Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help (18286 Views)

How Can I Overcome Gambling Addiction And Borrowing Money Unnecessarily / What Is The Greatest Lie You Ever Told Or Someone Told You? Share Experiences / Why Guys Tend To Dump A Girl After Getting What They Want (sex) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by JustforMen: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2022
I hope this is not another lie!

Jackanda1:
Hello house. Is there any one that has this problem? It seems there is a part of my brain that is wired this way for years now.

While most people lie to escape punishment and blame etc, i tend to lie for no reason atall. Sometimes i need to lie further just to modify the initial lie.

Examples:
1. I went late to work because i had to take home some office files which i worked with all through the night. When asked, i lied to my boss that i had a compound dispute tha made me come late. Saying the truth would have earned me praises from my boss and saved me alot of stress.

2. I got injured at home. When my landlady asked how, i lied that i had a serious accident when going to work that morning.
I told her a long story about the accident scene and all. She was sympatizing with me and almost wept. embarassed

These are just few examples i can type now, there is more.

I can't help but lie most of the time i have conversation with people. Any advice?

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Oceanjagaban: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2022
Kingsley10000:
i don die cheesy
Abego no die.lol
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Oceanjagaban: 10:03am On Nov 28, 2022
baba4thegehs:

This really cracked me up though grin grin
Lol...legit matters
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by maestroz: 11:00am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:
Hello house. Is there any one that has this problem? It seems there is a part of my brain that is wired this way for years now.

While most people lie to escape punishment and blame etc, i tend to lie for no reason atall. Sometimes i need to lie further just to modify the initial lie.

Examples:
1. I went late to work because i had to take home some office files which i worked with all through the night. When asked, i lied to my boss that i had a compound dispute tha made me come late. Saying the truth would have earned me praises from my boss and saved me alot of stress.

2. I got injured at home. When my landlady asked how, i lied that i had a serious accident when going to work that morning.
I told her a long story about the accident scene and all. She was sympatizing with me and almost wept. embarassed

I can't help but lie most of the time i have conversation with people. Any advice?

This post sef na lie
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Cypress042(m): 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
blaquebelle:
Give yourself 5 seconds to think before you make your response. Don't be In a hurry to talk most times.

Wow, I love this.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Evidenx(m): 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

You inherited it from the devil,he is the father of all lies,you need deliverance.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by omobolarinwa1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ameen mashallah bikudiratllahi

Higgies:

If you’re a Muslim, be dutiful with 5 daily prayers.

Allah says in Quran chapter 29 verse 45: “Recite the Book that has been revealed to you and establish Solaat. Surely solaat forbids indecency and evil. And Allah's remembrance is of even greater merit. Allah knows all that you do.”

Also Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said “surely salat collects bad deeds from one.

May Allah make it easy for us.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Meddymeddy: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:
You've just said something striking. Did you have this problem before?
I'm still trying to overcome it, I'm not there yet
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by xtycool: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

When you talk too much you will lie. Don't become obilie but if u are following obi I am sorry you can't stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by rumenase(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2022
PlayerMeji:
You must be suffering from the ObidienDs syndrome.
this shit is funny as hell grin grin grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by rumenase(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2022
Jackanda1:
Atleast they have reasons for lying. Most times i tell stupid lies that are so dump and shocking embarassed
mehn your lies are funny abeg drop like two or three join grin grin grin who know if the thread na lie self cheesy you nor know why o but you won just lie give us wink
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by shegsman58(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
You seem to have the desire to be cared for by someone. In short, you seek attention. So stop those and you will stop lying

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by emmyileri(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2022
Come to Christ and open up to him. There are many people in your shoes and even worse but their sincirety in prayer to God have their lives changed for the better
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by seeme2(f): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Not to derail the topic but are you in any way related to one Mr. Peter Obi from Anambra?

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by onefleshmind: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
Bahamas95:
It's not as if we don't wanna help him, you can only help someone who's ready to change. He seems to be enjoying it.

This issue made them clash alot in school because they were roommates. He will call his parents and lie that he needs money to do something urgently in school. His parents would call my bro to confirm if it's true and my bro would be forced to lie because he don't wanna offend him. It got to a point my bro couldn't take it anymore and they clashed.

That guy's lies is just something else, he's also heartless as well. Someone that can lie to place his parents on excess billing is capable of doing anything.......He doesn't have conscience.
The problem is in his brain..... Pathological lying, is also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica. Please he can't deal with it alone. Please take him to a Psychiatrist or Psychologist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Lingudy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Go see a psychologist
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by AlphaTaikun: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
tamudabu:

And they probably cost you quite a lot.

I've found that lying is stupid. You lie, then you spend immense resource remembering the lie and whom you lied it to. And once you make an error in appropriating the wrong lie to the wrong person, you lose people's regard and respect, which to some is more than wura and fadaka.

Keep lying op. See it as an investment and record your gains and losses. Annual consolidation of your accounts would inform you if your lying is profitable or not and empower you to determine if you should value truth telling.
Lol.

Nicely put. I like the creative anecdotes you used in the last paragraph.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana / I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.