Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (86059 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
opta tells me. . . . .

szczesny has made 22 saves, conceding 14 goals in 630 league mins
david de gea has made 32 saves, conceding 5 goals in 540 league mins.

it's not rocket science - david de gea saves more points for man utd than szczesny does for arsenal!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
proudly9ja:

@debosky and 4ller

I'm not judging Jenkinson based on the Spurs game alone but the guy lacks basic skills of defending. Maybe I'm just being biased, I just know he doesn't fill me with confidence whenever he is playing. There's only one thing I like about him, he seems to put his all in every game he plays. But, I think he should still be in the reserves learning some basic things.

Then what games are you judging him by? He played two important CL games against Udinese home and away and came away with good performances. Apart from the Utd game where he suffered (who didn't?) I haven't seen him put in a bad performance.

I'm not saying he's the finished article by a long shot, but he is competent RB who needs games to improve. If Jenkinson should be in the reserves, where should Djourou be - with Junior Gooners? cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
Ibime:

Per Merte-sack-her is not top 4 quality, simples.

D'Banj say dress how you wanna be addressed. Likewise I say if you wanna be in the top 4, but top 4 quality defenders.

Erm. . . .which of the goals was Per's fault? Was he playing RB when VdV handballed the ball freely to score? Was he playing GK when Chez failed to save a straightforward ball?

As for 'top 4' defenders - I guess you're talking about the likes of Cahill who is getting violated on a weekly basis with Bolton? Or maybe Samba who was equally destroyed with Blackburn, or maybe Jagielka who Suarez nearly turned into a babbling idiot?

Top 4 my arse. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
Why didn't you mention that one when Gayyners were creaming themselves over Samba and Cahill in the summer.

I'm only here to tell you what I know from watching Bundesliga ie that Arsenal signing tower of comedy Mertesacker is the kinda thing that warms ma heart as a Chelsea fan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

Then what games are you judging him by? He played two important CL games against Udinese home and away and came away with good performances. Apart from the Utd game where he suffered (who didn't?) I haven't seen him put in a bad performance.

I'm not saying he's the finished article by a long shot, but he is competent RB who needs games to improve. If Jenkinson should be in the reserves, where should Djourou be - with Junior Gooners? cheesy cheesy
Ok, Maybe Im being unfair on the guy. Right now we don't have a choice neways but to play him.
As for Djorou, I used to be his no1 fan but I have no idea what happened (or did not happen) to the guy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

Erm. . . .which of the goals was Per's fault? Was he playing RB when VdV handballed the ball freely to score? Was he playing GK when Chez failed to save a straightforward ball?

As for 'top 4' defenders - I guess you're talking about the likes of Cahill who is getting violated on a weekly basis with Bolton? Or maybe Samba who was equally destroyed with Blackburn, or maybe Jagielka who Suarez nearly turned into a babbling ?

Top 4 my arse. tongue

this coming from you is a tad rich considering the fact that yakubu(from leicester) pissed on the whole arsenal back four. blackburn scored 4 goals against arsenal. arsenal's defence is really shyte!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
Ibime:

Why didn't you mention that one when Gayyners were creaming themselves over Samba and Cahill in the summer.

I've said so many times over - calling for signings of specific players as if they are some silver bullet is the worst form of self-deception.

Perceptive observers who should know a few things about center backs like Keown have also said the same thing - it's not about the individual players, it's how they play together.

The best that can be hoped for is a back 5 that can take on a run of games together and develop good understanding with each other. That's how defences are built/improve, not by constant chopping and changing due to injuries.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
coogar:

this coming from you is a tad rich considering the fact that yakubu(from leicester) pissed on the whole arsenal back four. blackburn scored 4 goals against arsenal. arsenal's defence is really shyte!

Yakubu only scored ONE legitimate goal in that game. One was offside, two were own goals by other Arsenal defenders, not Per. Instead of doing your usual jumping in midstream without understanding context, try reading next time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
Is the night still darkest before the dawn? Its been months since the caption of this thread was coined, but the level of darkness seems to be increasing.

That raving lunatic Dr Kit has been ranting against Cesc these last coupla years cos he didn't lead his team to trophies. In light of recent evidence, it seems Fab4 overachieved cos this same team - Fabregas looks like Liberia without George Weah, Finland without Jari Litmanen or Chad without Japhet N'Doram.

The biting angst of trophylessness even led Dr Kit to compare relative lilliputians like Modric to titans like Fab4. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

I've said so many times over - calling for signings of specific players as if they are some silver bullet is the worst form of self-deception.

it is not. cahill and samba would be a massive improvement on the dross at the emirates.

Perceptive observers who should know a few things about center backs like Keown have also said the same thing - it's not about the individual players, it's how they play together.

then martin keown is a reprobate for saying that - we are often deceived by these footballers who are mostly stark illiterates with shyte intelligence quotient. the only thing they know is to play football. statistics and tactics are beyond them. how can anyone tell me samba/cahill wouldn't improve arsenal? a cheeky bid on shawcross would go a long way in addressing the nonsense in that arsenal defence!

The best that can be hoped for is a back 5 that can take on a run of games together and develop good understanding with each other. That's how defences are built/improve, not by constant chopping and changing due to injuries.

united have taken more hits in their defence than arsenal and nothing seems to affect the way they defend. it's the mentality. fergie tells them - go out there and perform. we have seen berbatov, valencia and carrick in the defence. they won - clean sheet if i may add. why can't wenger get defenders who know what their roles are? per metresacker? in a high line defensive tactics? i cannot make it up. it's like asking yokozuna to sprint with usain bolt!

debosky:

Yakubu only scored ONE legitimate goal in that game. One was offside, two were own goals by other Arsenal defenders, not Per. Instead of doing your usual jumping in midstream without understanding context, try reading next time.

nonsense excuses!
so you mean arsenal defenders just put the ball into the net without the pressure meted by their opponents? you dish more excuses than wenger!
yakubu terrorized arsenal - won man of the match too. one was offside? duh! how did a fat yakubu manage to get his huge ass in a marginally offside position to score a goal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
coogar:

it is not. cahill and samba would be a massive improvement on the dross at the emirates.

then martin keown is a reprobate for saying that - we are often deceived by these footballers who are mostly stark illiterates with shyte intelligence quotient. the only thing they know is to play football. statistics and tactics are beyond them. how can anyone tell me samba/cahill wouldn't improve arsenal? a cheeky bid on shawcross would go a long way in addressing the nonsense in that arsenal defence!

You are a dimwit and nothing better - none of the goals came from CB issues, so the assertion is still correct - both goals were caused either by the midfield failing to close down players or by an MIA RB.

united have taken more hits in their defence than arsenal and nothing seems to affect the way they defend. it's the mentality. fergie tells them - go out there and perform. we have seen berbatov, valencia and carrick in the defence. they won - clean sheet if i may add. why can't wenger get defenders who know what their roles are? per metresacker? in a high line defensive tactics? i cannot make it up. it's like asking yokozuna to sprint with usain bolt!

Mention which goal came from Per being in a defensive high line and I'll accept - NONE of the goals Arsenal has conceded since Per started have come from a defensive high line mistake by Per.

But I know I'm wasting my time - you will come back with an equally or more egregiously idiotic response.

This is the time we start getting moronic posts flooding this thread, have your fill but don't expect responses from me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
No mind Debo. A player doesn't need to make mistakes to have a poor game. Failure to communicate and organise his defence is already a mistake. Failure to organise offside trap is a mistake. Failure to position yourself properly to cover your teammates is a mistake. Did you see how Phil Jones positioned himself when faced in a 2-on-1 situation with Leon Bennett on Saturday. The ninja placed his body between Bennet and his teammate, then as soon as Bennet decided to go on his own, Jones chased him down like a pack of Wolves and closed the shot/pass with a sliding block. Mertesacker can never do something like that. Infact just being Mertesacker is a mistake. When a defender contributes to the general jitteryness in the defence, he is a liability. Mertesack-her's feckless performance even allowed Dr Kit to come out of retirement to taunt us with his yearly eulogy of fat quadragenarian Yakubu.

Watch how Arsenal start keeping clean sheets soon as Vermaelen returns, then tell me whether khakhi and leather na the same thing. Vermaelen would keep clean sheet whether playing with Djorou, Koscielny or Mertesacker - but ask Mertesacker to keep clean sheet with Djorou or Koscielny, na wahala be that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

You are a dimwit and nothing better - none of the goals came from CB issues, so the assertion is still correct - both goals were caused either by the midfield failing to close down players or by an MIA RB.

vidic would have stopped van der vaart from scoring that first goal! it's all about awareness in the box.
hell, phil jones or chris smalling would have done better!

Mention which goal came from Per being in a defensive high line and I'll accept - NONE of the goals Arsenal has conceded since Per started have come from a defensive high line mistake by Per.

so it's only when goals come that we should discuss arsenal's lethargic defending.
did you not see the ball per left and bale closed in and missed when he should have scored? wayne rooney or chicharito would have buried that!
what is so worrying about arsenal is that spurs didn't even play well last night and they won. spurs played better on the day they lost 5-1 to man city - which shows how far off the top teams arsenal are!

But I know I'm wasting my time - you will come back with an equally or more egregiously idiotic response.

you are a reprobate!
it seems you don't even have the nous to fully understand what's going on with your club. arsenal's gd is in the negative.
your team is 15th on the table with 7 games gone.

This is the time we start getting moronic posts flooding this thread, have your fill but don't expect responses from me.

too defeatist for my liking!
if your facts are watertight, you won't back off like a slut confronted by an alien!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
Ibime:

No mind Debo. A player doesn't need to make mistakes to have a poor game. Failure to communicate and organise his defence is already a mistake. Failure to organise offside trap is a mistake. Failure to position yourself properly to cover your teammates is a mistake. Did you see how Phil Jones positioned himself when faced in a 2-on-1 situation with Leon Bennett on Saturday. The ninja placed his body between Bennet and his teammate, then as soon as Bennet decided to go on his own, Jones chased him down like a pack of Wolves and closed the shot/pass with a sliding block. Mertesacker can never do something like that. Infact just being Mertesacker is a mistake. When a defender contributes to the general jitteryness in the defence, he is a liability. Mertesack-her's feckless performance even allowed Dr Kit to come out of retirement to taunt us with his yearly eulogy of fat quadragenarian Yakubu.

Watch how Arsenal start keeping clean sheets soon as Vermaelen returns, then tell me whether khakhi and leather na the same thing. Vermaelen would keep clean sheet whether playing with Djorou, Koscielny or Mertesacker - but ask Mertesacker to keep clean sheet with Djorou or Koscielny, na wahala be that.

^^^

I reckon that Verm came back briefly and we still lost games
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
dipo+:

[size=18pt]In yesterday's game for example, Arsenal was the better side [/size] and players like Per actually had a good outing. It will take jaw-dropping heights of idiocy to find any fault in Per's performance in the game against Tottenham

Arsenal was the better side?

How many saves did friedel make compared to Sczezny?

I already analysed it that if all chances were scored the scoreline would have been 8-2.

Sczezny made at least 5 one on one point blank saves while I cant remember friedel making any top draw save
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
Ibime:

Where was Phil Jones when Utd conceded 3 goals in the CL against a useless Basel team?

Mumu.

Keep bringing out selective rubbish to prove nothing.

The only reason Utd did not concede against Norwich was because of their useless forwards - if they had Titus Bramble upfront in their team they would have scored twice. grin

Id[i]i[/i]ot of id[i]i[/i]ots - who was in defence when Arsenal kept clean sheets against Swansea and Bolton? Was it your fat head or was it Mertesacker? cheesy

PS - this same Swansea scored twice against the impregnable defence Shawcross plays for, the Shawcross that muppet coogar said is better than the Arsenal defenders, the same Shawcross that was decimated by a struggling Sunderland a few weeks ago. cheesy

More confirmation of the sheer idiocy we'll have to endure for weeks - I don't blame y'all, I blame the team for losing and giving you room to talk your usual senseless nonsense.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

Where was Phil Jones when Utd conceded 3 goals in the CL against a useless Basel team?

Mumu.

Keep bringing out selective rubbish to prove nothing.

The only reason Utd did not concede against Norwich was because of their useless forwards - if they had Titus Bramble upfront in their team they would have scored twice. grin

Deborah,

Are you saying Arsenal has faced sharper strikers was the reason for your loss?

Watching the Swansea game, Anyone would tell you that with better attackers Swansea would have pulled a draw.

Heck the only goal you scored was off a gift to Arshavin

The other win was against 10man Bolton.

Then Blackburn's only win this season was against Arsenal, Infact the only reason Kean hasnt been sacked was because he beat the whipping boys Arsenal. In simple terms Blackburn had 4 points 3 of those points were against Arsenal.

How is the Per Mertersacker experiment going?

FYI, Werder bremen is now second on the Bundesliga table after they offloaded Per disaster Mertersacker
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
debosky:

PS - this same Swansea scored twice against the impregnable defence Shawcross plays for, the Shawcross that muppet coogar said is better than the Arsenal defenders, the same Shawcross that was decimated by a struggling Sunderland a few weeks ago. cheesy

swansea scored against shawcross my arse. arsenal were at home when they played swansea. i am fazed you can even bring that game up.
a game arsenal only won with a vorm error. totally against the run of play. the sunderland game also came at the back of stoke going to ukraine in the midweek to play europa league. they were spent even before the ball is kicked. however, they have a remarkable record at home - wenger would tell you about them.

More confirmation of the sheer idiocy we'll have to endure for weeks - I don't blame y'all, I blame the team for losing and giving you room to talk your usual senseless nonsense.

if you don't think shawcross, cahill and samba are better than all centre-halves @ arsenal bar vermaelen then your brain needs to be bleached!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 7:01am On Oct 04, 2011
First of all, shame on those fans who made the Adebayor chants yesterday, I'm sure there is some way the media will still make Arsene responsible for what some silly fans did in the terraces. I'm all for banter but there are lines I dont believe people should cross.

Secondly, I mentioned last season that there has always been a tendency with this team to do just enough to get by, there has always been an attitude of doing one's bit and leaving others to do theirs and the players don't cover for each other. I think that has made a lot of players who aren't naturally self motivating a bit more lazy and I'm talking about the players who lose concentration easily or don't respond to the emergence of danger often enough once they feel they've done their bit. Some of those players have left but some remain while some new ones are being added into the mix. I mean the likes of Clichy, JD, Arshavin and now Ramsey, some of Gerv's actions on Sunday gave me concern but for now I'll put it down to possibly fitness, he could have done a lot more to close down Walker higher up even though not one Arsenal player believed Szczesny wouldn't catch that ball possibly.

Atimes these things occur due to fatigue but the current regularity of it is why we are in this malaise. I believe Arsenal and Barcelona are set up to play in the same way, possession based football involving every player on the pitch, I watched Barcelona against Valencia and on the day they looked a lot like Arsenal so unsure at the back, its a kind of pattern that needs good ball players and good communication at all times, it is in the communication we are lacking and that is why slating Per is very premature and could come back to bite some people.

I'll take the first goal yesterday as an example, the goal came about just because VdV drifted infield to the other wing and his progress across the pitch was not properly tracked and communicated as he moved infield cos he played most of the game up against Gibbs, Sagna was so far up the pitch and didnt recover quickly enough because he probably thought he was still marking Bale. When you change players in a team that plays such an expansive game, you pay for it and you pay more when you don't have enough quality to spare your blushes atimes like when you just have a Henry/CR9/Messi type player who just pulls something out of the hat to get you a win or a draw. RVP does his best but unfortunately for now, it just isn't good enough.

If the system is repeatedly failing as its done so far this season, then individuals have to step up and take responsibility while systemic issues are sorted, that is unfortunately what I've not seen this season and why I'll be on the back of people like Ramsey and Djorou. There are games where skills and systems fail and where mental strenght and a strong spirit or just basic hustle helps you through and more importantly you should not be adding to the problems of your team mates by not being at your best or just being content doing your bit at a time like this.

At present, we have to accept we are not direct competitors against the top sides though IMO the chasm is not as wide as some results and media talk would suggest, this 'new' team has to find their confidence and belief from somewhere first after such a poor start (PL or UCL) so it is important to beat those we know that we can beat i.e the lower sides, most of our matches against the top 4 sides in the 2nd half of the season are at home and hopefully we can make that count when we find some confidence and possibly with the return of top players absent through injury. We all have different opinions over players but I'm sure Diaby would not lose the ball as much as Ramsey did on Saturday and his off the ball work is a lot better. I'm looking forward to a MF of Diaby/Arteta/Song sometime after the International break.

For now, we must make sure we beat the weaker teams either home or away to stay close to the top 4 and get through to January, depending on LANS and activity in the January window we should be a lot better than we are now. I'm hoping we turn this around quickly enough to avoid needing another Lasagna episode on the last day to make the top 4. For now, winning the PL would require a miracle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2011
We have to give credit to who credit is due. RvP did great in that game on Sunday and looked more likely to score than any player on the pitch. I couldn't have asked for more from him. Same cannot be said of his fellow Arsenal attackers. Walcott for me should be dropped from the first team if he won't stick to the wings . He is far too inconsistent and technically deficient to play central. I know how much havoc his speed can wreck on opposition from the wings but it appears he always finds a way to move into the center where he is useless.
So far, it is only RvP who is clinical enough to play central and that for us is very dangerous cos RvP isn't expected to go injury free a whole season.
With RvP, Song, Arteta, a decent defense and a good Goalie, we are near bottom of the table.
That's big cause for alarm.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by nateevs(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2011
It's amazing Dudu still thinks Arsenal can make top four.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by kaypumpin2(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2011
nateevs:

He's not alone in that.I believe so too. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2011
nateevs:

You amaze me more. We are in Oct and you think you know the top 4 already.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by kaypumpin2(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^

You know what would have happened IF we are leading the league right now?Better believe,all and sundry will be saying the title is not won in October.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by webprince(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2011
Arsenal reportedly lining up bid for Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila in January
Arsenal will make another move for Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila in the January transfer window after failing with its bid to capture him in August.

Arsene Wenger has identified the France international as his key target and has accelerated plans to bring the midfield anchorman to the Emirates Stadium after receiving the news last week that Jack Wilshere will be on the sidelines for five months. Arsenal are prepared to shatter their transfer record to land M’Vila by bidding in excess of 29 million euros for the 21-year-old. The Gunners were named by Rennes coach Frederic Antonetti as one of four Champions League clubs to make offers of “around 30 million euros” for the player in August.

Arsenal’s scouting team have continued to keep close tabs on the player, who has started all nine of Rennes’ Ligue 1 matches this season and is set to add to his 13 international caps when France takes on Albania on Friday and Bosnia-Herzegovina four days later in Euro 2012 qualifiers. M’Vila is contracted to Rennes until 2015 but Arsenal believes there is a strong will on the player’s behalf to follow what is a well-trodden path from Ligue 1 to north London. The French club was unwilling to sell the midfield enforcer in the final days of the August window because it had no time to find an adequate replacement.

Wenger will rotate Mikel Arteta, Alex Song and Aaron Ramsey with rookies Emmanuel Frimpong and Francis Coquelin in the three central midfield berths between now and January. But Wenger is privately concerned about how much of an impact Wilshere will have this season as the manager attempts to end the club’s six-year trophy drought.

Even if Wilshere’s recovery from ankle surgery last week goes smoothly and it corresponds to the 22-week schedule mapped out by the club’s medical department, by the time the teenager returns to the team in late February or early March, he will have been out for seven months in total.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2011
38-7=31 ok I still know maths.
31 more games to go. Only that Arsenal are usually above the position they now at this stage of the season.

Maybe we doing a Man utd this time round- start the season poorly and end it strongly.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2011
kay_pumpin:

^^^^
You know what would have happened IF we are leading the league right now?Better believe,all and sundry will be saying the title is not won in October.

and that would be justified! arsenal have no such precedence!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
Mr Opta (coogar) at this rate, you will quote opta for how many times u were in the sack with your wife.

keep quoting convenient stats, i see u purposely omit the ones that belie your point.

duduspace:

Secondly, I mentioned last season that there has always been a tendency with this team to do just enough to get by, there has always been an attitude of doing one's bit and leaving others to do theirs and the players don't cover for each other. I think that has made a lot of players who aren't naturally self motivating a bit more lazy and I'm talking about the players who lose concentration easily or don't respond to the emergence of danger often enough once they feel they've done their bit. Some of those players have left but some remain while some new ones are being added into the mix. I mean the likes of Clichy, JD, Arshavin and now Ramsey, some of Gerv's actions on Sunday gave me concern but for now I'll put it down to possibly fitness, he could have done a lot more to close down Walker higher up even though not one Arsenal player believed Szczesny wouldn't catch that ball possibly.

dude, i always find it weird when you come up with statements like the above. summarise it for yourself in one word, or synonyms of that word.

laziness; indolence;indiscipline; lackadaisical attitude; . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i know we prolly didnt spell it out so explicitly, but some of us were complaining about indiscipline etc, why then were you arguing so vehemently?
if you can detect the above in the team, how come those in charge cannot? and on whose table(s) does the buck stop?

or have you joined the association of transformer huggers who are always bellyaching? has your football knowledge also deserted you? i ask cos thats what you folks said when we said practically what you said above!

duduspace:

If the system is repeatedly failing as its done so far this season, then individuals have to step up and take responsibility while systemic issues are sorted, that is unfortunately what I've not seen this season and why I'll be on the back of people like Ramsey and Djorou. There are games where skills and systems fail and where mental strenght and a strong spirit or just basic hustle helps you through and more importantly you should not be adding to the problems of your team mates by not being at your best or just being content doing your bit at a time like this.

NOBODY, does the "extra" out of simple inventive thought. students of psychology will tell you that every person needs a reason to give extra, no matter how mundane. how many employees will shed a drop of extra sweat for an employer/superior they have no motivation to do so for?

despite being labelled a hero worshipper, i would like to recant again, in todays football it takes a special breed of coach (fill in your choice name) to get[b] average[/b] footballers to give extra and sacrifice for the team and ultimately the coach. since we started majoring in average players, we have gone down steadily.

argument could be made that when it was rosy, we had average too, but we didnt have MAJORITY average then and truth be told, they were not way average compared to the rest of the league, they made the league 11 easily

its a different thing when all u have is 11 world class players in a team.

gone are those days at arsenal. the buck stops where

duduspace:

We all have different opinions over players but I'm sure Diaby would not lose the ball as much as Ramsey did on Saturday and his off the ball work is a lot better. I'm looking forward to a MF of Diaby/Arteta/Song sometime after the International break.

story story. tell it to the marines. better bring out your archives of diabolical's games for arsenal and take a look again. diaby and losing possession are synonyms. there is a reason he was named diabolical and it wasn't cos of own goals or bad goalkeeping

dont understand what u see in all this crap players sef.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
Dear Arsenal,

PLEASE STOP LOSING.

Signed,

Very veeeery concerned fan undecided

Why una dey follow this moomoos argue for this kain season na, it cant be won.

Dudu abeg free that song nonsense, that particular chant was created by Totoyam fans! They had no problems with it then, why should we? Anyways it's not their fault, na the team dey create this koboko for all of us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
slimshay:

Dudu abeg free that song nonsense, that particular chant was created by Totoyam fans! They had no problems with it then, why should we? Anyways it's not their fault, na the team dey create this koboko for all of us.

Slim, those chants about Angola were slam out of order. I don't even mind much the abuse about his father and mum as they don't even know them anyway but an event where people died should be off limits. Those people should be ashamed of themselves, I'll be very glad if examples are made of some people.

@4ller

What you need to understand is that Arsene is mostly building rather than buying, of course there are times when yu just have to cut your losses but yu've got to give some of these young ones time to realise their full potential. There is a lot good about Ramsey's game and don't forget this is a 20 year old just a year after a traumatic event of a broken leg. The important thing was that we should have kept both Nasri and Cesc or at least 1 but unfortunately not everything is in one's hands. That is critically where the boat got delayed this year, I'm still hoping seriously that we haven't missed it and that Arsene still does it somehow
If my statement needs clarifying, I never implied there is indiscipline in Arsenal's squad, just personal foibles of players being greatly magnified by a depleted squad which prevent such players from being benched until they get themselves sorted.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
hmmn, what is really weird about this season is it could all go tits up for this nuccas coming to air their smelly mouths here.

UTD next set of matches are liverpool at anfield and Citeh. by the end of that run quite possibly the myth of the new "barca beating" Utd attack could have well been dispelled.

this time last year the press was lining up to give the trophy to the chavs.
all u opta guys should post the league table this time last year, chelsea was scoring for fun. Utd was drawing games like it was the vogue thing to do.

we all know how it ended. there is a long way to go. KEEP THE FAITH GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
I do not support it to be honest. Same as the paedo chant, even worse cos in this one people actually lost their lives. Im just pissed because hypocrisy is the order of the day here. THEY CREATED THE CHANT and that is A FACT!

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.