Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,963 members, 7,814,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30387 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Hightser: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ayomipoe:
I think it’s primarily your source of USD that determines which approach is best for you.
Once the USD is in your local dom account, the only way to extract it will be to go through all the stress or use SWIFT or use the card on TransferWISE.
I received my funds primarily from Freelance websites, so Payoneer -> USDT via Paxful has been my go to approach, otherwise when GeegPay rates are good and I don’t mind waiting for 24 hours, then I use them.
Wish you the best, also don’t shy from experimenting, Grey.co, Crypto.com, there are platforms that give you access to European/ American banking info, however like I said, it depends on your source of funds.

Source of funds is primarily PayPal, would have preferred payoneer but I need to receive 2k usd to be able to create a payment link which I don’t know how to overcome cause my client doesn’t pay with local foreign bank, I used to receive into PayPal, transfer to UBA prepaid card then withdraw from UBA branches until last week when UBA said no more withdrawals from prepaid card, and the card can’t be used to buy crypto or anything online, this country is frustrating.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by vicfajeze: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
I went to a Wema bank branch yesterday to withdraw from my Domicillary account, but i was told they have stopped giving dollars. I wanted to make transfer and they said that was also impossible.

Who else is facing this challenge?

Note i still was able to withdraw last week. Could this be from CBN?
Since last month,av bin frequenting Polaris bank both in Owo and Akure still they gat no dollar in thier Vault.What a shame!
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by shilefan2(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
This is serious! I just hope it's a temporary hitch not permanent, if not, Wahala don set be that Oooo...
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by sunbreaker: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
that is why i opened this thread to know if it is just the branch, bank or every bank. Thanks for the tip
it is all bank except access bank. But you can withdrawn and transfer through inflow transfer, just fill withdrawal slip and fill another slip for deposit then submit the two together at the canter and you can only transfer to anybody that used wema bank as yours. No interbank tranfer; the funny things is that this bank will not tell you the procedure, they will just tell you no way without explanation is only your acct.manager can explain to you what to do

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
sunbreaker:
it is all bank except access bank. But you can withdrawn and transfer through inflow transfer, just fill withdrawal slip and fill another slip for deposit then submit the two together at the canter and you can only transfer to anybody that used wema bank as yours. No interbank tranfer; the funny things is that this bank will not tell you the procedure, they will just tell you no way without explanation is only your acct.manager can explain to you what to do
this is the answer i needed. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Elevation(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
Good evening, please guys does this restriction apply to people using WorldRemit and Sendwave ? Thanks.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Parachoko: 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Yep...and if the small thing you generated from agriculture is what you are mentioning...PDP did the same from 'agriculture'

Do you even know why I quoted you? Let me remind you

Kobonaire234:

That's why when voting...if your candidate does not have a plan to get us off oyel....don't vote for them (Especially APC).
APC have generated more income in the Non-oil sector than the PDP or any other Govt before them.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by BreconHills(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
my account has no issues. No one was being attended to on the fx section. They said till further notice order from above

Wema bank may have dollar liquidity issues
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hightser:

Source of funds is primarily PayPal, would have preferred payoneer but I need to receive 2k usd to be able to create a payment link which I don’t know how to overcome cause my client doesn’t pay with local foreign bank, I used to receive into PayPal, transfer to UBA prepaid card then withdraw from UBA branches until last week when UBA said no more withdrawals from prepaid card, and the card can’t be used to buy crypto or anything online, this country is frustrating.
try and unlock all your payoneer features. That should be your primary goal now. So you can get the payoneer card
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by QuoteJustOnce: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
usj:

I bought stuff on alibaba and was unable to pay for them and I wanted to fund a forex account too but they've all failed after several trials

Since you had dollars in your dorm account, you coulda visited the bank and asked for a swift payment form i.e.. Input bank details of seller and they would get money in 2 working days thereabouts.
you can mostly do this via the online banking website or app without having to visit the bank in the first place, even if your bank doesnt allow outbound international fts via their app. you could call the bank or email them and ask for an indemnity form + the payment form
fill the forms and send back to them, and they will execute your payment. or download the form frm your bank's website and send with your registered email address. Many ways bro bro, all tested and trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Do you even know why I quoted you? Let me remind you

APC have generated more income in the Non-oil sector than the PDP or any other Govt before them.

Yes, get them off oil....and (I forgot to include this)...into something called INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT.

You guys should stop thinking too much of yourself because 'you export oil and rice and beans'.......

Strong nations export finished goods and services.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ijb11: 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
Yes
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by usj(m): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

Since you had dollars in your dorm account, you coulda visited the bank and asked for a swift payment form i.e.. Input bank details of seller and they would get money in 2 working days thereabouts.
you can mostly do this via the online banking website or app without having to visit the bank in the first place, even if your bank doesnt allow outbound international fts via their app. you could call the bank or email them and ask for an indemnity form + the payment form
fill the forms and send back to them, and they will execute your payment. or download the form frm your bank's website and send with your registered email address. Many ways bro bro, all tested and trusted.
thanks bro I will do as you say.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Naturalista(f): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hello all please kindly vote for my start up SJ RECYCLING it's the second to the last on the page thank you for your support
www.nimbus.com.ng/vote
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Scamperlee(m): 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2022
I need dollars to buy goods, let's transact
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ItsTutsi(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
The referee, most they have a Dom account too or can it be any type of account?
Revolva:

Dorm acc is the best o, but make sure u get 2 sure referee , use gtb abeg zero opening balance ..if na zenith bank u need deposit 100usd to open a dom acc

As for dollar prepaid card its good for shopping alone ..visit uba bank for there dollar prepaid card ..if u can't open a dorm acc

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by higgs: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2022
Most bank branches don't have Dollars in cash but You can do transfers from your dollar account anytime You like.If your bank refuses to allow You to transfer from your dorm account please ask them why.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Revolva(m): 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
ItsTutsi:

Wtf omo bro ur refree must be of a dorm acc oo see dis man o so na saving acc holder u wan use as refree for dorm acc before?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Revolva(m): 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hightser:

I de tell u, uba have stop the withdrawal of money from prepaid card that is inflow ...xcept you are the one thay deposited the dollar in d prepaid dollar card
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ItsTutsi(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2022
Omo where I go find referee with dom account?
Revolva:

Wtf omo bro ur refree must be of a dorm acc oo see dis man o so na saving acc holder u wan use as refree for dorm acc before?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
ItsTutsi:

They must have a current account.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
ItsTutsi:

Your parents
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by armadeo(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
LegacyB:

I know the truth is hard . But note we Nigerians are the ones who create a fertility black market yet we complain of scarcity as if we have now adopted dollar as our currency. This may not be the whole picture but know it’s definitely a huge part of the problem .

You need to dig deeper than this ....
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by barnaby04(m): 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hey guys,

Is it possible to transfer money in a Dom account from say Bank A to another Dom account in Bank B in Nigeria? I can't access the money in my Dom account and my younger brother needs forex to apply for his study visa.

I don't think my First bank where my money is domiciled has a dollar denominated ATM card which could have solved this issue easily.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Rwshd: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I was told by GTBANK that the monthly withdrawal limit is now $1,000

iSightTrouble!

Really? "Monthly withdrawal limit"? Which kain country be dis!?

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Mamaafrik1(m): 11:22pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
my account has no issues. No one was being attended to on the fx section. They said till further notice order from above
i was at gtb bank for dollar card and i was told they are having issue with producing the card.
who else is experiencing the same??/

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Mamaafrik1(m): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD account, they're saying they have no card for now. GTB is near useless.
i experienced the same from gtb bank.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by stylishwears: 12:21am On Nov 23, 2022
_
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Revolva(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2022
ItsTutsi:

Qatar 2022 hahaha just kidding
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by stylishwears: 12:37am On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by gaby(m): 1:05am On Nov 23, 2022
Naturalista:
Hello all please kindly vote for my start up SJ RECYCLING it's the second to the last on the page thank you for your support
www.nimbus.com.ng/vote

Voted and rooting for you.

Good luck.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by gaby(m): 1:08am On Nov 23, 2022
Thank God for under bed...

I go come labour, slave and sweet out finish come carry the money go put for one yeye bank wey go dey tell me rubbish when I want take my money back?

Yeye dey smell...

Nigerian account?

Make dem remain dormant and dead...

Zero business with Naira till further notice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? / Naira Appreciates Across Forex Market / MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.