Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos (48293 Views)

See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina / See The ₦600 Fish I Bought In Ibadan (Photo) / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Realist777: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:
After justice was done cheesy

Pocohantas come and lick stew and forget your crypt0 loss tongue tongue
Na me lose for crypto pass oh!
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by BeanmanX(m): 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
xup bro.
longtime
My guy, how u dey? smiley
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Parachoko: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:

Fishing lisence can be gotten for bigger fishing vessels

Besides the laws are hardly enforced as Chinese fish around our ocean without getting caught
I thought the Govt have put an end to this
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
The fish cheap o. Abi na my eye?
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Oceanjagaban: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:
So I was craving fish stew and literally dragged myself to the market. I got this tiny fish for 1200, paid with pain in my chest and left grin.

Location; Lagos. Will you get it cheaper in your state?

It is well with us in this country.
Wetin that poor innocent fish do you wey you cut am like that,come cook am eat...
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by castrokins(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
#700 In Calabar. And By Calabar, I Mean Cross River State Capital.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by sync(f): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
It’s so fresh. I would say it’s a good buy
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Heterodox(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
You were not forced to buy it.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Aguogba(m): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:
So I was craving fish stew and literally dragged myself to the market. I got this tiny fish for 1200, paid with pain in my chest and left grin.

The problem is that this is not Mackerel as many people assume. They secretly reduced the importation of mackerel as it was becoming too expensive and introduced this crossbreed since early 2000s. Real mackerel has fewer number of fins. Original mackerel is expensive and difficult to find now but it is sweeter and very oily and has no bones in the flesh like it's crossbreed.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by LagosIsForIgbos: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
membranus:

Sorry, why this marital law?
Prevents overfishing and protect some vulnerable or near-extinct species.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by JooEeL(m): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:

So you want us to pity una abi?

4 years from now, better get ready to buy it for 3k...or abandon it altogether.

They were mocking us then as those who dn't have sense; today they're lamenting and hiding behind self-consoling words "It is well with country"... hoping that some states even have it worse, so that they can at least glory in their misery.

E e ti ri nkan nkan... cool

1 Like

Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by LagosIsForIgbos: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2022
membranus:

Which overfishing, where are the fishing trawlers to overfish in the country?

If you ask me, Na who I go ask?
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by TheDictatorNd: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:

that should cost about 600 here
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Midemi1: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Wife material...
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Ofemmanu1: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
This one na N400 @ Agege Market.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by JAGS001(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2022
This fish isn't happy why are you exposing him or her what happen to privacy grin grin
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Patiks: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hopez456:
It seems you were ripped off. 1200 ordinarily ought to get you two pieces of fish. i.e #600 per 1.

No way. I was even begging for that of N800 on Saturday. Everybody said N1,000 last last. It wasn't even big sef.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by blackmantis: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Fish sellers are so SELFISH!

Just imagine.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by porthouse7(f): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:

if u like cut am to 20 piece, na same belle e go enter
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by CoolJul: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2022
[quote author=HarlequinLekex post=118538260]These fish sellers just dey rip naijans because of dollar don increase, how dollar take affect their businesses. They don't even export sef. Tufiakwa.
Nigeria or naija which way? [[img][/img]/quote] it's not the sellers fault because they too will have to pay heavily from whatever gain they make for every other stuffs they consume or services get.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by BigBizzy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
simplepee:

You never see anything ...nntoooorrrrr!

If you like vote the drug lord in, this is just the beginning.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by occfx: 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
LagosIsForIgbos:

Togo gets steady supply of fish, although its subsistence in nature.

Conclusion, we are suffering the Nigerian factor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by hassan4: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
undecided

The strangest part of Nigerian Laziness is Lagos is literarily bordered by Atlantic Ocean , Home of different kind of fishes, yet a fish cost 1200

Only in Nigerian waters will a fish live it full natural maturity age without any fisherman catching it till it turns to great grandfather fish, retires and later dies
There aren't Titus or Mackerel in Nigeria's coastal waters. Mostly bony fishes. It's true our fishing sector is highly untapped.

Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Cantonese: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
undecided

The strangest part of Nigerian Laziness is Lagos is literarily bordered by Atlantic Ocean , Home of different kind of fishes, yet a fish cost 1200

Only in Nigerian waters will a fish live it full natural maturity age without any fisherman catching it till it turns to great grandfather fish, retires and later dies

And you are a very serious part of that laziness.

Why not become a professional fisherman? At least you can make some money from fishing before you become a grandfather.

Always talking jagbajantis.
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Lashist(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:

Be like say you no get eyes to see say na one idiot I reply

Always showing your stupidity everywhere...have you imagined training your kids with this your foolish character?? Everything about you is politics and tribal bigotry...you have to learn to be less stupid. If you are more than 30yrs and still this stupid, you are a lost case
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by CoolJul: 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2022
[quote author=HarlequinLekex post=118538260]These fish sellers just dey rip naijans because of dollar don increase, how dollar take affect their businesses. They don't even export sef. Tufiakwa.
Nigeria or naija which way? [[img][/img]/quote] it's not the sellers fault because they too will have to pay heavily from whatever gain they make for every other stuffs they consume or services get.

If the profit they make for one week (or say 10 cartons) used to carry them through 5days before but now it barely carry them for 2days, what do you expect them to do if not to increase their
sales price so that they can meet up with the harsh economic weather?
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Nnamaka1: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
undecided

I think it's because we are so superstitious. Therefore we are so reluctant to explore and conquer our territory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Aliou007(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Your camera is WOW! What phone did you use for thia pictures?
simplepee:

Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by Dpundict: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
This will cost #1,550 (if it is a kilogram)here is the Abijo area of lagos so you were lucky
Re: See The ₦‎1,200 Titus Fish I Bought In Lagos by jetoraphy(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Tomatoes Of #300 My Wife Bought / How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? / Soldiers Kill Monitor Lizard In Borno For Pepper Soup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.