Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 (79277 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Irupetepete: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rdfactor:

LoL. Student Visa? Or what type of Visa
visiting on a virgin passport after I Don fast for 2 months untop mountain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:52am On Dec 30, 2022
Irupetepete:
sorry man
You look into another country
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2022
Irupetepete:

Sometimes, Nigerian Visa people deny visa for the strangest of reasons and you keep wondering what exactly you've done wrong. Visa officers are human beings also moved by emotions. So, mood might even deny you visa sometimes. Sometime, He could just feel that you're lying and that's enough ground smiley

Try again. Or try another country

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by realogk: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
BunmiBie:

Can you recommend a bank for student and a credit card provider too.

Thanks

KUDA grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Rdfactor:

I seriously need Nigerian food. Food stuffs
If you need foodstuff kindly contact me ...best service guaranteed....zero8167692079
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Konquest: 6:59am On Jan 01, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

And each state will give you different scenery during different seasons. America is large enough to vacation across and never run out of destinations. Many say that most Americans don’t leave their country but exploring the US is enough for many. Enjoy
How's it going 1stGenAmerican?wink

Yes! We're at the beginning of an annual cycle! [I'm using my older moniker to post this].

So, on the other hand, did you know that ONLY approximately 30 percent of Americans own travel passports compared to
approximately 70 percent in the UK? More U.S. citizens have to open their eyes to the unlimited opportunities beyond the U.S. borders and not be too insular. I plan to be in Bahia, Brazil and Havana, Cuba for the culture and more later in the new year. Have you ever been to those two places? Yeah, I know you said you've been on a cruise ship to the Bahamas or the Caribbean region... which is mad cool.

I wish you more power as you gravitate towards your true life desires in 2023.

Like you always say, "We move"... Lol

Happy New Year!
~ AT

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Monaboo(m): 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
Is there any strong Prayer House in Atlanta, Georgia, USA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:31am On Jan 04, 2023
Konquest:

How's it going 1stGenAmerican?wink

Yes! We're at the beginning of an annual cycle! [I'm using my older moniker to post this].

So, on the other hand, did you know that ONLY approximately 30 percent of Americans own travel passports compared to
approximately 70 percent in the UK? More U.S. citizens have to open their eyes to the unlimited opportunities beyond the U.S. borders and not be too insular. I plan to be in Bahia, Brazil and
Havana, Cuba for the culture and more later in the new year. Have you ever been to those two places? Yeah, I know you said you've been on a cruise ship to the Bahamas or the Caribbean region... which is mad cool.

I wish you more power as you gravitate towards your true life desires in 2023.

Like you always say, "We move"... Lol

Happy New Year!
~ AT

Hello there, friend! Thank you for the well wishes and I pray that 2023 will be the best year of your life. wink
Your travel plans sound fantastic. I visited Havana in early 2018, not very long after the travel restrictions were loosened. While Cuba isn’t a country I plan on visiting again in the future, my trip there was sobering yet enjoyable.
I was aware of the difference in the amount of UK citizens who hold passports as compared to US citizens however I still attribute that to the size of the UK as compared to the US. The UK is 94,000 square miles while the US is 3.79 million square miles. UK citizens can travel around and through their country, seeing all there is to see in a year or less before wanting to see more. How long would it take for a US citizen to travel around the country and take in everything? grin
I’m an avid traveler who enjoys travel outside of the US borders (wouldn’t have it any other way) and you’re the same but I can kind of understand those who haven’t.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Allylic(f): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2023
Rdfactor:

LoL. Student Visa? Or what type of Visa
I came across your post some minutes ago..

You are a phd student right. If yes,what course?

Something about you is familiar
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2023
Allylic:
I came across your post some minutes ago..

You are a phd student right. If yes,what course?

Something about you is familiar

Yeap. Chemistry. Lol. Your monicker strikes hard too. Allylic carbon;a carbon attached to a carbon that's doubly bonded attached to another carbon. Ahah

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Allylic(f): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
Rdfactor:

Yeap. Chemistry. Lol. Your monicker strikes hard too. Allylic carbon;a carbon attached to a carbon that's doubly bonded attached to another carbon. Ahah
oya tell me more...Igi iwe...Most people don't understand my monicker..it is not a random one,it is a stable one..Hope you are good though

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
Allylic:
oya tell me more...Igi iwe...Most people don't understand my monicker..it is not a random one,it is a stable one..Hope you are good though

LoL. I'm doing quite fine. Are you a PhD person or an aspirant?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Allylic(f): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
Rdfactor:

LoL. I'm doing quite fine. Are you a PhD person or an aspirant?
hmmmm....very complicated....
I am trying to stay anonymous but answering an harmless question like this puts my anonymity at risk..I hope you don't mind if I dm you
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
Allylic:
hmmmm....very complicated....
I am trying to stay anonymous but answering an harmless question like this puts my anonymity at risk..I hope you don't mind if I dm you

Alright. We can DM
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Konquest: 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Hello there, friend! Thank you for the well wishes and I pray that 2023 will be the best year of your life
. wink

Your travel plans sound fantastic. I visited Havana in early 2018, not very long after the travel restrictions were loosened. While Cuba isn’t a country I plan on visiting again in the future, my trip there was sobering yet enjoyable.

I was aware of the difference in the amount of UK citizens who hold passports as compared to US citizens however I still attribute that to the size of the UK as compared to the US. The UK is 94,000 square miles while the US is 3.79 million square miles. UK citizens can travel around and through their country, seeing all there is to see in a year or less before wanting to see more. How long would it take for a US citizen to travel around the country and take in everything? grin

I’m an avid traveler who enjoys travel outside of the US borders (wouldn’t have it any other way) and you’re the same but I can kind of understand those who haven’t.
Hey 1stGenAmerican, "Alpha" here, I appreciate the positive thoughts and best wishes from you.

Yeah... This year is already poppin'! wink

Oh wow! It's great you touched down in Cuba just two years after Barack Obama's historic visit to Cuba in March 2016.
You must have had enough of real "Pina colada with Havana rum" while on vacation there... lol

Are you fluent in Spanish?

What do you mean by your trip being "sobering" yet "enjoyable?" ... did you encounter anything that had to do with the history of Cuba that shook you... [such as the side-effects of the embargo and travel bans on infrastructure]... any major culture shocks with reference to language differences or cultural etiquette?

I'm a BIG fan of Cuban music especially the Afro-Cuban varieties... as of today, I still listened to the music of "Orishas," Cuba's biggest rap/hip-hop group ever that specialized in mixing Cuban-Spanish with some Yoruba words to give a very exotic music style with Afro-Cuban musical instruments. That gave me a boost. lol

Last but not least, I see your point there in the bolded part of your comment. lol. The U.S. is "huge" in terms of landmass and it could take forever to explore everywhere, but just as you've stated, those who will explore other countries from the U.S. will do so... AND it's happening already with guys heading towards Latin American countries such as Dominican Republic, Brazil, Cuba, and more to tour historic sites and even stay for extended periods.

Talk to you later... Ciao! wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Cityboy123: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2023
Please I would like to know if attending 1 day conference in USA is enough for VO to issue a B1/B2 visa?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by internationalman(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
God please let them call me soon for my immigrant visa interview na so I can be contributing to threads like this on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
internationalman:
God please let them call me soon for my immigrant visa interview na so I can be contributing to threads like this on Nairaland.

God will answer your prayers

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by internationalman(m): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
Rdfactor:

God will answer your prayers

Amen my brother.

The wait is killing me softly
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Zeekaycn(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Season greetings NL!
My Woman is in UK and I'm presently in Nigerian. my plan right now is moving to US with her joining me.
Please anyone who had stayed in UK before relocating to US should give me update. Should I move to UK before working my way out? Or move directly to US? Please anyone who has legit info pass it on.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Pekun210(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
How do you people navigate the internship and job search ??
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Pekun210(m): 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
BunmiBie:

Can you recommend a bank for student and a credit card provider too.

Thanks

Chase bank : because you can earn extra $200 if you have a referral code
Discover: because you can also get $100 if you have a referral code

I can refer you for both; I will also get a bonus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by ga2157: 12:22am On Jan 08, 2023
Some questions on here really depend on the state that one is located. What applies to someone living in New York may not apply to someone residing in Texas. Your needs will be different, the weather will be different.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
Pekun210:
How do you people navigate the internship and job search ??

Getting internship reallying depends. Are you an F1 student? If yes, internship go tire you if you want one
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
Pekun210:

Chase bank : because you can earn extra $200 if you have a referral code
Discover: because you can also get $100 if you have a referral code

I can refer you for both; I will also get a bonus

About chase bank, you'll need to spend a certain amount over a specific period before you can get the $200 right?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Gratefulme: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hi,

Please is Pennsylvania a good state for family? My other options are new jersey and atlanta. Heard salaries are lower in atlanta?

Thanks
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Eyegroup: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2023
Rdfactor:

I'm a student. But not in Ohio. But this thread isn't generating the needed traction. I think if the mods Justwise and DisGuy give their support, it'll help.
my brother how did you possible do you visa for USA can you direct me or guide me please
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Originalsly: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
pointednose:

I will be arriving the US in a couple of months. I will be working in the dayton area, Ohio. Anybody in Ohio I can connect with?

Hmmmm..... Ohio ... how's if out there?... in the middle of nowhere?... what's the winter like? .... heard like two days ago a 6 year old pupil shot the class teacher who was in hospital fighting for her life .... what's the oitcome?...outcome?.... crazy things happen in these places!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / I Regret Coming To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.