Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School (10265 Views)

Bill To Enforce Teaching Of History In Schools Introduced In Senate / The Government Didn't Ban History In Schools / Basic School News Headlines This Week : 27th August – 2nd September 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School by Moneyyman: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2022
That's true. Your posit is quite brilliant. I hope we get it right.

J3susFr3ak:

But then the so-called Nigeria cannot just be reduced to a mere simplistic "North and South". This too was a convenient colonial construct which is also fueling the multi-dimensional fires of the chaos and problems today.

If you are using history to create a new constitution for the country....I challenge you to do away with the North/South dichotomy and acknowledge pre-colonial sovereign Kingdoms and alliances. I bet you....this is exactly what the hypocritical preachers of a so-called "monolithic north" do not want. They want to yarn new types of lies about "conquering Benue"....thinking everyone is an ape from the primitive Dan Fodio days.
Re: FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School by bizzibodi(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2022
I hope they will not expunge the part that some aliens from futa Jalon mountain invaded & conquaded the Hausa kingdoms turning them to religious slaves to this day.
Re: FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School by Thomasankara(m): 4:45am On Nov 26, 2022
[/color]so many bro[color=#770077]
Viridis:

Having studied government and civic there is hardly anything you will bring up in history that I don't know
Re: FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School by d142475: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

While I would agree with you that the states always had the power to introduce the teaching of history on their own, and I believe some still do at that level....you have to be very aware of the fact that there has been a huge upswing in a massive propaganda brainwashing attempt to "rewrite" history mainly from the view of Northern muslims with twisted ulterior motives. They do not even need secular schools teaching secular subjects to brainwash them. Every week in their Islamic mosques they indoctrinate their footsoldiers with concentrated lies about the real histories of mainly Christian areas of the Middle Belt who were never conquered by precolonial jihadists--but only fell to British colonial rule. They try to justify their constant bloodshed and attacks on indigenous non-muslim groups by REWRITING the real history of particular places with bold faced shameless lies.

As for the issue of security...you also know as well that state Governors being in charge of security might as well be some type of sham right? Their powers to curb incursions is almost always limited by actions at the Federal level.

The Military structure of the entire country needs to be totally overhauled and reconstituted as it has become an easy tool for whoever is in charge to abuse. The title "Commander-in-Chief" of a supposed Nigerian nation only exists to aggressively push for the self-centered interests of the individual's ethnic/religious group without any real checks and balances--even if that Head of State would covertly support terrorists--and simultaneously pretend to support the military at the same time..

Now how about ensuring that the Governor has the power to actually dictate to the Police and the Military in their domain about an urgent security issue without the need to consult a God-forsaken "abuja" for once? Of course, blocking that reality will only lead to the eventual formations of State owned Para-Military forces to match the functions and purpose of the military in such cases where Fulani Terrorists attack villages near an army cantonment near Jos....but they just watched, waiting for orders from Abuja. Yet they were very very quick to respond against the Jos natives when there was a counter-attack against the marauding Muslim murderers.

Ancient History. Modern contemporary history...all need to be taught in all fairness and truth since it merely records the evils and abuses of mostly people in power and those who idolize them.

No doubt Nigeria needs to be restructured, he even with current structure, the states can do a lot to alleviate the plight of their people. If you know how much our governors collect from Abuja in the name of allocation and security votes and how little they do with it, you’d cry. Also, if a governor is nkt corrupt and truly works for his people and have his people solidly behind him, Abuja will be cautious with that governor.
About the current structure, these governors don’t respect the constitution or rule of law in the governance of their respective states (they are lawless -mini emperors), but once it comes to taking radical steps to actually benefit their people, they point to the constitution as tying their hands. If I am governor, I’d damn that evil constitution (as they usually do when it benefits them and their cronies) and Abuja and ARM a well formed vigilante to fight Fulani herdsmen that are killing my people (after all they have armed thugs already that do the dirty jobs for them). I won’t wait for Abuja to give me permission to defend my people against the marauding barbarians.

Re: FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School by Professor822714: 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thats not my job. When naija touch you small your eye go clear
Christistruth00:

Present only just 2 Obituaries from the Lekki Massacre if it is not a lie and a hoax

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mapoly Suspend Six Senior Staff / School Fees At The University Of Ibadan: / ----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.