Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25608 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Backlaw406:

you're extremist. You too self is not worthy to be a christian.

Police will always be an extremist in the eyes of bandits and bandits never see that they themselves are extremists.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

In other words you are looking for people who do not know more than you to deceive with your crap.
No. In other words, I have been here long enough to note the dumb theists on nairaland, and you sir are chief among them. Besides what is to be gained in wrestling with pigs? Say hi to the other idiot that can't end a sentence without dropping undecided

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
No. In other words, I have been here long enough to note the dumb theists on nairaland, and you sir are chief among them. Besides what is to be gained in wrestling with pigs? Say hi to the other idiot that can't end a sentence without dropping undecided

See, the insult has begun because you now remembered that you in the past you had nothing valid to say when I countered you and till the world ends you can never have any valid and reasonable thing to say. So you are just running away as you should do.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nnamaka1:

Which of the gods said this brother? Definitely not the one known as the Almighty God/The MOST HIGH GOD

You have to be very wary of something bro. Even when we claim to be godless, we are actually serving a god whose mode of religion is godless. .

The world today is planting selfishness and evil but wants to harvest good things. Not possible na

This is how much I understand of this complicated world

Can anything exist without God? If nothing can exist without God... Then selfishness and evil are of God... Delete the idea of good or bad when you imagine God... That's religion...

Even the idea of serving God is still Religion...
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by AkinwaleJJ(f): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2022
Laeroy:

Well I' didn't articulate my thoughts properly, but now you know I believe he does exist ....Shikena

That's the WORK of God's Holy Spirit that only through Jesus could be gotten, so stop meddling in such matters that's a warning now in order for you not to loose your senses completely due to mockery of God's works.
Next time you may loose it completely and nah psychiatrist home you go find yourself.

Be warned! undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Damn! Where did you get this? Is that how far gone in stupidity that you are accustomed to it?

That is why you people are destruction worthy. Your stupidity is beyond measurement and irreparable.

Well, you are the one who is...
Otherwise you won't defends belief?
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Well, you are the one who is...
Otherwise you won't defends belief?

See dodging and transfer of burden of proof.

Are you not already defending your belief in the stupidity of the belief that God appeased Himself by commuting the fallacy of switching the burden?

Just lay silent, you have no thing reasonable to say.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:
1. Can anything exist without God? If nothing can exist without God... Then selfishness and evil are of God... Delete the idea of good or bad when you imagine God... That's religion...

2. Even the idea of serving God is still Religion...
1. But God is creator of all things meaning Evil was also created by God. undecided

2. Wrong! God gave men a Law, Jesus Christ, and serving God, as God made clear from the beginning of scripture means obeying God's Law. Same way you would obey the Law of the land you live in, God calls on men to serve Him through trust and obedience of His Law. undecided.

Religion, however, is based, not on Law but the delusions of individuals, with no clearly defined boundaries and jurisdictions. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sweetvie:
what is your own ideology abt God and his existence?
What's your own believe?

I don't believe, I rather know given that belief is an assumption of knowingness.

I don't believe I am on Nairaland.com... I know.

I know there is a creator but he is not in my image, having nyash or sitting somewhere... that will mean that the creator is within his creation, thereby suggesting he is subjected to his creation... Instead, I know the creator is the All and everything exists within the All...

It is laughable that a being God created could attempt to overthrow Him.

I know that Yahweh, the self professed god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was adopted by a government and was christened God- a Norse word, Germanic.

I know that religion is a tool in the hands of the political class and elite.

I know the bible is not factual, neither is it without discrepancies or plagiarized history and legends.

E plenty... angry
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

I don't believe, I rather know given that belief is an assumption of knowingness.

I don't believe I am on Nairaland.com... I know.

See how you do not know much. Belief means to "begin to live on" something you think or know is True.

By your act of using and posting here in nairaland, you believe in nairaland therefore you are are living on nairaland.

Same thing applies with God and His Word

Roycemadeit:

I know there is a creator but he is not in my image, having nyash or sitting somewhere... that will mean that the creator is within his creation, thereby suggesting he is subjected to his creation...

Again see how you are void of knowledge.

You can not give what you do not have is The Law

Therefore, as the Bible shows God has Eyes, Ears, Feet, Face, Mouth, Moves, Sits, Gets pleased or gets Angry etc.

And as the mannequin proves, you can give it many of your attributes without being subject to its laws.

So you see, you are talking from a place of low knowledge.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But God is creator of all things meaning Evil was also created by God. undecided

Let me indulge you a bit... I know it might be disagreeable if went outside the bible...

Isaiah 45:7, I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things ...

2. Wrong! God gave men a Law, Jesus Christ, and serving God, as God made clear from the beginning of scripture means obeying God's Law. Same way you would obey the Law of the land you live in, God calls on men to serve Him through trust and obedience of His Law. undecided.

Moses ran from Egypt because he committed a crime of murder. Man had laws before God's ten commandments and guess what... The same law giver broke the law...

Love your neighbor as thyself he commanded. The next thing, we read his command to his followers to wipe out the Canaanites, they were not just their neighbors but kinsmen.

[Religion, however, is based, not on but the delusions of individuals, with no clearly defined boundaries and jurisdictions. undecided

As long as a God demands to be worshipped that is religion... It's cool to imagine that the proper example of how we should live is Jesus, but where was his compassion when his father killed children and wiped out nations? grin
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you do not know much. Belief means to "begin to live on" something you think or know is True.

By your act of using and posting here in nairaland, you believe in nairaland therefore you are are living on nairaland.

Same thing applies with God and His Word

Just as some people believed centuries ago that the devil caused illnesses... even Jesus, You know if He was born in this age, he would know viruses, bacterias cause illnesses, not the devil... Of course. He couldn't have known since he was God grin

I don't need to believe in nairaland... It is tangible.

It's like a man believing he is a man... And not knowing...
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Again see how you are void of knowledge.

You can not give what you do not have is The Law

Therefore, as the Bible shows God has Eyes, Ears, Feet, Face, Mouth, Moves, Sits, Gets pleased or gets Angry etc.

And as the mannequin proves, you can give it many of your attributes without being subject to its laws.

So you see, you are talking from a place of low knowledge.

cheesy

If God has form, is he still everywhere?
And if he has a male form, how is he a father without a female? grin
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

[b] Just as some people believed centuries ago that the devil caused illnesses...

Change of Post/Off Point!

Roycemadeit:

I don't need to believe in nairaland... It is tangible.

It's like a man believing he is a man... And not knowing...

Not relevant whether a man believes he is a man or not. If we see him looking like a man and living as a men do, then he is one. End of Discussion.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:
1. Let me indulge you a bit... I know it might be disagreeable if went outside the bible...Isaiah 45:7, I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things ...

2. Moses ran from Egypt because he committed a crime of murder. Man had laws before God's ten commandments and guess what... The same law giver broke the law... Love your neighbor as thyself he commanded. The next thing, we read his command to his followers to wipe out the Canaanites, they were not just their neighbors but kinsmen.

3. As long as a God demands to be worshipped that is religion... It's cool to imagine that the proper example of how we should live is Jesus, but where was his compassion when his father killed children and wiped out nations? grin
1. Is there more than one creator or what? undecided

2. I don't exactly follow what you are attempting to say here. undecided

The Law of Moses was given as a National Constitution for the State of Israel, a Nation God constituted of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. It was a Constitution much like any other that existed at the time in other Nations except for the special Laws - forever laws - which God included and urged His people to also obey in order that He may make them a Nation above other nations. So? undecided

3. Well, according to scripture, to worship God simply means to obey His commandments and statutes. So, are you telling me that when you obey the Law of the land you invariably engage in what is religious practice? When you obey your parents or guardians, you invariably practice religion - is that what you believe? undecided

Jesus Christ is God's Law to men, the Constitution in the Kingdom of God as He also made clear in His teachings, those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. So, i am not sure where you get your ideas from but if you search through scripture, you will find that God's mandate to man from the beginning had been obedience of what are His Laws - not religion. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

cheesy
If God has form, is he still everywhere?
And if he has a male form, how is he a father without a female? grin

Same as your mannequin in your boutique cannot know nor understand why your skin is not plastic.

It is God's Right to decide to father many children without a female as the makers of mannequins fathered many mannequins without a female!
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Favor99(m): 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
He needs to find Jesus Christ fast. Jesus is the truth and the light and the only way to salvation.
Great countries are built on Christianity. Nigeria is a heavily Christian country, with time the Lord will bless Nigeria in abundance. Remember the Israelites were in bondage in Egypt for 400 years to no fault of their own. And then God led them out of Egypt to the promised land
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Is there more than one creator or what? undecided

The Creator is not the God of Israel. Some people adopted Jehovah and called him God.

Follow my law or be punished is religion. No matter how they wrap it up in fancy nylons.

If you believe life exists as a test, a trial, a period of putting you through your paces to see if you are “worthy,” theologies begin to make sense.

If you believe that life exists as an opportunity, a process through which you discover or reinvent yourself then theologies seem insane.

If you believe God is an ego-filled God who requires attention, adoration, appreciation, and affection—and will kill to get it—your theologies start to hold together.

If you believe that the Creator is without ego or need, but the source of all things, and the
seat of all wisdom and love, then theologies fall apart.

If you believe that God is a vengeful God, jealous in His love and wrathful in His
anger, then theologies are perfect.

If you believe the Creator is a peaceful, joyous in Her love and passionate in Her
ecstasy, then theologies are useless.

I tell you the purpose of life is not to please God.

The purpose of life is to know,
and to recreate, Who You Are.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Same as your mannequin in your boutique cannot know nor understand why your skin is not plastic.

It is God's Right to decide to father many children without a female as the makers of mannequins fathered many mannequins without a female!

Interesting analogy...
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Ajibade123(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2022
wiseone28:
You will know you need one when you can't open your eyes anymore or move your body.
He his 80+
If this happens to him and he died he lived enough more than Jesus and Muhammad
You might not even reach his age
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:
1. The Creator is not the God of Israel. Some people adopted Jehovah and called him God. Follow my law or be punished is religion. No matter how they wrap it up in fancy nylons.

2. If you believe life exists as a test, a trial, a period of putting you through your paces to see if you are “worthy,” theologies begin to make sense. If you believe that life exists as an opportunity, a process through which you discover or reinvent yourself then theologies seem insane.
If you believe God is an ego-filled God who requires attention, adoration, appreciation, and affection—and will kill to get it—your theologies start to hold together.
If you believe that the Creator is without ego or need, but the source of all things, and the seat of all wisdom and love, then theologies fall apart.
If you believe that God is a vengeful God, jealous in His love and wrathful in His anger, then theologies are perfect.
If you believe the Creator is a peaceful, joyous in Her love and passionate in Her ecstasy, then theologies are useless.
I tell you the purpose of life is not to please God.

3. The purpose of life is to know, and to recreate, Who You Are.
1. So is there more than one creator, is that what you believe? Recall this started off as a question regarding the creator of evil. undecided

2. This all still doesn't make sense to me. undecided

3. To know what? Recreate what? How do you recreate who you are when the version that is you is the one you work with until you die? undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Positiveme2020: 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
branham890:

So where is the 20gb?
The screenshot is from an Airtel sim

Using Airtel SIM dial *141#
Then it will display
1 my offer
2 my area, choose this and u get the next page to activate your 20gb for 3 thousand.

Note: I just opened your eyes. Remember to thank me

1 Share

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
Favor99:
He needs to find Jesus Christ fast. Jesus is the truth and the light and the only way to salvation.
Great countries are built on Christianity. Nigeria is a heavily Christian country, with time the Lord will bless Nigeria in abundance. Remember the Israelites were in bondage in Egypt for 400 years to no fault of their own. And then God led them out of Egypt to the promised land
Jesus Christ is not for everybody.. He made this known to you all abeg! undecided
28 “Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest.
29 Accept my teaching. Learn from me. I am gentle and humble in spirit. And you will be able to get some rest.
30 Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy. The load I give you to carry is light.” - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30
He told you that He came to give rest to those who are tired from the heavy burden of life and living. This man tell you say he is tired or what? undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by etrouble: 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

A man nobody in your generation will never be up to
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Can anything exist without God? If nothing can exist without God... Then selfishness and evil are of God... Delete the idea of good or bad when you imagine God... That's religion...

Even the idea of serving God is still Religion...

Yes brother. You are very right. Nothing can exist outside of the Almighty God. And if you can remember what the holy bible thought us about the downfall of Man. The knowledge of good and evil was kept away from us, but our pride to be equal to the Almighty God made us to get the knowledge of good and evil when we weren't yet mature enough to handle it. And now that we know what good and evil is, we are constantly struggling with doing good or evil.

Just like when parents try to shield their children from exposure to early sexual encounter, but if that child discovers sex before they are mature emotionally for it, they will for the rest of their lives continue to struggle with obsessive sexual desires .

By the way I love your arguments brother
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nnamaka1:
1. Yes brother. You are very right. Nothing can exist outside of the Almighty God. And if you can remember what the holy bible thought us about the downfall of Man. The knowledge of good and evil was kept away from us, but our pride to be equal to the Almighty God made us to get the knowledge of good and evil when we weren't yet mature enough to handle it. And now that we know what good and evil is, we are constantly struggling with doing good or evil.

2. Just like when parents try to shield their children from exposure to early sexual encounter, but if that child discovers sex before they are mature emotionally for it, they will for the rest of their lives continue to struggle with obsessive sexual desires .
By the way I love your arguments brother
1. According to the other, you are to delete the idea of good and evil when you imagine God, even though God is written to have made it a point to stress that He created it all - both good and evil. So if you delete the idea of good and evil, what you are invariably saying is God is Ok with anything - whether good or bad, right? undecided

2. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Favor99(m): 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is not for everybody.. He made this known to you all abeg! undecided
He told you that He came to give rest to those who are tired from the heavy burden of life and living. This man tell you say he is tired or what? undecided
No he loves you. He came on the cross to die for your sins so you can have eternal life. Anyone can become a Christian and be saved

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height
nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:13
New International Version
13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[a]
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. According to the other, you are to delete the idea of good and evil when you imagine God, even though God is written to have made it a point to stress that He created it all - both good and evil. So if you delete the idea of good and evil, what you are invariably saying is God is Ok with anything - whether good or bad, right? undecided

2. undecided

Well you have to understand one thing. The Almighty God is the ultimate. If you don't sin against his commandments then you are fine. So the Almighty God was okay with anything back then because what ever we did then had no motive behind it. But the moment we know what we not suppose to do and still choose to do it, it becomes a sin.

For example, a new born baby is presumed innocent till it knows it's left from right. The moment such child can differentiate, such child would start getting smacked whenever it pees or shit in it's pants.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2022
Favor99:
1. No he loves you.
2. He came on the cross to die for your sins so you can have eternal life. Anyone can become a Christian and be saved
1. That is not true at all! undecided

According to Jesus Christ Himself, His love is reserved only for those who obey His teachings and commandments, and His friends are those who do as He says, implying that all those who do not do as He says are not His friends at all. . undecided
9 I have loved you as the Father has loved me. Now continue in my love.
10 I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you.
11 I have told you these things so that you can have the true happiness that I have. I want you to be completely happy.
12 This is what I command you: Love each other as I have loved you.
13 The greatest love people can show is to die for their friends.
14 You are my friends if you do what I tell you to do.
15 I no longer call you servants, because servants don’t know what their master is doing. But now I call you friends, because I have told you everything that my Father told me. - John 15 vs 9 - 15
This was corroborated by the author of the Gospel in John 13 vs 1. So it is wrong to tell folks that Jesus Christ loves them when His love is meant instead for those who love Him .i.e. those who obey His teachings and His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

2. Jesus Christ indeed died so that you and I can be saved from our past - our Old Ways - in order that we may adopt the New way, Jesus Christ, God's Law in the Kingdom of God. However, that doesn't mean we are saved from our present and our future sins, as He made it clear that only those who stand faithful in Him - in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, what it means to be faithful - until the end will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nnamaka1:
1. Well you have to understand one thing. The Almighty God is the ultimate. If you don't sin against his commandments then you are fine. So the Almighty God was okay with anything back then because what ever we did then had no motive behind it. But the moment we know what we not suppose to do and still choose to do it, it becomes a sin.

2. For example, a new born baby is presumed innocent till it knows it's left from right. The moment such child can differentiate, such child would start getting smacked whenever it pees or shit in it's pants.
1. When exactly was this period when the Almighty was supposedly ok with what we did and when we supposedly had no motives behind our deeds? undecided

2. Presumed innocent by whom? God or men? undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 12:32am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. When exactly was this period when the Almighty was supposedly ok with what we did and when we supposedly had no motives behind our deeds? undecided This was before Adam and Eve disobeyed and ate the forbidden fruit

2. Presumed innocent by whom? God or men? undecided
This is just an analogy. Abi would you hold a new born responsible for it's actions?
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Nov 22, 2022
Nnamaka1:
1. This was before Adam and Eve disobeyed and ate the forbidden fruit

2. This is just an analogy. Abi would you hold a new born responsible for it's actions?
1. Sin is defined by God's Law, Adam and Eve lived in obedience of God's Law meaning they committed no evil(sin) against God during the time which you point out. So it wasn't that all was OK but instead that they obeyed God aka did not sin(disobey) God. undecided

2. Innocent of what exactly ? undecided

According to scripture, God condemned all unbelieving of mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 saying, From dust you were made and to dust you shall return when you die, meaning that even a newborn when it dies is returned to dust when it dies - no afterlife or eternity. So, when you say it is not responsible for its actions, you have to explain exactly what you mean. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.