Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell (80001 Views)

He Is Tired Of Canada And Wants To Come Back To Nigeria / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by victorVIC1(m): 9:49am On Nov 24, 2022
wirinet:

There is no society without its frustrations except utopia. The key is learning how to survive despite frustrations. Many countries are also in a worse state that it was 3 years ago. In fact very few countries of the world is better off than it was 3 years ago. UK, US and most of the western world are facing an energy crisis. Inflation is also ripping havoc on their economies. Believe Nigeria is not the worse country in the world, we are only loud at washing our dirty linen outdoors.

I agree with you on certain points but what makes the Nigerian situation peculiar is the fact that most of our problems are man made... Simply as a result of bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sukkot: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2022
tshtsh:

Living outside Nigeria is not for everyone. Some people have an outgoing personality. For me I'm an indoor person and coped well living outside Nigeria. Even when I lived in Lagos I hardly ever socialized with co-workers. My reason being that the more I keep to myself the less exposed I become to problems and issues. But I understand that some people are not like that. My friend recently move to Pickering, Ontario from Lagos and he use to call me to ask things like "where is happening" and all. I say to him that I don't go out that often. I have a lot of friends here whom I was close to back in USA but they moved to Toronto after their studies in USA. I miss many invitations to meet up with them. Tomorrow is thanksgiving and I reluctantly bought a ticket to Chicago to spend the weekend with some friends. This is my nature and I have never found Toronto boring.

Please do what works for you best as I believe you had a reason for moving to Canada. I moved to Toronto because the tech sector in Nigeria was still pretty much in its infantry stage and I wanted to work in a developed economy to update my skills and work on some real projects. So far so good software engineering is booming in Canada. I'm able to save between CAD2k and CAD3k monthly after all expenses. A lot of black women in Canada are also bored and ready throw themselves at a guy that talks to them. So I get your point that boredom is a real issue especially for newcomers who know very few people here.
alright lets Do the math on that. so you are a tech guru in a booming tech job iN canada where you save you say 2000 caadian a month. in a year thats 24k. your work lifespan as a techie lets say 25 years ? thats 24 times 25 is 600 thousand canadian which is 450 thousand US DOLLARS. now do you know an apartment in banana island is like 2 million usd ? shocked grin the point here is all na rat race

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sukkot: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2022
victorVIC1:

You must be a joke to think the black market option is a sustainable solution? Can your two gallons run an SUV for 3 hours? I guess you're just making remarks from a parochial point of view.
man said parochial grin grin grin grin

am just trollin wink
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Lukuluku69(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2022
sukkot:
lol is he still inn nigeria and how is he doing ?

He is still very much around. Aand he is a big boy now. Plenty money sef. Had a First Class in Industrial Chemistry and a Masters abroad but said he can never work for anyone.

Set up businesses in Trading. He is a Multimillionaire now.

That Egbon na weirdo.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by RPG2020(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2022
Bksense:

What will people in Canada benefit that those in banana island won't? Thing is most of you have never really enter a plane before. That's your issue

People in Canada benefit security health benefit working benefit and many more while those in plantain island don't
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sukkot: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2022
Treadway:
well said. Chances are you will outlive him even if he lives on Mars, as God is the giver and taker of life at the end of the day. Stupid empty beings. Imagine the bile, all because you said you will prefer the banana island as opposed to mortgage and taxes...the worthless idiot then doubles down to say you may not make it past 60. I heartily proclaim for him what he wished you, for simply stating your choice/preference. Most of these guys are nutters, I tell you.
man said nutters grin grin
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by victorVIC1(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2022
sukkot:
man said parochial grin grin grin grin

am just trollin wink

Enjoy...No time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sukkot: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2022
Lukuluku69:

He is still very much around. Aand he is a big boy now. Plenty money sef. Had a First Class in Industrial Chemistry and a Masters abroad but said he can never work for anyone.

Set up businesses in Trading. He is a Multimillionaire now.

That Egbon na weirdo.
a happy ending for the weirdo egbon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sukkot: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2022
Quinex2:
Anyways, best wishes to everyone.
Hanty wetin you find go hongkong ? abi you marry bruce lee ?
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Pokerface1(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2022
Bksense:

LoL. Left Canada permanently two years ago. I'm currently there for a conference slated to end next week and can't even wait to leave already. I do wonder why people kill themselves to be here, but I can understand

Please if you have a sure link for me to move there, I'd be ever grateful, I'd raise the funds and move ASAP.. even here in Nigeria that am surounded with many people I'm still alone,I'd be fine over there and make my life worth it .. thanks �
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Greazyman99: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2022
Aareona:
Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. It's been 3years and my savings is still Short of $20k despite how much my friends in Nigeria do tell me how easy it is for me to make money abroad but I never tell them my situation. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine
Whatever you do sha don’t come back o
You can go to another country

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Lukuluku69(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2022
sukkot:
a happy ending for the weirdo egbon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes o.

Whether you stay in Siberia, Kathmandu, New York City, Toronto or anywhere else you decide to settle and call home, your happiness and well-being is the most important thing.

I am here, everything is not what I want but I can understand and embrace the shortcomings. I would rather embrace them, explain them away rather than complain about it

I know someone who entered same America and after 12years came back with absolutely nothing aside his humble self and there are dozens who went over and made their lives seemingly better.

The gist of my dogon turenchi? Don't use one case to judge all and don't use all cases to judge one! Lol

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by sukkot: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Yes o.

Whether you stay in Siberia, Kathmandu, New York City, Toronto or anywhere else you decide to settle and call home, your happiness and well-being is the most important thing.

I am here, everything is not what I want but I can understand and embrace the shortcomings. I would rather embrace them, explain them away rather than complain about it

I know someone who entered same America and after 12years came back with absolutely nothing aside his humble self and there are dozens who went over and made their lives seemingly better.

The gist of my dogon turenchi? Don't use one case to judge all and don't use all cases to judge one! Lol
i totally feel you bro. everybody get hin own destiny grin

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by MufasaLion: 10:09am On Nov 24, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Come on! Throw away your defeatist, slavish mentality. angry

If only one person will be in the rich and elite category, that person must be ME. cool

You sound more dumber than I had thought.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Lucrativress(f): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2022
Bksense:

Hmm you know a lot about me. Have we met before?
Who are you
Who are you?
Lone ranger
Owo meji fenikansoso
Twale Baba!
100% Savagery
Se kin kawo sile?
The mental control in not going vulgar has made you earn my respect

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by monex(m): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2022
Bksense:

Coming from someone who's never board a plane before. I used to say it most Nigerian youth are the way they are because they're lazy and unproductive. Except to speak bad of their country, talk about sex, betting, there's nothing else in their brain.

According to you, someone cannot chose to leave a country if he wishes? I left Canada because I was done for good. I saw how things are, and can't be fooled into investing the money I've worked hard for years in Canada where tax will probably eat me dry and I'll always pay rent. So hard to build your own house without incurring serious mortgage. Took my Money, come back and still working for my organization

Aside from WAEC certificate, which I doubt you have, what else can you claim to have in that your God Forsaken hole in Nigeria?

elitism is your bane

you would never have survived in most developed societies
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Lucrativress(f): 10:17am On Nov 24, 2022
monex:

elitism is your bane

you would never have survived in most developed societies
I do not know him but don't be quick to conclude
His profile seems similar to a distant acquaintance who "made it happen to himself"

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by monex(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2022
Ameoba300:
Dear Op,

You made a very salient point though. But I'll advise you get a gf, wife or move into a shared apartment. Or you can start blogging and vlogging just to beat the loneliness.

Also try to learn to enjoy your own company — I have heard how lonely Europe can be. My friend in Finland, after awhile almost lost her mind — she was later placed on therapy. Nigeria is a really interesting place to be, as you can just meet a total stranger on the way, strike a conversation and friendship don start.... Apart from Africans, I don't think the rest of the world is as communal as we are.

As regards your financials — I'm no advisor but I think there's no right time in life, every moment is right to start. If what you are currently doing isn't favourable, recaliberate your attention and focus on other profitable things.

Wishing you Godspeed.

Brazilians and some carribeans are as communal as us
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by WantsandMore: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2022
You've gotten to that Ego/Emotional need level in the Maslow's Hierarchy of needs & as such must be respected accordingly, I'll advise, it's artificial, infact every needs and wants becomes artificial immediately when they are attained, to get around this, since you're unable to make organic connections/relationships, you may have to create artificial ones, go to bars, join a voluntary community that aligns with your altruistic ideals, be religious and join a religious movement/community, this may not solve the issues permanently but will go a long way to help you manage this existential aspects of your life & do not forget sex is as important as sleep.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by monex(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2022
maasoap:

Exaggeration! With plenty money, you can provide yourself with everything you need in this country.

Do you have plenty money to validate the bolded.

Emergency response is the biggest issue in this country. Most of us are one emergency away from ruin or death
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by savysu: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2022
Bksense:

LoL. Left Canada permanently two years ago. I'm currently there for a conference slated to end next week and can't even wait to leave already. I do wonder why people kill themselves to be here, but I can understand

Humans only value what they don't have
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Osewa03: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2022
MufasaLion:

You sound more dumber than I had thought.

Guy, I'm sorry but I need to waddle in. Tbh, you have a defeated mindset about nigeria. You can never really be successful here. All your post and comments I've read here doesn't really address the OP concerns. All that you want to show is how it's hard being a Nigerian. Since yesterday, you're Here throwing different shades to people and trying so hard to ridicule OP's weakness. Not everyone is strong to cope with the loneliness and that's being honest. Here, a guys wife left Canada because of this same issue. Said he can't stay here forever too because he see the difference. Nigeria is the way it is because of the citizens. It's only until u left that u know you people's hypocrisy concerning that country

Why can't you just read this post, and if you have nothing to contribute, move on. Rather than letting people know how you are having it hard.

I also saw how you wish deaths on your own people Just because you want to prove how people don't die in Canada. Seriously, your post sucks.

The OP raise a serious concern. It's fine not everyone can understand. But to disprove it as nothing is mere stupidity

4 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Osewa03: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2022
monex:

Do you have plenty money to validate the bolded.

Emergency response is the biggest issue in this country. Most of us are one emergency away from ruin or death

This emergency issue y'all cry over. Do you know you can pay $10,000 if an emergency unit come pick you in your home in the US? Depending on distance and depending on your health insurance package?. Don't pray to have emergency issue anywhere bro , you can't afford it unless you're rich or you have a decent insurance. I pray good health follow you

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2022
MufasaLion:

The governor ended up dying and that could even happen to anyone abroad because of the severity of the case. Buhari's son was flown abroad and before that, he had access to the best medical team in the country, which were to only stabilize him before flying him to Germany! Why didn't they do the surgery in Nigeria even with their best team?

Akeredolu should blame his physician and the health care system for churning out professionals without having proper provisions for them to function well. A health care system that lacks adequate infrastructures. Can even Buhari use the National Hospital? No! Resident doctors, consultants, medical students are always on strike and you expect the best of health?

Abba Kyari got COVID in Germany when the pandemic was about to start, it wasn't a global issue then. When it became a global issue, all countries shut down travels and the leaders in this despot called Nigeria couldn't travel, hence the reason Abba died!

Buhari most likely had COVID but we might know because the leaders in this country are used to keeping everything a secret. Also, even if he didn't have it, he is a President and his safety and health are paramount, so it's not anything special!

The heath care is as bad as I painted it! Go to the clinic and see how people die daily due to negligence, unprofessionalism, etc. In Nigeria, if you're taken to the clinic for emergency, you won't be attended to unless you make a deposit. That's how bad it is!
Now you're making excuses for the governor's death because it occurred after he flew abroad. I'm sure if he died in Nigeria you'll brandish that as further evidence of Nigeria's broken health system.
Good you admit Buhari's son was stabilized in Nigeria before flown out. According to your earlier claim, he's supposed to die on getting to a Nigerian hospital.
That Buhari refused to use Nigerian hospital is his personal nuance. We've had past presidents who patronize local hospitals.

Again, you're making excuses for foreign health system in their failure to detect covid! But you blamed Nigerian doctors for not detecting covid in Akeredolu.
You see your bias now?
No one has said the Nigerian healthcare system is top notch. What I'm pointing out is the elites are complicit with their penchance for foreign hospitals

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Osewa03: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Now you're making excuses for the governor's death because it occurred after he flew abroad. I'm sure if he died in Nigeria you'll brandish that as further evidence of Nigeria's broken health system.
Good you admit Buhari's son was stabilized in Nigeria before flown out. According to your earlier claim, he's supposed to die on getting to a Nigerian hospital.
That Buhari refused to use Nigerian hospital is his personal nuance. We've had past presidents who patronize local hospitals.

Again, you're making excuses for foreign health system in their failure to detect covid! But you blamed Nigerian doctors for not detecting covid in Akeredolu.
You see your bias now?
No one has said the Nigerian healthcare system is top notch. What I'm pointing out is the elites are complicit with their penchance for foreign hospitals
. The guy is actually very bias. I know he's suffering in Nigeria but using that to wish people early death isn't good. Make it look like people don't die in Canada

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by monex(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2022
Osewa03:

This emergency issue y'all cry over. Do you know you can pay $10,000 if an emergency unit come pick you in your home in the US? Depending on distance and depending on your health insurance package?. Don't pray to have emergency issue anywhere bro , you can't afford it unless you're rich or you have a decent insurance. I pray good health follow you

US is not your poster boy for good quality of life though. It is the poster boy for capitalism

You are more 100 times more likely to survive an emergency in UK/Canada than in the US and you are likely not going to spend a fortune too.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Osewa03: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You see your bias now?
.I always avoid people like that. I see the way people are trying to correct him, but yet, he's not seeing reasonings.

I'm in talk with a lady in Canada about getting married to her and all that. I know what we're discussing. I know what she told me about how that place is. Even shared that story on this page for advise. But Nigerian always want to make these places heaven. You'll see them saying "don't come back home" and you start wondering when did an average Nigerian start caring about a fellow Nigerian? It's hypocrisy. Just to demean the country. I understand it. We all know how we all treat each other here. But when it concern abroad, you hear "don't leave o". They think saying things like that will hasten their Visa approval. �

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by wallarwallar(m): 10:40am On Nov 24, 2022
20k$ savings in less than 3years and you are complaining abt loneliness not sure you can make that in 10 years in Nigeria. See in dis life you cant hv everything but it is always good wen u hv d most important thing and opportunity as other stuff will fall in line naturally with time

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by naijainstinct: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2022
Bksense:

Everyone knows y'all are poor. Go to Reddit and Quora and see how they yab your country. So, next
it is at this point I concluded you are an attention seeking pig.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by monex(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
Golan007:

Hope you know in UK of today, if you have a headache, unless it is absolutely reported as something that is about to kill you, you won't see a doctor till January.

correct. the benefit of health care in developed societies is the emergency response.

If it is not an emergency then your queue go long

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos) / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) / Coronavirus Scare: Masked Man Gets Seats All To Himself (Photo, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.