Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30430 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Bigchristo: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
i need a branch in ibadan urgently. Pls hlp with update if you have any. Thanks
I recently came to Nigeria I did a withdrawal from my dom account in Union bank Benin I was given dollars, 100 100 bills for that Matter, I don’t know how I can help oo
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by MT: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:
Lebanon is loading! If you think you're smart by keeping Dollar in your Dom account and withdraw to sell high to Aboki, you economic saboteurs will suffer. Las laa, na Naira you go collect for your Dollar.

Not nice to classify everyone using Dom Account as an "economic saboteur". Some people earn in foreign currency and decide to keep the money in their Dom account to be withdrawn when needs arise. Not everyone changes the foreign currency to naira. Some take them abroad to spend.

You have fallen into error of generalisation, it will be nice if you can retract your statement.

13 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Bigchristo:
I recently came to Nigeria I did a withdrawal from my dom account in Union bank Benin I was given dollars, 100 100 bills for that Matter, I don’t know how I can help oo
hmmm. Seems this issue is state based. Because some people are complaining about the same union bank. I think i know what to do at this point. Thanks
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by TenQ: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
HAH:
Is Nigeria currency dollar that you save in it ? What you do is called economic sabotage, you earn in naira then you convert and save in dollar thereby eroding the value of the naira
This is economic sense to protect your hard-earned money.

The government is doing everything thing to devalue the Naira, should I not protect my money? Inflation is at runaway stage.

Abegi!

5 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Aremwayne: 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
tunapawizzy:

If that man gets to Aso Rock, watch Seyi Tinubu move like Mohammed Abacha.....d only difference be say him no go dey kill people with reckless abandon
Walahi Our task is to do anything to avoid Tinubu from being the president

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Elliotwaveforec: 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
MT:

Not nice to classify everyone using Dom Account as an "economic saboteur". Some people earn in foreign currency and decide to keep the money in their Dom account to be withdrawn when needs arise. Not everyone changes the foreign currency to naira. Some take them abroad to spend.

You have fallen into error of generalisation, it will be nice if you can retract your statement.
Apology for generalising!

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2022
HAH:
Is Nigeria currency dollar that you save in it ? What you do is called economic sabotage, you earn in naira then you convert and save in dollar thereby eroding the value of the naira

First saw your comment and tried hard not to quote and then you came again with another gibberish. Atleast think 2-3,times before you write something. It will help you in life. These your extraordinary dumbness won't help you. Think!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Apst: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
The whole of ekiti no bank pays dollar cash. Access use to they stopped about a month ago. Even pick up cash most of them don't do it talk more of giving cash. Naija our country

Romanoff:
I just opened a dollar account with access bank and paid in cash. They didn't tell me anything like that o.

I never do myself so?

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by BigCowHornn: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD account, they're saying they have no card for now. GTB is near useless.

Zenith too. I have been trying to get a USD card for 3 weeks.

Their system is down they say

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by YANDE800(m): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
Wema bank told me same thing that I won't be able to withdraw from my Dom account to my GTB Dom.

Withdrawing was a problem for weeks
Till last week, I withdrew 200dollars but that gave me $20 dollars equivalent to 200dollars cus 100dollars wasn't available
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by bukxy: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
Revolva:

Dorm acc is the best o, but make sure u get 2 sure referee , use gtb abeg zero opening balance ..if na zenith bank u need deposit 100usd to open a dom acc

As for dollar prepaid card its good for shopping alone ..visit uba bank for there dollar prepaid card ..if u can't open a dorm acc
ok
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by BigIyanga: 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ddworld:

That is laughable. Highly ridiculous. I can still tell you that; it is either your branch has an issue or something is wrong with Wema bank. Why won't they give you access to your account. Try to make an official report. If the branch said they don't have USD, that is acceptable but also denying you transfer is highly ridiculous.

Try to find an importer that needs USD, agree terms wity each other and then submit form m
Fidelity and Access did same thing some weeks ago. They were out of $$ cash.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
YANDE800:
Wema bank told me same thing that I won't be able to withdraw from my Dom account to my GTB Dom.

Withdrawing was a problem for weeks
Till last week, I withdrew 200dollars but that gave me $20 dollars equivalent to 200dollars cus 100dollars wasn't available

That's cheating o. You'll get a lower exchange rate.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2022
ModCaller:

You're a real kobonaire. Scarcity creates pressure. Even a market woman knows this.

That's the reason dollar value is surging in Nigeria.

Well, if the government releases dollars....and allows things to go freely....we would lose far more dollars than we earn...because most of the dollars are going to be used to import things. Lots of things.

And then we lose hard currency, and the value of the naira depreciates.

But like I have said...and this is my ultimate point....NIGERIA NEEDS AN ECONOMY THAT BRINGS IN MORE DOLLARS THAN WE LET OUT. Restriction may have made things less bad, but they are still bad.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2022
In Abuja here I have to go to 4-5 branches before I can get dollars.

For the dumbos shouting economic sabotage, understand that no one wants to collect USD only to exchange at BDC.

BDC rate is what controls the economy. People import and sell at BDC rate. So why on earth would I loss half of my USD value just to please the government.

If govt can make BDC rate 450, then no one will want to collect USD again. But ironically, same govt needs dollar bills for import duties.

Worse case scenario, I send my money to crypto platforms and exchange with BTC. I cannot loose my money because the govt wants it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2022
Parachoko:
In terms of generating money in the non oil sector, no other Govt have done better than the APC.

If you know of one, tell us

Actually, we haven't generated extra money...except via 1) removing subsides partially 2) taking loans.

Want to generate more money now...remove subsides completely on petrol and power, money flows in a la investment in both sectors and both sectors get strong enough to power our industrial sector...to produce exportable goods and services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Betboss(m): 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2022
nenyewrites:

That's cheating o. You'll get a lower exchange rate.

Very true. I'm really worried about the whole issue. Google sends my ads earnings to my Dorm account and you say I can't withdraw it.

Perhaps there has to be a way to ask Google to send my usd to payoneer or transferwise.

Have anyone tried this?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by LegacyB: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ayomipoe:
It is idiocy for me to exchange my money at the Govt rate when I know that the value that the Govt has pegged it is absurd, worse even if I cannot buy at the supposed rate they are pegged it at, why do I then sell to them at that rate?
So scarcity should not be absurd then . You can’t eat your cake and have it.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by YoobaNesan: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2022
Been trying to open Zenith Dorm acc and they keep saying my letter hasn't been approved for over a month.
Does the card requires any fee to get?

BigCowHornn:

Zenith too. I have been trying to get a USD card for 3 weeks.

Their system is down they say
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by mmsen: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2022
Delete.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by mmsen: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2022
telim:
the issue is from your bank. I sent about 250 usd to dedipath and digital ocean to clear pending server payment and the transaction was smooth without any issue.

Was that a debit card payment?

The issue isn't debit card payments or other electronic payments but for those who insist on cash.

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by mmsen: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2022
YoobaNesan:
Been trying to open Zenith Dorm acc and they keep saying my letter hasn't been approved for over a month.

Yes, they charge you for the card.

Naija. lipsrsealed
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by einsteine(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
zanebaddo:
I thought about this not too long ago. I was telling myself that soon they gonna ask banks not to allow people withdraw dollar meaning thier money will be converted to naira and be paid at official rate.

If this is done, the economy would be ruined and all foreign investors will leave. Nigeria would also be sued and the judgment amounts would bankrupt the country.

Simply put, the government cannot do such.

6 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by BigCowHornn: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
YoobaNesan:

Honestly I wouldn't know till I get it and use it
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by einsteine(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:
Lebanon is loading! If you think you're smart by keeping Dollar in your Dom account and withdraw to sell high to Aboki, you economic saboteurs will suffer. Las laa, na Naira you go collect for your Dollar.

Yeah and the people in Lebanon are happy, abi?

Oponu.

Lebanon's government reversed decades of economic progress by seizing people's accounts and you are referencing them like it was a great decision.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Elliotwaveforec: 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
einsteine:

Yeah and the people in Lebanon are happy, abi?

Oponu.

Lebanon's government reversed decades of economic progress by seizing people's accounts and you are referencing them like it was a great decision.
Baba e ni oponu!
Can't you make your point without insults?

Omo alaileko!
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Hightser: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ayomipoe:
I fear this too. Hence my reluctance to save in my DOM account.
OP, the major problem is scarcity and maybe because you don't know someone. UBA does not allow me to transfer USD with my app, so I have to physically go to the bank to withdraw (This is a nightmare, I assure you). I heard Access and GTB allow you to transfer with the app.
What happens when I still used to go to the bank was that I would collect a recipient's account that used UBA as me, and then the FX guy would debit me and credit the guy. However, I noticed something weird. He would always cancel the sender name that I wrote as mine and write "self".
Now, I use Geegpay and USDT.

How do you use usdt? And does UBA allow you to transfer to geepay?

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Hightser: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2022
Revolva:

Na today u know day na 20usd limit be naira cards monthly

Bro no bank will deny you of opening a dollar dorm acc and even if there is no card wait for a while they will give u dollar dorm card

I use gtb dorm card for all my online payment and i buy things smoothly with it ..its the best

I also have one yeye uba dollar prepaid card its also good to make payment but its has certain restriction on withdrawal of inflow comes in it

Can you use the dorm card to buy crypto online?

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2022
gentlekeny:

Your office address and at what rate.
I don't have an office, at least not for this,
it's one of the things I do, on the side...

WhatsApp me below via number in signature
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
bodmas11:

What’s your number please?
My number is right there on my signature
but here it is again - 09045327063
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ololademrmoney2:
Can you offer naira for dollars? Large offshore to offshore is available at #700/$. The least you can get is $1m. You can link me with a capable hands that you know should you fall short of this.
This is not a problem, but the issue is that because of a lot of here and theres in this kind of business, one has to confirm certain things. There are so many people claiming to offer this, but when you start to talk, they will say MOU, blockfunds etc. very Classic Red flags that we know over the years..

let's talk more on WhatsApp sha, see signature for Number

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by lapazi(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
tunapawizzy:

This country has a way of forcing us to be bad.
Unfortunately, what do u do in times of hopelessness......people always get caught in this Nigeria mess and they have no option.....i dont understand the situation of the person that paid 12k to withdraw $250 but i guess there must be some desperation in his situation because no one wants to give money out that way..its a different case if he is bribing to cover up an offence....People usually bribe these bank officers to get tuition of their kids sent abroad, if they dont, there is the risk of their kids getting blocked from school system, and if lingers this will affect their visas and all that....
Well in any case u are right, he is as guilty as the bribe receiver...BUT i understand what it feels to have no option than to do the bad thing so that you dont lose everything

I think we as Nigerians in our innate nature are mostly good pple until proven otherwise.
Or do you think we are more of bad pple who are only conforming to societal norms because of factors like religion/culture etc.
Deep questions running through my mind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Journey To Make $1000 On Fiverr, Article Writing & Proofreading B4 Dec 31st / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.