Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (86790 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 7:34am On Sep 04, 2011
Mr Coogar!
Today is Sunday(Holy Day),why don't you keep all this abusive comments and continue with it tommorrow?
Happy Sunday To The Gunners Family!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2011
One more week grin , damn these days are too slow. Can't wait to see the new ensemble grin grin . Yes ,Yes i know, i'm getting a bit ahead of myself . It will take sometime for the for the team to gel so i should have modest expectations for september, and may be october too.
But why is no one discussing possible team formations and all that ? [size=24pt]COME ON PEOPLE[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2011
^^

I'm personally keen on discussing formations, but we need to clear out the vermin before we can do that.

I'm still processing the buys in my head for now. . . .as the Swansea game approaches I'll have a clearer picture.

Along those lines, the rumours around Jack aren't too encouraging - still likely to be out for another 6 weeks at least, and potentially till December.

Gibbs should resume training soon - that LB position will be the most interesting battle for me this season, provided Gibbs stays fit.

Can anyone tell me whether Mertsesacker is more left footed or right footed?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2011
jack=vermaelen last season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^ I jump am pass!

Try to think positive . . . .the sense I'm getting is that they are being extra careful to avoid the same mistakes as last season. Apparently if Arsenal wanted him to play, they could have given him injections, but the focus is about getting the problem resolved fully. I suspect this influenced us getting both Arteta and Benayoun to protect against any injuries and avoid rushing players back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
Damn ! That Wilshere situation is not palatable at all, at all. And when 4ller equates his situation to that of the Verminator i can totally relate. I hope he doesn't stay out past January. Which reminds me of Diaby, that guy has vanished from the radar grin
Also pingpong and billabong should be ready immediately after the break, right ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
4llerbuntu:

jack=vermaelen last season

I seriously hope your equation doesn't come tru as that will be massive blow to our midfield. I heard mid-October and I'm optimistic about that.

edoyad:

Also pingpong and billabong should be ready immediately after the break, right ?

Pingpong shld be ready but Billabong and Gervi still have one more game ban to serve.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2011
What!
Which kain rubbish be this; Wilshere out for 2 months. It all starter from 1week then 2 more weeks and now 2 months.
Somebody don talk am say Wilshere go dey like Vermaelen, now i know say na true. Mtcheew
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Roland17(m): 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2011
Capello and Wenger are hugely Responsible for whilshere's current predicament, a similar scenario which happened to Rooney in the beginning of last season is playing in Whilshere's situation.

The young gun was over used by both coaches, lack of depth meant whilshere started almost every game and competition for us last season, Wenger was weary of the repercussion and refused to let him play for England in the Under-20 competition, in fact during a recent interview which is available on the official website of the team, he admitted this fear.

Capello on the other hand who is reconstructing a new England with young players, realized a new midfield enigma had been born, refused to let the boy rest, even during friendly matches involving England

i just have a feeling that leg would take a long time to heal, cos it has been stressed, after all "Man Body No B Fire Wood".

Hopefully he would be fine by the end of October.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2011
Wilshere will be missed against Goatze! Hopefully,he should be back to face him in the second leg!
@Debosky,
Mertesacker is right footer,that's why He is a giant in the CB!
Wilshere will feature in the London Olympics too.Just praying that his situation will not be like that of TV5 during last season!
Get back soon JW19.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by chamotex(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Wilshere will be missed against Goatze! Hopefully,he should be back to face him in the second leg!
@Debosky,
Mertesacker is right footer,that's why He is a giant in the CB!
Wilshere will feature in the London Olympics too.Just praying that his situation will not be like that of TV5 during last season!
Get back soon JW19.

Err . . . how does being a right footed player equate to being a giant?
So all left footers should be dwarfs then undecided undecided

I just love this thread grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2011
We should be collecting some kinda toll or subscription charge for people visiting this thread. Comic relief at its preak grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
chamotex:

unfortunately the same cannot be said about the thread's feelings towards you
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by chamotex(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2011
edoyad:

unfortunately the same cannot be said about the thread's feelings towards you

This doesn't make any iota of sense.
Threads dont have feelings tongue tongue
And moreover, you are not the thread . . . so speak for yourself.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
chamotex:

Yeap!
Or have you seen a left footer Giant playing CB before?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by codedguy1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Yeap!
Or have you seen a left footer Giant playing CB before?

This guy still wants to justify his initial blunder shocked

Jesus Wept!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
Even Arsene accepts that Jack was overused last season, with Cesc's injury troubles and Diaby's injuries and red card. To a large extent, I think Nasri was also overused as well and basically stopped playing in the 2nd half of the season with Song also tiring out and giving a jaded performance in the CC final, hence our collapse towards the end of the season. In a way I'm almost thankful Song and Gerv got these cards cos I suspect they would have been overused this season as well.

Our squad depth should now be much better if these new intakes gel quickly and with the more matured GPS gizmo system, we should be able to track our player's fitness levels better, at least the data from it was good enof to cause an FA change of mind about Wilshere's U21 inclusion.

As to formation, I think the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 has come to stay, that is what Arsenal now play all through from youth level to the first team, IMO Arshavin has lost his position to Gerv, it remains to be seen if Theo will lose his to Park or if Park will be used central. Arteta for now I think will replace Cesc as both Rosicky and Ramsey have given mixed performances from that position. Ramsey might slot in with Song who will rotate with Frimpong pending Jack's return. At the back, Per will come in alongside TV5 with Kos as backup and there will be a duel for the LB position between Gibbs and Santos.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2011
coded guy:

This guy still wants to justify his initial blunder shocked

Jesus Wept!!!!!
Jesus Wept at which blunder?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by codedguy1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Jesus Wept at which blunder?

If you cannot detect it. Goodluck!! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2011
duduspace:

Even Arsene accepts that Jack was overused last season, with Cesc's injury troubles and Diaby's injuries and red card. To a large extent, I think Nasri was also overused as well and basically stopped playing in the 2nd half of the season with Song also tiring out and giving a jaded performance in the CC final, hence our collapse towards the end of the season. In a way I'm almost thankful Song and Gerv got these cards cos I suspect they would have been overused this season as well.

Our squad depth should now be much better if these new intakes gel quickly and with the more matured GPS gizmo system, we should be able to track our player's fitness levels better, at least the data from it was good enof to cause an FA change of mind about Wilshere's U21 inclusion.

As to formation, I think the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 has come to stay, that is what Arsenal now play all through from youth level to the first team, IMO Arshavin has lost his position to Gerv, it remains to be seen if Theo will lose his to Park or if Park will be used central. Arteta for now I think will replace Cesc as both Rosicky and Ramsey have given mixed performances from that position. Ramsey might slot in with Song who will rotate with Frimpong pending Jack's return. At the back, Per will come in alongside TV5 with Kos as backup and there will be a duel for the LB position between Gibbs and Santos.
*sigh* Decisions, Decisions. I gladly welcome the competition(s) you pointed out. Gerv vs Arsh vs Theo; Rvp vs Theo? vs Young vs Cham etc.
But the delicious part is the mid-field: Frimsong vs Pong vs Arteta vs Ramsey vs Rozzi vs Wilshere . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
coded guy:

erm,  coded guy can we try not to take everything too literaly, in the midst of excitement much meaning is lost and not everyone can express themselves as succintly as Debo.  angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by codedguy1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
duduspace:

erm, coded guy can we try not to take everything too literaly, in the midst of excitement much meaning is lost and not everyone can express themselves as succintly as Debo. angry angry

ok, i hear u!

Why u dey vex naa? smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Roland17(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2011
i can't wait to see how Wenger copes with selection problems and depth of the team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by chamotex(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2011
duduspace:

erm,  coded guy can we try not to take everything too literaly, in the midst of excitement much meaning is lost and not everyone can express themselves as succintly as Debo.  angry angry

But what was wrong with what he said though?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
coded guy:

ok, i hear u!
Why u dey vex naa? smiley

Thanks.
I nor dey vex o, just trying to make piss, yu know what I mean.   wink grin

chamotex:

But what was wrong with what he said though?

Nothing at all, chamo yu trouble maker.  grin
No fantasy league smashing for you today, so na to dey flex muscle for arsenal thread abi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
coded guy:

I can't detect it!
Can you help?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
Dgunnerz:

I can't detect it!
Can you help?

What coded guy was trying to say is that there is no scientific link between a player's favoured side/foot and their physical size. I'm also sure that is not what you meant and that something was lost in translation.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
duduspace:

What coded guy was trying to say is that there is no scientific link between a player's favoured side/foot and their physical size. I'm also sure that is not what you meant and that something was lost in translation.
If that's what Coded Guy meant,am just trying to be, you-know-now,kinda funny!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2011
Dgunnerz:

If that's what Coded Guy meant,am just trying to be, you-know-now,kinda funny!
Young man why are you bothering yourself ? undecided . Many of the guys who come here are seeking attention, they want to be noticed on our thread. Do yourself a world of good by ignoring them. Or you could copy me and how i go vitriolic on their ugly usernames grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^

I agree. . . .many times only vitriol gets the vermin out. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
debosky:

^^

I agree. . . .many times only vitriol gets the vermin out. cheesy

which is why the cretins of your ilk get slaughtered even on your threads!
from tomorrow, you shall see real war on these pages. . . . .all out war on arsenal until you win a trophy.
you dunderheads epitomise persistent failure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.