Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,071 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help (18265 Views)

How Can I Overcome Gambling Addiction And Borrowing Money Unnecessarily / What Is The Greatest Lie You Ever Told Or Someone Told You? Share Experiences / Why Guys Tend To Dump A Girl After Getting What They Want (sex) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by JustPowerApps(m): 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nice skill you got there mate, girls will like you plus it will fetch you money, join politics people will love you. You need deliverance though if it is as you structured it. I mean the place where you almost got your landlady crying cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Mensonges: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:
Hello house. Is there any one that has this problem? It seems there is a part of my brain that is wired this way for years now.

While most people lie to escape punishment and blame etc, i tend to lie for no reason atall. Sometimes i need to lie further just to modify the initial lie.

Examples:
1. I went late to work because i had to take home some office files which i worked with all through the night. When asked, i lied to my boss that i had a compound dispute tha made me come late. Saying the truth would have earned me praises from my boss and saved me alot of stress.

2. I got injured at home. When my landlady asked how, i lied that i had a serious accident when going to work that morning.
I told her a long story about the accident scene and all. She was sympatizing with me and almost wept. embarassed

These are just few examples i can type now, there is more.

I can't help but lie most of the time i have conversation with people. Any advice?

Going by what you are trying to say all along, something tells me this your story is nothing but PURE LIES.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Blakjewelry(m): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jackanda1:
Hello house. Is there any one that has this problem? It seems there is a part of my brain that is wired this way for years now.

While most people lie to escape punishment and blame etc, i tend to lie for no reason atall. Sometimes i need to lie further just to modify the initial lie.

Examples:
1. I went late to work because i had to take home some office files which i worked with all through the night. When asked, i lied to my boss that i had a compound dispute tha made me come late. Saying the truth would have earned me praises from my boss and saved me alot of stress.

2. I got injured at home. When my landlady asked how, i lied that i had a serious accident when going to work that morning.
I told her a long story about the accident scene and all. She was sympatizing with me and almost wept. embarassed

I can't help but lie most of the time i have conversation with people. Any advice?

Turn your lies into money making machine by becoming a fictional writer. Maybe you are using your gift wrongly.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by TheAlchemist: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
You may be suffering from what is called P.O. syndrome.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by baba4thegehs: 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
Oceanjagaban:
Na talent be that,just become a politician and contest under APC.

This really cracked me up though grin grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by J0sh007: 11:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
Blunttruth:

You care too much about people's opinion about you that's why. Once you stop caring too much about what they think of you, and you putting an effort it'll stop.

And he should read the subtle act of not giving a Bleep...I washed my car myself for the first time in like 6 months today...Just after reading a part of that book and a superior of mine told me something along the lines of can't I afford a car wash and I told him everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don't care what he thought about me washing my car myself...then told him I will pretend I cared...then told him thank you.... He couldn't close his jaw. And I'm in a profession that really cared about seniority

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by ghettochild(m): 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
U must be related to Lai Mohammed
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Deoo1125: 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
E fit still be say na lamba u dey give us since it's in ur vain.

Jackanda1:

Examples:

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Akanoaaa(m): 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
Write application latter to Ministry of information. If you know you know

2 Likes

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by onefleshmind: 12:07am On Nov 28, 2022
Bahamas95:
My younger brother's friend is like that, that guy lie about everything. The only truth in his mouth is when he greets you. Any other thing that comes next after exchanging pleasantries are lies.

My bro don't communicate with him anymore, very annoying human being.
Help him please... A symptom of BPD(Borderline Personality Disorder)

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by NessFortunate: 12:41am On Nov 28, 2022

Examples:

[/quote]

in other word you lie with ease and now you can't even cease? Lieing might bring sympathy and sometimes empathy but when all said and done it leaves one with Apathy. Smh
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by 1931onee: 1:06am On Nov 28, 2022
Moh247:
Naso Obi start
is that why you raped your nephew and mother

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by nahzyla: 1:25am On Nov 28, 2022
I know two people like you.

They tell the most unnecessary lies, both are mother and daughter funny enough. 80% of the stories they tell are pure lies.

I don't know if it's a sickness.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Kayyus09(m): 1:44am On Nov 28, 2022
Join Nigeria politics or big religious organization. It'll pay you more.

Lieing may be your calling cool
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by oloriIT(m): 3:38am On Nov 28, 2022
A problem that is identified is half solved. Although, many people lie without thinking about the consequence and it doesn’t matter the frequency. A lie is a lie whether said or acted. And the worst consequence is that of eternal damnation which is hell fire Revelation 21:8. So the remedy is salvation, praying to Jesus, confessing, repenting and pleading for Him to wash you with His blood until the spirit of God witness with your spirit that the work is done. Romans 8:16. Not by raise of hand or pastor praying for you nor by restraining yourself because you cannot do it by your own strength, Jeremiah 13:23. This is the reason many people continue to go
back to their old lives after claiming salvation. It’s a definite experience and it is REAL. You can reach me for further guidance.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by NaBanga: 3:55am On Nov 28, 2022
This is a normal trait for most Nigerians. Your case must be extreme for you to write about it.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by BluntCrazeMan: 4:06am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

And you want us to believe these lies?
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Jackanda1(m): 4:45am On Nov 28, 2022
Meddymeddy:

Low self-esteem , anxiety that's what worrying you
You've just said something striking. Did you have this problem before?
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Bahamas95(m): 5:31am On Nov 28, 2022
onefleshmind:

Help him please... A symptom of BPD(Borderline Personality Disorder)
It's not as if we don't wanna help him, you can only help someone who's ready to change. He seems to be enjoying it.

This issue made them clash alot in school because they were roommates. He will call his parents and lie that he needs money to do something urgently in school. His parents would call my bro to confirm if it's true and my bro would be forced to lie because he don't wanna offend him. It got to a point my bro couldn't take it anymore and they clashed.

That guy's lies is just something else, he's also heartless as well. Someone that can lie to place his parents on excess billing is capable of doing anything.......He doesn't have conscience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Rochasstatue(f): 5:48am On Nov 28, 2022
You are suffering from an illness called APOS
Acquired Peter Obi Syndrome.

Just buy a BAT and start playing table tennis daily for the next 3 months.
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Morphinne: 6:36am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

You talk too much. People who have the urge to say more than they are being asked always end up telling lies and here’s what you do. Take every question and query as if you’re being interrogated by a police officer knowing fully well that you could get yourself into trouble if you say what you’re not asked to. Be objective, no ‘and’ no ‘but’ , no stuttering or stammering and in addition, do away with the burning desire to impress people. When you try too hard to impress others, you end up lying to sweeten your conversions with them. And lastly, don’t become or ever associate yourself with any obidense infected dog, they’re suffering from a very contagious disease they got from their imperial master and savior grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by efeski(m): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2022
Take a Personality Assessment Test.

Oft times habitual lying usually connotes repressed personality disorders ranging from bipolar to borderline.
Or worse still you're a sociopath (not necessarily a bad thing but the way).
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Lamanii22(f): 7:38am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:
Thats why i brought it here. I need help.
For a start i recently set a 5minutes reminder in my phone with a tag 'Don't Lie'
grin grin that’s a good one
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Jackanda1(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2022
Morphinne:

You talk too much. People who have the urge to say more than they are being asked always end up telling lies and here’s what you do. Take every question and query as if you’re being interrogated by a police officer knowing fully well that you could get yourself into trouble if you say what you’re not asked to. Be objective, no ‘and’ no ‘but’ , no stuttering or stammering and in addition, do away with the burning desire to impress people. When you try too hard to impress others, you end up lying to sweeten your conversions with them. And lastly, don’t become or ever associate yourself with any obidense infected dog, they’re suffering from a very contagious disease they got from their imperial master and savior grin grin grin
I'm actually introverted,anxious and tongue tied during conversation, but on opening my mouth, flows the rivers of lies. I'm trying to find out the psychology behind it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by sonofthunder: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

So you need to ask yourself, is it fear? Are you intimidated? Or a lack of confidence?

What are you afraid of?

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by valgbo(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2022
Did you go to a boarding school?
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Exceed15: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2022
Just Stop it .
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by KamsiViva: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2022
I really do appreciate your sincerity to come out.

You just need to stop wanting approvals from others.

Careless of the opinion of others and speak the truth.

People tends to distance themselves from ones they know u are a liar.

1 Like

Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Anakazo22: 8:41am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

What you need is prayers, that's the spirit of lie in manifestation... nothing more. You have to curb it now else it will destroy your life...pls don't listen to those people here praising you
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2022
Are you by any chance Obi by name?
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Eaglesence: 8:54am On Nov 28, 2022
Jackanda1:

Examples:

How do i know you aint lieing right now

grin
Re: I Tend To Lie Unnecessarily. Please Help by Kingsley10000: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2022
Oceanjagaban:
Na talent be that,just become a politician and contest under APC.
i don die cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Most Expensive Furnitures / I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.