Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like (824 Views)

Here Are Things My Future Wife Would Never Do. / Ladies, Name That Thing Men Wear Which You Don't Like. / 'Pretty Girls Don't Like Fine Guys, We Like Ugly Guys Who Dress Nice'- Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 12:18am On Nov 20, 2022
One thing I'll never understand is why Nigerian people on social media say things like "you think people migrate just because of Money?" Be reminded that these set of people borrowed up to #20M and sold all properties to fund their relocation o. If money isn't the only reasons I'm in the west, what else? You think I like the loneliness, cold and the grumpy feelings of missing people, food, culture I left back home? Most of y'all think abroad is as rosy as you are made to believe by the media.

One thing I also noticed is that people say things like this when they get to abroad and notice that making money and saving large part of that money is not as easy as they thought, then you see them saying "I relocate to make a better Life for my unborn kids" not to enjoy or make money. I just tell them shut up bro, we all know how it works
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Osewa03: 12:22am On Nov 20, 2022
I've been here for more than 5yrs. Still, I visit Nigeria every year. In fact,I Just returned. Just can't wait to make cool dough and get the Bleep out of here. All those useless"I relocate for my unborn kids no apply to me" I just want to live first. Let's not lie and pretend that there are no aspects of Nigeria we all missed. I just missed the warm reception, good weather, eating nice food, going out whenever I like because the weather is okay and not damn freezing

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by shortgun(m): 12:58am On Nov 20, 2022
Relocating "Abroad" is for people who have failed in the country....
The amount spent on flight alone is enough to give a sensible person a source of income for years in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Goshiii: 5:07am On Nov 20, 2022
Osewa03:
One thing I'll never understand is why Nigerian people on social media say things like "you think people migrate just because of Money?" Be reminded that these set of people borrowed up to #20M and sold all properties to fund their relocation o. If money isn't the only reasons I'm in the west, what else? You think I like the loneliness, cold and the grumpy feelings of missing people, food, culture I left back home? Most of y'all think abroad is as rosy as you are made to believe by the media.

One thing I also noticed is that people say things like this when they get to abroad and notice that making money and saving large part of that money is not as easy as they thought, then you see them saying "I relocate to make a better Life for my unborn kids" not to enjoy or make money. I just tell them shut up bro, we all know how it works
There is no need to give people like that audience, because they have 2nd class citizen mentality.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Goshiii: 5:09am On Nov 20, 2022
shortgun:
The amount spent on flight alone is enough to give a sensible person a source of income for years in this country.
You have a good point, but I won't classify anyone with Japa fever as a failure because one doesn't know their reason for that mindset.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Peterrio: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
shortgun:

Maybe na only 20k u Don see for your life

How can flight ticket of 700k give you source of income for life?

2 Likes

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by shortgun(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
Peterrio:

Maybe na only 20k u Don see for your life

How can flight ticket of 700k give you source of income for life?
Let's assume you will spend 700k to go and become a slave in a White man's country.
Sensible people will turn that 700k to millions in a few years.

As for how much I've seen, with your mentality I am confident that you are in the bottom of the food chain.
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Nonexisting1: 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
Thread for people in Canada to come and wail. If cold too much for you people, come back home. People in countries like Morocco no dey too lament, na una wey dey better country. Meanwhile, we no dey leave this jungle. I'm too big now to go and be doing care job for oyibo land. I'll rather be king here than boy boy for there. Drink when I want and carry olosho when I want with nobody using one yeye law to tie me down.

1 Like

Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Naijaisshitho: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Thread for people in Canada to come and wail. If cold too much for you people, come back home. People in countries like Morocco no dey too lament, na una wey dey better country. Meanwhile, we no dey leave this jungle. I'm too big now to go and be doing care job for oyibo land. I'll rather be king here than boy boy for there. Drink when I want and carry olosho when I want with nobody using one yeye law to tie me down.

The OP is actually making sense. I understand him. I just don't like the way he's presenting it
Re: Things My Friends Say About Abroad That I Don't Like by Peterrio: 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
shortgun:

Let's assume you will spend 700k to go and become a slave in a White man's country.
Sensible people will turn that 700k to millions in a few years.

As for how much I've seen, with your mentality I am confident that you are in the bottom of the food chain.

Simple question, "how?"

(1) (Reply)

Will I Still Be Here If My Dad Married Someone Else Instead Of My Mum?? / Men Let's Have A Short Conversation What Would Make You Ghost A Lady You Were So / How Do You Cheat In A Relationship Without Feeling Guilt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.