Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? (4683 Views)

Celebrating Mediocrity In Nigeria By Femke Van Zeijl / The Mediocrity In The Nigerian Government / Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 28, 2011
If poverty is a state of mind, d cure has to be to feed d mind with d right stuff she. D antonym 4 mediocrity is what? I think of responsibility. To have a good name among other people, growth. Values, like kaestro said. But 2 digress a bit, when i think of Lagos, it is more open than d rest of Nigeria 2 d world. I think dat is one of it is developing a faster rate, because if anybody is going to come 2 Nigeria 2 do anything, it is either Lagos or Abuja. So it has to make a good 1st impression.
Re: Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 28, 2011
After stepping out of NN airport in Abuja or d one in Lagos, you are left to discover d the rest of Nigeria for yourself. ?Finally, to answer the question, I will say yes and no. 50% glorify mediocrity, the other 50% don't. To continue my rambling, Nigeria is going to grow, no doubt, just think of all d 'enlightened' people and all the 'enlightenment' taking place. But another question is when we mature, what next?
Re: Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 28, 2011
On what GEJ should do, there was a post on NL talking about how GEJ was promising to decongest Lagos and make the development more even. One of the many things that he should do, but some people are to make sure he doesn't get to do anything se. The UN bombing has diverted his attention.
Re: Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? by ektbear: 3:30am On Aug 28, 2011
I'm lost.

Why would anyone make that same statement about GEJ and Nigeria? At least a few would argue that the FG isn't spending money wisely or is stealing it.

I don't get the impression here that people are accusing Oshiomhole of corruption, more of incompetence/misplaced priorities/etc.

If the above three sentences are correct, then how does what you wrote relate?
Re: Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Aug 28, 2011
WOW . . .  Is this not the same Nairaland where MAJORITY accuse Jonathan MORE OF incompetence/misplaced priorities/etc

Let's try this again . . . .

kobojunkie:

I don't get the impression here that people are accusing[b] Jonathan[/b] of corruption, more of incompetence/misplaced priorities/etc.

If the above three sentences are correct, then how does what you wrote relate?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Updates Of Cross River Guber Election / About Jonathan And His Aclaimed Universities. / Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.