Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Marriage Is Not An Achievement - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Not An Achievement (38826 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Is Marriage An Achievement?? / Are Children Really An Achievement?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by MansoryMX(m): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
And this nonsense made Fp?

Nairaland is mentally extremely sick!
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by FarmTech(m): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
Try and marry bc age flies. Live your life to pls God, pray, and God won't disappoint you. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will grant you your heart desire and shield you from immoral women and witches.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Moniya4Real(m): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
U like marriage this OP..what is the reason for marriage for u sef?

Unfettered, legal, and raw sex. Cos if the place block, no marriage then.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Parizz: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
Conner44:
No It’s not undecided love is what matters and not marriage. Two people can marry without an ounce of love between them. Many people do it mostly for selfish reasons these days.

If anyone uses marriage to boast as an achievement in front of you just tell them to travel small and head north. There they will see girls of 15 years old getting married left-right and center to people they do not even know. 80 year old men with over 10 lawfully wedded wives living from hand to mouth and still eyeing one small girl to add to his harem.

Or what about the south where you’d experience a high rate of divorce and wanton infidelity. Small girls birthing bastards and still waiting for one man to come from nowhere to put a ring on it undecided men leaving their wives alone at home and sleeping in brothels.
you made sense

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Lovenorth: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2022
advanceDNA:
Go and tell that to women that get cars, houses, and millions after marriage...

If u marry strategically.....u go know say marriage na acheivement......

Strategically and luckily grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by LacyPantSniffer(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2022
HantaVirus:
Only weak men marry cool

It's deep and only the enlightened can understand.

True.

Marriage denotes weakness.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by rollywise(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2022
This sounds like consolation to me. Marriage is sweet if it's too the right person. More so, oga when you wan take born begin bear children and train them? Abi having children na scam too?
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by LagosIsForIgbos: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by judedwriter(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
LacyPantSniffer:

True.

I disagree.

Marriage is wonderful.

The only problem is people marry wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Parizz: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Moniya4Real:

Unfettered, legal, and raw sex. Cos if the place block, no marriage then.
your favorite sex position?
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by abobote: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
Yes, but having children is an achievement

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Bobbiee: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2022
Marriage is for the propagation of the species and to ensure controlled population. Think about it.

You marry so that you can breed kids. You stay married and are expected to be faithful to your spouse. Else, you would be at liberty to sire children with multiple spouses as many as possible. There's only so many children a single woman can give birth to. Men stay fertile all the way to old age. Without the institution of marriage, many men would have over 100 children walking around.

Any other reason is totally useless and born out of sentiments and societal expectations. Is it companionship you seek? That's what family and friends are for? Is it constant sex? There's brothels for that. Someone to split the bills? Get a roommate

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2022
Marriage is an achievement

You need the other person to be full to be complete
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by LacyPantSniffer(m): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2022
judedwriter:

I disagree.

Marriage is wonderful.

The only problem is people marry wrongly.

Kindly tell me what a man will gain in marriage that he can't get as a single man undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Gbeng30(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2022
Well all I know is that most of the people that are getting married today are just getting marry to show themselves and impress others, some believe getting marry will make them been fullfil in life but marriage is beyond that and entails more like managing their differences ,tolerating one another and discipline themselves...in marriage there is more to sacrifice if you want to enjoy it...
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Emola12(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2022
Dis topic self no be achievement op
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by BreconHills(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2022
Too many different things are being said as if they were one and the same.

1. Is marriage an achievement? Yes because it opens a door into a new adventure. It consolidates two missions into one and as children come it creates a family on mission together whatever that mission or cause may be. The success I have had during marriage is the sweeter for having someone I am committed to sharing with me. And children! smiley what a joy and what an education!

2. Should marriage be thrown in the face of the single. Absolutely not. Anyone who does that is not fully engaged with marriage. They are like someone still standing outside the door and looking in. Marriage has challenges but it is a means by which we mature as people and learn the difficult task of building a team with purpose ( not easy)

3. Single people are not lesser people but we should not say that because singles can achieve great things they should not marry. The only reason not to marry is if you have the gift of singleness e.g. low to non existent sex drive and you are happy alone.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by HantaVirus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
LacyPantSniffer:

True.

Happiness is key smiley

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by judedwriter(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
LacyPantSniffer:

Kindly tell me what a man will gain in marriage that he can't get as a single man undecided

Legal sex grin

Apart from that marriage brings wholeness and completeness. Two become one. Two are better than one.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by mjuvey3: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
HantaVirus:

At 47, I am unmarried and unbothered smiley

Happiness is key to me smiley Not getting married or giving birth.

That means you're not a great man.

Great men get married and raise offsprings cool

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Streetmovement(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

When it comes to settling down, money is a big factor for men, while for women it's who to settle down with( they're very confused in making their choices) at least a few can make the right choice and not live to regret it.

For me, there's nobody that can rush me into settling down when I don't have the big factor, at least if my wife Bleep up make my money no Bleep up. Las las if the big factor no dey na to get pikin lock up at least I'll know I left this world in the hands of another me.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by LagosIsForIgbos: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
you sound like a pained person. Don't deceive yourself bro. Marriage is an achievement. It distinguishes MEN from Boys. A married man of 25 years with a kid is more respected by nature and the society and more honourable to God than a 40yrs old man still jumping from one skirt to the other shying away from responsibility. Get that into your fragile skull.

This is the error Africans pass on to their generations, believe that the shit you wrote up there is what defines MEN from BOYS. A man is a man, and a boy is a boy, there's no distinction, no comparison and no debates about it.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Bobbiee: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
Most of us just want to get married because we hope that we'd raise the perfect children that wouldn't make the same mistakes we did or have to suffer what we suffered growing up.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by faithfull18(f): 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
It's an achievement when you marry right, a complete human.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by godofuck231: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2022
koladata:
you didn't add canada grin
u don finish am then
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by LagosIsForIgbos: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2022
rollywise:
This sounds like consolation to me. Marriage is sweet if it's too the right person. More so, oga when you wan take born begin bear children and train them? Abi having children na scam too?

You can birth kids without the rigours of marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
zuby4real10:
It is an achievement only to women cos they are always at the receiving end that's why they are the ones pushing nd desperate for it.

Men are the ones at the receiving end really, but I know what you meant.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by skales67(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
godofuck231:
Wait make you reach 50 , every rope you see will look like a suicide instrument, you don't know what loneliness does to the human mind, try and live in iceland or Denmark for 5 years alone

It is more bearable to be single and feel lonely and more suicidal to be married and feel lonely. The latter drains and kills faster 100x

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by SPAMBOX7: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
Abi1985:
Na marry you marry, don't come and be disturbing those who are not married. Just because you marry today does not mean you are better than those who are not married.

Please do not let your friend wedding oppress you, some married people are suffering and smiling. They will not tell you that the wife they marry na Jezebel associate or a runs girl or the husband they marry is a womanizer or an abusive man. They will do one big wedding today, then 9 months or 3 years later they divorce.

Personally I enjoy weddings because I can eat some correct food.

If your people are asking when are you getting married? Tell them when you do not want marry a Jezebel or a wicked or selfish man. Because after the wedding, you are on your own.

Na so they arrange one woman from village for me to marry, I just dey laugh and ignore. I enjoyed my bachelorhood, please let me enjoy my life. I do not want problem.

Marry when you want marry, do not let anyone pressure you to marry or who you will marry.
Your post should be directed to women as na them dey see marriage as achievement.
Bringing men into the argument is quite absurd
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by LagosIsForIgbos: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

When it comes to settling down, money is a big factor for men, while for women it's who to settle down with( they're very confused in making their choices) at least a few can make the right choice and not live to regret it.

For me, there's nobody that can rush me into settling down when I don't have the big factor, at least if my wife Bleep up make my money no Bleep up. Las las if the big factor no dey na to get pikin lock up at least I'll know I left this world in the hands of another me.

Marriage in the 21st century is a huge gamble, it's like betting your life on an unpredictable event.

Slip fit cut or e fit enter.

Marriage Na risk

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Waywardson6: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2022
Marriage is no achievement, but it's a necessity, due to societal values & norms. The problem is that those married are HYPOCRITES. They go through a lot of problems, but will be criticizing the singles. The married commit adultery with reckless abandon because society won't judge, "because" they are married & appear like saints in the eyes of the public. Adultery, women are not left out. Married women go through hell, but pretend & smile like it's all rosy until the cup is full or worse death. Society force people to marry who they do not love & this leads to disaster. The society & so called culture has caused more harm than good. People will continue to get into unwanted marriages, depression, anger, hate will continue to be on the rise, innocent children will continue to be victims of bad homes & thus lead to more endangered citizens in the society. Society & the so called married need to stop discriminating single people, single parents & those who do not even wish to have sex with anyone (asexuals). Period.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / Son Celebrates His Mother's Birthday. Shares Boyfriend-Girlfriend Kind Of Photos / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.