Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,528 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead (27603 Views)

Security Agents Invade Imo Community, Burn Houses / Gunmen Invade Imo Community, Kill 2 People, Injure Others, Destroy Properties / Gunmen Invade Ministry Of Finance In Nasarawa, Cart Away ₦100 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Peterobiisathie(f): 3:11am On Nov 15, 2022
A monarch, Ignitus Asor, alongside four persons consisting two chiefs and two villagers, were on Monday allegedly shot dead by gunmen who invaded the monarch’s palace in Obudi Agwa community, in the Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State.

PUNCH Metro gathered from sources in the community that the gunmen stormed the monarch’s palace when Asor, his chiefs and some other persons were discussing a matter bordering on the community.

After invading the premises, the gunmen allegedly opened fire indiscriminately, killing the monarch, his chiefs and the villagers in the process.

Apart from invading the monarch’s palace in the community, the gunmen reportedly stormed Mgbala community, and allegedly shot a pregnant woman and a local security officer.

The injured victims including the pregnant woman, a retired soldier, the traditional prime minister, Stephen Ajoku, who sustained bullet wounds, were rushed to different hospitals for prompt treatment.

A source, while speaking with our correspondent, said the communities had been thrown into mourning following the attacks, adding that those who escaped were fortunate to be alive.

The source said, “Our community was attacked Monday morning. The gunmen invaded the monarch’s palace where issues were being discussed.

“They opened fire and as I speak with you, the traditional ruler, two chiefs and two others have been confirmed dead. The traditional prime minister of the community, Chief Ajoku, and a retired soldier were also shot but they are still alive.

“Mgbala community was also attacked and a pregnant woman and vigilante officer were shot. They are alive as we speak. Our community bleeds. This is very unfortunate.”

The Coordinator of Agwa Development Centre, Obinna Jumbo, when contacted, said the victims’ families alongside members of the community reported the incident to the police for investigation.

He explained further that the corpses of the victims had been evacuated from the scene and deposited in a morgue.

The sole Administrator of Oguta LGA, Ijioma Ofili, during a telephone conversation with our correspondent, said security agents in the communities had briefed him on the incident, adding that efforts were on to apprehend those behind the dastardly attacks.

While assuring that normalcy had been restored in the community, the LGA boss said justice would be served in the matter to assuage the pains of the families of the slain victims.

Contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Michael Abattam, confirmed the incident.

https://punchng.com/gunmen-invade-imo-palace-shoot-monarch-chiefs-villagers-dead/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668472413

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Peterobiisathie(f): 3:13am On Nov 15, 2022
i hope ipob terrorists did not eat their flesh join
i advice Chuckwuma Charlse Soludo to watch his back those unfortunate Children reason upside down

82 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by tillaman(m): 3:23am On Nov 15, 2022
It has to be IMO

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:25am On Nov 15, 2022
I hope Abba Kyari and his Supreme Court team are resting in peace for this they did in Imo

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Peterobiisathie(f): 3:31am On Nov 15, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
I hope Abba Kyari and his Supreme Court team are resting in peace for this they did in Imo
you blamed dead man for killings in your shithole
are you vindicating DSS and Fulani now?

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by LegendHero(m): 3:32am On Nov 15, 2022
Someone should check if the Monarch at any time attacked Peter Obi verbally.

It is as tho Obidiidiot IPOB terrorists are now killing anyone that attack their Obingo.

RIP to the Igwe and I hope the killers are caught soon and sent to the deepest part of hell.

Now that relative peace is getting back to the North due to the fact that the bandits are facing heavy fire from our gallant military, IPOB terrorists think they can now take the shine of the most deadliest terrorists.

Buhari should not turn a blind eye to the carnage happening in the SE, he should send another Python to dance so these terrorists won’t turn the SE to a desolate region.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by michlins(m): 3:36am On Nov 15, 2022
If the government should do something about this wickedness, some people will attach the government and say he's killing the youths in

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Peterobiisathie(f): 3:38am On Nov 15, 2022
LegendHero:
Someone should check if the Monarch at any attacked Peter Obi verbally.

It is as tho Obidiidiot IPOB terrorists are now killing anyone that attack their Obingo.

RIP to the Igwe and I hope the killers are caught soon and sent to the deepest part of hell.

I wish FG can grant them their Beerfraud

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by LegendHero(m): 3:39am On Nov 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:

At this point, I wish they can get Biafra too.

If I have the power, I will give it to them right away.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Yibo(m): 4:34am On Nov 15, 2022
Ipob terrorists on the loose again

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Curious345: 4:41am On Nov 15, 2022
Death to all terrorists

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by superCleanworks(m): 4:49am On Nov 15, 2022
na wah

1 Like

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by orisa37: 5:18am On Nov 15, 2022
BUHARI VISITED KING CHARLES FOR MEDICAL EXAM THEN.
Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by MadeINchenzen2: 5:20am On Nov 15, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate by David Hundeyin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji210K94MgQ

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 15, 2022
LegendHero:
Someone should check if the Monarch at any time attacked Peter Obi verbally.

Now that relative peace is getting back to the North due to the fact that the bandits are facing heavy fire from our gallant military, IPOB terrorists think they can now take the shine of the most deadliest terrorists.

Buhari should not turn a blind eye to the carnage happening in the SE, he should send another Python to dance so these terrorists won’t turn the SE to a desolate region.

Buhari and the army cannot sort this out. Insurgency is home to stay in the SE. Only Igbos themselves can end it.

Their leaders are greedy, callous, anti-people and incompetent cowards though so I don't expect them to even attempt delivering solutions.

No end in sight in my opinion and will get worse when Obi loses.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by kingthreat(m): 5:33am On Nov 15, 2022
After killing your policemen, there is definitely no one to save you. To my Igbo friend, please if I no attend your wedding this december make you no vex. I no want insecurity wahala. No thanks to IPOB that your people vehemently support

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:48am On Nov 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:

Who Gave us Supreme Court Governor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Almaigaa: 5:54am On Nov 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
i hope ipob terrorists did not eat their flesh join
i advice Chuckwuma Charlse Soludo to watch his back those unfortunate Children reason upside down

They must at least, eat one Person's flesh. IPOB feast on their victims flesh. They are Cannibals.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by LadyExcellency: 5:57am On Nov 15, 2022
Why always the oil and gas communities?

Oil and Gas are a curse to Nigerian communities where they are being exploited and killed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by gidgiddy: 5:58am On Nov 15, 2022
All the online miscreants who only remember that there's insecurity in Nigeria when they hear that a gun was fired in the South East, so they can come online and say IPOB did it, have already arrived on this thread

But more than 20 people have been killed in Benue this month of November by killer herdsmen, the online miscreants are no where to be found

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by stanluiz(m): 6:26am On Nov 15, 2022
Gov Uzodima should put more effort on oguta local government.

Ever since gas was discovered in that local government. Violence everywhere. I don't know what the youths want.

Another point is that Criminal elements in the state are shifting their base there.

He should use maximum force to root those Criminals out the same way he did in Orlu and Orsu axis. If possible he should declare Curfew to restore peace and order in that local government.

4 Likes

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Yibo(m): 6:28am On Nov 15, 2022
gidgiddy:
All the online miscreants who only remember that there's insecurity in Nigeria when they hear that a gun was fired in the South East, so they can come online and say IPOB did it, have already arrived on this thread

But more than 20 people have been killed in Benue this month of November by killer herdsmen, the online miscreants are no where to be found
is that the reason why Peter Pandora Obituary's supporters killed the innocent monarch?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by TinubuDeDrugLor: 8:28am On Nov 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:

Stop deceiving yourself. You're afraid of Biafra because you can't survive without Igbo's.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by JOemmy(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Imo state have never had it this bad uzodima is the worst governor to ever govern imo state.
Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by BluntCrazeMan: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2022
RIP
Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by JomiTech(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by abobote: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2022
This happened in my village.

That Asor is not a good king, he has killed so many people with his gang, and he was one the sponsors of a crisis in the neighboring community, Mgbala.
The way he carried himself, one will think he will not be hit easily.
May he rot in hell, and may the souls of the villagers that were caught in the fire rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by VeryWickedGoat: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2022
Anambra State House next...

1 Like

Re: Ignitus Asor: Gunmen Invade Imo Palace, Shoot Monarch, Chiefs, Villagers Dead by Iceman2017(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2022
embarassed

South East is bleeding!

He who kill his brother over wealth or power is not wise

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Quizzes Sheikh Auwal Shariff For Criticizing Tinubu Over Hardship / Gej's Trekkers Share Their Doctors Report After Going For Medical Check Up[pics] / PDP Won Benue 2015 Elections - Mike Iordye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.