Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25613 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Judybash93(m): 1:18am On Nov 22, 2022
wiseone28:
You will know you need one when you can't open your eyes anymore or move your body.

Why would he need it by then when he doesn't need it now... undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Judybash93(m): 1:20am On Nov 22, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok suit yourself but now I realise that old age doesn't define wisdom a man of 85years with great experience and knowledge of the universe can still be foolish human, because only God can give u accurate information about himself and his creation..It takes a higher being to led lower beings into true life experiences...RIP dad we love you

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Judybash93(m): 1:21am On Nov 22, 2022
africandollar:
My namesake Wole has been saying this even while I was a youth…personally I pray he sees the light before he goes to the other side but yes, every man has the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

He has seen the light!
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Judybash93(m): 1:23am On Nov 22, 2022
Realist777:

God exists but religion is just a political tool used by the arabs and the wests

Prove that god or any god at all exists
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Franky9584(m): 1:57am On Nov 22, 2022
But on a more serious note, Religion has been the major problem we HV in this country. No wonder Karl Marx regard it as the opium of the people
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by temitope27(m): 2:18am On Nov 22, 2022
davodyguy:

How?

Which Religion are they practicing in China?
Buddha
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by wirinet(m): 2:21am On Nov 22, 2022
Franky9584:
But on a more serious note, Religion has been the major problem we HV in this country. No wonder Karl Marx regard it as the opium of the people

Not just the Opium of the people, but a prison you cannot touch or feel, a prison for the mind. It turns ordinary reasonable people into mindless and helpless zombies to be exploited at will.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 2:30am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Sin is defined by God's Law, Adam and Eve lived in obedience of God's Law meaning they committed no evil(sin) against God during the time which you point out. So it wasn't that all was OK but instead that they obeyed God aka did not sin(disobey) God. undecided

2. Innocent of what exactly ? undecided

According to scripture, God condemned all unbelieving of mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 saying, From dust you were made and to dust you shall return when you die, meaning that even a newborn when it dies is returned to dust when it dies - no afterlife or eternity. So, when you say it is not responsible for its actions, you have to explain exactly what you mean. undecided

What's your number? Let me call you let's discuss. Just got back from work, so exhausted. I don't think I have any strength left to type
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Nov 22, 2022
Nnamaka1:
What's your number? Let me call you let's discuss. Just got back from work, so exhausted. I don't think I have any strength left to type
I am afraid I am not local at all. You can always respond whenever you are able to. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 2:39am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I am not local at all. You can always respond whenever you are able to. undecided

Am not local too. Based in the states
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Nov 22, 2022
Nnamaka1:
Am not local too. Based in the states
Just go ahead and respond when you are able to. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:38am On Nov 22, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Using Airtel SIM dial *141#
Then it will display
1 my offer
2 my area, choose this and u get the next page to activate your 20gb for 3 thousand.

Note: I just opened your eyes. Remember to thank me

when did u buy your sim??

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Successkay12(m): 3:42am On Nov 22, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

His foolish for making his choice? Just imagine if it was china that colonized Nigeria, what u do think u guys will adopt as your religion? Always mind your speech and stop abusing people over their opinions
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Laeroy(f): 5:13am On Nov 22, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:

That's the WORK of God's Holy Spirit that only through Jesus could be gotten, so stop meddling in such matters that's a warning now in order for you not to loose your senses completely due to mockery of God's works.
Next time you may loose it completely and nah psychiatrist home you go find yourself.

Be warned! undecided

I don't believe he exists, now kill yourself....

She - goat.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by AlphaTaikun: 5:13am On Nov 22, 2022
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by blingxx(m): 5:27am On Nov 22, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok suit yourself but now I realise that old age doesn't define wisdom a man of 85years with great experience and knowledge of the universe can still be foolish human, because only God can give u accurate information about himself and his creation..It takes a higher being to led lower beings into true life experiences...RIP dad we love you

FYI the pple that gave you this wisdom are the same pple that enslaved your ancestors .. we have over a month e angry1000 religions on Earth , it's a fucking choice stop making it a big deal

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by blingxx(m): 5:31am On Nov 22, 2022
charlesdinho7:
people who are very brilliant do not believe in the existence of God. Soyinka is an educated fool

Mention one .. I dare you to mention one undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by blingxx(m): 5:34am On Nov 22, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
Wole Soyinka learn from Tai Solarin who was an atheist, while here on earth. Tai didn't believe in God but his last words while he was dying in his sick bed in a Lagos hospital, was "God help me" Before one's death angels or demons will surround the person to welcome the person home and Tai cried out unto God whom he didn't believe in to help him when he saw the demons coming to welcome him into the spiritual wicked world for not believing in his Maker.

I never knew you were there on his death bed Tell me more tongue
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:50am On Nov 22, 2022
Laeroy:

I don't believe he exists, now kill yourself....
She - goat.

Good!
Next time don't confuse yourself trying to make sense out of nonsense, nobody will flog you if you say you don't believe in God but when some idiots takes you seriously then we will have to tell them that you're foolish like Wọle Soyinka. Period! smiley
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55am On Nov 22, 2022
etrouble:

A man nobody in your generation will never be up to

What has he contributed to your countries?

Ọmọ some of you just wake up thinking when someone wins an award he has done something worthy of emulation.

He only became a professor in philosophy and that can and will never do you or your country any good take it or leave it! wink
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Laeroy(f): 6:01am On Nov 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Good!
Next time don't confuse yourself trying to make sense out of nonsense, nobody will flog you if you say you don't believe in God but when some idiots takes you seriously then we will have to tell them that you're foolish like Wọle Soyinka. Period! smiley

Now I believe in God, thankfully I'm now as wise as you parents .....

Ewu.....
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:02am On Nov 22, 2022
lebron7:

Lol
A noble prize winning playwright is foolish?

"Noble prize" that has brought nothing good to you or your country.
Abeg shey all you people are atheists sha or you just don't know the meaning of God's word?

In his haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation; All his thoughts are: “There is no God.” Psalms 10:4

So don't think i'm the one calling the stupid fool what he really is rather it's the Bible God's word that i echoed:

The FOOL hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

According to God's word such a man has no KNOWLEDGE or WISDOM! Proverbs 1:7; 9:10 wink
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by chysam: 6:04am On Nov 22, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy
What makes him a foolish man?
Can you do explain?
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06am On Nov 22, 2022
Laeroy:

Now I believe in God, thankfully I'm now as wise as you parents .....
Ewu.....

My parents aren't even believers so you failed woefully, i'm not a fan of nepotism if my own father or mother acts foolishly i won't hesitate to tell him/her

"dad/mum that's foolishness on your path"

Ọmọ nobody will tell you that with LOVE so try to cherish those who will always tell you the truth no matter how bitter it is! smiley
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by CoolAmbience(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

How is he foolish?

What do understand by religion?

People wearing fancy clothes, acting all solemn and sober, and gathering at worship houses on set days? Only to do extreme things against other humans the next minute...

People's personal mythologies are much stronger, and benefitting to humanity than your so-called religions.

I am with Soyinka on this. I, personally, do not care about religion.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So is there more than one creator, is that what you believe? Recall this started off as a question regarding the creator of evil. undecided

When you say God, everyone looks at Christianity. But the God of Israel is localized, it is only given to interpretations by the jews, he is no different from how Odin is to the Vikings or Zeus to the Greeks.

I should have made that clearer...

So, there is the Creator. The Creator is not only genderless but doesn't pick one over another, nor punishes, being that good and evil are the same thing but polarized, none is to be rewarded or punished for.

2. This all still doesn't make sense to me. undecided
I pitched the creator against God i.e God of Israel.

3. To know what? Recreate what? How do you recreate who you are when the version that is you is the one you work with until you die? undecided

To explore, do whatever you may, recreate and create anything you want of your life. You may not understand how powerful the mind is. You see the mind brings about everything from the cars to shirts.

[/quote]
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 7:17am On Nov 22, 2022
Roycemadeit:
1. When you say God, everyone looks at Christianity. But the God of Christianity is localized, it is only given to interpretations by those who follow it, it is no different from Odin or Eledumare. I should have made that clearer... So, there is the creator. The creator is not only genderless but doesn't pick one over another, nor punishes, being that good and evil are the same thing but polarized, none is to be rewarded or punished for.

2. I pitched the creator against God i.e God of Israel.

3. To explore, do whatever you may, recreate and create anything you want of your life. You may not understand how powerful the mind is. You see the mind brings about everything from the cars to shirts.
1. Notice how you don't really answer the question asked? undecided

I asked if it isn't the one creator of good that also created evil? Is there more than one creator? undecided

2. If you don't believe in the deity described in scripture, that is fine. No need to pitch your deity against any others. Simply asking questions here to ascertain your belief is all. undecided

3. You "create" all these things, all of which eventually end up in the landfill, polluting the sea and earth with no end in sight - this is the meaning of existence? This what amounts to a cycle of meaningless is what you consider the meaning of life? undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by wiseone28: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2022
Judybash93:

Why would he need it by then when he doesn't need it now... undecided
I mean he will get to realize he needed it while alive
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Aemmyjah(m): 7:27am On Nov 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"Noble prize" that has brought nothing good to you or your country.
Abeg shey all you people are atheists sha or you just don't know the meaning of God's word?

In his haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation; All his thoughts are: “There is no God.” Psalms 10:4

So don't think i'm the one calling the stupid fool what he really is rather it's the Bible God's word that i echoed:

The FOOL hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

According to God's word such a man has no KNOWLEDGE or WISDOM! Proverbs 1:7; 9:10 wink

The funniest part is that these ones feel they are wise in their own eyes but how foolish they are in God's eyes and those who worship him.
You're right brother
Let him win all the Nobel prizes, let him bring all the trophies to Nigeria including the world cup? How will it benefit the citizens?
There are other writers in Nigeria, we have Achebe who I've always rates as my greatest African writer, we also have Chinmanda Adichie and the rest. These ones are also intelligent and profess a belief in God, still, Jehovah does not need man to openly profess belief in him to prove he exists. He is not like other false gods we have.
So those who openly profess atheists or something are already a minus in His eyes. Is that not what Satan wants?

I'm not sure Soyinka is professing Atheism or maybe I did not read his comments well, I tink he's just being irreligious
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2022
chysam:

What makes him a foolish man?
Can you do explain?

CoolAmbience:

How is he foolish?
What do understand by religion?

When people hear the word "RELIGION" what comes to your mind?
Is it what the people do or what God said?
How do you distinguish between what God said and what people do due to their selfish cravings?

Well that man is FOOLISH because just like billions in the world he made no investigations but based on the bad attitude of people around him he ran a conclusion on religion. Psalms 10:4
There is ORIGINAL and FAKE money do you think it's wise to conclude that there's nothing useful in money because of the prevalence of counterfeit money?

This man pursued a career rated by the white supremacists and won an award then became wise in his own eyes always talking trash while his schoolmates who also did the same are looting the treasury box only for him to start speaking the white man's language as if that's what will stop the evil or hinder those looters.

He keeps making statements that's of no use all because he refused to acknowledge the one and only true God who said:

So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter. Ecclesiastes 4:1

All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt. Ecclesiastes 8:9

What is the essence of his worldly philosophy when he's caged in a corner only to become a basket mouth whose utterances only brings more pain to the masses?

For your information, each time people like him utter any word those in politics only restrategize to make life harder for the people because they will work towards making his statements useless. They don't believe in God just as he himself doesn't but they're wiser {Luke 16:8} in the sense that they pretend to be religious so as to gain the support of gullible masses but in their hearts they are real atheists! 2Timothy 3:5

So his statements only rings a bell in the hears of unbelievers who are carried away with the foolishness of this system of things, he knows next to nothing when it comes to religion and politics! undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2022
Aemmyjah:

The funniest part is that these ones feel they are wise in their own eyes but how foolish they are in God's eyes and those who worship him.
You're right brother
Let him win all the Nobel prizes, let him bring all the trophies to Nigeria including the world cup? How will it benefit the citizens?
There are other writers in Nigeria, we have Achebe who I've always rates as my greatest African writer, we also have Chinmanda Adichie and the rest. These ones are also intelligent and profess a belief in God, still, Jehovah does not need man to openly profess belief in him to prove he exists. He is not like other false gods we have.
So those who openly profess atheists or something are already a minus in His eyes. Is that not what Satan wants?

I'm not sure Soyinka is professing Atheism or maybe I did not read his comments well, I tink he's just being irreligious

He's just as confused as many of his colleagues in philosophy who made no investigations about God. So he wants to sit on the fence. The last time politicians played a fast one on Nigerians regarding the condition of late Imaru Yah adua, the imams travelled and came back to tell Nigerians that the man is alive, the pastors did the same, delegates of the African Union and United Nations did the same and brought the same report only for uncle Wole to say Traditionalists should go as well that he will believe the report of Traditionalists. If truly he is wise he should have known that there is no truth in politics you can only know the truth when they turn against one another and that is if you're listening not to what they say but reading their actions!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.