Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30433 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
Juoflife1:
I was there today and the guy showed me in the system that the OTP is invalid. But he assured me that the money is safe. I was asked to contact Worldremit with the sender. We're working on that now. If it didn't work, I will tell the sender to request for refund from Worldremit. Then we will know the real truth.
fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
I don’t envy you. Wish you the best in resolving it. If you have a DOM account, you can use Remitly. 5-10 mins usually.

Juoflife1:
I was there today and the guy showed me in the system that the OTP is invalid. But he assured me that the money is safe. I was asked to contact Worldremit with the sender. We're working on that now. If it didn't work, I will tell the sender to request for refund from Worldremit. Then we will know the real truth.

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Juoflife1(f): 5:35am On Dec 10, 2022
I've used Worldremit for 20months without issues. There must be a problem somewhere. I will hear from them first.
Ayomipoe:
I don’t envy you. Wish you the best in resolving it. If you have a DOM account, you can use Remitly. 5-10 mins usually.

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Groovy1993: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
I've been trying to withdraw $5000 cash from Zenith bank for about a week now.
The first time I went there, they said they don't have anything close to that amount.
The second time, I figured out I have to start collecting it little by little but I was only able to withdraw $1500 after many back and forth.
The third time, I tried another branch, I was only able to withdraw $500,
The fourth time, I was able to withdraw $500 from a branch and $300 from the other branch.
Today, the guy told me point blank that there is no cash. They have already marked my face.
I'll still go and disturb them tomorrow.
I needed the whole cash before the end of this week but that will no longer be possible.
I need another $2000 before the end of the first week of January, which means I have to start collecting the cash as soon as possible.
These people are not encouraging customers to keep their money with them at all.
I'll continue to withdraw my money till my account is empty and find a safe place to stash my dollars.
I'll no longer allow my money to stay long in their account.
It's their loss.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Groovy1993:
I've been trying to withdraw $5000 cash from Zenith bank for about a week now.
The first time I went there, they said they don't have anything close to that amount.
The second time, I figured out I have to start collecting it little by little but I was only able to withdraw $1500 after many back and forth.
The third time, I tried another branch, I was only able to withdraw $500,
The fourth time, I was able to withdraw $500 from a branch and $300 from the other branch.
Today, the guy told me point blank that there is no cash. They have already marked my face.
I'll still go and disturb them tomorrow.
I needed the whole cash before the end of this week but that will no longer be possible.
I need another $2000 before the end of the first week of January, which means I have to start collecting the cash as soon as possible.
These people are not encouraging customers to keep their money with them at all.
I'll continue to withdraw my money till my account is empty and find a safe place to stash my dollars.
I'll no longer allow my money to stay long in there account.
It's their loss.
i had to start giving them tips o. Now they are they ones that welcome me. Was still there on tuesday and they attended to me with gladness.

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Groovy1993: 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2022
HardMirror:
i had to start giving them tips o. Now they are they ones that welcome me. Was still there on tuesday and they attended to me with gladness.

After about 20 minutes of reading your post, it dawned on me that by "tips" you mean "bribe".
I was thinking you meant "ideas". My mind did not even go there. I don't roll like that.
I give the security some change sometimes when they hail me but it's out of my free will.
I will not bribe any banker to collect my hard earned money.
I'm not a Yahoo boy.

5 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
Groovy1993:

After about 20 minutes of reading your post, it dawned on me that by "tips" you mean "bribe".
I was thinking you meant "ideas". My mind did not even go there. I don't roll like that.
I give the security some change sometimes when they hail me but it's out of my free will.
I will not bribe any banker to collect my hard earned money.
I'm not a Yahoo boy.
i understand you. It is my hard earned money too, but this country is funny.

I support you sha.

I want to renew drivers licence today, i know the back door i had to take else I will waste time getting it. I know i am supporting the corruption but i cant be stressing myself

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by carsuperman: 6:29am On Jan 31, 2023
Parachoko:
Dumb talk
you are the dumb 1 here bros.Suffer no dey tire you cow
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Parachoko: 6:38am On Jan 31, 2023
carsuperman:
you are the dumb 1 here bros.Suffer no dey tire you cow
Have I ever tell your papa say I dey suffer? Nah you and your family poverty dey show woto woto

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Journey To Make $1000 On Fiverr, Article Writing & Proofreading B4 Dec 31st / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.