Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? (4098 Views)

Guys, What's The Most Brutal Rejection You Have Ever Received From A Lady? / What's The Most Expensive, Shocking Or Embarrassing Val Gift You Ever Received? / Ladies What's The Most Expensive Gift You've Ever Received From A Male? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Uptheante(m): 6:40am On Dec 05, 2022
That I should trust women

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by LittleBigDick(m): 11:50am On Dec 05, 2022
Laugh! Laugh, you sad souls! Life is too absurd not to.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Oyindamolah: 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
LittleBigDick:
Laugh! Laugh, you sad souls! Life is too absurd not to.
Your Monica smh
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Lonestar124: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
That investment is greater than savings.
Hahaha I thought am the only still doubting the advice

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:00am On Dec 07, 2022
Lonestar124:
Hahaha I thought am the only still doubting the advice
A very terrible advice that has wrecked so many lives. Best to always have ten times whatever you are investing as savings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by plat0: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
That investment is greater than savings.
naaa, it's not a bad advice, I understand where you're coming from. Genuine investment managers will tell you to invest in what you understand, your savings can be affected by inflation but your real estate investments and shares will always be priced at the prevailing rate. What about the passive income you get from those asset classes? So in essence you're saying we shouldn't invest, we should stack up cash in our accounts without sending the 'money on errands '. If one adheres to that school of thought, one will work till he's 70, 80, and possibly 90. savings is never enough, if you are earning $1M monthly, once the money stops coming, regardless of what you got in your savings you can go broke, invest in what you understand. Perhaps you think crypto is an investment, financial gurus like warren buffet and Charlie munger already spoke against cryptocurrency but as it is with the herd, they'll always go with the flow, anyone that has a contrary opinion is ostracized. If you are getting money now, learn about viable investments, I don't know about you but I don't plan to work forever.
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
plat0:
naaa, it's not a bad advice, I understand where you're coming from. Genuine investment managers will tell you to invest in what you understand, your savings can be affected by inflation but your real estate investments and shares will always be priced at the prevailing rate. What about the passive income you get from those asset classes? So in essence you're saying we shouldn't invest, we should stack up cash in our accounts without sending the 'money on errands '. If one adheres to that school of thought, one will work till he's 70s, 80s, and possibly 90's. Perhaps you think crypto is an investment, financial gurus like warren buffet and Charlie munger already spoke against cryptocurrency but as it is with the herd, they'll always go with the flow, anyone that has a contrary opinion is ostracized. If you getting money now, learn about viable investments, I don't know about you but I don't plan to work forever.

Investment is definitely important but not at the expense of savings. My believe is if you are investing 200k in anything you better have one million naira in liquid stuck somewhere. People underestimate savings o. It's what can save you if the investment dies or goes down.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by plat0: 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Investment is definitely important but not at the expense of savings. My believe is if you are investing 200k in anything you better have one million naira in liquid stuck somewhere. People underestimate savings o. It's what can save you if the investment dies or goes down.
What are some of the asset class you think one can invest in, I learnt not to put my money in asset classes that doesn't Pay dividends. That's the mistake people make, invest in things that has a positive cash flow, yes the investment might be worth less than the amount you got in at some point but if you're getting cash flow in form of rent or dividends you wouldn't feel it, and you don't just invest and go to sleep, you monitor your investment like a hawk. Crypto has zero cash flow, no dividends or rents.
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
plat0:
What are some of the asset class you think one can invest in, I learnt not to put my money in asset classes that doesn't Pay dividends. That's the mistake people make, invest in things that has a positive cash flow, yes the investment might be worth less than the amount you got in at some point but if you're getting cash flow in form of rent or dividends you wouldn't feel it, and you don't just invest and go to sleep, you monitor your investment like a hawk. Crypto has zero cash flow, no dividends or rents.

Honestly when I have seen real money it's gonna be real estate for me for Airbnb and Rentals.
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by plat0: 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Honestly when I have seen real money it's gonna be real estate for me for Airbnb and Rentals.
cool, another thing, really wealthy people are asset rich and cash poor anywhere in the world. Cash poor in sense that their assets outweighs their cash reserve.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by specialofficer: 10:37am On Dec 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na when one bad sickness wan kill your family member you go wish if you been get savings, yes investment is important but savings is importanter
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2022
specialofficer:
Na when one bad sickness wan kill your family member you go wish if you been get savings, yes investment is important but savings is importanter

Exactly anything can happen o. One should always have liquid cash stored up somewhere.
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by virginboy1(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
Wait for sex till Marriage! grin
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Oyindamolah: 5:13am On Dec 29, 2022
wink
tensazangetsu20:

A very terrible advice that has wrecked so many lives. Best to always have ten times whatever you are investing as savings.
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by LittleBigDick(m): 5:36am On Dec 29, 2022
Doing my PhD
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Chiraq77(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
Some one adviced me to use my Dad for Rituals

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Magnoliaa(f): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Chiraq77:
Some one adviced me to use my Dad for Rituals

Say watin?

Cruise abi for real?
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Chiraq77(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Say watin?

Cruise abi for real?

For Real

I Don't Bleep with him anymore tho.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Dshocker(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
Oyindamolah:
What's the worst piece of life advice you've ever received?

Mine was when someone i thought was my friend back in 2021 asked me to vote for APC in 2023, it was at that point i got to know he never meant well for me.

But to the glory of God and the wisdom of King Solomon, i will be voting for Labour Party.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Oyindamolah: 6:45am On Jan 01, 2023
grin
Dshocker:

Mine was when someone i thought was my friend back in 2021 asked me to vote for APC in 2023, it was at that point i got to know he never meant well for me.

But to the glory of God and the wisdom of King Solomon, i will be voting for Labour Party.
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Prosperity4All: 11:00am On Mar 14, 2023
plat0:

1. your savings can be affected by inflation
2. your real estate investments and shares will always be priced at the prevailing rate.
3. What about the passive income you get from those asset classes?
4. financial gurus like warren buffet and Charlie munger already spoke against cryptocurrency

Solid points you made up there. Fixed assets are great because like Warren says, Your land will make money for you every year for 100 years and you still have it. And at an improved value. But you can't say same for the equivalent cash saved in the bank for 100 years.
However on Crypto just like Robert Kiyosaki I tend to differ from Warren. A recent video of an ongoing debate between Robert and Kiyosaki is quite revealing for anyone trying to understand investment portfolios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7HtLQ7dCI
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Blupen(m): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
Divoc19:
Nobody will help you in life
It's true nah
abi person don help you??
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Divoc19(f): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
I get help other times but..I don't usually get help when I need it. cryIt's painful cry
Blupen:
It's true nah
abi person don help you??
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Blupen(m): 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Divoc19:
I get help other times but..I don't usually get help when I need it. cryIt's painful cry
You are even lucky you get help other times, here we don't get help before time, after time or even any time at all
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Divoc19(f): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
Do we say am lucky.
My daughter died on 31st January because I didn't get help of 5k. She was later hospitalized
on Tuesday but I had no money to complete her test and drugs at the hospital. But I got an alert of 100k 30minutes after she died on Tuesday by 12:30pm cry
Am I lucky?
Am still battling with the shock of everything

Blupen:
You are even lucky you get help other times, here we don't get help before time, after time or even any time at all
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Blupen(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2023
Divoc19:
Do we say am lucky.
My daughter died on 31st January because I didn't get help of 5k. She was later hospitalized
on Tuesday but I had no money to complete her test and drugs at the hospital. But I got an alert of 100k 30minutes after she died on Tuesday by 12:30pm cry
Am I lucky?
Am still battling with the shock of everything

Am so sorry dear
i don't even know what to say, how are you holding up??
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Divoc19(f): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
Am holding. It ain't easy.
Thanks
Blupen:
Am so sorry dear
i don't even know what to say, how are you holding up??
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Blupen(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
Divoc19:
Am holding. It ain't easy. Thanks
I can only imagine, are you married??
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Divoc19(f): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
After these lies...am finally and totally off.
Blupen:
I can only imagine, are you married??
Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Blupen(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2023
Divoc19:
After these lies...am finally and totally off.
Wow, lols you are funny grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? by Oyindamolah: 11:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Business is dangerous

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Trust A Girl / Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? / Should A Student Have A Gf /bf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.