Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 (26428 Views)

Why Reject An Outrageous Pension Bill He (Peter Obi) Signed Himself ? / Former Anambra Governor, Chukwu Emeka Ezeife Visits Kashim Shettima (Pictures) / Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
NickD:

You are not just selfish but also senseless too fr spreading fake news.

Where is the fake news I'm spreading ??
Did he and Obiano didnt fall out??
Why are you people always violence and use vulgar language ?? Who's senseless, I guess its you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
Did he reject it or they were still owing him?? Thats the question to ask because your Peter Obi today will say he's yet to receive, then tomorrow he rejected it.. Because as of today the governor have not yet paid him and he is still waiting for it.

thinkmoney:

Did you pass through school at all? Nobody said Anambra doesnt pay ex governor. Besides, there have been several governors in Anambra.
What obiduents have been emphasising is that Obi personally rejected those luxuries (that must have amounted to billions of naira now). That shows selflessness and love for others. He know the money will be extra money to take care of other things in government
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Willie2015: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmfao ...obi has challenged you guys prove he stole money and he would step aside

Obi became governor with no single house member in his party I mean not one

So same people that illegally impeach him twice would now listen to him on pension ?

But BAT reason the way they stand upside down

And you think National Assembly...
will not impeach Obi as the President in one week...
Obi will have to make too many compromises as the President...
Cos he has no single house member...
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by immortalcrown(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Espelbengz:
You guys can defend rubbish, is obi above errors or mistakes? Oh! He didn't make any mistakes as governor while in office??
You are the one saying rubbish here. Nobody is perfect. Nobody says Obi never made any mistake. The fact is you falsely accuse him of what he never said or did. If you want to accuse him, use truth.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Blaze14k: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:

He never rejected any rather The present governor then didnt pay any pension to him and other ex governor then due to bad goverment policy inherited from him and the state was so broke and inability to pay.

Omg where did you get such fact..?
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Okoroawusa: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
I am the last Igbo man that Peter Obi can deceive
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
Blaze14k:

Omg where did you get such fact..?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/uncategorized/article/ngige-denies-receiving-pension-benefits-leaving-office-since-2006/

This is where Ngige said the samething, I go about facts not just delusional like some people

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by mrvitalis(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
Willie2015:

And you think National Assembly...
will not impeach Obi as the President in one week...
Obi will have to make too many compromises as the President...
Cos he has no single house member...

One thing you need to know is not even is as unsmart as you

Normal people to very intelligent people like obi learn from mistake
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Patriotic9ja(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
AcuraZDX:

Obi never said he was a saint.

He has challenged you people to provide evidence and he will withdraw from the race.

This is 3 months now and you guys are still beating around the bush.

He doesn't need to withdraw but will be disgraced in polls.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by immortalcrown(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
kingmaster2009:

You are a liar like your political master....so, Governor can not sponsor a bill?/
You are not just the liar, you are also a daft that doesn't understand simple English.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nedekid: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:

Yes that is what he and his supporter keep saying. Its all over that he is different. I'm not supporter of any but I'm only saying all of them are the same.
Below is the rest of the list.
Furthernore,

"I'm not supporter of any but I'm only saying all of them are the same"

Since you had enough time to research which is commendable of you, why then place a half story of your research results? How can you claim they are all thesame when you fully know Obi is the only one out of all the governors that till today never collected any pension, staff, vehicles, land, salary, medical etc as entitlement from his state? Is it that you are not aware of this fact or you choose to be mischievous, to deceive the folks on this forum?
Why will you chose to do this for goodness sake?
Anyway, we are in this country together, we spoke about buhari then, folks did not agree, see where the country is now. Anyone that enters 2023 good or bad, some of us ie the righteous will survive well.

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
You guys should try and be opening link attached. There was no where it was stated that Peter Obi assented to the bill but the Op, nickyvil went berserk to say Peter Obi signed it in 2009.
They are just looking for ways to get at him but they could not see one. No wonder the Bible says in John 14:30;
"I will not speak with you much longer, for the ruler of the world (Satan) is coming. And he has no claim on Me [no power over Me nor anything that he can use against Me]"
They've been coming but they've found nothing. nickyvil, you're in a wrong address.
Don't argue with them, send the link back to them and write under it the bible quote above to silence them.
Here below is the lying link attached.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/anambra-assembly-passes-bill-on-pensions-for-ex-govs/amp/
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by uba1991: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are the one fooling yourself. Otherwise, show how the bill was initiated by him and how he benefitted from the bill.
why did he sign the bill. Let me ask you this: why you claiming that Obi make the education grow in Anambara? Is he a teacher?
The problem with you people is that if good thing come you will claim it was done by Peter Obi but if it was a bad thing you will tell us that it was not Obi that initiate it.
Obi is a crook
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Blaze14k: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/uncategorized/article/ngige-denies-receiving-pension-benefits-leaving-office-since-2006/

This is where Ngige said the samething, I go about facts not just delusional like some people

Bro ngige denied taking any pension so how does that relate to peter obi?
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:

Yes that is what he and his supporter keep saying. Its all over that he is different. I'm not supporter of any but I'm only saying all of them are the same.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/anambra-assembly-passes-bill-on-pensions-for-ex-govs/amp/

Liar.

"I will not speak with you much longer, for the ruler of the world (Satan) is coming. And he has no claim on Me [no power over Me nor anything that he can use against Me]" John 30:14

Come up with the news where he signed the bill or remain silent till kingdom come liar.
Or are all the bills passed been assented to?
The link says Anambra House of Assembly passed the bill but no where it was mention that Peter Obi assented to it and you went confusing people because of politics. Nawa for you I.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
uba1991:
why did he sign the bill. Let me ask you this: why you claiming that Obi make the education grow in Anambara? Is he a teacher?
The problem with you people is that if good thing come you will claim it was done by Peter Obi but if it was a bad thing you will tell us that it was not Obi that initiate it.
Obi is a crook

Liar.

"I will not speak with you much longer, for the ruler of the world (Satan) is coming. And he has no claim on Me [no power over Me nor anything that he can use against Me]" John 14:30

Come up with the news where he signed the bill or remain silent till kingdom come liar.
The link says Anambra House of Assembly passed the bill but no where it was mention that Peter Obi assented to it and you went confusing people because of politics. Nawa for you I.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ex governors in Anambra haven't received pensioned and ngige even came out to say same so Peter shouldn't come out to say He rejected it rather come out clean.

nedekid:

Below is the rest of the list.
Furthernore,

"I'm not supporter of any but I'm only saying all of them are the same"

Since you had enough time to research which is commendable of you, why then place a half story of your research results? How can you claim they are all thesame when you fully know Obi is the only one out of all the governors that till today never collected any pension, staff, vehicles, land, salary, medical etc as entitlement from his state? Is it that you are not aware of this fact or you choose to be mischievous, to deceive the folks on this forum?
Why will you chose to do this for goodness sake?
Anyway, we are in this country together, we spoke about buhari then, folks did not agree, see where the country is now. Anyone that enters 2023 good or bad, some of us ie the righteous will survive well.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by immortalcrown(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
uba1991:
Obi is a crook
This post is about the very bill for ex governors to get some benefits. And I have answered your question about why Obi signed the bill. If you want to talk about how he handled education and other things, create a post for that. This post is about a particular bill. Don't change the topic.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
Why should I speak with you. If he didnt signed the billed, who signed it ??

IfnobeGod20:

Liar.

"I will not speak with you much longer, for the ruler of the world (Satan) is coming. And he has no claim on Me [no power over Me nor anything that he can use against Me]"

The link says Anambra House of Assembly passed the bill but no where it mention that Peter Obi assented to it and you went confusing people because of politics. Nawa for you I.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by femisplash: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Your logic is so childish and weak. Many States adopted the bill before and after 2009. This means it is a normal practice in every State in Nigeria. Obi signed it because it is the normal thing in Nigeria. He then rejected the entitlement to show he is personally against the will. Obi signed the bill because the stake holders and the State house of assembly wanted it. Only a tyrant will refuse to sign the bill.

A governor is not the one who proposes a bill in a State. A governor only signs a bill when majority in the State house of assembly approves the bill. A selfish governor can bribe some house of assembly members to propose a bill that bill in turn serve the governor's personal interest. But in this case, Obi rejected those things. Had it been he accepted those entitlements, it will be believed he lured the house into passing the bill.
The more you look stupid trying to insulate Peter Obi. He was a sitting Governor who signed the bill into law. Pension benefits became legal and legitimate as signed by Peter Obi, whether he " chooses" to collect his benefits or not is immaterial. If he didn't want it, he would have refused his assent, he was a second term Governor and almost all the members of the house were already decamped to APGA, so there was nothing to fear. In the history of the country, it was only Obi that had the state's funds domiciled in his Fidelity Bank, thereby boosting the net worth of the bank with state's funds, he also invested state's funds into his family business, thereby ripping off dividends into his private pocket as a shareholder. Not forgetting him diverting 250 million monthly from Anambra to his Lagos office until he was caught in Lagos. Obi stole, raped, and robbed Anambra while giving them a greek gift. He took NEXT Mall which could have offered employment to Anambra youths to Rivers State. If there's any greatest fraud in the history of mankind, it is Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by OgaTheTop2: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
Noblechykk:

My brother, it is deeply pathetic
Very pathetic o. I have decided to be mean to people asking me for money. We want a better Nigeria so we can return back home with heavy investments and create job for people provided there's enabling and secured environment. Here we are, with some people that are bent on bringing Nigeria to total shithole. Damn!
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by elvisco10(m): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:

look how small money given or promised u.has taken away your sense..Dis 1 nor enter come up with another or him nor thief y in office? Mumu
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by uba1991: 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Noblechykk:

Stop being dull; the bill was passed by the PDP controlled house of Assembly. If he had refused to sign it, the will still veto it.
Are you telling us now that obi want to be President in APC control NASS, he will be signing every bill brought to him by the national assembly? I don die!
They threaten Buhari with everything but he stood his ground and refused to sign some bills.
Obi is a confused fool
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
elvisco10:
look how small money given or promised u.has taken away your sense..Dis 1 nor enter come up with another or him nor thief y in office? Mumu

I can now see how mumu you people are, do you think I'm jobless as you are? I hardly comment or have a discussion on politics but I won't be deceived. I make my own findings not just what people say or want to make me to belief
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by immortalcrown(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
femisplash:

The more you look stupid trying to insulate Peter Obi. He was a sitting Governor who signed the bill into law. Pension benefits became legal and legitimate as signed by Peter Obi, whether he " chooses" to collect his benefits or not is immaterial. If he didn't want want it, he would have refused his assent. He was a second term Governor and almost all the members of the house were already decamped to APGA, so there was nothing to fear. In the history of the country, it was only Obi that had the state's funds domiciled in his Fidelity Bank, thereby boosting the net worth of the bank with state's funds, he also invested state's funds into his family business, thereby ripping off dividends into his private pocket as a shareholder. Not forgetting him diverting 250 million monthly from Anambra to his Lagos office until he was caught in Lagos. Obi stole, raped, and robbed Anambra while giving them a greek gift. He took NEXT Mall which could have offered employment to Anambra youths to Rivers State. If there's any greatest fraud in the history of mankind, it is Peter Obi.
Two questions to show who is stupid.

Is Obi the first governor to sign the bill?

Apart from Obi, is there any other ex governor who rejects the benefits approved in the bill?
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:
Why should I speak with you. If he didnt signed the billed, who signed it ??

May be you don't even know the difference between bill passed and bill been assented to.
It's the House and assembly that pass bill while governor and president assent to bill.
Why did you confuse people with lie? You know how many bills that have been passed by national assembly and the president will decline assent to them.
Come up with news where he signed it and stop lying to the public to gain political point. This one doesn't gel guy.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by uba1991: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Your logic is so childish and weak. Many States adopted the bill before and after 2009. This means it is a normal practice in every State in Nigeria. Obi signed it because it is the normal thing in Nigeria. He then rejected the entitlement to show he is personally against the will. Obi signed the bill because the stake holders and the State house of assembly wanted it. Only a tyrant will refuse to sign the bill.

A governor is not the one who proposes a bill in a State. A governor only signs a bill when majority in the State house of assembly approves the bill. A selfish governor can bribe some house of assembly members to propose a bill that bill in turn serve the governor's personal interest. But in this case, Obi rejected those things. Had it been he accepted those entitlements, it will be believed he lured the house into passing the bill.
there are some governors that didn't sign that bill. Are you telling us that obi signed every bill that his state assembly brought to him through out his 8 years?
You order for the kill of protesters and you turn around and said you have never killed somebody. Are you normal?
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
uba1991:
Are you telling us now that obi want to be President in APC control NASS, he will be signing every bill brought to him by the national assembly? I don die!
They threaten Buhari with everything but he stood his ground and refused to sign some bills.
Obi is a confused fool

Don't mind them, when you come up with fact that is how they do, instead to counter with facts they deviate. I brought up where Ngige claim he haven't received pensions from the state now they are all mute. They only listen to interview of a political candidacy without finding facts if its saying the truth or lying.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Two questions to show who is stupid.

Is Obi the first governor to sign the bill?

Apart from Obi, is there any other ex governor who rejects the benefits approved in the bill?
Don't mind them Obi didn't even signed the bill. A passed bill is not equal to signed bill. If you read the link there was no where it was stated that Peter Obi assented to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo At Dalori IDP Camp In Maiduguri (Photo) / Osinbajo Commissions The Construction Of Bonny-Bodo Road In Rivers State (Photos / List Of Nigerian Budget From 1999 - 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.