Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria (38886 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by tajudeenayodeji(m): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2022
Who will take me on a trip like this ? This December must be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Ruthymoon(f): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2022
Congratulations dear, Nice view ,

1 Like

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Tony4000: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2022
If u are in Nigeria and saying you made it, then your village people must be playing draft on your head
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Strech(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2022
But hope say this girl hold plenty's ransom money.
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Fairview1: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2022
Welcome to Abuja. The cleanest in West Africa and fastest developing city in the World. The city built with oil money. Don't forget to visit Area one Zoological Park. You will be amazed.

3 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by jamesversion: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders,

It's your girl Ms Travelin Diva and she has arrived! What an adventure it has been so far, but I made it to Abuja!

First two days had a bit of a rocky start (our flight was delayed and luggage did not arrive in Abuja until the next evening). I must admit, if you have to return to the airport for anything, Nigeria makes it a bit difficult to navigate back and forth easily. At any rate, once we received our luggage then our vacation officially began. I quickly learned the true meaning of the nigerian factor, lol! While still a bit jet lagged, I have managed to enjoy a few adventures within my first few days, and even got my hair braided in my hotel room shortly after I arrived (BEST EXPERIENCE EVER). Here's part 1, and definitely check out my Instagram page @MsTravelinDiva_ if you’d like to follow videos of my stay. Cheers!

Stay tuned for Part 2!

Peace & Blessings to Nigeria and to you all!

Who is bankrolling you. grin
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders,

It's your girl Ms Travelin Diva and she has arrived! What an adventure it has been so far, but I made it to Abuja!

First two days had a bit of a rocky start (our flight was delayed and luggage did not arrive in Abuja until the next evening). I must admit, if you have to return to the airport for anything, Nigeria makes it a bit difficult to navigate back and forth easily. At any rate, once we received our luggage then our vacation officially began. I quickly learned the true meaning of the nigerian factor, lol! While still a bit jet lagged, I have managed to enjoy a few adventures within my first few days, and even got my hair braided in my hotel room shortly after I arrived (BEST EXPERIENCE EVER). Here's part 1, and definitely check out my Instagram page @MsTravelinDiva_ if you’d like to follow videos of my stay. Cheers!

Stay tuned for Part 2!

I don't do instagram, send a facebook, twitter or tiktok handle
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by AlphaTaikun: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2022
peacefull:

AlphaTaikun san!
Thank you so much for invite me to this wonderful topic!
I appreciate you!!
Yeah! How's it going in Japan
@Peacefull?

Oh... You are welcome my "kid" sis, anytime.cheesy I wanted you to see MsTravelinDiva's thread because you and her share similarities (in terms of marriage and being over 40 in age, etc)... And you may want to visit Nigeria too for the first time since you are married to a Nigerian.

You and MsTravelinDiva are very meticulous here on NL and this is one of the reasons I'm following both of you for functional international travel and culture contents.

Enjoy your day. Ciao! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Tangana: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2022
please sis try and visit MAMBILLA land Taraba state u will see wanders of nature

1 Like

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by LAGATA(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2022
Have u visited Area 1 kilishi spot,?
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2022
Nice one. One of the best education is from travelling. One day I'll be able to afford doing this freely. Well done

5 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by ufuosman(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2022
Na u be cruise
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by nedekid: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2022
Nice one sister.
Enjoy your trip jare. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Tasting my way through the city. Nothing but positive naija vibes!
Oh! Baby yooooo
Welcome.
Begin prepare, you shall be with me in paradise!

2 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2022
phemmyfour:
OP is definitely a food addict
So she no go chop again? Or what?

2 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Tegabadguy(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders,

Stay tuned for Part 2!

abeg who dey sponsored you to travel
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Das1mama: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders,

Stay tuned for Part 2!

AMEN
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by wehdone(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Enjoyed Aso Rock and a view of the mosque!

Guards brigade polo... You should have gone on a Saturday to enjoy some games

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by tonexman18(m): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2022
Abuja is so underrated..

3 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Das1mama: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2022
In CASE YOU WILL NEED THE SERVICE OF eh!! is it a COMPANY/ GUIDIAN ANGEL I'M THE BEST PLUG FOR THAT. I'M NOT EXPENSIVE. and as a matter of FACT every SECONDS you SPEND will be ACCOUNTABLE and MEMORABLE.
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Adakintroy: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2022
No poor places. Not abuja enough.
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by babajero(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2022
Make you or your plug better reserve small change o, just in case the need for ransom payment arises.
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Nokio1: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2022
You go oyiñbo section only

Come snap with us for Lugbe,nyanya,karimo,one man village,dutse alhaji,masaka

Better fish dey Zimbabwe sef

2 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by AlphaTaikun: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

It's not a "Yoruba" game, rather it's an African sports.

In Igbo we call it, "Nchọkọrọ" other Igbo dialects have words for it too. My grandma that has never visited Yoruba land played it in her childhood. Her childhood is more than 80 years ago. Let's stop appropriating something that is general as personal to us.
Ayo is classified as a board game of
Yoruba origins for centuries now.
International literature online and offline clearly state this fact.

I engage in typing what I know, and don't engage in ethnic rivalry here.

Ibos may have created their own type of game and this is what I expected you to say here instead of saying it is general.

My own father is within your grandmother's age range so her childhood was just in the 1940s which is a recent timeframe in modern history when the British colonialists were still in Nigeria and there was migration of various ethnicities by rail, road, or water transportation from one region to the other with the adoption of words and traditions of others.

3 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Das1mama: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
Lagbaja54:

You look really beautiful. I just touch down in Lagos too from NY.
NY? ok you mean NASARAWA YOLA? INA KWANA ABOKI!

2 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by WIZGUY69(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
See village foools degrading their country grin but they will always lick the white man’s foot path. Las las, if they struggle to get visa to travel there, the same white men they dickkride won’t still look regard them as human. I’ve never seen any citizen degrade their country like some set of bastardds from a section of the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Osewa03: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2022
Gerrard59:
She is back again! grin

I am glad you are having a lovely time. You love good dining and palatable meals. I don't know if it costs a kobo, but if you have the time, you could contact Hotperidot and Abujafoodplug to assist in curating a list of places for you to further flex life.

As usual, beautiful and, this time, sumptuous pictures. I missed Naija suya and barbecued fish tho. Try eating Bole before you leave (check those pages for the best Bole plugs in Abuja). However, if you will visit other states, eat the Bole in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state. That is the home of Bole. It is made up of roasted ripe plantain (to enjoy it, the plantain MUST be ripe), roasted fish and sauce (made up of palm oil, onions and tomatoes). If you are offered roasted groundnuts and plantain as Bole, please for the love of God, respectfully decline it.

This guy and asslicking abroad women �.I understand you my brother. It's not easy

1 Like

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by udomma1005(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2022
Yuneehk:

Even in a thread that just has to do with sight seeing and food, you still couldn't resist airing your tribalistic comment.

Nah, it's in you.
Yeah, apart from you, I and a few others, a lot of people are mad but have stubbornly refuse to take of their clothes so we could have accurate statistics on record!
Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2022
All these foods, na only you chop am? Nawa oh. Wobiliki wobia. Enjoyment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Ayo is classified as a game of
Yoruba origins for centuries in international literature online and offline. I engage in typing what
I know and don't engage in ethnic rivalry here.

Ibos may have created their own type of game and this is what I expected you to say here instead of saying it is general.

My own father is within your grandmother's age range so her childhood was just in the 1940s which is a recent timeframe in modern history when the British colonialists were still in Nigeria and there was migration of various ethnicities by rail, road, or water transportation from one region to the other with the adoption of words and traditions of others.

This is how propaganda and misrepresentation start; you said for CENTURIES, Nchọkọrọ/Ayo is classified as a game of Yoruba origin in INTERNATIONAL LITERATURE, OFFLINE AND ONLINE. The things wrong in that statement is uncountable. Are we to start from CENTURIES? That means for more than 200 years it has been written down that Yoruba has the origin of Nchọkọrọ/Ayo, INCREDIBLE LIE.

From your last paragraph, you were trying to infer that the game was spread probably by Yorubas to other ethnic groups in Africa with the colonial masters. You are really trying.

My brother, some things are just the way they are, we can't pinpoint the origin. We can write revisionist thesis with tribal backgrounds in other to favour us, but it still remain our deceitful imaginations.

You play the game, Hausa, Igbo, Ijaw etc also play the game for ages with different names and variations. If you can bear so, let's leave it at that. Don't lay claim to what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria by Hardy123(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2022
Nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okada With Customized Umbrella Spotted In Lagos (photos) / Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) / Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.