Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,284 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? (1414 Views)

How Can I Handle Depression ? / When Was Your First Heartbreak And How Did You Handle It? / As A Guy, How Do You Handle A Woman Who Is Not Impressed By Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by zexy2030(m): 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
Depression1011:
Looking at the comments on front page about the oko poly student that kill himself because of her girlfriend and I discover that an average Nigerian don't know the power of depression, mental health challenges and probably thinks everyone laughing outside is a actually happy inside.
Have been in serious depression and anxiety for a good 10years that make me drop out the university, I walk around hopelessly, I'm in pains everyday, I can't think straight, everything in life is meaningless to me, my own life is meaningless to me at that time that ending it all is the best solution, I can't concentrate, my brain is hijacked.

But whenever I feel like ending it all, I always pity my mother, that woman have tried for me, she have suffer for me In life, she did everything for me, she go through pains I can't pay her back this way and the is just is the only thing that keep me holding on.

But the day I started challenging my emotions I fought in pains with a lot of the determinations.

Depression is not easy u will always try to hold on to something as a source of happiness if u are even strong enough. That girl is probably the only source of happiness Left for him!!!!
Being muscular doesn't mean u cannot have depression
Being rich doesn't means u can't have depression
It doesn't show on face
That lady/guy always laughing.anf feeling confident doesn't mean she/he is Happy inside

Mental health challenges is real!!!!!

Share your experience

The solution is simple, just look for more depressed persons than yourself, make them happy. For instance, you need money, u r broke, look for broke people than urself, share whatever little u have at that time. You will see how happy your little can make someone hopeful.
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by Sweetvie: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Well, for me I can't say I got depressed
Let just say sad or lonely
Most times I just listened to music and take a stroll along my suburb or go to a party and dance... I love dancing whenever i feel so sad it calm me down a lot smiley
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by Finnese001: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
zexy2030:
the only antedote to depression is looking for someone more depressed than you, try and make the person smile. You won't know how urs left. We give what we hope to get. Looking for relief,? Give relieve. Looking for happiness, give happiness, give out whatever u looking for. That's the irony that solves depression.

You might be right though, but I know what caused mine, it has to do with my emotions, but it's all good sha
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by Lastpharoah33: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2022
zexy2030:

The solution is simple, just look for more depressed persons than yourself, make them happy. For instance, you need money, u r broke, look for broke people than urself, share whatever little u have at that time. You will see how happy your little can make someone hopeful.

You are on point,

Humans are social beings, they need to interact with each other to attain the best of themselves. Unfortunately, this interaction have been thoroughly abused or should I say, misunderstood in this current dispensation.

1 Like

Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by Mermaid123: 12:26am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Go get help..... seek the aide of a professional mental health therapist and start working towards improving your quality of life. undecided

You can do something about it.

THANKS
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Nov 29, 2022
zexy2030:

And when those same people he helps turn up yet again to demand even more help ---- more money, gifts, etc., ---- from him, he then becomes more miserable that he approached them in the first place? undecided

Look, helping others is great but it is not a cure for depression. Because after it all, you will go back home to find depression still waiting with arms wide open for you in your bed of house. undecided
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by olaeffect(m): 12:57am On Nov 29, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Depression is real asf. My secret is weed. Please don’t try to masturbate when depressed coz it worsens’ it.

A good indica will help alter or drift your mind away from your scr*we’d up life, at least for that moment.
Weed is therapeutic to the soul, sadly lots of folks don’t know this.

I have never smoked weed in my life, been afraid of it since a course mate of mine almost ran mad in 1993, the guy was out of his mind for good 2 days grin
But with the legalization of weed in the West, it medicinal use cannot be overlooked.
I strongly believe that it is better to smoke weed than commit suicide.
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by PerfectStranger(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2022
olaeffect:

I have never smoked weed in my life, been afraid of it since a course mate of mine almost ran mad in 1993, the guy was out of his mind for good 2 days grin
But with the legalization of weed in the West, it medicinal use cannot be overlooked.
I strongly believe that it is better to smoke weed than commit suicide.
Wow 1993? That’s a long time. How old are you now?
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by olaeffect(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Wow 1993? That’s a long time. How old are you now?

I beg no make me feel old ooo.
I am still young at heart grin
Just last week a 29yr old lady referred to me as daddy undecided, not uncle ooo.
She said: "please help me thank that daddy that helped me yesterday" e mi daddy
Re: Is Depression Real? How Did You Handle Depression? by PerfectStranger(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2022
olaeffect:

I beg no make me feel old ooo.
I am still young at heart grin
Just last week a 29yr old lady referred to me as daddy undecided, not uncle ooo.
She said: "please help me thank that daddy that helped me yesterday" e mi daddy
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lady Slept With Her Ex Few Weeks Before She Got Married. / Lady With Figure Eight Whines It For Fans / Best Pick-up Lines When Wooing A Lady! Share Yours Guys!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.