Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats (31280 Views)

Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd / State Of The Union: Nancy Pelosi Tears Up Trump's Speech / Trump Ignored Nancy Pelosi's Handshake Before She Tore His Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Secondly: 5:41am On Nov 18, 2022
SaLongs1:
As an African I would side with the democrats for the simple reason that they are pro minorities where women and black people do get the chance into positions of power and authority unlike the republicans who are rather conservative and prefer the status quo.

You mean as a stupid African, right?
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by SaLongs1(m): 5:54am On Nov 18, 2022
Secondly:

You mean as a stupid African, right?
you are a bastard of a thousand fathers that's why you can't have a decent conversation without descending to the mud you grovel in .
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Fearyourcreator: 6:02am On Nov 18, 2022
ud4u:
In Nigeria they rather die there
She don tey there na ... Which Nigeria politician stayed that long... Old people plenty for politics there ooo
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Gerard28: 6:13am On Nov 18, 2022
Teaser4:
this is an excerpt from Reuters “The victory gives Republicans the power to rein in Biden's agenda, as well as to launch potentially politically damaging probes of his administration and family” gotobed or Goan face Peter Obi and Tinubu

https://www reuters com/world/us/republicans-one-seat-away-winning-house-us-midterm-vote-2022-11-16/

Probes that will still be subject to Ratification by the Senate controlled by the Dems, What don't you understand?
And besides they are only 7 seats more than the Dems in that House of which some of the Republicans will definitely not even vote in support of beginning some worthless probes and even if they do, the senate will still spoil their fun...

Do you know the numerous times Trump was probed and even impeached by the House? Was it not the Senate that always saved his A$S at the end?

Probe kor probe ni..

Guy... The Midterms was a Disaster for the Republicans..

Biden and the Dems are celebrating not worried/scared.

You don't know American politics as much as I do.

Please wake up and Read your Bible
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Navalsadiq(m): 6:22am On Nov 18, 2022
82 years old.

She is older than Tinubu

In Nigeria they will not allow us rest.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Blakpot: 7:11am On Nov 18, 2022
Ancient of days

Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Teaser4(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2022
MiaBeer:

You’re in denial of facts on the ground, probably because you don’t live here. Republican party has been severely damaged by Trump.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Ellasure: 7:17am On Nov 18, 2022
Despite her age, she is an ice cream licking idol admired by her teaming ice cream licking generation.

She is not proud of her Italian ancestry and was a drag to the economic well being of the USA during her leadership. USA means China in her dictionary.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Teaser4(m): 7:19am On Nov 18, 2022
Gerard28:

Probes that will still be subject to Ratification by the Senate controlled by the Dems, What don't you understand?
And besides they are only 7 seats more than the Dems in that House of which some of the Republicans will definitely not even vote in support of beginning some worthless probes and even if they do, the senate will still spoil their fun...

Do you know the numerous times Trump was probed and even impeached by the House? Was it not the Senate that always saved his A$S at the end?

Probe kor probe ni..

Guy... The Midterms was a Disaster for the Republicans..

Biden and the Dems are celebrating not worried/scared.

You don't know American politics as much as I do.

Please wake up and Read your Bible
for the last time focus on Peter Obi and Tinubu. You are just typing in the rubbish, it’s not a must to comment on every threads. You see your ignorance is nauseating, in the House they only need Simple majority(218/ 435) to pass any resolution.
So, they will definitely set up committee to probe Biden and his family, most esp Hunter

They are going to set up a committee to investigate every cents, that was sent to Ukraine.

They have the majority, they can do that. That’s the little details, you didn’t grab. The House is where the real fun is…. Same way the Dems set up “Jan 6 Committee to investigate trump”

According to Reuters, that’s enough for the GOP to torment Biden, same thing the Dems did to Trump.

I didn’t invent those words, I only expressed my opinion after reading the reports. If Reuters can admit that the next 2 years for Biden won’t be fun, who are you?

I don’t play with sand. Kindly stay off my mentions.

Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Gerard28: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2022
Teaser4:
for the last time focus on Peter Obi and Tinubu. You are just typing in the rubbish, it’s not a must to comment on every threads. You see your ignorance is nauseating, in the House they only need Simple majority(218/ 435) to pass any resolution.
So, they will definitely set up committee to probe Biden and his family, most esp Hunter

They are going to set up a committee to investigate every cents, that was sent to Ukraine.

They have the majority, they can do that. That’s the little details, you didn’t grab. The House is where the real fun is…. Same way the Dems set up “Jan 6 Committee to investigate trump”

According to Reuters, that’s enough for the GOP to torment Biden, same thing the Dems did to Trump.

I didn’t invent those words, I only expressed my opinion after reading the reports. If Reuters can admit that the next 2 years for Biden won’t be fun, who are you?

I don’t play with sand. Kindly stay off my mentions.

And when they're done with the Probing and investigating what next happens in the Senate?
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Teaser4(m): 7:49am On Nov 18, 2022
Gerard28:

And when they're done with the Probing and investigating what next happens in the Senate?
Dems have been investigating “Jan 6th saga” for the past 2 years now, did it get to the Senate yet? All your answers are in the link I sent earlier, calm down and read.

I’m tired of going back and forth with you. Guys on this platform too get Wahala, you drag us for supporting Putin, una Dey call us Anti-American. Alas, we still get dragged for supporting GOP, common everyone is entitled to their opinion , that’s the way the world works. Y’all should learn to respect people’s opinions here, whether it go down well with you or not, it doesn’t affect you in anyway.

I’m done here.
Bye
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Juleeee: 7:59am On Nov 18, 2022
Nyamuri:
If she had decided to be Ashawo, she wouldn't have gone far like nairaland girls!

At least their not on the road to rub people of their hardend money.

Anything to to rain insult on your mother and sisters yeah sure.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by iyke2frankeze: 7:59am On Nov 18, 2022
MrFixIt007:
grin grin grin angry grin grin Seems she was placed there to bring Trump down....Now she's stepping down as Mission Accomplished! Na Wa! cry cry cry cry cry
It was Trump brought her down. She was there for 16 years before Trump could ever come near white house. She is the most powerful Democrat even stronger than the current US president in case you don't know.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Gerard28: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2022
Teaser4:
Dems have been investigating “Jan 6th saga” for the past 2 years now, did it get to the Senate yet? All your answers are in the link I sent earlier, calm down and read.

I’m tired of going back and forth with you. Guys on this platform too get Wahala, you drag us for supporting Putin, call us anti American, alas we still get dragged for supporting GOP, common everyone is entitled to their opinion , that’s the way the world works. Y’all should learn to respect people’s opinions here, whether it go down well with you or not, it doesn’t affect you in anyway.

I’m done here.
Bye

Lolz, Bro it's a friendly conversation not a Banter. And besides I haven't used any derogatory word, but you have. But I'm not offended
I'm not disrespecting your opinion, I was only giving a pointer to The fact that probes will definitely come but will be futile. Biden has even directly laughed at and responded to their intending Hunter probe "Goodluck in your senior year"

And besides, what makes you think the entire 218 Repubs in the house will always vote in support of any probe?

Finally... There is no logical reason why any person should support Putin and these deaths he has caused, not even Trump his friend supports the war.. So I'm surprised to see this.

And Finally Finally..

Supporting the Republican party is not Healthy..

They're simply Divisive.. Typical Trumpish Character.

Have a Great day. Lots of love
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Teaser4(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2022
Gerard28:

Lolz, Bro it's a friendly conversation not a Banter. And besides I haven't used any derogatory word, but you have. But I'm not offended
I'm not disrespecting your opinion, I was only giving a pointer to The fact that probes will definitely come but will be futile. Biden has even directly laughed at and responded to their intending Hunter probe "Goodluck in your senior year"

And besides, what makes you think the entire 218 Repubs in the house will always vote in support of any probe?

Finally... There is no logical reason why any person should support Putin and these deaths he has caused, not even Trump his friend supports the war.. So I'm surprised to see this.

And Finally Finally..

Supporting the Republican party is not Healthy..

They're simply Divisive.. Typical Trumpish Character.

Have a Great day. Lots of love

I’m sorry about the bolded.

Republicans house this time is all about political revenge, they want to do the same thing Dem did to Trump when he was in the White House. What they are about to do is called a smear campaign. They are united on that matter.

Here is another link as reported by cnn https://edition cnn com/2022/11/17/politics/house-republicans-white-house-hunter-biden/index.html

Have a great day too bro… all love from here too
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Father4all: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2022
After they have broken her husband's skull grin
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by sayso: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2022
fkj950ax:

There is no term limit to be a Rep.
She resigned as Speaker because her party doesn’t have enough votes to win the seat. Republicans have more seats.
She wasn’t Speaker for 35 years. She has been in the House for 35 years. There’s a difference.
She is still a representative until 202x, after which she has said she won’t contest elections again.
Did you understand my response?
I was stating a fact that politician just do not let go as is also practiced in Nigeria.
Why can't they(politician) spend just 4yrs and leave or seek no reelection.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by chinwe77: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2022
She's left with no choice actuallyShe's left with no choice actually...
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by VictorDivine: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
I will miss this admirable and courageous Pelosi.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by ifihearam: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Its time for us to impeach sleepy joe
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by fkj950ax(m): 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
sayso:

Did you understand my response?
I was stating a fact that politician just do not let go as is also practiced in Nigeria.
Why can't they(politician) spend just 4yrs and leave or seek no reelection.
Why 4 years?
What of 2 or 35 or 8 years?
If there is no law to that effect, then we can’t use our individual moral compass to judge them.
Then in nation building, 4 years is really a short time. Before all the rigmarole of the laws, and house rules and party dynamics etc, four years is here
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by MiaBeer(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
Teaser4:
It seems you have a problem with comprehension, read the comments very well. It’s self explanatory. I never said GOP is in good shape, I was only concerned about the House which they won. The aftermath will be fun cos they will go after Biden, same thing the Dems did when Trump was in the WH. That was a report from Reuters on what to expect. I never claimed I lived in USA, tho I don visit several times, so what’s your point. Focus on real matters and stop rambling.

Pls if you don’t have any meaningful reply, kindly stay off my mentions
I don’t argue with kitchen tables. How’s that? When you start living here, then we will talk. Until then, just be quiet, have your pvc handy and do the needful so you will have a meaningful life out there. Talk about stuff in Nigeria and what you have done to make a difference. Don’t worry about Biden and others like him ok.
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Teaser4(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
MiaBeer:

I don’t argue with kitchen tables. How’s that? When you start living here, then we will talk. Until then, just be quiet, have your pvc handy and do the needful so you will have a meaningful life out there. Talk about stuff in Nigeria and what you have done to make a difference. Don’t worry about Biden and others like him ok.
o

Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by MiaBeer(m): 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Teaser4:
You be certified mumu, when did you japa, e still dey shack you abi, scan through my profile first, mention me afterwards…. It seems na free mode Nairaland you dey use, cos first thing you suppose do before you cap, is check the profile of person wey you wan mention, to see if na troll or normal person…imagine na 2019 you hear about NL abi your main moniker got banned? How old were in you in 2009?

You think I’m one of those riffraffs wey dey watch cnn and come here to wannnk on America matter… The initial comment sef, isn’t original mine, I only reacted to the report I read on Reuters.

Kindly fvck off mention, na reuters matter we Dey talk you don turn am to pvc matters… God knows you fit be Dey somewhere in Edo State , but that’s none of my business, your life your headache… Abeg whenever you see comments from this moniker always resist the urge to quote me, you be learner
Your mumu is eating left over Amala and ewedu in ojodu. You mentioned me first and now telling me to stay off your mention. You don buy market be that! After dealing with my yabis, you will take a chill pill before mentioning folks here.
Losers like you should focus on politicians out there that are playing you like ping pong. So, look for something better to do with your sorry mumu life ok. If you need help in that area, let me know. Ok?
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by Eleyigidgan: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2022
God1000:
History will be kind to her, she's a strong woman that fought against anti democratic forces as speaker under unhinged Donald trump.

An extraordinary woman of courage, dedication, integrity and compassion, the most powerful speaker in US history, she served under three different presidents.

She worked so hard to strengthen democracy both in america and across the world, I remember her visit to Taiwan, Israel, Germany, Japan, south Korea, Armenia, Ukraine, Malaysia, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Moldova, Palestine and Singapore all this year.

She inspired me a lot
just keep your mouth shut..
you know nothing about this woman
Re: Nancy Pelosi Steps Down As Leader Of US House Democrats by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Cut Off
A.F. BRANCO on November 18, 2022 at 5:00 am

Nancy Pelosi Is Out

Nancy Pelosi has lost her position as Speaker of the House and given up her position as Democrat leader. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2022.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Germanwings Co-pilot "Deliberately" Crashed Plane! / Shooting At Munich Shopping Center In Germany, 6 Dead / Israel To Citizens: Supporters of our archenemy will be in Qatar, keep low profi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.