Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,731 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional (1305 Views)

Did He Rob Lipstick? How Can A Man Be Allowed To Be This Sexy {photo}} / Ladies Share Some Of The Worst Things Men Have Done To Them, Very Interesting / Nigerian Ladies Drop Pick Up Lines Married Men Have Used On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by FolowoseleTosin: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2022
A psychiatrist, Dr Jolomi Ikomi says guys have to be allowed to cry while passing via a awful section to save you the build-up of poor feelings that may predispose to many intellectual fitness troubles, which includes despair, tension and suicide.

Dr Ikomi, who spoke on the digital November version of the Interactive Monthly Community Engagement (IMCE) collection of the Asido Foundation with the theme “Men’s emotional Wellness” to mark International Men’s day, stated crying in guys and boys in African tradition is visible as a signal of weak spot or being now no longer manly sufficient and the stereotype makes guys forget their emotional fitness.

Ikomi, the Medical Director of Outpatient Addiction Medicine, at Christiana Care Hospital in Delaware, USA, stated because the time of the COVID -19 pandemic because of social isolation and monetary crisis, there was an growth withinside the variety of fellows with intellectual fitness issues like melancholy and suicide.

According to him, regardless of the provision of powerful remedy for intellectual fitness conditions, many guys hotel to drug and alcohol use; social isolation and interact in high-danger behaviour to deal with inner emotional conflicts, in addition predisposing them to extreme consequences of intellectual fitness issues like suicide and homicide.

He brought, “such guys are three instances much more likely to turn out to be hooked on those materials and seven instances much more likely to die because of substance abuse. Suicide amongst guys is growing for distinct motives throughout all age groups; finished suicide has been proven to be three to 7 instances greater in guys than withinside the fashionable population.

“A lot of guys who devote suicide in no way attain out for assist or in no way are looking for any shape of intellectual fitness remedy commonly from feeling inadequate, feeling judged or matters going incorrect of their lives that they can't fix. “

Dr Ikomi stated effects of intellectual fitness stigma and inflexible masculine norms like “guys don’t cry”, don’t be a wimp” and “be a man” had contributed to discouragement in searching for assist, problems with interpersonal violence, boom in basic mental distress, worsening of melancholy and tension and abuse of materials.

The intellectual fitness professional stated to make sure the emotional well being of guys, there's a want for society to redefine masculine norms that promote it poisonous masculinity, and boom recognition of male suicide, in households masculinity does now no longer have to reveal that fathers as now no longer have terrible feelings and screening for intellectual fitness.

According to him, guys ought to forestall ignoring their feelings, communicate up and attain out for assist to get thru it.

He delivered that a terrific manner to take care of their emotional health is bodily activity, such as gambling football and they may additionally are looking for assist thru telemedicine.’

Earlier, Mr Oluwatosin Olu-Jacobs stated Asido Foundation, a now no longer-for-income company thru its programmes are looking for to counter the sea of ignorance, disgrace and stigma round intellectual fitness whilst offering evidence-primarily based totally interventions to enhance engagement and advocacy for intellectual fitness.
https://www.bigbrothergisthub.com/2022/11/men-have-to-be-allowed-to-cry-while.html

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2022
I didn't read the article, but it's okay if a man crys, he's human too.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Benki003(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=Nia69 post=118644372]I didn't read the article,

Then u have to read it again
Ndi feminist

3 Likes

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2022
Benki003:
Then u have to read it again
Ndi feminist
I'm not a feminist.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Benki003(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
Nia69:
I'm not a feminist.

You are don't deny it
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2022
Benki003:

You are don't deny it
undecided If I was I'd say it, there's nothing you can do about it but I'm not.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Benki003(m): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2022
Nia69:
undecided If I was I'd say it, there's nothing you can do about it but I'm not.

Nina right wink
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2022
Benki003:

Nina right wink
Thonia.

2 Likes

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by virginprincess(f): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2022
Who stop them from cryingundecided,they are the ones always forming strong head in the name of Men Don't Cry.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by obinna58(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2022
Cry for wetin?
If crying solves problems then it's acceptable but if it doesn't then what's the essence?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Solofresh2: 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
Before nko
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nonye1234: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
Trust me, men cry. I don't know if I like it. From the recent events I was unfortunate to be a part of, n*gga cries at every given opportunity. Any small thing, water don full hin eye. Man kon soft pass woman. Dey do like new born baby, dey cry anyhow. If he annoy you, he go cry, if he dey vex, he go cry, if you no give am wetin he want, he go cry, if you give am good news, he go cry.

All I'm saying is, you're allowed to cry, we're all humans, but if your own is as much as this guy's own, brother please change. The tears will look like manipulation one-day

1 Like

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Benki003(m): 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nia69:
Thonia.

Ur not Nigerian shocked
If not why the name
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nonye1234:
Trust me, men cry. I don't know if I like it. From the recent events I was unfortunate to be a part of, n*gga cries at every given opportunity. Any small thing, water don full hin eye. Man kon soft pass woman. Dey do like new born baby, dey cry anyhow. If he annoy you, he go cry, if he dey vex, he go cry, if you no give am wetin he want, he go cry, if you give am good news, he go cry.

All I'm saying is, you're allowed to cry, we're all humans, but if your own is as much as this guy's own, brother please change. The tears will look like manipulation one-day
I like the name Nonye. Is that your name?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Benki003:

Ur not Nigerian shocked
If not why the name
I'm Nigerian. It's short form for Anthonia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by qtguru(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
I only cry when George Michael is playing or old people suffering, otherwise I'm toxic af tongue
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nonexisting1: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2022
I use the time for crying to strategize how to overcome my despair and avoid history from repeating itself because that modafoka always do. angry
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Allison012: 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2022
Well, crying in men is normal. But men crying because of woman(nigerian girl for that matter) is not normal but simping and stupidity and such men are to be sent to correction center.

1 Like

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Benki003(m): 1:50am On Nov 25, 2022
Nia69:
I'm Nigerian. It's short form for Anthonia.

Nice meeting you wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Eleyigidgan: 2:55am On Nov 25, 2022
Benki003:

Nice meeting you wink
that girl na lesbian ooo. avoid her
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Benki003(m): 6:05am On Nov 25, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
that girl na lesbian ooo.
avoid her

Lmfao op say na lesbian grin grin grin
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by brosom(m): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2022
Crying is natural, it's part of us.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
that girl na lesbian ooo.
avoid her
undecided

1 Like

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Prettygirl200(f): 9:58am On Nov 25, 2022
Who said men don't cry? They cry as much as women do, they don't only cry in public but when they are alone with no one around they cry.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Eleyigidgan: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2022
Nia69:
undecided
thonia let's talk privately
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 25, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Who said men don't cry? They cry as much as women do, they don't only cry in public but when they are alone with no one around they cry.
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 25, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
thonia let's talk privately
I don't know you. Let's talk here.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Eleyigidgan: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2022
Nia69:
there's something I want to share with you that's confidential
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by christianjoy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
tell her here let me read it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by christianjoy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nia69:
we are listening.
Re: Men Have To Be Allowed To Cry While Emotional by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
Say it here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asaba Girls Come And Disvirginr Me Now / Arsenal Fans Can Relate / He's Half Igbo And Half Spanish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.