Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Experience At The Gym Today - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience At The Gym Today (5705 Views)

Guess Who I Jam For Gym Today? (pics) / Lady Works Out On A Man's Face At The Gym. See Reactions (Photos) / Gym Instructor Loses Concentration After A Slay Queen Shook Her Chest At The Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by AndroidAI(m): 8:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
jclassiq:

Okay, buster!

A terrible human you are!!
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by ObongIdeas: 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
I know you are learning story writing; you scored 4/10 with this. Work hard
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Emmanuel909090: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
Is your daughter's school called a gym?
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Streetmovement(m): 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Hahaha, I understand your frustration Op

Even in my most casual and simple wears people still believe I have it all, na Nigerians dey carry dressing for head pass any other country, if you don't dress well it simply means you don't have money but if you do then you're on top of the world. That twisted mentality though.

E go better grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Timagex(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
Nonexisting1:
This got me dripping tears.

Something that almost made me cry....continue o sad

grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Timagex(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Rotary club
What is it about?
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by ruggedtimi(m): 11:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
JONSYN7154:
stadium road now have a gym?

Waw! That's grate. I once stayed behind that filling station what's is it called self? Mosaic I guess.

I miss Port Harcourt.
"stadium road now have a gym" i guess you once stayed at stadium road in the 90s
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by captainking(m): 7:08am On Nov 27, 2022
JONSYN7154:
stadium road now have a gym?

Waw! That's grate. I once stayed behind that filling station what's is it called self? Mosaic I guess.

I miss Port Harcourt.
Really? You don't know Charlie's gym on stadium road
It's been there for a while..
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by freddie009(m): 7:26am On Nov 27, 2022
ibkayee:
Nigeria is a superficially deferential society...I mean it could happen anywhere I guess but Nigeria's own is on steroids. Sorry about that lol

People judge you by your physical appearance. Is something you can't take away from Nigerians. It happens everywhere, is now left for you to always package yourself or just ignore them (let them assume anything)

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by zexy2030(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Lmao

Respect in Nigeria

Is when you have beard, dress properly , have money and have a car.

People will respect you.

Nothing wrong in looking simple but he doesn't need to blame the poor lady because there are too many insecurities in Nigeria.

If you are in that lady's shoe, you will act same.

Even if you don't dress well, smell good. It will confuse their judgment.

Wearing a cologne of 150k on a faded polo will
confuse the lady.

Because generally women have the sharpest sense of smell.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by elmagnifico411(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2022
In the beginning, it was as if u were kolo, but u later got healed. Ask me why did I make such comment? It's becos you realised that it's always good to dress well at all times.. u don't have to look expensive. Yorubas would dey; "irinisi ni isonilokuta'. It simply means, 'na d way people see u Dem go take address u. May your healing be permanent. Remember to always drink water and mind your business. Selah.
Ekele22:
As I type this , I reminisced what just happened at a gymn center I took my daughter to.

What effrontery, what audacity, what guts does the attendee has to push me away....

This the gist ......

It happens that I had the privilege to drive my daughter to a gymn center along stadium road here in port harcourt for her classes on Saturdays
( pls don’t ask me what is she doing at the gym place)

Today I dress very casual because I was watching a World Cup match ( don’t ask me who is playing either), just on my shorts and almost faded polo to go pick her because it was my cousin that dropped her in the morning .

This time my cousin who stay with me for the moment was looking so fresh up and nice dressed and I was looking like his driver. That’s not a big deal so we entered the building, everybody was greeting my younger cousin, welcome sir, welcome sir, even the security at the entrance. That’s not a big deal.

To my greatest surprise when we got into the mean arena my daughter is, she hasn’t notice me so I beckoned on one of the pretty young attendees to go fetch her for me , but she refuse, she downplayed my request.
because i wasn’t dressed well was totally ignored.
I almost wept,
My cousin noticed it and ask if he could help get my daughter, I oblige.

It was when the pretty lady saw my cousin that she opened up and ask him to wait, she will get her for us.

To cut the scenario short, my daughter ran towards me like daughter and father cruise that the foolish lady knew I wasn’t joking .
I just took my kid away and went home.

What did I learn from such scenario
1. To be properly dressed at all time
2. I learn also not to under rate people, the guy you think is a nobody can be the person you need for help
Stay blessed my people.

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2022
As for me, i deliberately dress down, i really prefer being overlooked by such people than having their respect. Reason. I have had lots of life experiences so i really do not want such people around me. Most times they usually only want something from you, and if you don't have it. You are dropped like a hot potato

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by falcon01: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2022
TINUBUISMAD:
I don't understand these your write up oga
he's trying to say he be shege but was mistaken for a riff-raff because of how he dressed.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by TheboyGhost(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2022
Ekele22:
As I type this , I reminisced what just happened at a gymn center I took my daughter to.

What effrontery, what audacity, what guts does the attendee has to push me away....

This the gist ......

It happens that I had the privilege to drive my daughter to a gymn center along stadium road here in port harcourt for her classes on Saturdays
( pls don’t ask me what is she doing at the gym place)

Today I dress very casual because I was watching a World Cup match ( don’t ask me who is playing either), just on my shorts and almost faded polo to go pick her because it was my cousin that dropped her in the morning .

This time my cousin who stay with me for the moment was looking so fresh up and nice dressed and I was looking like his driver. That’s not a big deal so we entered the building, everybody was greeting my younger cousin, welcome sir, welcome sir, even the security at the entrance. That’s not a big deal.

To my greatest surprise when we got into the mean arena my daughter is, she hasn’t notice me so I beckoned on one of the pretty young attendees to go fetch her for me , but she refuse, she downplayed my request.
because i wasn’t dressed well was totally ignored.
I almost wept,
My cousin noticed it and ask if he could help get my daughter, I oblige.

It was when the pretty lady saw my cousin that she opened up and ask him to wait, she will get her for us.

To cut the scenario short, my daughter ran towards me like daughter and father cruise that the foolish lady knew I wasn’t joking .
I just took my kid away and went home.

What did I learn from such scenario
1. To be properly dressed at all time
2. I learn also not to under rate people, the guy you think is a nobody can be the person you need for help
Stay blessed my people.

Lessons learnt...

God bless you ....
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 27, 2022
zexy2030:

Nothing wrong in looking simple but he doesn't need to blame the poor lady because there are too many insecurities in Nigeria.

If you are in that lady's shoe, you will act same.

Even if you don't dress well, smell good. It will confuse their judgment.

Wearing a cologne of 150k on a faded polo will
confuse the lady.

Because generally women have the sharpest sense of smell.

There is nothing wrong in looking simple

The truth about the matter is that he wasn't discriminated because of how he dressed but because he was a stranger
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by ghettochild(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
This happened to me back in university..
Babcock to be precise..
That Sunday morning I had gone to the stadium and when I left for the canteen still dressed in sport wear..
I wanted to eat in the canteen.
One security officer was standing by the door not fully kitted. Actually he had a mufti t-shirt on but his pant trouser was official.
So he tried stopping me saying I can't enter wearing shorts..
My response was he had no reason to even talk to me as he wasn't officially well dressed..so I ignored him n entered the canteen to eat..
Fast forward few weeks..
I got a connect with some women who had just moved to Ilishan Remo n started a food business..
She would prepare jollof rice. All I had to do is smuggle it into the school n sell the entire quantity in my hostel. The business was hot Cake then as we had the wife of one of the pastor in school who does something similar.
Now this security officer happened to be living in the same compound as the woman n they already had issues..
The day he saw me in the house..
He know I was the woman's link
Well he did Bleep the whole thing up..as one day the entire food was seize at the school gate.
I learnt a lesson sha that day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduation Party Goes Wild. See Dirty Pictures. +18 Only / Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? / Ladies! Ever Had A Wardrobe Malfunction??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.