Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,294 members, 7,842,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (86458 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 12:51am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^^^^ grin grin grin
Open day
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 1:04am On Oct 03, 2011
Difference between Arsenal and Man Utd/Chelsea. The latter don't need to be at their best to win games. As a matter of fact, they can be so poor and still bag 3points. Whereas, Arsenal can play so well and end up losing badly not to talk of when we are poor.

This team's problem is more than particular problems. Sagna too is now out for 3 months. Will now be stucked with Jenkinson. SMH
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by kaypumpin2(m): 1:25am On Oct 03, 2011
@Proudly

grin

I'll like to think it all can continue to be awful news.Something's got to give somewhere,somehow,some way.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 1:54am On Oct 03, 2011
Na so we see am o Kay, time for Jekinson to step up or what? so we won't see Bac again till January at the earliest?  shocked shocked this season na wa. Cue some people blaming the medical team for Sagna's broken fibula. Curse you o Essou Akoto.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 2:02am On Oct 03, 2011
Jenkinson aint as bad as some people's comments suggest.

It means he'll get more games now and hopefully improve.

This our injury problem is looking like a curse now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 2:11am On Oct 03, 2011
Coquelin can play RB as well and if push comes to shove JD. The team just needs to hang in there till January when these players are expected to come back. For now all these boys like Ramsey have to stand up and show why the manager is backing them. The 2 I expect to be back soon TV5 and Diaby should improve the team greatly.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 5:38am On Oct 03, 2011
With better Marksmanship from Spurs they could have copped a Man Utd like scoreline Sczezny saved at lleast 4-5 point blank

One in the first half first 10mins, A one on one save from VdVaart in the 27th min, like 2 point blank save from Adebayor, One from Defoe late in the game, the Bale miss

Assuming Gervinho even scored his chance the scoreline would have even looked like another 8-2
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 6:59am On Oct 03, 2011
^^
Yeah, right. That's how simply it is. If we had gotten that second goal when we began to really pressure the totts having equalised, the score-line woulda bn 1-4.
Schezny was up to the task but too bad he conceded from 99 yards
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2011
Arsenal fans once again show how retardeed they are by chanting at Adebayor about the killing of his Togolese teammates in the Team bus in Angola last year.

Emmanuel Adebayor was in the starting XI for Spurs and facing his old club for the first time since apologizing for his behavior while playing against them for Man City two years ago. Some Arsenal fans apparently did not accept this apology, however, and decided to tell Adebayor how they still feel about him by singing [size=18pt]"It should have been you, it should have been you, Shot in Angola. It should have been you."[/size] This was a reference to the horrific machine gun attack on the Togo national team buses before last year's African Cup of Nations that killed three people. Adebayor was on one of those buses and later said he was "still haunted" by the attempt to kill him and all of his teammates.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Arsenal-fans-sing-Adebayor-shooting-chant-Wenge?urn=sow-wp5364
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^^
sickening to say the least.
Awaiting the holier-than-thou response from the cockerel community over here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2011
dipo+:

^^
Yeah, right. That's how simply it is. If we had gotten that second goal when we began to really pressure the totts having equalised, the score-line woulda bn 1-4.
Schezny was up to the task but too bad he conceded from 99 yards
And Cheesy has conceded 16 EPL goals already.Let in 8 vs Man.Utd.
Yet he was so up to the task he got beat by a shot from 2days earlier.
Some goalie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by codedguy1(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2011
folahann:

Difference between Arsenal and Man Utd/Chelsea. The latter don't need to be at their best to win games. As a matter of fact, they can be so poor and still bag 3points. Whereas, Arsenal can play so well and end up losing badly not to talk of when we are poor.

This team's problem is more than particular problems. Sagna too is now out for 3 months. Will now be stucked with Jenkinson. SMH

A very truthful post.

duduspace:

Na so we see am o Kay, time for Jekinson to step up or what? .

Kay-Dee:

Jenkinson aint as bad as some people's comments suggest.

It means he'll get more games now and hopefully improve.

duduspace:

Coquelin can play RB as well and if push comes to shove JD. The team just needs to hang in there till January when these players are expected to come back. For now all these boys like Ramsey have to stand up and show why the manager is backing them. The 2 I expect to be back soon TV5 and Diaby should improve the team greatly.

This is surely a pathetic team, the first team player who also has not been perfoming well suddenly gets injured and they they expect the bencher to step up. Always expecting that because they expect someone to step up he will step up. we all know what the results have been for the past 6/7 years with this strategy and they are still doing the same thing again. This is pathetic to say the least.

You still expect the ramsey that was giving away the ball in dangerous places is the one that would carry THE ARSENAL to the promise land. SMH

duduspace:

The team just needs to hang in there till January when these players are expected to come back. The 2 I expect to be back soon TV5 and Diaby should improve the team greatly.

You will be fighting relegation at that time and those 2 wont be able to do diddly squart tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2011
@ DK

There are deluded muppets found among the supporters of every club - I'm sure no one here condones that type of chanting.

That said, I'm not surprised to see that Adebayor STILL has no understanding of the offside rule despite being coached by two other coaches after leaving Arsenal. grin

Injury situation goes from bad to worse - the position with the least quality backup in the defence suffers a devastating injury.  sad

I just hope we get some bodies back after the international break - losing Sagna is big, but more important is making sure we don't lose any more and get some of the injured players back. At least we have 2 weeks to work on Jenkinson and maybe someone else to be his back up too.

This season will see many 'fair-weather' fans leave Arsenal as the going will definitely be tough before it starts getting better. Dare I say it, the season may be ending in October for Arsenal - much sooner than ever before. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by nateevs(m): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2011
At least for once, someone admits Arsenal also have fair weather fans.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2011
This season will see many 'fair-weather' fans leave Arsenal as the going will definitely be tough before it starts getting better. Dare I say it, the season may be ending in October for Arsenal - much sooner than ever before. undecided

i was of actually thinking January but October will be fine because it will do us a lot of good. if you ask me this team has nothing in depth (please let not be deceived by the panic buy by wenger) on a good day some of this player will not make the bench. the wenger that i know will pay for players who will come into arsenal 1st team bench after they must have proven themselves in cc. not straight in into the first team as we have now. guys believe me the worst is yet to come
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mystikal(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2011
This season will be a long one.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2011
@dudu,
I respect your 'faith' o, u mean ure still expecting TV5 and Diaby to change this team? as in you actually do not think that the moment TV5 returns, Per will prolly get injured?  grin grin

And yes, its the fault of the medical team. We prolly need to hire a Karate black belt trainer to teach our players how to land properly when they jump high for a ball  grin grin grin

Seriously though, we need serious deliverance. Na who we offend? Maybe the moderator should stop non-Arsenal fans from posting on our thread. Na their bad mouths dey bring tough luck on our team. Just two months into the season and we have lost Jack, TV5, Diaby, Sagna already

Fasting continues,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

weird, and insightful coming from you
dudu said we cant do a 13th. well. , . . . . . . .
going by the pattern set early and likely to continue given the unfortunate injury situation, i did the following calculation.

points to be dropped grin grin
chelsea=6
manutd=3
Liverpool=3
spurs=1 (HOPEFULLY)
stoke city=(4 hopefully)

the Odd relegation bound teams who do the usual at emirates=9

equals 25. excluding the odd draws if you are a pessimist.

we have 31x 3 =93 pts left to fight for. minus 25= 68pts

ok, for now thats top 10 grin grin grin grin grin

personally, if we dont make CL, id rather we dont make the cup too. its a waste of time and rubbish to play in, plus the number of games and the travelling and timing can only do us further harm

coded guy:

A very truthful post.

This is surely a pathetic team, the first team player who also has not been perfoming well suddenly gets injured and they they expect the bencher to step up. Always expecting that because they expect someone to step up he will step up. we all know what the results have been for the past 6/7 years with this strategy and they are still doing the same thing again. This is pathetic to say the least.

You still expect the ramsey that was giving away the ball in dangerous places is the one that would carry THE ARSENAL to the promise land. SMH

You will be fighting relegation at that time and those 2 wont be able to do diddly squart tongue

hmmn, well lets just say at times u have the insight of a tortoise grin

funny thing is i went over the highlights and spurs had a field day down the right when sagna was present too, so blaming jenkinson aint exactly fair, besides Bale has take numerous "senior players" to the cleaners to with that pace

StarBoard:

And Cheesy has conceded 16 EPL goals already.Let in 8 vs Man.Utd.
Yet he was so up to the task he got beat by a shot from 2days earlier.
Some goalie

now you are being grossly blinkered. whilst watching the match yesterday i was saying that the boy's performances have not been given credit esp because of the crappy defence in front of him. he has practically been one of the best performers this season, but like you UTd farts are given so much to the "stats" surely any credit is eroded by the sheer number of goals he has conceded.

he has had a very good season so far. do u realise how much worse it would have been with almunia in goal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2011
Almunia Watch

Regular watchers of the hilarious Manuel Almunia will be amused to note that the two goals he conceded on his West Ham debut on Saturday came from Palace's only two shots on target.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2011
4llerbuntu:

weird, and insightful coming from you
dudu said we cant do a 13th.   well. ,  . . . . . . .

All bets are off at this moment. . . .all we can say is that we HOPE things CANNOT continue to be this bad, or can they? I hope not.

In the cold light of day, the only games we can have serious complaints about losing is the Blackburn game - if we won that, would people be 'happy'? I think not. We've had a tough start, made it tougher by selling our best too late to replace properly and struggling with injuries even worse than usual.

That's what I call a perfect storm - take away any of those elements and we wouldn't be in as bad a place as we are. Not excuse making, just a cold look at the factors involved in our current predicament.

As for your points analysis - you didn't mention Man Shitty. grin

funny thing is i went over the highlights and spurs had a field day down the right when sagna was present too, so blaming jenkinson aint exactly fair, besides Bale has take numerous "senior players" to the cleaners to with that pace

This is what I was telling proudly - if we are using performances against Bale as judgement of quality then Sagna is pure rubbish too considering the way Bale did damage against us in this game and last season.

he has had a very good season so far. do u realise how much worse it would have been with almunia in goal?

I agree too - the only glaring mistake so far this season is the second goal conceded yesterday - even at that I can't criticize him, he's been the most consistent performer for us till date.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

If fans leave this season, i don't think it will be fair to call them 'fair-weather' fans.
They have been hanging on to something for the past 6 season. Fair-weather fans i think left 3 seasons ago. Sure you'll find most of them in Africa especially Nigeria. Also expecting Man shity's fan base to increase
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
Someone let me know when the storm is over, so bad now that i can't even watch our games live anymore cry. Suddenly Arsenal football club is now in the awful business of breaking young maidens hearts cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
folahann:

If fans leave this season, i don't think it will be fair to call them 'fair-weather' fans.
They have been hanging on to something for the past 6 season. Fair-weather fans i think left 3 seasons ago. Sure you'll find most of them in Africa especially Nigeria. Also expecting Man shity's fan base to increase

I'm not saying all fans that leave are fair weather fans, I said some fair weather fans will leave. Even those that have been 'waiting for 6 years' can be fair weather fans too - no club has a right to win trophies, and if waiting for 6 years is the measure then the likes of Bolton and Stoke should not even have a single fan right now.

All I'm saying is that when the going gets tough, those without the full commitment are the first to jump ship.

naijababe:

Someone let me know when the storm is over, so bad now that i can't even watch our games live anymore cry. Suddenly Arsenal football club is now in the awful business of breaking young maidens hearts cry cry cry

After all the bedroom action with mr naijababe you'r calling yourself a young maiden? cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

After all the bedroom action with mr naijababe you'r calling yourself a young maiden? cheesy cheesy

See hin fingers, how you take no say any action dey, u dey dia?. Abeg, I am a young maiden all the way cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
Trying times at Arsenal.

But this is who we are. wink

ARSENAL FC
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2011
naijababe:

See hin fingers, how you take no say any action dey, u dey dia?. Abeg, I am a young maiden all the way cool

Ok let me verify then tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
folahann:

What about Asia and North America ? Those "fair weather" fans have made Manchester Utd and Real Madrid the biggest names in football. We can continue to talk about fair and bad weather all season long while purposeful franchises do what has to be done.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
@debosky and 4ller

I'm not judging Jenkinson based on the Spurs game alone but the guy lacks basic skills of defending. Maybe I'm just being biased, I just know he doesn't fill me with confidence whenever he is playing. There's only one thing I like about him, he seems to put his all in every game he plays. But, I think he should still be in the reserves learning some basic things.

We've got one week and two home games against Sunderland and Stoke to find out how well he can deputize for Sagna.

Will Bendtner be allowed to play against us when we play Sunderland?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
4llerbuntu:

now you are being grossly blinkered. whilst watching the match yesterday i was saying that the boy's performances have not been given credit esp because of the crappy defence in front of him. he has practically been one of the best performers this season, but like you UTd farts are given so much to the "stats" surely any credit is eroded by the sheer number of goals he has conceded.

Excuse me but if I say a goalie in a supposed top 4side in England let's in goals at a rate of 2.3goals a game,would you contest the fact that he's not top draw?you must be a pillock.
by accusing a soft-pawed goalie who let's in goals on a regular basis, am I saying anything false about him? Love it or not,stats hardly lie.
So you now agree your defence is rubbish.But You folks here hailed Wenger as a genius when he signed Per and not a few people up in here felt your defensive problems were over.Dayokanu said he was too slow to defend properly,but one plonker said he'd been capped 70-ish times by Germany therefore DK was talking rubbish.Now the goals are still coming in and your first port of blame is your defense.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
I believe we all watch the same games. Only an idi0t will say Per's slow nature has had anything to do with the high number of goals we have conceded. The problems are not in the individuals that make our defense. Gibbs- Song - Per and Sagna is a formidable defensive line-up.

In yesterday's game for example, Arsenal was the better side and players like Per actually had a good outing. It will take jaw-dropping heights of idiocy to find any fault in Per's performance in the game against Tottenham
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

As for your points analysis - you didn't mention Man Shitty. grin

yeeeh don forget sef, na minus 6 be dat o
which means na 62 pts embarassed embarassed embarassed chei, na wah ooooo

that only shows that shitty have little or no ind share and are basically shyte-turd cool

StarBoard:

Excuse me but if I say a goalie in a supposed top 4side in England let's in goals at a rate of 2.3goals a game,would you contest the fact that he's not top draw?you must be a pillock.
by accusing a soft-pawed goalie who let's in goals on a regular basis, am I saying anything false about him? Love it or not,stats hardly lie.
So you now agree your defence is rubbish.But You folks here hailed Wenger as a genius when he signed Per and not a few people up in here felt your defensive problems were over.Dayokanu said he was too slow to defend properly,but one plonker said he'd been capped 70-ish times by Germany therefore DK was talking rubbish.Now the goals are still coming in and your first port of blame is your defense.

yeah, continue nitpicking, what ever rocks ur bad belle boat.

i just hope u will be this insightful and forthright when we pull up stats that show how much of pile of poo ur club/players are during this season. besides i believe the stats also show that your team has let the opposition have more shots at goal than any other. going by that we can safely say your team's midfield and defence is basically rubbish and have been living off a potent attack and luck.

does that conclusion sound logical to you? cos thats what the stats say
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
Per Merte-sack-her is not top 4 quality, simples.

D'Banj say dress how you wanna be addressed. Likewise I say if you wanna be in the top 4, but top 4 quality defenders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.