Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Marriage Is Not An Achievement - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Not An Achievement (38836 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Is Marriage An Achievement?? / Are Children Really An Achievement?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by godofuck231: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2022
Danisaint112:

Like the swedish will kill the person or what? Don't get you? Because I know people that have been living there all their life.
see this one

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by godofuck231: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2022
Danisaint112:

So what happens if they stay there for that long?
abeg I no fit write ICAN exam , no vex
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
Toplap3:

You too stupid. Spits on his bald head
premium tears for wailers like you. Go kiss Tinubu leaking bum
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
Toplap3:

You are the biggest f00l who ever lived. This is trash and idiotic
your parents are the biggest idiotic beings who ever lived
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2022
godofuck231:
maybe you are just horse shiit then
Look who's talking! undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Phraences: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2022
Marriage should not be an achievement but society makes it an achievement because of the respect it gives to married couples..So singles especially ladies are made to feel worthless until they get married. Tell a Nigerian that you are not interested in marriage and see them look at you like you have mental issues..

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by efficiencie(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
Abi1985:
Na marry you marry, don't come and be disturbing those who are not married. Just because you marry today does not mean you are better than those who are not married.

Please do not let your friend wedding oppress you, some married people are suffering and smiling. They will not tell you that the wife they marry na Jezebel associate or a runs girl or the husband they marry is a womanizer or an abusive man. They will do one big wedding today, then 9 months or 3 years later they divorce.

Personally I enjoy weddings because I can eat some correct food.

If your people are asking when are you getting married? Tell them when you do not want marry a Jezebel or a wicked or selfish man. Because after the wedding, you are on your own.

Na so they arrange one woman from village for me to marry, I just dey laugh and ignore. I enjoyed my bachelorhood, please let me enjoy my life. I do not want problem.

Marry when you want marry, do not let anyone pressure you to marry or who you will marry.

It depends on the spouse you are marrying. As a man, if you marry an asset that's an achievement but if you marry olosho + liabilities you are finished and as a woman if you marry a sober visionary leader that's an achievement but if you marry a riffraff + womanizer + no-future-ambition you are finished. Those shouting marriage is not an achievement it is either they are single or are married to a gargantuan failure.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Danisaint112(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
godofuck231:
see this one

And what happened to that? converse like a human please.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by MikeofAfrica: 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
maasoap:

You can't wait forever and you shouldn't wait forever! Acquiring more education is not a guarantee of more success, individual should just know when to stop postponing.
I have a friend, (age mate) I have been telling to get married since 2015 but he kept saying he wants to struggle a little bit more. We were doing business together at the time but not anymore. My first kid is 10 this year and my friend hasn't yet married. And he's not more financially buoyant than me.

The fact that your friend is delaying his marriage does not mean that he has an ambition that he is pursuing with a strategic plan. Infact, most people that always postpone their marriage do not have any ambition at all. They simply does not want to take the responsibility of raising a family.

However there are some youths in our society who would have gotten to the top but their pace of success was limited. Some youths dreams were completed terminated by their early marriage.

This is because it takes a maximum risk for a youth to move from poverty to wealth. No woman will allow her husband to take these risks few years into their marriage because it might cause him his life.

The hardest task on Earth is moving from poverty to wealth. It is like swimming across a river filled with crocodiles. It is better for a man to remain poor or a middle class once married because if he enters this river while carrying his family, the crocodiles will catch and cosume him.

Hence once a youth that is still hustling rushes into marriage, his chance of coming out of poverty reduces unless his wife is from a wealthy family that can assist him.

The youths that have been able to break through poverty to wealth in a harsh environment like Nigeria can understand my point.

It is better you delay marriage and make money first because money is the item that sustain happiness in marriage.

However, if you are lucky to come from a wealth family where your father has made money for you, then you have no reason not to be married before 30 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by MikeofAfrica: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I haven't missed any point. You didn't answer the questions. Which one is "carrier"?

pls tell me, are there no married men and women in Africa and across who are married and successful? are the successful people in the world today unmarried?

It seems you are a lady because a guy would have understand my point.

Baby girl, please I am not against you getting married early neither am I discouraging your man from proposing marriage to you.

I am only advicing our men to regard their carrier and making money as their primary ambition in life . This will make life easier for their future wives. Marriage should be a secondary ambition.

My carrier for instance is writing. I saved my salary for four years and used it to publish my first book in London. Today, the royalty from that book has made me very wealthy.

I can decide today to marry five wives and have twenty kids! I have the money .

If I had used that savings to rush into marriage and waste it in hosting a wedding party, I would have still be a salary earner today.

My wife would have been nagging every day complaining of poverty.

I invested my first savings into my carrier and God used it to bless me. The seed germinated and took me to the top.

This is what I mean by " Carrier first before marriage".

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Moniya4Real(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
Parizz:
your favorite sex position?
All positions
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by DownChelsea(f): 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2022
maasoap:

Even in addition to having your own biological children, you're still very much prone to loneliness if you don't have a wife or husband. This is because none of these people would be waiting for you at home everyday, your children will move out eventually at certain ages. The only person you are going to grow old with is your partner.

If those whose partners are dead??

You said "prone to". That doesn't sound definite to me tho.

There's no formula
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by DownChelsea(f): 11:58pm On Nov 17, 2022
godofuck231:
yep , ask lekki babes during the lockdown or those in Europe who committed suicide due to the covid lockdwn

Since you did ask them.

Tell me. They told you they committed suicide because of lack of spouse?
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by DownChelsea(f): 11:58pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
I sound gibberish

You really do
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 18, 2022
It's not an achievement until you realised without marriage you have no children and believe me. Children are the best of achievements
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by CheapHomes1: 2:44am On Nov 18, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

It seems you are a lady because a guy would have understand my point.

Baby girl, please I am not against you getting married early neither am I discouraging your man from proposing marriage to you.

I am only advicing our men to regard their carrier and making money as their primary ambition in life . This will make life easier for their future wives. Marriage should be a secondary ambition.

My carrier for instance is writing. I saved my salary for four years and used it to publish my first book in London. Today, the royalty from that book has made me very wealthy.

I can decide today to marry five wives and have twenty kids! I have the money .

If I had used that savings to rush into marriage and waste it in hosting a wedding party, I would have still be a salary earner today.

My wife would have been nagging every day complaining of poverty.

I invested my first savings into my carrier and God used it to bless me. The seed germinated and took me to the top.

This is what I mean by " Carrier first before marriage".

Offpoint. Pls what is "carrier"?

pls tell me, are there no married men and women in Africa and across who are married and successful? are the successful people in the world today unmarried?
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Truvelisback(m): 7:32am On Nov 18, 2022
Abi1985:
Na marry you marry, don't come and be disturbing those who are not married. Just because you marry today does not mean you are better than those who are not married.

Please do not let your friend wedding oppress you, some married people are suffering and smiling. They will not tell you that the wife they marry na Jezebel associate or a runs girl or the husband they marry is a womanizer or an abusive man. They will do one big wedding today, then 9 months or 3 years later they divorce.

If your people are asking when are you getting married? Tell them when you do not want marry a Jezebel or a wicked or selfish man. Because after the wedding, you are on your own.

Na so they arrange one woman from village for me to marry, I just dey laugh and ignore. I enjoyed my bachelorhood, please let me enjoy my life. I do not want problem.

Marry when you want marry, do not let anyone pressure you to marry or who you will marry.
Funny enough, Nigerians see marriage as a very big achievement. They see people who aren't married as failure.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Parizz: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2022
Banbanna:

Yes o. That's because you didn't let societal standards or expectations determine/dictate your state of happiness. I tend to live within my own convenience, shutting out any unnecessary pressure.
will you marry
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Panda7(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2022
another yoruba demon on the loose shocked grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Parizz: 8:00am On Nov 18, 2022
MissLAP:

You are even single grin No wonder.
Until you are married, you don't have the rite to contribute to topics like this
are you married
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Parizz: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2022
Annahh:
Marriage is an achievement. I want to be married. tongue
lets get married and have kids
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Parizz: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2022
zionstaar75:
that's why u are bitter. Marriage makes u responsible, it makes u plan more for the future � its not just about you. It makes u more patient. There are tons of benefits in being married. I married very late because I was thinking like u,its been 10 years now but I wish I'd married 20years ago
was she a virgin
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by McCoy9067(m): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2022
It isn't an achievement at all
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by zionstaar75: 9:10am On Nov 18, 2022
Parizz:
was she a virgin
before??
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Annahh(f): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Parizz:
lets get married and have kids
I have someone already to do that with. T for tenz. cheesy
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by maasoap(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
DownChelsea:

If those whose partners are dead??

That's nature which we have no control over. Whether you are a widow or divorcee, try to get another live in partner. Just try your best not to remain lonely.

You said "prone to". That doesn't sound definite to me tho.

Yeah, I chose my words carefully.

There's no formula
All what we're saying is that individual should try to put an effort. That's all
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by maasoap(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

The fact that your friend is delaying his marriage does not mean that he has an ambition that he is pursuing with a strategic plan. Infact, most people that always postpone their marriage do not have any ambition at all. They simply does not want to take the responsibility of raising a family.

However there are some youths in our society who would have gotten to the top but their pace of success was limited. Some youths dreams were completed terminated by their early marriage.

This is because it takes a maximum risk for a youth to move from poverty to wealth. No woman will allow her husband to take these risks few years into their marriage because it might cause him his life.

The hardest task on Earth is moving from poverty to wealth. It is like swimming across a river filled with crocodiles. It is better for a man to remain poor or a middle class once married because if he enters this river while carrying his family, the crocodiles will catch and cosume him.

Hence once a youth that is still hustling rushes into marriage, his chance of coming out of poverty reduces unless his wife is from a wealthy family that can assist him.

The youths that have been able to break through poverty to wealth in a harsh environment like Nigeria can understand my point.

It is better you delay marriage and make money first because money is the item that sustain happiness in marriage.

However, if you are lucky to come from a wealth family where your father has made money for you, then you have no reason not to be married before 30 years.

All your points are valid, I'm not disputing any of it.
I made up my mind not to waste time getting married. So, I got married while still serving (NYSC) because I believed that it was getting late for me. Waiting for wealth before marriage would put too much age difference between my kids and me. I didn't want that.
Today, I'm still not working with my certificates! Imagine me waiting for that dream job before getting married? It means that I would still be waiting today. grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by maasoap(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So because they do so, we have no right to point out the fact that many of them do so for reason of loneliness or some other emotional problems in them even in marriage? undecided

Various reasons. They do doesn't necessarily means loneliness
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
maasoap:
Various reasons. They do doesn't necessarily means loneliness
So because they do so, we have no right to point out the fact that many of them do so for the reason of loneliness or some other emotional problems in them even in marriage? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Slade47(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
Abi1985:

very true
I used to think it was until I listened to a message titled "marriage" by Dr miles monroe

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by Banbanna(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
Parizz:
will you marry

It depends o. It's conditional.
Re: Marriage Is Not An Achievement by DownChelsea(f): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2022
maasoap:

That's nature which we have no control over. Whether you are a widow or divorcee, try to get another live in partner. Just try your best not to remain lonely.

Yeah, I chose my words carefully.

All what we're saying is that individual should try to put an effort. That's all

And I'm saying that's your own formula. It must not apply for another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding / So This Is Marriage? / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.