Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,561 members, 7,847,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

For Better, For Worse. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Better, For Worse. (215 Views)

Bride Refuses To Say "For Better Or For Worse" In Marriage Vow Twist (video) / Should Marriage Be "For Better Or For Worse"? (opinion) / The Real Meaning Of "For Better For Worse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Better, For Worse. by Aladeintl: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
We are all familiar with this wedding vow, ' for richer, for poorer, in health and sickness, for better, for worse.'

Most of our brethren in the pentecostal circle have argued against this part of the vow claiming it is a negative confession and that it's not in the bible but in reality, is that statement valid?

In reality, Christian couples must stay together when they are rich, healthy, and better and when they are poor, sick, and worse. What God has joined together, let's no man and situation put asunder.

Two, saying it or not does not add or remove the reality of life. I have been happily married for 14 months and my wife and I have passed through all the stages but they did put us asunder.

We have been rich.

We have experienced a lack.

Two of us have fallen sick at one time or the other.

And we have enjoyed months of healthy living.

We have seen better and worst days

And I am sure, those who have seen longer years in marriage will have stories about those 6 streams of marriage.

But despite all, my wife and I can gratefully thank God that the days of riches, health, and better are far more than the days of poorer, sick, and worse.

Therefore prepare for them, whether you will or you said them on your wedding day, and don't let them put you asunder.

There is time and occasion for everything but we will be praying those good days will outweigh not-so-good days.

For married, did you recite it traditionally or you modified your vows? Whether you recite the traditional vows or modified ones, how many it been?

Singles, are you going to stick to traditional vows or you are going to modify yours?

Watch this video https://youtu.be/RMxZP5bWVnk

(1) (Reply)

Divorce: Kanye West Ordered To Pay Kim Kardashian – Child Support / Free Dating Site To Earn Par Chat / Who Plays The Role Of A Late Father In Nigerian Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.