Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (86457 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
edoyad:

It seems even the hostile elements are being a little bit friendly with our cause this time around. There's no where in the FIFA constitution where hostility and belligerence are stated as requirements for being a good fan.
So i urge all opposition fans to feel welcome here and contribute constructively to Arsenal's case. grin grin grin

SHUT YOUR ROTTEN MOUTH!!!!

Havent you taken advise and kill yourself yet?

Your team is now the object of pity. Even everyone now pities you including your enemies what a disgrace
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
dayokanu:

SHOUT YOUR ROTTEN MOUTH!!!!

What a pity. . . .more confirmation that donkeys aren't too intelligent.

As I said previously, stick to heehaw heehaw heehaw. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
And can you spit out edoyads diccck out of your mouth?

You said something about you and your mate,

Have they legalized civil unions wherever you are?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2011
Again you aren't too intelligent cheesy

Mate means friend in local parlance - sorry I can't speak Donkeynese for your benefit. grin grin

Moderakina feel free to delete the past few posts as they are offtopic. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2011
Donkey, it's obvious your case is hopeless. But as for the rest of sane "humans" in the NL sports section, we will continue to carry out our business in a civilised manner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2011
Arsenal do not need UCL to survive says Gazidis.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/conversation?id=966423&cc=5739

Extra cash never hurt anyone though, we can use it to setup a trust fund for a cranial surgical procedure for DK.   tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
Arsenal don't need the cash (right now), but Arsenal needs to be in the UCL to survive at the moment.

Fans are so disgruntled that if we don't qualify for the CL next season (and don't win any trophies) things are going to be quite dire at the Emirates.

Without the CL, knowing we can't pay the best wages, we lose any remaining attraction we had for top quality players - no top quality players means poorer results and it becomes a downward spiral.

I hope the board and co know what they are doing - with the highest ticket prices in England and the economic difficulties, failure to produce CL football as a minimum will have serious consequences.

To get an insight, the Sunderland game on the 16th is the third home game in a row (after Bolton and Olympiacos) to go on general sale - this is almost unheard of at this stage of the season.

Forget all this external talk and let's tell ourselves the truth - if we don't have a MASSIVE improvement over the rest of the season to give fans a reason to believe in this club (or some drastic changes) then the next season's attendance is seriously under threat.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
So whats the attraction to prospective players to play for your club if you are not in the CL

Unless you can pay the wages of the likes of PSG, Malaga and man City
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
buroda ile okan, MYOB. grin grin grin

e sho igba yin joor

go ur burnthisleaguearrrgh thread go ruminate joor.

@ attendance and CL. ehn i m not in any way concerned. what they (owner/board) have sown they will reap.

be not surprised that if that happens, we will end up in a sugar daddy episode for like 2 years as much as it will pain dudu tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2011
Debo, that one is for the board to worry about jare, I'm not sure they really mean all these statements or maybe they just want to relieve the pressure on Arsene and put the buck squarely where I've known it to always be, the board.

When Liverpool descended to Europa, their fans didn't go anywhere and they are the ones being touted to overtake us now, its the ribbing from other fans that might be difficult to accept. Attendances will pick up when results pick up anyway they can always sell RVP to make up the shortfall or take the leveraging route as well if push comes to shove or even opt for a rights issue for capital injection. I'm sure that would make Usmanov's day as with all the noise people are making he is still moping up shares like a dyson.

Arsenal is run as a business, a well run one. That is the simple and bitter truth, I think even the press is realising that. I expected more anti Wenger rhetoric after the defeat to Spurs but the deluge I expected is yet to materialise, maybe people are finally smelling the coffee.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olabukola: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2011
Van Paerse injured, out for 3 weeks for the moment. More update later.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
duduspace:

Debo, that one is for the board to worry about jare, I'm not sure they really mean all these statements or maybe they just want to relieve the pressure on Arsene and put the buck squarely where I've known it to always be, the board.

When Liverpool descended to Europa, their fans didn't go anywhere and they are the ones being touted to overtake us now, its the ribbing from other fans that might be difficult to accept. Attendances will pick up when results pick up anyway they can always sell RVP to make up the shortfall or take the leveraging route as well if push comes to shove or even opt for a rights issue for capital injection. I'm sure that would make Usmanov's day as with all the noise people are making he is still moping up shares like a dyson.
Arsenal is run as a business, a well run one. That is the simple and bitter truth, I think even the press is realising that. I expected more anti Wenger rhetoric after the defeat to Spurs but the deluge I expected is yet to materialise, maybe people are finally smelling the coffee.

Probably everyone is tired of ribbing Arsenal? Check on this forum How many people bothered with ribbing Arsenal? Losing has become a norm for them now I mean 4 losses out of 7, The papers must have run out of stories to say about ARsenal

Actually most of your enemies pity you now, Cos they are thinking How low can it get again.

I am sure in the 80's , Ppl would be ribbing Notthingham Forest and Aston Villa when they started declining. In the 1990s nobody even bothered about them again

In 2005-2010 Arsenal losing was news, Nowadays Its the norm rather than the exception
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
duduspace:

It is foolish talk at this point in time - it is virtually an admission that the board think we won't make it to the CL. If the board has given up, why should we keep faith?

What are you on about? In the days before Hodgson's sack, the attendance dropped massively (against Wolves for one) - the board had no choice but to sack him and bring in Dalglish AND spend money to get the fans onside again.

That is what will be needed if fans get really disillusioned - either someone gets fired or a massive injection of capital to the playing side, or both.

If you believe selling RVP will 'make up a shortfall' then you are imagining things - losing RVP means even worse performance upfront and even further diminishing of fan interest as yet another 'star' player leaves.

How did Liverpool get touted to overtake us? Is it not by spending? Somehow you think we'll drop out of the UCL, not spend or sack Wenger and STILL have fans supporting in their numbers? You need a reality check.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

It is foolish talk at this point in time - it is virtually an admission that the board think we won't make it to the CL. If the board has given up, why should we keep faith?

What are you on about? In the days before Hodgson's sack, the attendance dropped massively (against Wolves for one) - the board had no choice but to sack him and bring in Dalglish AND spend money to get the fans onside again.

That is what will be needed if fans get really disillusioned - either someone gets fired or a massive injection of capital to the playing side, or both.

If you believe selling RVP will 'make up a shortfall' then you are imagining things - losing RVP means even worse performance upfront and even further diminishing of fan interest as yet another 'star' player leaves.

How did Liverpool get touted to overtake us? Is it not by spending? Somehow you think we'll drop out of the UCL, not spend or sack Wenger and STILL have fans supporting in their numbers? You need a reality check.

Before it gets that dire, the board will do the needful,  the size of the shortfall will determine what the response will be as the club has chosen to remain conservative and not take risks. Whether its selling players, doing a rights issue, selling out to Usmanov or whatever it will take, they will do it before they get hit in the pocket. Kroenke has to pay back the loans he took to buy the club and he can't leverage it on the club cos he needs 75% to do that which he doesn't have. There must be an end to all this and it has to come soon.

It is their project and they have to deliver.  I also can't imagine Arsene staying on if Arsenal don't make top 4 and offer no consolation in terms of a trophy to calm seriously frayed nerves, I honestly can't imagine it, the board would have to do something extraordinary to convince him to stay after that. January is critical in the history of this club. I just pray it turns out right. We're close to rock bottom but I'm not sure we've hit it yet. I think missing out on a UCL place might be the final straw.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olabukola: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
duduspace:

Before it gets that dire, the board will do the needful,  the size of the shortfall will determine what the response will be as the club has chosen to remain conservative and not take risks. Whether its selling players, doing a rights issue, selling out to Usmanov or whatever it will take, they will do it before they get hit in the pocket. Kroenke has to pay back the loans he took to buy the club and he can't leverage it on the club cos he needs 75% to do that which he doesn't have. There must be an end to all this and it has to come soon.

It is their project and they have to deliver.  I also can't imagine Arsene staying on if Arsenal don't make top 4 and offer no consolation in terms of a trophy to calm seriously frayed nerves, I honestly can't imagine it, the board would have to do something extraordinary to convince him to stay after that. January is critical in the history of this club. I just pray it turns out right. We're close to rock bottom but I'm not sure we've hit it yet. I think missing out on a UCL place might be.
Aww your CRITICAL comes b4 United's. I never know i will read this from you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
olabukola:

Aww your CRITICAL comes b4 United's. I never know i will read this from you.

United is past critical, hence why they are already opting for a rights issue without missing out on UCL participation.  grin grin
Whatever happens, Arsenal is on a sound financial footing and can easily do without a season in the UCL I can assure you.
The day Manure miss out on a UCL finish is the beginning of their end, the financial plan is built on a cashflow guaranteed only by continual success.
Woe betide Manure if they ever go 2 season trophyless.
The sporting side and the business side of a club are almost completely separate entities.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2011
4ller, DK is being nice naa, why are you provoking him?  angry

dayokanu:

So whats the attraction to prospective players to play for your club if you are not in the CL

Unless you can pay the wages of the likes of PSG, Malaga and man City

Haba DK, he didn't say he expects us to always be out of it naa? are we the only ones with a divine right to always go to UCL?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Probably everyone is tired of ribbing Arsenal? Check on this forum How many people bothered with ribbing Arsenal? Losing has become a norm for them now I mean 4 losses out of 7, The papers must have run out of stories to say about ARsenal

Actually most of your enemies pity you now, Cos they are thinking How low can it get again.

I am sure in the 80's , Ppl would be ribbing Notthingham Forest and Aston Villa when they started declining. In the 1990s nobody even bothered about them again

In 2005-2010 Arsenal losing was news, Nowadays Its the norm rather than the exception

arsenal are a very useless club. this is a club with one of the poorest commercial revenue in europe even when they made it to the champions league on the regular, but now their idiotic director is saying they don't need the champions league to survive? i laugh in boko haram. the man must be high on weed!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by kenkruse: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2011
duduspace:

United is past critical, hence why they are already opting for a rights issue without missing out on UCL participation.  grin grin
Whatever happens, Arsenal is on a sound financial footing and can easily do without a season in the UCL I can assure you.
The day Manure miss out on a UCL finish is the beginning of their end, the financial plan is built on a cashflow guaranteed only by continual success.
Woe betide Manure if they ever go 2 season trophyless.
The sporting side and the business side of a club are almost completely separate entities.

I always enjoy your indept analysis of events in this forum. Most of us visit the site just to read from you. keep up the good work and never be deterred by the likes of Dayokano and olabukola. Myself is a registered Arsenal fan and communicate with players and staff via twitter. AFC has come to stay. Not even relegation will reduce its fanbase to the likes of spurs, Aston villa worldwide. Its not by magic that snopdogg is a fan of AFC and sharing his royalty in Uk now.  Been long i read from HNIC. He's also good. Debosky keep the spirit high, proudly too. You guys are da bomb.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
kenkruse:

I always enjoy your indept analysis of events in this forum. Most of us visit the site just to read from you. keep up the good work and never be deterred by the likes of Dayokano and olabukola. Myself is a registered Arsenal fan and communicate with players and staff via twitter. AFC has come to stay. Not even relegation will reduce its fanbase to the likes of spurs, Aston villa worldwide. Its not by magic that snopdogg is a fan of AFC and sharing his royalty in Uk now.  Been long i read from HNIC. He's also good. Debosky keep the spirit high, proudly too. You guys are da bomb.

so because calvin broadus is a fan of arsenal means what? grin cheesy grin
debosky, you need to put a halt to this global muppetry!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
kenkruse:

Keep deceiving yourself.

Do you know what the fanbase of Notthingham Forest was like in 1980's? Do a comparison of fanbase Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal in 1981 and do in 2001

Where were the Ajax fans of mid 90's? Where are the Juventus fans of old? .

Even in the 1990's how many of you were Arsenal fans? In the early 2000 how many ppl were Chelsea fans? in 2002 The guy who said  he was a Chelsea fan was thought to be a troll

When I was in University, In the early 2000's in a full Fajuyi Hall TV room, There was usually no more than 4 barcelona fans. I used to support them when the Madrid fans descend on them , Nowadays barca Fans can fill the whole of Lagos State

The truth and plain truth is this : Success attract fans.

Continue in your losing streak and more fans would come, A lot of Arsenal fans have already starting shifting to Barcelona and Man City
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Dudu actually believes DK can be nice!!! jeeezus grin grin tongue tongue tongue

Oluwa, mu waa kuro l'aginju.
mu waa lo si afin, ki aiye waa ko maa dara!!!!!

sing that song every morning for the soul of AFC. oversabi and overcalcu don spoil show ooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2011
4llerbuntu:

Dudu actually believes DK can be nice!!! jeeezus grin grin tongue tongue tongue

Oluwa, mu waa kuro l'aginju.
mu waa lo si afin, ki aiye waa ko maa dara!!!!!

sing that song every morning for the soul of AFC. oversabi and overcalcu don spoil show ooo

grin grin

E don reach to dey pray this kind prayer for Arsenal grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2011
coogar:

arsenal are a very useless club. this is a club with one of the poorest commercial revenue in europe even when they made it to the champions league on the regular, but now their idiotic director is saying they don't need the champions league to survive? i laugh in boko haram. the man must be high on weed!

What Ivan is saying is that the cash reserves of the club are more than the £26m we made from the CL last season, hence we won't need to sell players or cut costs dramatically to cope with the loss of that revenue. That is factually correct, but not beneficial in terms of inspiring supporters.

I would've been pleased if he said we are determined to make the CL, not for the revenue it brings as we can live without it, but because we believe a club of our status should be competing at the highest level in Europe.

The CEO's comments are completely separate issue from commercial revenue which is (slowly) growing and with a lot of potential to increase especially when deals are up for renewal in 2014.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
debosky:

What Ivan is saying is that the cash reserves of the club are more than the £26m we made from the CL last season, hence we won't need to sell players or cut costs dramatically to cope with the loss of that revenue. That is factually correct, but not beneficial in terms of inspiring supporters.

ivan should be sacked! if this man was a board of director in the club i support, i would be sending him a nasty email for heresy!
so these idiotic board of directors are relying on arsenal's turnover that were d[i]o[/i]ped up in the previous season. na every year una go dey sell flats at highbury? i laugh in boko haram!

I would've been pleased if he said we are determined to make the CL, not for the revenue it brings as we can live without it, but because we believe a club of our status should be competing at the highest level in Europe.

na so craze dey start - what do you expect?
this is the way to discern success-hungry board and the ones who are just there for the immediate financial gain!

The CEO's comments are completely separate issue from commercial revenue which is (slowly) growing and with a lot of potential to increase especially when deals are up for renewal in 2014.

haha! how would it grow if arsenal don't feature in the champions league(the best football competition in the world atm)?
in a habitat where man utd busted £103m in commercial revenue and are still saying they are just starting. . . .and their rival is satisfied with scraping the barrel is a bit hilarious! in wenger y'all trust! i would be here when arsenal relegate!!! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
OX just scored for England U21s against Iceland, live on ESPN.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
OX gets his second grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^ Didnt I tell you that by the end of this season Walcott should consider retirement
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Didnt I tell you that by the end of this season Walcott should consider retirement

The boy na quality, it was critical for us that Manure didn't get him. Quality all over. What I find most interesting is that he looks like the type who can sustain a certain level of performance most of the time just like Wilshere. His off days won't be many.
If Manure got him and Phil Jones, that would have been another era of domination in the making. A new and young spine is already emerging for England, I hope these ones don't go the way of the golden generation.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
I watched him vs Israel and in 45mins did more than most on the field.

England also has one black boy who strikes I think he plays for Watford.

He has good movements and scored a nice goal vs Israel

Found his name Marvin Sordell

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/za29OmrxEMg[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2011
Some mid-level PL club should be taking a gamble on Sordell soon, he needs a break. I've not followed him but that was a sweet hit and his stats aren't bad at all for a player of that age in the championship particularly if a good number of his goals are like that. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2011
DK will u shattap?! You were here telling us he was a waste of money. You think everybody suffers from amnesia like you? tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.