Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25605 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You and I don't obviously believe in the same God hence your deity is not my deity. So, Kindly get back to simply answering the question asked instead of writing these epistles to nowhere. undecided

A. So, in believing in your deity, you do not need to obey him as he requires nothing from you and gives you nothing since all you have is meaninglessness to contend with, right? undecided

2. Please avoid fhe many time wasting rehearing and try to stick to subject abeg! undecided

B. If there is nothing but meaninglessness with your deity, what exactly would there be to be scared of? Why even bother acknowledging the existence of the deity, to begin with, if it all amounts to meaninglessness for you? undecided

3. What deity created all yet preferring one tribe? undecided

If you are trying to assert this of the God of Israel, then I am afraid you are mistaken as His plan from even before He conscripted the descendants if Israel was to save people from every language, every tribe and every nation for Himself by using Israel. undecided

4. If you are referring to that written in the National Constitution that is written to have been given by God to the people of Israel, then , again, I am afraid you misconstrue the essence of that Law to the people. That Constitution was designed with many of the same Laws of engage that existed at the time between Nations. The Egyptians, Babylonians,Philistines, Hittites nations of the time had pretty similar laws in the own constitution if you looked carefully. So why not the Nation of Israel? undecided

God added His forever laws, to what seemed the typical Constitution of a Nation at that time, with promise that if the people would diligently obey Him by adopting and obeying the Constitution, He would raise them above all other nations of the earth. And we all know how that has been going so far. undecided

5. I don't follow at all. undecided

6. He didn't change at all. Nor did He suddenly decide to save the other tribes either. undecided

Look, all this does is reveal is you have never in fact read the book without blinders on. Try it someday and you might be shocked.. undecided

Okay

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Janosky: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1594700545155076097?s=20&t=sy718DsZXHMp8T3THItG_Q

Whoever wants to deceive himself is very free to deceive himself.

I come in peace. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.