Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party (15525 Views)

PEPT Steps Down Obi, LP Petition Over inconsistencies / Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Banks In South-East Comply With IPOB Directive, Bring Down Nigerian Flags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by TYCO77: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
CoronaVirusRelo:
grin grin grin grin

Ever since Soludo dropped that nuclear bomb on Obidient`s, they have been very quiet on this forum .

I duff my hat for Soludo!

That write-up was a masterpiece that history will never forget!

I wont mind buying the real hard copy of that write-up. It needs to be picture framed and Egyptian pyramid built over it!

Damn! Just one shot and Obidients have been gentle in last 24 hours

History will never forget!

Any dissent is tagged a saboteur or, in my case, it could be that I want to contest for president after office or that I am envious of Peter Obi. Soludo envious of Peter Obi? Totally laughable! But this is the same person I was asking to return to APGA in March 2022 and contest for president and yet envious or doesn’t want him to be president. This is madness!

The above bold statement was culled from Prof. Soludo's statement in his response to Obedients. It baffles me how Prof. Soludo could ask a man he alleged to have dragged Anambarians to poverty, whose investments in the state worths nothing; same man you beckoned to defect to your party-APGA and contest for president. This indeed is real madness and hypocrisy. Soludo should stop distracting himself and focus on the responsibility imposed on him by Anambarians when they voted for his party in the last state gubernatorial election. Anything short of this is disservice to his people.
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Jemex003: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2022
admax:
It seems Obi is the candidate to beat in the 2023 Presidential Election; everyone, APC, PDP, APGA are all attacking him!

If they claim Obi can't win and has no structure, why not ignore him? Lol

If we don’t attack LP Obi online will be boring and we won’t be able to hold your words.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by TYCO77: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2022
[color=#000099][/color][quote author=JomiTech post=118405711][/quote]

Any dissent is tagged a saboteur or, in my case, it could be that I want to contest for president after office or that I am envious of Peter Obi. Soludo envious of Peter Obi? Totally laughable! But this is the same person I was asking to return to APGA in March 2022 and contest for president and yet envious or doesn’t want him to be president. This is madness!

The above bold statement was culled from Prof. Soludo's statement in his response to Obedients. It baffles me how Prof. Soludo could ask a man he alleged to have dragged Anambarians to poverty, whose investments in the state worths nothing; same man you beckoned to defect to your party-APGA and contest for president. This indeed is real madness and hypocrisy. Soludo should stop distracting himself and focus on the responsibility imposed on him by Anambarians when they voted for his party in the last state gubernatorial election. Anything short of this is disservice to his people.
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Starpro87(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2022
adioolayi:
I see lots of sense in what Governor Soludo wrote.. especially as it bothers on Igbo and the Nigeria's politics. Any region that wants to rule this country, in as much as we are using this bicameral system of government....will have to unite at their base first, then seek alliance with other regions. That's how it can work.

But, I hate the fact he said Peter Obi cannot win...that's a low one for me...Peter Obi is his kinsman.. irrespective of their political differences..

He is trying to stay on the track of a moving train...his statement on Peter Obi's chances mask the sense in his writeup.

He was trying to sabotage his own brother..

It's a very sad development

But Obi is not contesting for the Igbos nah.
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Jemex003: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2022
Oluwatoyink:
Peter obi will win next years election with a wide margin.

I see him getting over 90% of the votes in all the states.

He is the most popular candidate

He has both online and offline structures in all the 774 local governments

All the pictures of APC and PDP supporters we see are paid crowd.

This bingo will not kill himself

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Batallion23: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2022
You mean to say other parties are returning the attack and the heat is so much you don't know what to say again
admax:
It seems Obi is the candidate to beat in the 2023 Presidential Election; everyone, APC, PDP, APGA are all attacking him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by TYCO77: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
inoki247:
Anybody telling dem what dey don't want to hear is been paid....

if this people enter if the masses talk sef dem go say dey are been sponsored.....

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by TYCO77: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Chinonye2022:
Soludo is now there enemy

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by TYCO77: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Opinedecandid:
Ridiculous.

'Obidients' are so unbelievably funny.
So anyone that is bold enough to demystify Peter, son of Obinna is being sponsored

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by damkin24(m): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Nightwolf1:
The stupid man has failed to realise that he was elected to govern Anambra state and give Anambra people dividend of democracy not his silly tantrums in a bid to discredit a man that left Anambra state politics over 12 years ago.
But you Obingos still drag Tinubu to Lagos state after how many years he left office
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by slivertongue: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2022
admax:

I concur. Soludo sounded like someone with personal issues to settle. If Obi is not a good Igbo candidate why not focus on APGA candidate who is also Igbo. His piece didn't connect the dots.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by itsene: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Most of Obi's supporters are swith- over endSars criminals,jailbreakers and assorted anarchists

Nothing but abuse and insults from them.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by maestroferddi: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Ebi2233:
Obi is a liar and it is making Soludo look like a bad leader
You have said it...

Soludo has made himself become a terrible governor...
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by annyz: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2022
Idiot
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by damkin24(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2022
admax:

The same way you can't ignore Tinubu that you brags about that he doesn't stand a chance

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by slivertongue: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2022
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

The above bold statement was culled from Prof. Soludo's statement in his response to Obedients. It baffles me how Prof. Soludo could ask a man he alleged to have dragged Anambarians to poverty, whose investments in the state worths nothing; same man you beckoned to defect to your party-APGA and contest for president. This indeed is real madness and hypocrisy . Soludo should stop distracting himself and focus on the responsibility imposed on him by Anambarians when they voted for his party in the last state gubernatorial election. Anything short of this is disservice to his people.

The contradictions in his piece are too obvious and I don't think his media aids had a look at its content because they are full of double speak

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by tyinfinity: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2022
OSU Zombidients received soludo nuclear missile and it landed in peter obituary chest.Obi supporters is still in a state of comma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by selfmade22: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2022
Nigerian politicians against citizens
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by obyno82: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2022
Simeonjoe1:
Abegi useless people make all of una rest.
Soludo may get access to real information don release truth. Instead disputing with fact you result to normal insult and blackmail...
Abi poverty rate no double under obi? And same man want to reduce poverty in whole Nigeria with states like sokoto having >80% poverty angry how him won do am if e no fit do am for small Anambra?
Nigeria politicians are thief and useless all of them. We still dey drug lord own this one enter.
Nigerians is now caught BTW the devil, deep blue sea and volcano
My worst fear is people lining up to vote these men. People that can't help you, if you think Nigeria can get better its high time you check your brain.

You don't have sense walahi. The same Soludo in his gubernatorial campaign said that PO reduced poverty from 53% to 14.8% now he is attacking Peter Obi
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by sencekompis: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2022
IPOB OBI with zero brain just like his followers

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by obyno82: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2022
inoki247:
Anybody telling dem what dey don't want to hear is been paid....

if this people enter if the masses talk sef dem go say dey are been sponsored.....

You don't have sense. You people said the same about Adebanjo
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Nightwolf1: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2022
damkin24:

But you Obingos still drag Tinubu to Lagos state after how many years he left office

You demented goblins are the ones making reference to Thîefnubu over Lagos state development.
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Mightyiyke: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2022
If them like make them do anything, na OBI we know
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Kagd10: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2022
Soludo didn't even want to talk until people put words into his mouth with the so called sham investment which they claimed has appreciated to 100m dollars according to Peter Obi's lying miscreantt.

Meanwhile, people shouldn't forget the fact that Soludo once spoke on this, which made Peter Obi to recant his statement and apologized for the so called bogus investment claim. Since then, Soludo has kept quiet and didn't say anything again until he was asked again about the so called Peter Obi sham investment which always annoyed him btw. He tried all his best to ignore the question on TV and rather talk about his own govt but they kept on asking him until he lost it and said the sham investment was next to nothing.
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by StrongD: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
Been posted elsewhere but still worth reading. Quite long: about 8-10min reading

I read the actual text of Soludo's recent piece. There were many problems with his piece but people are bashing him for the wrong reasons. They are misreading the main thrust of his write-up, one in which I—and, incidentally, Peter Obi— wholly agree with. Nevertheless, I'll first address issues with the piece, while showing where it is correct.

Despite claiming that he acknowledged the achievements of all his predecessors he did not try, in his write up, to present any sort of balance on Obi. Rather, he appeared to unearth all possible disagreements with his legacy that he could claim while failing to state any positives.

Particularly worrying would be his claim to certain statistics that directly run counter to what is known Obi achieved. For example, it is well documented that Obi improved the economic and educational metrics of the state such that, as even judged at the time by the economic teams of rival governors, he was voted the best. Thus, if things were really X bad with Obi, they were sort of X² bad with others.

He even presented his efforts (looking out also for corrections and advice to improve) in their then organised forum for accountability and better governance: the first to do so. No other governor agreed to present afterwards, thus, such laudable ongoing series was forced to die.

The metrics of education, power supply (eg, provided transformers widely among other efforts), health ( eg, water supply to primary health centres) and, overall, what was palpably experienced on the ground was clearly better at the end of his tenure than at Obiano's end. Even Obiano's signature projects —eg, the Awka flyovers he engraved with his name and the airport— were started by Obi and funded by Obi's savings: as expected, since Obi's tenure was during a more buoyant oil revenue period.

The insistence of saddling Obi with the moniker of someone who was only interested in hoarding funds is very untrue and beginning to seem a deliberate effort (particularly by an economist). Obi actually spent more on state needs from his revenue than his predecessors and successor. Had he stayed a 3rd term, the airport he had just relocated to northern Anambra would have been constructed by him and those flyovers in Awka (he had already redone Onitsha's roads and the notorious Upper Iweka: all much more than anything Obiano did road-wise). His uniqueness was in trying to conserve where expenditure (especially in cost of governance) was deemed not necessary, with an eye for investment in the future of the children of the state.

In doing so he made some mistakes. I agree with Soludo that a number of the roads Obi built for rural towns and villages were not as durable as those made by Ngige. He seems to have chosen road options that would bear light vehicles transporting farm produce from such places to towns for sale. The breakdown of the major federal roads made most heavy traffic divert to such new and good roads so they degraded faster than planned. Despite this, they lasted 7-10 years.

Someone once told me that the most important issue in building a structure is committing oneself to the maintenance one's initial choice for the structure would demand. Just as he first built those roads out of virtually no roads, he would have been very well capable of maintaining them as due. Unfortunately, the time for their maintenance started occuring largely in the middle of Obiano's time, who simply neglected them to completely fall apart. Despite it being possible that a better option could have been reached, the most important thing here is that Obi had a plan and executed it fairly, a plan that did not deprive his people of their resources in any way. Moreover, his humility helps him learn from substandard situations.

Similarly, I am befuddled by what metric is Soludo claiming the jump in poverty under Obi and a significant shrinking by Obiano's end? I am not an economist but it is only the opposite I experienced in my wide interactions within my state. This could be one of those situations where one users an unnatural metric to extrapolate: "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of statistics to bolster weak arguments, "one of the best, and best-known" critiques of applied statistics (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics). A present-day one is that from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), which says Nigeria's real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at basic prices grew by 3.11 per cent in quarter one of 2022 on a year-on-year basis. Does this seems to indicate that we are 3.11% better than last year? Is this what is actually being felt on the ground? Why people are running out of the country faster now than ever before? Bear in mind that even the "almighty" NNPC has not been remitting anything to the states.

The problems with Soludo's piece are why many consider this saga to simply be yet another step the political elite are taking to crush the groundswell threatening to disturb their "business as usual". This is also the main reason Obi keeps travelling around to speak with them: to ensure they, at best, be neutral instead of working assiduously against him. He will need all hands on deck (one way or another) to help reverse the sinking ship that is Nigeria.

Let us not forget that the only reason Obi became governor is the personal conviction of Ojukwu in his person. Ojukwu, after interacting with him, declared him as the man to lead our people forward. I remember him begging Ndi Anambra that he was an old man soon to pass on but that they should do this for him, that one time, because they were really doing it for themselves and their children. Despite all that, it was Ngige's falling out with the PDP godfather, and refusing Abuja's directive to make up with him, that enabled Obi to prevail at court. Obi was then impeached by the elite (but saved, again, by the courts) when they could not resurrect their business as usual.

Good arguments, some already given by Soludo, can be given for it being better for Obi to have stayed put in that one party: APGA. However, other good arguments can be made for the opposite, especially for someone hoping to do good at Aso Rock. Why should someone —a real businessman— persist in a venture that had no hope of success, simply because it is an Igbo party, a success that is not supposed to be for the Igbo people alone? In fact, for simply being APGA, most in other parts of the country would not have voted it. Labour is clearly tribe agnostic (for now). It also lacks the bad history of PDP. So, if APGA can only win in Anambra —a state that Soludo even agrees Obi in Labour is likely to win it's presidential votes— contesting on the APGA's platform will be a minus nationwide where it lacks Labour's clean slate. The only place APGA has formidable structure is Anambra. Moreover, Labour connects an aspirant with all public workers and Labour activists nationwide who, with the aggrieved youth, give one a much more credible 3rd way than APGA ever could. Obi then buttressed it all by explicitly telling people not to vote for him if it is simply because he is Igbo.

I also agree, in a large part, with Soludo's assessment of the quest for Igbo presidency and the lack of long-term strategy by Ndi Igbo. This is borne out of the understandable desire to have some from the SE rule in turn with others: very difficult due to not being enshrined by law and low overall voting clout. Unfortunately, nationwide we largely now have a culture of turn-by-turn chopping or turn-by-turn development through one's town's man at the top. For example, this is how Enugu State now runs. However, as said earlier, saddling Obi with merely a realisation of Igbo rule —however laudable one's reasons may be— is myopic, stunting and not what he presently stands for. So all that assessment is irrelevant.

I agree with Soludo's knock on Obi's investment of state funds in a business of which he was a member of its board. It raises ethical questions. However, remember who we are talking about and you see its consistency with his erstwhile actions. He is a trader who deals with what he knows, even when trying to act selflessly. He returned to Missionary systems for previously missionary schools because he knew them to run well when they had them. He, seeing some surpluses in state funds, wanted to invest them in structures he had personally experienced and believed were on an upward trajectory, so much so that if the state ended up losing money, he too will lose money because his money was there too. In fact, their value only started to dip following the overall distress businesses were experiencing (more businesses failing) during Obiano's latter years. It first proves that there was more poverty during Obiano and, secondly that Obiano's economic team should have been monitoring the investments to know when to sell them and buy other upwardly mobile shares. Nothing stays permanent.

All the above not withstanding, many Obi supporters are acting like the present day Western "progressives" who do not allow others to have a point of view different from theirs without trying to bury them. That is wrong. Live and let live. Engage their points and, if you both remain with your initial convictions, simply agree to disagree. Even inconceivably worse are those who try to harm Soludo (or anyone else) who simply disagrees that Obi is the right option.

Now to be clear, this is not in any way the fault of Obi. It is a groundswell of frustrations of people seeing their future evaporate and, thus flailing and grasping out for a support. It is well known that one has to be very careful (and, better, trained!) before trying to rescue a drowning man. His desperation may sink you too. See the widespread protest in Iran. Their corruption is no where near ours but see the reactions. If there was even a modicum of opposition leader there, would it not have been false to saddle him with the responsibility of violent protests, simply because he is seen as an alternative to the rulers?

Obi himself has announced to his supporters the need for moderation and respect multiple times (as is well evident in his person). In fact, there is absolutely no evidence anyone can present that shows Obi egging anyone on. So, how can he, in good conscience, be saddled with the responsibility of the actions of drowning men, men being drowned by the effects of successive PDP and APC leaders?

In any case, please let us be civil. Thank you for the patience to read this very long piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Fearyourcreator: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
Simeonjoe1:
Abegi useless people make all of una rest.
Soludo may get access to real information don release truth. Instead disputing with fact you result to normal insult and blackmail...
Abi poverty rate no double under obi? And same man want to reduce poverty in whole Nigeria with states like sokoto having >80% poverty angry how him won do am if e no fit do am for small Anambra?
Nigeria politicians are thief and useless all of them. We still dey drug lord own this one enter.
Nigerians is now caught BTW the devil, deep blue sea and volcano
My worst fear is people lining up to vote these men. People that can't help you, if you think Nigeria can get better its high time you check your brain.

Lolzzzz
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by ifihearam: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
Felabrity:
His is only jealous and angry Peter Obi did not join him in apga

Lies..he actually asked obi to be the presidential flag bearer of Apga..so why are you people always lying like your principal?
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Stenewiser: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
admax:

he is the only claiming to be a saint, highest hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Felabrity: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
ifihearam:

Lies..he actually asked obi to be the presidential flag bearer of Apga..so why are you people always lying like your principal?
alright, atleast take your time to go to his Facebook page or twitter account to read his article

Thank God you understands English
Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by Sholaco: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
Is peter obi Pandora up before shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party by ogbonti: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2022
Naira20:
Lol

Soludo is too small.

He is just a distraction and his case would fizzle out just like Dino's nonsense.

even Jesus said

"A man's enemy is in his household"

Igbos are Igbo's main problem

Obi is not an Igbo leader, Obi is a Nigerian movement

It's now that his investment are worth nothing ? but he invested - what about the money he left in the bank? is that a lie too

what about those who have been stealing and failed to invest ? - has Buhari's government for the past 7 years not destroyed all investments ?

Even the Naira was not spared - so what the fv ck is Soludo talking about ? are investments growth not a reflection of the economy?

Has the Nigerian economy been doing well since Buhari came to office? I am asking oo because at least I have a business degree grin

Soludo want to be the Igbo President of NGR - so he wants to dirty OBI up thinking someday he will be what Obi is about to be now

Judas Soludo, you are done politically - you can take that to the bank!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ben Kalu To Osodeke: Gbajabiamila Didn't Promise Payment Of Salary Arrears / 10 Quotable Political Quotes Of The Week / These Are All The Planes In The Nigerian Air Force 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.