Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD (20773 Views)

661 New COVID-19 Cases Reported, 137 Discharged, 19 Deaths ,June 20 -2523 Tested / More Africans Are Coming To Nigeria For Surgeries – UCH CMD / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2022
OdefaGirl:

Didn't they pay for their training or are they being trained here free?

If you are in a govt university your education is either free or subsidized by the govt.

Go to Afe Babalola or convenant if you want to know how much your education really costs.

We the tax payers are the ones paying for your education, If you want to waste my tax, then let the foreigners pay for your education or pay for it yourself!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2022
Elsueno:
My advice to fellow Nigerians is eat well, exercise & try as much as possible to avoid exposing urself to dangers unnecessarily e.g swaggingly crossing roads when cars dey pass.

Cause currently, even d cheapest federal hospital charges U #2000 per day on d most cheapest hospital bed as opposed to less than #400 of b4

That is if you find bed space

2 Likes

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Otunbakayce: 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2022
All the APC urchins on this thread spitting trash, just don't know that the failed government you are cheering and defending won't save you or your loved ones from the Nigerian rotten healthcare system.

I made an application for a job in the UK and was told that I should be patient as they have thousands of other applicants emails.
Believe you me it will only get worse in the coming years.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by sparkleboy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
madridguy:
Many of them are facing the reality now but shame won't allow them to come back to Nigeria.
You think so?
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by BanyXchi: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:

West is nothing without east, Igbos dominating you in your region is the case study... what is in your west Mr zero creativity civil servant.
another delusional take from a ngwa cannibal, your region is literally barren, anyways I can't wait for the zoo to disintegrate.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Osoboshi: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
My QUESTION and it's simple!
Hope the medical consultants and seniors who keep demeaning their juniors in training by way of threats and query letters also sustained the momentum in SAUDI and the UK?

Don't get there now and become a Lizard when you were a crocodile few hours before you left Nigeria. Don't suddenly go timid.
Please issue the WHITE DOCTORS and medical students threat too just like you did few hours before boarding. Don't be a COWARD!
it's the nature of medical training, nobody is demeaning anybody,if dem no do like that laziness go take over and them no go dey read,that's why.
They get along very well outside the hospital

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Osoboshi: 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

If you are in a govt university your education is either free or subsidized by the govt.

Go to Afe Babalola or convenant if you want to know how much your education really costs.

We the tax payers are the ones paying for your education, If you want to waste my tax, then let the foreigners pay for your education or pay for it yourself!!!!
oga go to afe babalola and see the structure and how there medical school,u can't compare Dubai to Nigeria, poor pay via skuls fee poor infrastructure for us and we don't complain so chill.
And by the way how engineers,lawyers etc are the not paying the same school fee
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Bluntemperor: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
More will join if Nigeria cheats Obi in fact North and south west will cry more because of number of poor people there
In fact it will end in tears.

These kinds of reasons are a big disservice to Peter Obi's winning the Elections in 2023 because people like you have a mindset that Obi will be cheated and you don't even know that your charity should start from Home- South East!
So,who loses when Abiola was denied the June 12 Mandate - the most credible elections so far in Nigeria!
So,if Obi didn't win,na treat be this or waiting!
Nonsensical statement
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by adeoye63o: 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2022
And all this our politicians/political office holders refuse to resign.And all this our politicians/political office holders refuse to resign....
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Ngwamankillyou(m): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
BanyXchi:
another delusional take from a ngwa cannibal, your region is literally barren, anyways I can't wait for the zoo to disintegrate.

From Ngwa in Abia to Ikwere in Rivers, without us you are more like Chadian check the poverty level idiot...none of your state have gas like east and you shameless dragging with your colonial master.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Osoboshi:
oga go to afe babalola and see the structure and how there medical school,u can't compare Dubai to Nigeria, poor pay via skuls fee poor infrastructure for us and we don't complain so chill.
And by the way how engineers,lawyers etc are the not paying the same school fee
That’s why those who pay fees at Afe Babalola should be free to practice anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Otunbakayce: 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

You are obviously an illiterate. So you are saying that students of government owned institutions don't also pay tax? Its the responsibility of the government to provide basic social amenities and education.
When obafemi awolowo was alive he gave us free education because our forefather were paying for it through cocoa farming and taxation.
You are a joke!

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
Otunbakayce:
You are obvious an illiterate. So you are saying that students of government owned institutions don't also pay tax? Its the responsibility of the governmnet to provide basic social amenities and education.
When obafemi awolowo was alive he gave us free education because our forefather were paying for it through cocoa farming and taxation.
You are a joke!

And you are a fool, Awolowo did not educate people for free so that they can develop other countries. From the way you reason the education Awolowo gave your father was wasted if he could not impart any wisdom to his child…..and from the way you write clearly also an inability to write properly in English.

FYI one reason the govt educates it’s citizens for free is based on the future projected need for skills. One of the reasons OAU was established by Awo was because the universities in the country were not enough to produce the demand for Skills in the western region, in particular engineers and doctors. That’s why there was an emphasis of these subjects at OAU.

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Otunbakayce: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

And you are a fool, Awolowo did not educate people for free so that they can develop other countries. From the way you reason the education Awolowo gave your father was wasted if he could not impart any wisdom to his child…..and from the way you write clearly also an inability to write properly in English.
slowpoke! If you had half the education that i have, you wont be constituting nuisance on a public forum and disseminating false information. You are either an APC urchin or a fool with a chronic hatred for Doctors and health practitioners.
omo ale!
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2022
Otunbakayce:
slowpoke! You are either an APC urchin or a fool with a chronic hatred for Doctors and health practitioners.
omo ale!

And you are clearly a product of modern day free education…..garbage in, garbage out!!!

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Otunbakayce: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

And you are clearly a product of modern day free education…..garbage in, garbage out!!!
If you had the privilege to garbage in and out and get to my level, you won't be on here spitting trash.
Only two kind of people defend an irresponsible government; (I) People who do it for political patronage. (2) jobless nonentities who have no use for their lives.
(3) Tribal and religious bigots who are either getting their ego massaged or are happy to see that every other person has failed or is failing in life like them.
Now from the above you clearly know which group you belong to.
O.ni kure!

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
Otunbakayce:
If you had the privilege to garbage in and out and get to my level, you won't be on here spitting trash.
Only two kind of people defend an irresponsible government; (I) People who do it for political patronage. (2) jobless nonentities who have no use for their lives.
(3) Tribal and religious bigots who are either getting their ego massaged or are happy to see that every other person has failed or is failing in life like them.
Now from the above you clearly know which group you belong to.
O.ni kure!

Anybody who thinks that especially at a time when resources are scarce, it is right for the government to pay to educate critical skills like doctors and for those doctors in a time when the country has a shortage of doctors, to take those skills abroad to benefit foreign countries, deserves a miserable govt, a miserable country and a miserable life!!!

Get lost and go back and tell your father (if your mother knows who he is) that he wasted Awo’s money and that he raised a bastard son!!! You talk like the child of a baby mama, a product of stray sperm!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by onyxo76(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

Does one have to spell everything out to you people?

If your education was paid for by the govt, Your license is recorded and held with the NMA for 10 yrs after graduation. During that period any employer has to validate you are a licensed doctor with the NMA before employment. The NMA rejects enquiries from foreign bodies until the 10 yr period has expired. Eventually foreign agencies will know that if you don’t have your certificate or license, they can’t employ you.

that's an idea but then a lot of people who will be interested in studying medicine will rather opt for the private universities from where they will travel to practise abroad, they will make the school fees they paid in maybe a year or two over there. at least the FG cannot hold on to their own licences since they didn't benefit from the govt.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
onyxo76:

that's an idea but then a lot of people who will be interested in studying medicine will rather opt for the private universities from where they will travel to practise abroad, they will make the school fees they paid in maybe a year or two over there. at least the FG cannot hold on to their own licences since they didn't benefit from the govt.

That’s fine, there are more people studying medicine in govt universities than private. If you can afford to go private, you likely are already ina private university. Also the best medical schools in the country are still the govt ones.

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Simeonjoe1: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2022
sonnie10:
Fun fact. No medical doctor in the US makes less than $250k ( about #200M) a year.
A ji gi afufu anyi isi.

At my big man, Malignantguest is this true?
If yes abeg send me small thing make I use hold body grin. Med school is tough
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by TypicallyBrunt(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

Are the medical courses any more subsidized than the other courses in the universities? The medical students already pay more than all other students so I take it government is subsidizing education for all courses/professionals hence all graduates of nigerian universities should be blocked from leaving for a decade right? sad
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2022
TypicallyBrunt:

Are the medical courses any more subsidized than the other courses in the universities? The medical students already pay more than all other students so I take it government is subsidizing education for all courses/professionals hence all graduates of nigerian universities should be blocked from leaving for a decade right? sad
While the idea behind govt spending money on universities is to e skill the populace for national development, Some professions are more critical to national interest than others. Some are in excess. I don’t see Uk coming to Nigeria to recruit people who studied business, history, philosophy or law!!!

If they recruit our engineers because we produce too many and/or cannot provide jobs for them, that’s our fault and I understand. There is no shortage of jobs for doctors in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Osoboshi: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

That’s why those who pay fees at Afe Babalola should be free to practice anywhere.
hmm,while those who forced them to learn under bad condition should not be free.Great logic kai
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by GreyLaw(m): 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2022
madridguy:
Many of them are facing the reality now but shame won't allow them to come back to Nigeria.

You don't know what you are talking about! I am in the UK and both the NHS and even private companies are wooing me and my colleagues. Some would even buy you a new car and sponsor your visa, pay back all your professional fees. Keep deceiving yourself. In Europe, there is a healthy work ethic. Work is respected. And that's why even cleaners earn up to £800 per month. Now, even as a doctor in Nigeria who will pay you that kind of money, except you are a consultant?

You people look down on cleaners and security personnel and drivers. Meanwhile in developed nations these same people stand in the same line with professors. To them work is work. You pride yourselves in driving insanely costly cars whilst here people use those cars for taxis. People keep their cars at home and rode a bicycle or take a public bus. The average Nigerian mentality is simply stark stupidity! You all look down on the very things that make a society thrive.

You are one of those who voted Buhari and vehemently campaigned for him twice. Now you are supporting another dangerous candidate.

You are one of the problems of Nigeria for you are full of tribalism and religious sentiments. Travel and see hownthe realmworld works. Stop sitting in some room in Nigeria and typing ignorant statements.

2 Likes

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by GreyLaw(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2022
joyandfaith:

Stop saying what you don't know.
All doctors i know who had left are regretting that they did not make decisions to leave earlier.

That guy you quoted is in the same breath with people like , et al. They just blindly follow Buhari and the 40 thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by OdefaGirl(f): 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2022
casualobserver:

And you wish they continue to suffer in their country because of subsidized fees? Everyone got the right to a good life dear.... you can't stop them.

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by casualobserver: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2022
OdefaGirl:

And you wish they continue to suffer in their country because of subsidized fees? Everyone got the right to a good life dear.... you can't stop them.

They can leave after 10 yrs, go to a private university and pay fees or do another course.

We are all suffering, you take money from those who are suffering to educate you and then you take off without giving back? Why won’t we be suffering?

1 Like

Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by TypicallyBrunt(m): 12:00am On Nov 23, 2022
casualobserver:

While the idea behind govt spending money on universities is to e skill the populace for national development, Some professions are more critical to national interest than others. Some are in excess. I don’t see Uk coming to Nigeria to recruit people who studied business, history, philosophy or law!!!

If they recruit our engineers because we produce too many and/or cannot provide jobs for them, that’s our fault and I understand. There is no shortage of jobs for doctors in Nigeria.

Point being you can't argue the medical professionals have to stay 10 year after graduation because of some phantom claims of sponsorship while the medical students already pay the highest fees in every university in Nigeria. It's nobody's fault medical professionals are more sort after compare to some of their peers. The medical professionals owe Nigeria no more than other graduates of our universities, all other opinions outside this is one being disingenuous or even downright jealous.
Moreover, didn't your Mnister of Labour claim it's no problem as according to him the country have more than enough numbers to cover the departures? grin
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by BanyXchi: 4:06am On Nov 23, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:

From Ngwa in Abia to Ikwere in Rivers, without us you are more like Chadian check the poverty level idiot...none of your state have gas like east and you shameless dragging with your colonial master.
continue to deceive yourself Osu miscreant.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by onyxo76(m): 6:37am On Nov 23, 2022
casualobserver:

there may not be an outright shortage but are they working in good conditions? the federal medical centres may be paying well but what about state hospitals, those ones have very poor remuneration package. then even if you apply the 10 year rule as you put it, what now happens when the ones who have spent 10 years and are probably specialists already begin to leave? you cannot compare a 15 yr experienced doctor with a 5 yrs old, then how is knowledge passed down to the younger ones? I remember one orthopaedic prof who has spent close to 22 years in service relocating to Canada with his family just before covid started, he went back to residency training even in his mid 50s, last time i heard about him is that he will be through in some months time, since he is already a fellow here and got some exam waivers. it's not that he was not doing well here but always complained about the working environment.
the point is, make the environment conducive so that there is job satisfaction. mind you other professionals too especially those in IT are leaving in droves too.

the health facilities are comatose, even a local government chairman who should be going there for regular check up will not go there and prefer to use our money to travel to India instead.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:40am On Nov 23, 2022
BanyXchi:
continue to deceive yourself Osu miscreant.

You are a bastard...Ngwa and Ikwere are same clan bloody illiterate.
Re: 661 Clinical Staff Resigned, Relocated Abroad This Year – UCH CMD by sharone21(f): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2022
Nigeria is NOT ready for its Medical personnels eg Nurses.

Nothing to attract then( whether trained in Naija or outside even if it is Observationship/ Volunteering )....

They can't even attract new Nurses with small stipends of N10000 and free small one room self contained houses so at least they serve them while they grow in experience.... But they cry Everytime on SM about Nurses leaving....

Too bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Health Mistakes You've Made Today / Does ALABUKUN, 7up And LIME Work For Abortion? / When The Mad Dog Bites: What To Know About Rabies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.