Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help (18294 Views)

How Can I Overcome Gambling Addiction And Borrowing Money Unnecessarily / What Is The Greatest Lie You Ever Told Or Someone Told You? Share Experiences / Why Guys Tend To Dump A Girl After Getting What They Want (sex) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Ginaz(f): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
you remind me of someone, he can lie for the whole world without shame. it was satan who gave him to him, he lies so effortlessly as how we take in breath from oxygen.

i lost all the respect i had for him when i caught him in his lies.

change , it is a very wicked thing to lie to people. i feel sorry for your wife.

2 Likes

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Jackanda1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
Blunttruth:

You care too much about people's opinion about you that's why. Once you stop caring too much about what they think of you, and you putting an effort it'll stop.
I think you are right. I Have been working on been more emotionally stable.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Jackanda1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
tamudabu:

I think he said he lies, lol.
I think i understand Joen now
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by starpower(m): 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
I have similar problem, been cautious in talking less, as in compulsive with no gain. Think it childhood trauma.
Jackanda1:
Hello house. Is there any one that has this problem? It seems there is a part of my brain that is wired this way for years now.

While most people lie to escape punishment and blame etc, i tend to lie for no reason atall. Sometimes i need to lie further just to modify the initial lie.

Examples:
1. I went late to work because i had to take home some office files which i worked with all through the night. When asked, i lied to my boss that i had a compound dispute tha made me come late. Saying the truth would have earned me praises from my boss and saved me alot of stress.

2. I got injured at home. When my landlady asked how, i lied that i had a serious accident when going to work that morning.
I told her a long story about the accident scene and all. She was sympatizing with me and almost wept. embarassed

These are just few examples i can type now, there is more.

I can't help but lie most of the time i have conversation with people. Any advice?

nlfpmod, seun
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:
Thats why i brought it here. I need help.
For a start i recently set a 5minutes reminder in my phone with a tag 'Don't Lie'. grin
You’re really cracking me up. Good luck bro

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Jackanda1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
blaquebelle:
Give yourself 5 seconds to think before you make your response. Don't be In a hurry to talk most times.
I wish it was that simple. I seem to wake up after telling a lie. Its a strong habit.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
LOl

Obi come to mind

grin grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by BABANGBALI: 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Even this your thread, I smell lies
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by praxs(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Are you Peter Obis son

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by izubext007: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Stop abusing lie
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by ask4bk(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Pls show your face so that I know how to avoid your yarns
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
When you think you've seen it all.. grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Sholayeaminebir(f): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Focus more on being a better person for you... You think so much about what people think of you. One day at a time my dear
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by BABANGBALI: 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jeon:
Hey
Happy birthday.
happy lying day to you
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by azpekuliar: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bahamas95:
My younger brother's friend is like that, that guy lie about everything. The only truth in his mouth is when he greets you. Any other thing that comes next after exchanging pleasantries are lies.

My bro don't communicate with him anymore, very annoying human being.

and when you ask for his name cheesy grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by frozen70(f): 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:
Hello house. Is there any one that has this problem? It seems there is a part of my brain that is wired this way for years now.

While most people lie to escape punishment and blame etc, i tend to lie for no reason atall. Sometimes i need to lie further just to modify the initial lie.

Examples:
1. I went late to work because i had to take home some office files which i worked with all through the night. When asked, i lied to my boss that i had a compound dispute tha made me come late. Saying the truth would have earned me praises from my boss and saved me alot of stress.

2. I got injured at home. When my landlady asked how, i lied that i had a serious accident when going to work that morning.
I told her a long story about the accident scene and all. She was sympatizing with me and almost wept. embarassed

I can't help but lie most of the time i have conversation with people. Any advice?

nlfpmod, seun

Is a bad habit you formed and it will keep developing to the extent that you will become a chronic liar and people will never trust you or believe you

If you take it up into marriage, your partner will never trust you and that will be the greatest problem of your marriage and work place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Scarletjr(m): 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Organized
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Nijablast: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
How are we going to know you are not telling lies now

2 Likes

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by LILTJAY: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
you are related to Peter obi cool
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by PDPdestroyer(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
Are you in any way related to Obi? If so, it's hereditary, nothing to worry about

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Dshocker(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

nlfpmod, seun

Fantastic thing about lying is that the opposite sex will fall deeply inlove with you.

I don't mean bragging ooO, but lying will get you a lot of girls, and i don't know why.

I believe that, every girl has a chemical imbalance in their brains, that lets out an euphoria of adrenaline and once it is triggered, believe me she go fall.

That title "Men can lie" has done more damage that good.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Goodman247: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
In the name of Jesus l cast out d demon of lies from you

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by tosan245(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
I guess you have heard of the Word Fiction, that's just a literal term for lie.
The difference is while Fiction is constructive to tell a story that's pleasing to the eyes and senses without any intention to create chaos, injure or distort reality, lie is the reverse.

Find a way to become a creative writer, you would do well as a Fiction writer.

Also do research on Pathology, Pathologic lying would cause you more harm than good.
Take control of who you are !!!!

Jackanda1:

Examples:

nlfpmod, seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by LiveWithIt: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
You're like peter obi

2 Likes

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by kwasoly(m): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

nlfpmod, seun

Is in the family, go ask papa Abraham.
If u know u know
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Bintdawood(f): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Always think before you speak man! Begin fast kawai
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Are you related to Lie Muhammad

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Pat081: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:
Where and when did i say that? embarassed
you are still telling lies you can not remember that again
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by SenatePresdo(m): 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

nlfpmod, seun

You are a secretive person, you don't like people knowing details about you.

That's why it's happening to you.

When you start believing that if someone knows a little thing about you, it won't change the fact that you will remain who you are, then you will begin to stop lying any how.

3 Likes

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Sleekfingers: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

nlfpmod, seun

I suggest you cast out the spirit of lie Mohammed. By visiting a true man of God or an Ifa priest.....
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by phemmyfour: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

nlfpmod, seun
You are suffering from veritaphobia.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by jasmeel: 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
I feel u man but don't feel like the worst human on earth, n don't always try to please people or foist them to understand u just make sure your mind is clear n Bleep whoever it is u are trying to impress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet / Today Is Friday The 13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.