Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

My Experience At The Gym Today - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience At The Gym Today (5700 Views)

Guess Who I Jam For Gym Today? (pics) / Lady Works Out On A Man's Face At The Gym. See Reactions (Photos) / Gym Instructor Loses Concentration After A Slay Queen Shook Her Chest At The Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Gym Today by Ekele22(m): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
As I type this , I reminisced what just happened at a gymn center I took my daughter to.

What effrontery, what audacity, what guts does the attendee has to push me away....

This the gist ......

It happens that I had the privilege to drive my daughter to a gymn center along stadium road here in port harcourt for her classes on Saturdays
( pls don’t ask me what is she doing at the gym place)

Today I dress very casual because I was watching a World Cup match ( don’t ask me who is playing either), just on my shorts and almost faded polo to go pick her because it was my cousin that dropped her in the morning .

This time my cousin who stay with me for the moment was looking so fresh up and nice dressed and I was looking like his driver. That’s not a big deal so we entered the building, everybody was greeting my younger cousin, welcome sir, welcome sir, even the security at the entrance. That’s not a big deal.

To my greatest surprise when we got into the mean arena my daughter is, she hasn’t notice me so I beckoned on one of the pretty young attendees to go fetch her for me , but she refuse, she downplayed my request.
because i wasn’t dressed well was totally ignored.
I almost wept,
My cousin noticed it and ask if he could help get my daughter, I oblige.

It was when the pretty lady saw my cousin that she opened up and ask him to wait, she will get her for us.

To cut the scenario short, my daughter ran towards me like daughter and father cruise that the foolish lady knew I wasn’t joking .
I just took my kid away and went home.

What did I learn from such scenario
1. To be properly dressed at all time
2. I learn also not to under rate people, the guy you think is a nobody can be the person you need for help
Stay blessed my people.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by TINUBUISMAD: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
I don't understand these your write up oga

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2022
Congrats or I'm sorry all that happened to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by ibkayee(f): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
Nigeria is a superficially deferential society...I mean it could happen anywhere I guess but Nigeria's own is on steroids. Sorry about that lol

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Bluezy13(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2022
Although you tried to portray simplicity in your write-up, yet your pride kept getting in the way.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by mystery22: 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Too much of "don't ask me" in your story.

16 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by JONSYN7154: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ekele22:
As I type this , I reminisced what just happened at a gymn center I took my daughter to.

What effrontery, what audacity, what guts does the attendee has to push me away....

This the gist ......

It happens that I had the privilege to drive my daughter to a gymn center along stadium road here in port harcourt for her classes on Saturdays

Today I dress very casual because I was watching a World Cup match ( don’t ask me who is playing either), just on my shorts and almost faded polo to go pick her because it was my cousin that dropped her in the morning .

This time my cousin who stay with me for the moment was looking so fresh up and nice dressed and I was looking like his driver. That’s not a big deal so we entered the building, everybody was greeting my younger cousin, welcome sir, welcome sir, even the security at the entrance. That’s not a big deal.

To my greatest surprise when we got into the mean arena my daughter is, she hasn’t notice me so I beckoned on one of the pretty young attendees to go fetch her for me , but she refuse, she downplayed my request.
I almost wept,

It was when the pretty lady saw my cousin that she opened up and ask him to wait, she will get her for us.

To cut the scenario short, my daughter ran towards me like daughter and father cruise that the foolish lady knew I wasn’t joking .

2. I learn also not to under rate people, the guy you think is a nobody can be the person you need for help
Stay blessed my people.

stadium road now have a gym?

Waw! That's grate. I once stayed behind that filling station what's is it called self? Mosaic I guess.

I miss Port Harcourt.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
But Indians dress same way, just on shorts with their faded polo.

If you see how polite, these attendants are, towards them. You will ask your "but if i was the one that dressed like this they will say am poor"

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
One of the greatest quote I learnt this year is 'invest in your looks'

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by lifenija: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ekele22:

This the gist ......

I almost wept,

Stay blessed my people.

soo u went to gym to get ur daughter.
Thats d story.

U need weed in ur life

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Mercury12(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
Miracood2:
true for women cheesy
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by SavageBoy: 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Miracood2:

Na dem undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Timagex(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
This story reminds me of an experience I had some years ago. grin grin grin

I stopped a girl selling fufu and indicated interest in purchasing 5 wraps. She put down the big container, sold it in a nylon and went to look for change in a nearby shop. A Lexus jeep then drove by and the man asked me if the fufu was hot? I replied in the affirmative! grin. Then he asked me to quickly bring four wraps and bring 1000 naira change! cheesy I was flabbergasted! I told him I was not the seller but he refused to believe me....the thing pain me o! It was when I got home and sighted myself in the mirror that I understood!

Learn to dress well o!

In case this makes it to the promise land, I am an experienced wedding photographer based in ibadan . I am also available to travel. Buzz me on zero eight zero 63793158. wink

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by jclassiq(m): 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
I know how it feels to be disrespected but in reality no one owes you respect.

And really you shouldn't expect anything from anyone or you'd be utterly sad And disappointed.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by jclassiq(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
Timagex:

I stopped a girl selling fufu and indicated interest in purchasing 5 wraps. She put down the big container, sold it in a nylon and went to look for change in a nearby shop. A Lexus jeep then drove by and the man asked me if the fufu was hot? I replied in the affirmative! grin. Then he asked me to quickly bring four wraps and bring 1000 naira change! cheesy I was flabbergasted! I told him I was not the seller but he refused to believe me....the thing pain me o! It was when I got home and sighted myself in the mirror that I understood!

Learn to dress well o!

Lmao. Dressing is important.

It's one of the core values of rotaracts club.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by juniorstar(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ekele22:

This the gist ......

I almost wept,

Stay blessed my people.

Op is just like me..I am not bothered about my dressing and I am not bothered what ppl say..only improving my cash flow and looking for the next best investment opportunity. If you see me for road I fit worse pass your house boy sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by AndroidAI(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
First impression matters. Unfortunately, you are learning this late in life.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by AndroidAI(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
jclassiq:
I know how it feels to be disrespected but in reality no one owes you respect.

And really you shouldn't expect anything from anyone or you'd be utterly sad And disappointed.

Very wrong. Everyone deserves respect until they lose it. You sound like a terrible person!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nmezor(f): 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by brandsoncharlie: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ekele22:

This the gist ......

I almost wept,

Stay blessed my people.

And never go beyond your ratings based on low keys, I use to think like that but people will disrespect or disregard you.
The second part, I can resonate with it based on the people you think are your friends are not. But the people you think are your enemies would shock you to be the people who are your friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Timagex(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
jclassiq:

Lmao. Dressing is important.

It's one of the core values of rotaracts club.

What is the rotaracts club?
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
It seems like the Op ego was bruised, no wonder he wrote this to calm himself down

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
juniorstar:

Op is just like me..I am not bothered about my dressing and I am not bothered what ppl say..only improving my cash flow and looking for the next best investment opportunity. If you see me for road I fit worse pass your house boy sef.

If the Op is not bothered, he won't be here writing his long story

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2022
AndroidAI:

Very wrong. Everyone deserves respect until they lose it. You sound like a terrible person!

Lmao

Respect in Nigeria

Is when you have beard, dress properly , have money and have a car.

People will respect you.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2022
Timagex:

What is the rotaracts club?

Rotary club
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by jclassiq(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
AndroidAI:

Hahaha.
And you sound ignorant.
You don't always get what you deserve in reality.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by benzypher(m): 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2022
this story and it's delivery are questionable...
anyway, there is a reason "dress" is in "address".
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by AndroidAI(m): 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2022
jclassiq:

Hahaha.
And you sound ignorant.
You don't always get what you deserve in reality.
Wake up and smell the coffee.

Like I said, you sound like a terrible person!!
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nicepoker(m): 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2022
Op that girl is not your biological daughter. Don't ask me how I got to know.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nonexisting1: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
All Nigerians are hypocrites including you sir because you will still do the same to someone else in your own turf. Nothing bad in dressing casual but even then, try to add responsibly to it to avoid future recurrence.
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by jclassiq(m): 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
AndroidAI:

Like I said, you sound like a terrible person!!

Okay, buster!
Re: My Experience At The Gym Today by Nonexisting1: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
Timagex:

Learn to dress well o!
This got me dripping tears.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Want To Get Married? / My Friend Met His Lecturer Having Sex With A Female Student In His Office. / Nice DP For Singles On Valentine Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.