Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (86143 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
Wenger = Kunta Kinte tongue tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by sleekdot(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
Ibime:

@ Dayo,

You see yourself?

Why are you telling me that Toni Kroos has to displace Schweinsteiger? Why can't he displace the inept Gustavo and Tymoschuk.

ibime you keep shaming yourself more and more

Toni Kroos skillset is similar to Schweinsteigers and not to Gustavo or Tymoschuk. The last two are destroyers and more defensive

Kroos is not defensive, he doesnt mark that much and he is not physical, His greatest asset are his excellent football brains, eye for a pass and accurate shot. He doesnt tackle

Its like you asking why Xavi cant replace Makelele? You see the foolishness?

This is the difference between a boy and a man. If anybody in any position block Wilshere's path, he simply found another position to take? He can play Song, Cesc, Diaby, Nasri, Arshavin and Walcotts position, whilst Toni Kroos is busy waiting for Scweinsteiger to retire. That's the difference between a boy and a man.

Is that not the definition of stupidity? Wilshere was able to do that because those playing those positions are average for Arsenal thats why Wilshere looks decent. Who would you bench for walcot in a line up of Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, muller and Gomez?

Wilshere vs Walcott as a RW vs Kroos vs Robben as a RW?

Wilshere vs Diaby as a LW vs Kroos vs Ribery as a LW?

Wilshere vs Arshavin or Kroos vs Muller?

Wilshere vs Chamakh/Bendner or Kroos vs Gomez

Choose any one

Ask me why thiago is still a bench warmer while Wilshere, ramsey etc are almost guaranteed shorts in Arsenal.

The Arteta you all shout would gladly take his place either on the bench or youth team of most top clubs

Is Kroos not now playing DM for Germany? What took him so long to man up? You forgot how Kroos and Leverkusen had the collapse of the century in 09/10.

Kroos can only play alongside Schweini in a non competitive game or vs Smaller sides. Its like Playing Xavi, Fabregas without a busquets behind them. You can do that vs Alicante but not against madrid, man Utd or Munich

Lars Bender is good for Dortmund but he was only the third best central midfielder in Dortmund?

You see you are slowly becoming the GOOFanti of this forum Lars bender plays for leverkusen, His twin brother Sven plays for Dortmund, I am sure you would be mixing Brian and Michael laudrup, Simeone and Filipo Inzaghi, MIKEL Obi and Mikel Arteta, Hans jorg BUTT and Nicky BUTT, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Oliver Neuville.

Sven Bender was only next to Nuri Sahin last season and this season he should be the number 1 Dortmund CM beside Ilkay Gundogan

Everybody you named, I know all of em. There were two boys Sauron named who must have maybe a handful of games under their belt. I mean WTF is that about?

The few games and their skillset is definitely better than Wilsheres century of games
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
Coogar is just being a asinine anti-arsenal. No biggie. One who hears him speak of wilshere will wonder if its the same wilshere who has already earned himself a national team call-up and is a member of the team of the season in the league he plays. I wonder how many of those nonentities he listed have accolodes close to that. (watch him say its cos wilshere is english)

Coo/Sharon also belittled  RvP in similar fashion saying RvP isn't world class, cant score 20 goals and even blasphemed by saying Imbertov is better than RvP. RvP went on to do that in half a season. Coo shouldn't be taken seriously please

Coogar == Asinine anti-arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by follypimpi(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by follypimpi(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
@Sleek

Please dont mention Ramsey, his an average player i beg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
ritchboy:

Kolo Toure was "once" better than Vidic. You on the other hand just told us a few minutes ago Thiago is better than Cesc, isn't it obvious you are mad? cheesy
If YOU say so!

toure has never been better than vidic. not in his lifetime.
dorks like you are only conversant with the premier league.

Pires was "once" better than Cristiano. Before the 2006 UCL final Coogar told us Rooney is better than Henry grin grin grin

pires has never ever been better than cristiano. that pires first busted on the scene means shyte.
by your slow logic, mc hammer was once better than eminem.

of course, rooney is better than henry. . . .who is thierry henry?
both were at the same tournament in euro 2004, rooney outshone henry.

If Thiago is better than Wilshere in two years then i'll ay he is. As at this moment those are the words of a phoool.

you know you watch your own football upside down. . . . . .

Are you not the same heediot that said Arsenal have a better midfield than Chelsea/United a few weeks ago? So tell me how it's easier for Wilshere to break into the first team than Morrison, oh i forgot, you are a scatterbrained doofus!

midfield is not only about the central midfield. wingers are also midfielders you reprobate!
arsenal have just 14 good players which means the midfielders in their starting xi were better than that of chelsea and united(as at last season) beyond that starting xi, united still have about 2 teams whilst arsenal have nothing. if wilshere was a graduate of united academy, he would still be playing in the reserves. if josh mceachran was a graduate of arsenal academy, he would have copped about 100 games under his belt.

arsenal have the shittiest squad strength in the league. . . . .like i keep saying promotion to arsenal's senior squad is the easiest in europe.
your argument is akin to a student who copped 1st class in imo state university in comparison to a dude with 2.1 in imperial college.
you are the scatterbrained doofus - you told us fabregas was better than ronaldo in autumn of 2007. 5 months later, ronaldo won all the awards in the world and fabregas won eduardo's crutches.

dipo+:

Coogar is just being a asinine anti-arsenal. No biggie. One who hears him speak of wilshere will wonder if its the same wilshere who has already earned himself a national team call-up and is a member of the team of the season in the league he plays. I wonder how many of those nonentities he listed have accolodes close to that. (watch him say its cos wilshere is english)

engaging you in a debate is like teaching a blind man how to play fifa12.
wilshere has earned himself a national team call-up, congratulations to the parents of jack wilshere. . . . .that's the benefit of playing in the senior team of arsenal. cleverley has only played 3 league games for man utd, he has earned the same call-up. phil jones from nowhere has earned the same call up. if he was still at blackburn, no one would pay attention to him. so it's not about age or brilliance. . . . .it's about playing the games 220 countries are watching and performing decently in them. getting to the english national team is also easy. wilshere won't play for spain. . . . .cleverley wont start for germany.

Coo/Sharon also belittled  RvP in similar fashion saying RvP isn't world class, cant score 20 goals and even blasphemed by saying Imbertov is better than RvP. RvP went on to do that in half a season. Coo shouldn't be taken seriously please

so your highness in idiocy still believes van persie is better than berbatov?
we all know who won the epl golden boot last season, what did van r@pist win? so van persie scored 20 goals?
berbatov has matched that feat 3 times now since he joined the english league. . . . .van persie has achieved it just twice in his entire career as a professional footballer

Coogar == Asinine anti-arsenal

when your brain completes it's final phase of development, come back to me.
fact remains van persie has only scored more than 12 league goals once in his career in spite of the fact that he's the chief penalty taker in arsenal.
berbatov scored 20 league goals pure(no penalties).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ Dayo,

You see yourself?

Toni Kroos can't mark, tackle, track players, dribble, no pace etc.

Yet he is better than Wilshere who can do all these things plus the normal playmaker functions.

In that case, for Toni Kroos to be better than Wilshere, Toni Kroos passing and finishing must be 100% whilst Wilshere's must be 20%. . . .since Wilshere beats him hands down in every other department.

Its the same thing with Eriksson.

Any playmaker that has attributes to do all jobs is PRICELESS.

You forgot Xavi started as a Defensive Midfielder. Who told you Busquets is even a typical DM? Busquets is a playmaker type who has the intelligence to play deep.

This is the difference between Boyz and Men.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
Ibime:

Its the same thing with Eriksson.

You forgot Xavi started as a Defensive Midfielder. Who told you Busquets is even a typical DM? Busquets is a playmaker type who has the intelligence to play deep.

it's eriksen not eriksson. perhaps you are talking about a different player.
have you seen christian eriksen in ajax at all? ever? a player that won the best young player in eredivisie is not as good as wilshere? if wilshere was french, would he win the same award that had chicharito and nani as nominees?

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnitxchedk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"[/flash]

the day wilshere r@pes his marker like this, i would give you $500.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
Now to International Watch.
J.Y Park  scored hatrick for his country today in a 6-0 win against Lebanon.
Benayoun played 90 minutes for his country against Greece in 1-0 loss.
What do you guys think?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Jencejyde(m): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2011
oh oh! Now this one's interesting. Jack, Thiago and Goetze. From a football players perspective, regardless of what team any of these young lads play for. i'd say one cant really place any of them over another.

I mean Jack is very good on the ball held his own in a two legged game against a superior Barca side in the midfield and was brilliant for Arsenal all season.

Thiago, when i saw him at the euro U 21's championship, he was just pure class and for him to get a look in with a barca side that has the best midfield in Europe right now is no mean feat. He also moves around has has a ferocious attacking instinct.

Goetze was absolutely fantastic with Dortmund last season playing central and occasionally drifting wide. He is also very quick with good one touch football in and around the 18 yard box, His performance against Brazil in the last played friendly was awesome, he always looked threatening when going forward.

I mean, as far as am concerned any one of them is a world class player lets just wait and see how the season turns out with these lads facing new challenges

My judgment will be based on consistency of form rather tha one good game and 10 poor ones,

Its absolutely impossible to say one of them is light years ahead of the others,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
@Cooger,Wilshere will prove you wrong about that.
Don't worry,just donate your $500 to orphanage home when he proves you wrong,bro!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Jencejyde(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Now to International Watch.
J.Y Park  scored hatrick for his country today in a 6-0 win against Lebanon.
Benayoun played 90 minutes for his country against Greece in 1-0 loss.
What do you guys think?

Good signs id say, i'm not getting carried away but these are really positive signs that we have a brilliant mix of experience and youth to churn out decent results on match days.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by sleekdot(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
Ibime:

@ Dayo,

You see yourself?

Toni Kroos can't mark, tackle, track players, dribble, no pace etc.

Yet he is better than Wilshere who can do all these things plus the normal playmaker functions.

Xavi doesnt mark, Cant tackle, limited in dribbles, no pace Yet he is better than 99% of midlfielders in Football. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

In that case, for Toni Kroos to be better than Wilshere, Toni Kroos passing and finishing must be 100% whilst Wilshere's must be 20%. . . .since Wilshere beats him hands down in every other department.

Do we measure footballer by departments? Messi is average at heading, dead balls,, doesnt take Long range shots? doesnt do stepovers, Doesnt do bicycle kicks, Barele tackles, is lightweight Yet he has been the best player in the world for the past 3 years

The best play makers in the last decades were Xavi and Zidane tell me how many of these they could do mark, tackle, track players, dribble, no pace etc.

You have to differentiate when you are talking to GAYYners and to elite analysts like Dayokanu,

Show me any point in time where Xavi didnt have a DM behind him at Barca either in the mould of Petit, Cocu, Van Bommel, Busquets, Yaya toure, Edmilson etc

Think your response through else I wont be nice next time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by ritchboy(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2011
The trolls are really hungry tonight cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
All these fawking id10ts who find shelter only in the Arsenal thread. Brainless enough to bring European talk into Arsenal thread and blame those of us who stick to our thread as ignorant. Self-indulgent ignoramuses
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
sleekdot:

Xavi doesnt mark, Cant tackle, limited in dribbles, no pace Yet he is better than 99% of midlfielders in Football. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Do we measure footballer by departments? Messi is average at heading, dead balls,, doesnt take Long range shots? doesnt do stepovers, Doesnt do bicycle kicks, Barele tackles, is lightweight Yet he has been the best player in the world for the past 3 years

The best play makers in the last decades were Xavi and Zidane tell me how many of these they could do mark, tackle, track players, dribble, no pace etc.

You have to differentiate when you are talking to GAYYners and to elite analysts like Dayokanu,

Show me any point in time where Xavi didnt have a DM behind him at Barca either in the mould of Petit, Cocu, Van Bommel, Busquets, Yaya toure, Edmilson etc

Think your response through else I wont be nice next time.

i dunno why you are responding to ibime.
his football knowledge has gone down the drain ever since yaradua died.

this was what christian eriksen's father said when chelsea wanted eriksen for a third trial.

The father of Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has hit out at English clubs, claiming their 'cold' way of dealing with young players is bad for their development.

Eriksen, 19, had a trial at Chelsea as a youth player but failed to impress enough to earn himself a contract and Eriksen Snr was unimpressed with the way his son was handled by the London club.

"Chelsea thought he was too weak and not that great," Thomas Eriksen told the Daily Mail. "They wanted him to have a third trial - but I said no to that. They had time to consider him.

"But it suited us just fine because it was not the right place for him. The English mentality does not work, they are completely cold with the way they deal with players.

"If there is one player from the youth team that goes to the first team they are happy. They are indifferent to all the rest. The training facilities are good - but kids should not go there."

The Danish midfielder impressed in the 2-1 loss to England in February and has been recently linked with a move to Liverpool, which he claimed he would turn down

now you see why english fans prefer micah richards, scott parker, lampard and other zombies instead of raw skills.
it's rubbish to see things that way.

the twins, hernandez, tevez, silva, scholes, messi, iniesta, xavi, casillas. they're too small now aren't they?
hmm, who's been struggling with the physicality of the league. chamakh,,bebe, kanoute did, dzeko did until recently. how tall and strong are these players in comparison?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by sleekdot(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^ I was just shocked cos thats the kind of reasoning I expect from Deborah not someone on Ibimes level

Or should we blame it on the alcohol and weed?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
ritchboy:

The trolls are really hungry tonight cheesy
Then get them some fukcing food in the dungeon!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
ibime is a d1ckhead!
that's the long n short story of this.
--------------------------
--------------------------

for feck's sake walcott is really shyte!
what exactly is the hype about walcott?

he's been playing shyte for england all day.
what a pass by rooney to send walcott through on goal. . . .walcott shot 25metres wide.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2011
So Sharon has started his multiple user name nonsense again. . . oh it's his fellow muppet Donkeykong. grin

Friday Night Madness . . . . muppets able to create an argument out of nothing.

As for Wilshere being miles below Goetze or vice-versa, hopefully we'll get to see them in action against each other and then judge.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Jencejyde(m): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
debosky:

So Sharon has started his multiple user name nonsense again. . . oh it's his fellow muppet Donkeykong. grin

Friday Night Madness . . . . muppets able to create an argument out of nothing.

As for Wilshere being miles below Goetze or vice-versa, hopefully we'll get to see them in action against each other and then judge.

True that! It will be a truly interesting duel, but i want to believe both young lads are still top top quality.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2011
RVP and Park chinchin scored today for their respective NTs./

RVp scored 4 out of thee 11 Holland gave San Marino

Park scored an hat trick against Lebanon
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
RVP dey vex, both he and our resident Kung-fu expert should just bring that kinda form back to the emirates.

Anyone discussing Wilshere with Sharon would do better to start heading a wall, the muppet probably still believes Ravel Morrison is better, pure beef  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2011
Wow!
RVP fourtrick!
J.Y Park hatrick!
Waiting for more,
Hope they combine these goals together against Swansea!
Jack vs Goatze?
Watchout for Season 1 In this New Month;September!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by follypimpi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
I would love Goetze playing for us any day anytime.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by ritchboy(m): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
Ramsey on the scoresheet as well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
Captain Ramsey self no Bleep up sha!
Fabregas scored a brace against Chile today and lost a penalty!Well,he is still our boy since he still calls us "WE"!
Zooming to the club!
Good nite gunners!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2011
Chu Young seems a promising striker. Wont be surprised if he hit 15 goals for us in all competions.
RvP will easily score 30 if he wasn't injury prone, he is absolutely world class. Its fair to say we have a better squad than last season IMO.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Roland17(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2011
My prayer and hope is that, they all come back without injuries. am happy Sagna was rested by Blanc, he trained separately, away from the rest of the french squad and jogged lightly towards the end of the match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 12:49am On Sep 03, 2011
In summary,

Goetze and Wilshere will clash in a few weeks where I exect Wilshere to show he is also a top player.

Henry and Rooney na draw draw.

Ritchboy should be shot for claiming Toure was ever better than Vidic.

Ravel Morrison will make his debut in HMP before making his debut at Old Trafford.

Pires was never better than Ronaldo.

MC HAMMER is still better than Eminem till today.

Toni Kroos is waiting for Muller and Schweinsteiger to retire before resuming his football career.

Lars and Sven are both Benders.

Chamhakh is also a bender (gay).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 2:13am On Sep 03, 2011
Ibime:

Chamhakh is also a bender (man-lover).

Naaa, I hear he is only being haunted by some images from his past involving a condom. grin
The only thing left in Wilshere's game is the goals, but that Goetze boy is good sha.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 2:31am On Sep 03, 2011
Ibime, Henry and who na draw draw? shocked May Dennis Bergkamp forgive you. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.