Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 (26430 Views)

Why Reject An Outrageous Pension Bill He (Peter Obi) Signed Himself ? / Former Anambra Governor, Chukwu Emeka Ezeife Visits Kashim Shettima (Pictures) / Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by tamdun: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
technicallyrich:
Because you are supporting a theiff,you wish others will be theiff and kriminals too so according to you all politicians will be the same.
Nothing in these life exactly the same,even Yoruba Muslimns are different from Yoruba Christians. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Read what u wrote again,does it make sense to u?
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nedekid: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:
Did Peter Obi's son live in Nigeria??
The offshore account he opened for his wife and son?? What known business generate Money to the account?? Ask question and don't just follow the crowds.

Oga, do you know what an offshore trust is? Why don't you do research and enlighten yourself. No harm in that.
What is the big deal about owning offshore account, I personally own offshore accounts. I personally could have an offshore trust if need be. It's no bid deal. If you want you can open one yourself! It does not cost much.
If you have businesses in ghana, London, South Africa, Dubai etc, you can register an offshore company as the parent company of your holdings, overseeing all the other businesses.
Most offshore heavens give reduced taxes and that is what makes them attractive.
I know it sounds exotic in the mouth to say offshore this offshore that.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by femisplash: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

You people are funny, the whole thing is comedy

Obi has two main challengers, Atiku and Tinubu

Atiku is still benefiting from the Vice-Presidential pension package enacted while he was Vice-President

Tinubu is benefitting from the Governors pension package enacted while he was Governor

But you guys problem is Obi who has not recieved one kobo since he left office?

The whole thing is comedy
Obi has no right to pretend as a saint over a law that he signed. If I cook a food and decided not to eat out of it, it's my business. Whether he receives or not, he signed into law a bill that legitimized pension benefits. End of story.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Let me help you small, Serap took Ngige to court over this issue which Ngige won because the law its there for the state to pay ex governors pension.

gidgiddy:

You people are funny, the whole thing is comedy

Obi has two main challengers, Atiku and Tinubu

Atiku is still benefiting from the Vice-Presidential pension package enacted while he was Vice-President

Tinubu is benefitting from the Governors pension package enacted while he was Governor

But you guys problem is Obi who has not recieved one kobo since he left office?

The whole thing is comedy

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by thinkmoney(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:
Did he reject it or they were still owing him?? Thats the question to ask because your Peter Obi today will say he's yet to receive, then tomorrow he rejected it.. Because as of today the governor have not yet paid him and he is still waiting for it.

Your condition is pitiable man...somebody that has been out if government since more than 8years ago.
When did u ever here him whirn about the gratuity? Somebody, that wrote a letter with is own hand that he has forfeited everything?
Your camp is a camp full of retards and dullards
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Lol, maybe you thought I'm just a novice, I have offshore account and a known business, I asked a simple questions , what's the known business linked to the account, the only business linked to the account is unknown.

nedekid:

Oga, do you know what an offshore trust is? Why don't you do research and enlighten yourself. No harm in that.
What is the big deal about owning offshore account, I personally own offshore accounts. I personally could have an offshore trust if need be. It's no bid deal. If you want you can open one yourself! It does not cost much.
If you have businesses in ghana, London, South Africa, Dubai etc, you can register an offshore company as the parent company of your holdings, overseeing all the other businesses.
Most offshore heavens give reduced taxes and that is what makes them attractive.
I know it sounds exotic in the mouth to say offshore this offshore that.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by DanielPop(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
One thing is for sure, Obi is not the source of your frustration which is clearly discernible from your irresponsible outburst. Show us where he collected pension from Anambra State or stfu!
Quelme:
We all know Peter Peter Obi is a senseless IPOB clown. A man without shame who lies from both sides of his mouth.[b]

Obi is a vagabond and disaster waiting to happen!!!
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
thinkmoney:

Your condition is pitiable man...somebody that has been out if government since more than 8years ago.
When did u ever here him whirn about the gratuity? Somebody, that wrote a letter with is own hand that he has forfeited everything?
Your camp is a camp full of retards and dullards

Please let's see the letter. Now I know you need help. Let's see the letter as proof
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by slowice(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
All urchins do nowadays is put maximum effort to stain peter OBi's white.

Hate him or love him,he has single handedly changed the way politics is played in nigeria.now every contestant want to appear smart and show empathy because of one man.

Such a man is everything he says he is and more. Vote him and ve peace of mind.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by pquaver(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Your logic is so childish and weak. Many States adopted the bill before and after 2009. This means it is a normal practice in every State in Nigeria. Obi signed it because it is the normal thing in Nigeria. He then rejected the entitlement to show he is personally against the will. Obi signed the bill because the stake holders and the State house of assembly wanted it. Only a tyrant will refuse to sign the bill.

A governor is not the one who proposes a bill in a State. A governor only signs a bill when majority in the State house of assembly approves the bill. A selfish governor can bribe some house of assembly members to propose a bill that bill in turn serve the governor's personal interest. But in this case, Obi rejected those things. Had it been he accepted those entitlements, it will be believed he lured the house into passing the bill.

Is it by force to sign it. What do you mean normal practice? Corruption is normal practice why not sign it into law. Are you talking to children? So who benefit when he signs it? The lawmakers or him? Oga Park one side with dis zombie reasoning.. Tell that to ur urchins.. Nigerians know what sup
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Obi never said Anambra past governors do not receive pension. What Obi said is he rejects all the things the state government gives outgoing governors. Things like pension, house and land. Obi is the only ex governor that has rejected those things in Nigeria.

What exactly is your point? Does Anambra State government pay Obi pension? Did Obi get a house and a portion of land from the State government as his benefit for governing the State?

Your logic is so childish and weak. Many States adopted the bill before and after 2009. This means it is a normal practice in every State in Nigeria. Obi signed it because it is the normal thing in Nigeria. He then rejected the entitlement to show he is personally against the bill. Obi signed the bill because the stake holders and the State house of assembly wanted it. Only a tyrant will refuse to sign the bill.

A governor is not the one who proposes a bill in a State. A governor only signs a bill when majority in the State house of assembly approves the bill. A selfish governor can bribe some house of assembly members to propose a bill that will in turn serve the governor's personal interest. But in this case, Obi rejected those things. Had it been he accepted those entitlements, it will be believed he lured the house into passing the bill.
how do u assume Obi ll do magic since national assembly will have to check him... Sometimes ina just de hype nonsense
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:
He didn't receive it but the billed was sponsored and passed under his administration, common only a fool will believe the lies.

he should have resigned in protest and not signed the Bill simple
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
femisplash:

The bill has become a law while repealing the previous one.

With the passage of the law, the Anambra State Governors’ Law, 2005 and the subsequent amendment were repealed. Cited as the State Governors Pensions Law, 2009
All this I read. When a law is repealed or tinkered with, it must pass through the same process, it doesn't automatically become law, until the governor or president assent to it. Except you want to tell me that the House of Assembly veto the power of the governor, which in this case there is nothing like that in the news.
So this extract you're showing has not answer the question or did ever support the narrative you guys want us to believe. Or you wish to tell me any bill passed by tinkering on the existing law automatically become law and the governor need not assent to it?
Please come out plain because this narrative is a failed journey.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by cuttestprince(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
blesson04:

Let the truth be told TINUBU has more Proof of good government than him

75% of the successful people from Anambra made their money in Lagos, while 65% of the IGBOS are living in Lagos if his government was good his people will not be rooming other states for survival

TINUBU is the reason why IGBOS are appointed as COMMISSIONER in Lagos

TINUBU got what he deserved he has forgotten that the IGBOS are the most ungrateful Tribe in Nigeria
Many are mad but few are roaming,so pple lik you still route for ur agbado master,u need to receive sense
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Idaytesj29(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Obi never said Anambra past governors do not receive pension. What Obi said is he rejects all the things the state government gives outgoing governors. Things like pension, house and land. Obi is the only ex governor that has rejected those things in Nigeria.

What exactly is your point? Does Anambra State government pay Obi pension? Did Obi get a house and a portion of land from the State government as his benefit for governing the State?

Your logic is so childish and weak. Many States adopted the bill before and after 2009. This means it is a normal practice in every State in Nigeria. [/b]Obi signed it because it is the normal thing in Nigeria. He then rejected the entitlement to show he is personally against the bill. [b][/b]Obi signed the bill because the stake holders and the State house of assembly wanted it. [b][/b]Only a tyrant will refuse to sign the bill.[b]

A governor is not the one who proposes a bill in a State. A governor only signs a bill when majority in the State house of assembly approves the bill. A selfish governor can bribe some house of assembly members to propose a bill that will in turn serve the governor's personal interest. But in this case, Obi rejected those things. Had it been he accepted those entitlements, it will be believed he lured the house into passing the bill.

It's a normal thing in Nigeria, to take national resources to pay overfed politicians and Obi signed it. How is he better than the rest? How is he a developmental democrac ?

Rejecting it does not proof any point, when he had the chance to take a stand against it for the best for the masses, he chose to satisfy the political class .
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by femisplash: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

All this I read. When a law is repealed or tinkered with, it must pass through the same process, it doesn't automatically become law, until the governor or president assent to it. Except you want to tell me that the House of Assembly veto the power of the governor, which in this case there is nothing like that in the news.
So this extract you're showing has not answer the question or did ever support the narrative you guys want us to believe. Or you wish to tell me any bill passed by tinkering on the existing law automatically become law and the governor need not assent to it?
Please come out plain because this narrative is a failed journey.
If you can't comprehend simple sentences, perhaps this should help you, otherwise, your case is beyond my help.

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
An outrageous Pension bill for ex-govs. was passed under his administration with him been fully in support of it. Infact he clamoured strongly for it .
Then on completion of his tenure, when he should start exploiting from the dubious bill he himself orchestrated. He rejected it all, as an ex-Gov himself.

It means just one thing only: he had stolen enough.
You claim he clamoured for it yet he rejected it? Isnt that counterintuitive?

Hatred for the man Obi (due to politics or ethnicity) keeps making people reason upside down.

The very fact that he rejected it amd never touched the devilish allowances proves to any sensible person that he was opposed to it.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by yetunsbay(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
Lol [
[/b]Obidients[b] will always counts [/b]Obi[b] as saint.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by gidgiddy: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Idaytesj29:

It's a normal thing in Nigeria, to take national resources to pay overfed politicians and Obi signed it. How is he better than the rest? How is he a developmental democrac ?

Rejecting it does not proof any point, when he had the chance to take a stand against it for the best for the masses, he chose to satisfy the political class .

That still majes him better than his opponents like Atiku and Tinubu who are still collecting their Pensions years after leaving office

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by gidgiddy: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2022
femisplash:

Obi has no right to pretend as a saint over a law that he signed. If I cook a food and decided not to eat out of it, it's my business. Whether he receives or not, he signed into law a bill that legitimized pension benefits. End of story.

That still makes Obi better than his opponents, Tinubu and Atiku, who are still collecting their pensions to this day, years after leaving office, compared to Obi who hasnt recieved a kobo

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:
Let me help you small, Serap took Ngige to court over this issue which Ngige won because the law its there for the state to pay ex governors pension.

Which one should we now believe now between 2009 and the one rightly said by Ngige. You're just shooting yourself on the foot.
Severance and pension benefits are constitutional provisions, which Ngige stated in his submission but for you to make it look as if he fine-tuned the pension law to cater for the bogus pension other ex-governors gave themselves at the wee hour of the expiration of their tenure, it is the greatest injustice imputing to him. Even till date counselors of year 2000 and 2003 still receiving severance and pension package constitutionally meant for them.
That amendment of 2009 was outrightly rejected and it was not signed into law by Peter Obi because it contain many frivolities that can drain the state purse. But you went ahead to confuse the people like you that cannot read and understand, because they just saw passed by the State Assembly.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Cantonese: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
anonymous1759:
grin
Obi-dents are all what they say people are .
1-Zombies
2- Bigot
3-Urchin
4-slowpoke
5-gullible
6-G0@ts
7-bullies
8-pi9s Etc
I’ve never seen such deluded sets of craps.
You want us to believe your Aspirant without manifesto ? You want us to trust everything he has inside his thoughts ? What kind of government that shields himself from criticism ?

If Obi wins Nigeria will turn upside down those people who claims everywhere is no mans land will eventually actualize their dream because their grand patron is there. They’ll claim all lands or dictate to the land owners.Obi will be Nepotism 2.0 for sure his campaign list says it all .
The most annoying thing about obidents is that they still insult you if you burst their principal‘s lies that alone made me loose my support for them it shows they ain’t sincere either They just want power at all cost .

And you are a VERY WELL BEWITCHED MUNTULA for life.

With all the failed plans and deceptive manifestos of your principal in eight years, how far now?

The most annoying thing is that your blind followership has a password controlled by your slave master. It allows you only sleep, wake and think of further misery and impoverishment under your controller.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nickyvil: 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
You are the one convincing yourself, it was passed and signed by Peter Obi, I have so many facts and evidence and in 2013 peter Obi still the government which it was Amended by its administration to include more bogus allowance

IfnobeGod20:

Which one should we now believe now between 2009 and the one rightly said by Ngige. You're just shooting yourself on the foot.
Severance and pension benefits are constitutional provisions, which Ngige stated in his submission but for you to make it look as if he fine-tuned the pension law to cater for the bogus pension other ex-governors gave themselves at the wee hour of the expiration of their tenure, it is the greatest injustice imputing to him. Even till date counselors of year 2000 and 2003 still receiving severance and pension package constitutionally meant for them.
That amendment of 2009 was outrightly rejected and it was not signed into law by Peter Obi because it contain many frivolities that can drain the state purse. But you went ahead to confuse the people like you that cannot read and understand, because they just saw passed by the State Assembly.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by femisplash: 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

That still makes Obi better than his opponents, Tinubu and Atiku, who are still collecting their pensions to this day, years after leaving office, compared to Obi who hasnt recieved a kobo
Tinubu didn't make the law neither did Atiku but the man who signed the law in his own state but claiming sainthood is the most dangerous devil.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by nedekid: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:
Lol, maybe you thought I'm just a novice, I have offshore account and a known business, I asked a simple questions , what's the known business linked to the account, the only business linked to the account is unknown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-kgC_oqdA
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by IfnobeGod20: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
femisplash:

If you can't comprehend simple sentences, perhaps this should help you, otherwise, your case is beyond my help.
Just I have said in my previous comment on the same poster posted. The poster you posted I also have it. The link is below, go and read the comments below it and hear what some of them said. One of the commenter even said they lie too much that their info is not reliable.
Here is the link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://twitter.com/budgitng/status/1199394498163486724%3Flang%3Den&ved=2ahUKEwjR186YuNj7AhVmh_0HHVfNBu8QFnoECAwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ANds-VULZhQ3PQ2JQhLsb

The poster was 2019 while Peter Obi left Anambra government in 2014.

Why you people just trying to cover lie with lie. Ngige in his defence of receiving bogus pension after his tenure as governor, now as a serving minister of the federal republic of Nigeria, never made mention of any law passed and signed in 2009 but only made reference to 2006 and 2013 amended Anambra severance allowance and pension law.
Logically, a man signed a bill into law that we assumed he believed in but never pay his ex governors all through the time the law was said to be enacted and after 5 years the bill was passed and he never received after he left office. Where lies the common sense in your shift belief.
Stay within the discourse and to throw jab.
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by herich(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Moh247:

Incoherent gibberish from Ipob Whatsapp group chat

Incoherent gibberish that was to Nigeria by Tinubu the drug baron grin grin grin
Mumu!
Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Elkidz: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thortp:
Hmm
I am totally tired of these people called Nigerians.
People like us are trying to savage Nigeria from collapse, but some are hell bent on bringing it down, all in the name of supporting their oppressors, so that at the end of the day they can sing along the street "we won" as usual. SMH
AH, shey dem swear for you people ni? Suffer no dey taya you?
Is this not the reason people like us moved out of the country? Imagine a day job here equals to 80k in Nigeria and you think we are happy with this?
If Nigeria is good, do you think we'll be here?

My prayer is anyone who supports whatever will bring Nigeria down will suddenly die a shameful death by the grace of God.

We will not retreat, we will not rest.

"Nigeria will be free". Very soon

Amen, amen and amen.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by jamace(m): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
TEXT OF PRESS CONFERENCE BY 2023 LABOUR PARTY VICE-PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, SEN YD BABA-AHMED PhD AT CHIDA EVENTS CENTER, UTAKO, ABUJA, ON 01 DEC 2022

Protocols:

1. Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, I am glad to welcome you to this Press Conference which is informed by the need to set records straight and highlight some incremental challenges to the signed Peace Accord.

2. Peter Obi is a successful businessman, a two term Governor, Vice Presidential Candidate in 2019, who subsequently moved to Labour Party, where he is now the Presidential Candidate enjoying tremendous goodwill and overwhelming support of the people.

3. In the squabble for second and third positions, some erstwhile major political parties appear to have crossed the boundaries of decency to transgress our peaceful activities and our focus on political schedules.

4. On the 29th September 2022, an eminent group of statesmen under the aegis of the National Peace Committee, brought together all the Presidential Candidates to sign a Peace Accord, which represents an agreed code of conduct for the 2023 Presidential Elections.

5. Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, it is unfortunate that despite the noble objectives of this initiative, disinformation and misinformation about the Labour Party and its candidates have become fashionable in this election season.

6. Recently, for example there was a false narrative been spread nationwide that Mr Peter Obi is against the production of oil in the north; nothing could be farther from the truth.

7. Peter Obi has repeatedly stated at various local and international fora that the greatest physical asset of Nigeria is the vast rich land in the North, and declared his commitment as a visionary transformative leader to exploit same for the overwhelming benefit of the Nigerian people. To the architect of ‘’consumption to production’, oil in the North means more revenue for development, more jobs and opportunities.

8. Earlier attempts to discredit the Obi’s candidacy through fabricated allegations of demolition of mosques, internal deportation of Northerners, issuance of ID cards to northerners, and ethic hostilities were all conclusively proven to be false and without basis.

9. As if those were not enough, just a few days ago, the presidential candidate of the APC speaking in Delta State, and referring to our presidential candidate, said that it was a disgrace to mention his name. While our candidate is quite comfortable with not being mentioned, it is most unpresidential, indecorous and disrespectful from the candidate who claims his turn at Nigerian Presidency.

10. APCs strategy against Peter Obi now appears very clearly centered on promoting falsehood, in addition to empty and derogatory personal attacks, and of course this is because they can find no contentious points of negativity to push.

11. Little wonder that their Vice Presidential candidate has consistently put to shame the noble heritage of the great Bornu Empire, in his unguarded and uncultured public pronouncements, which expose his intellectual laziness and discomfort with empirical facts and arguments. Regular insults which have now become his trademark, have not spared the current Vice President whom he directed to go and sell ice cream, nor the former Vice President whom he described as a pure water seller, a noble venture which serves the populace better than a certain white substance.

12. It is pertinent to recall how Mr. Shettima at a recent public event belittled Atiku Abubakar’s educational qualification as well as the modest lifestyle of Peter Obi. Clearly Mr. Shettima is out of touch with reality and cannot understand that people like Peter Obi who have reached the heights in business and material achievement have long transcended the need for ostentatious display of wealth.

13. We congratulate Mr. Shettima on having improved his dressing, but equally remind him that he needs to improve on his public composure and discipline in communication. Shettima is called upon to speak kindly and more responsibly about all personalities if only to uphold long-established standards.

14. We cannot also forget his disposition and uncooperative attitude when hundreds of schoolgirls were abducted under his watch as governor in 2014 where he did little to secure them in the first place or facilitate their rapid rescue; a Governor under who education was sustained as ‘forbidden’. The circumstances of his emergence as a Candidate in 2011 leaves yet many questions unanswered.

15. Others are not left out; It is important to underline that Oaths of office do not expire with tenure, and hence the comment that the Northern electorate do not need a Yoruba or Igbo leader is greatly at variance with the oaths of office taken in 1999 and 2003 respectively, and the Peace Accord of 2022. This is to call upon the owner of the statement to respectfully retract same in order to be readmitted to the honour list of esteemed presidential candidates. Truth of the matter is that every Nigerian from anywhere needs a credible and competent President. Simple.

16. Going beyond the comments of candidates, it is important to further highlight, some other developments of concern to us in the Labour Party. We are concerned about the fate of areas designated by security agencies as ungoverned spaces which contain legally delineated polling units. It is necessary for INEC to clearly address the nation on how it intends to handle the challenge of conducting elections in these areas.

17. Over the past few months we have witnessed various attacks on Labour Party Offices, meetings and our members in parts of the country, and even INEC offices have not been spared. Just a couple of days ago, Mrs. Victoria Chintex, our vibrant and able Women Leader in Kaura LG of Kaduna State was assassinated while members of her family escaped with injuries. Senseless killings have gone on for too long. We call on government within time left to at least make attempts at fulfilling its 2015 promise of securing lives and property, while serving justice to the killers. Kindly therefore join me in observing a moment of silence in remembrance of her and indeed all victims all over the country.

18. We are alarmed by the reported arrest, battery, and detention of Aminu Mohammed, a final-year student of the Federal University Dutse, over an alleged social media post, about the person of the First Lady. While as we have presented earlier in this address, we will never as a party condone indecorous speech and disrespect to elders, we wish to remind the Buhari State House that they rode to power on the personal denigration of their opponents and empty promises without slightest clues of good governance. Individuals must be free to express themselves freely and any infraction of law be pursued as civil matter and not through high-handed abuse of power. This is not 1984. We lend our voice to the genuine calls for his immediate release.

19. We have so far endured the afore-mentioned and have taken remedial actions where necessary and where not we simply ignored. Civility and respect of law must not be read by misguided elements as signs of weakness on our part. It is not too late to adopt our style of strictly campaigning on relevant practical national issues while respecting individuals, and institutions. Any actions to the contrary the people responsible must know they will be held accountable in the decent manner we have presented our issues here today, and in the ways of the law.

20. 2023 Elections will be different as Nigerian Electorate are increasingly becoming aware of the dangers of ethnic and religious politics; a fact that causing anxiety, frustration, and desperation with political actors of the old order. Consequently these attacks against us are only likely to increase; we must call on authorities to live up to constitutional responsibilities, and on the general public to regard lies, misinformation, and propaganda for exactly what they are.

21. The ObiDient Movement under Labour Party will continue to remain faithful to founding principles and the Signed Peace Accord and we equally invite all stake-holders to emulate. The next few weeks will see an escalation of election activity. I urge all who have not yet collected their PVCs, to do so without delay, and to follow through, to identify their polling booths, vote, and defend their votes.

22. I wish to sincerely thank the vast majority of our people, the Youth and elderly alike, from all across the nation, who have continued not just to embrace Peter Obi, my humble self, and our great party, but who are daily investing their time and resources in making sure that other Nigerians share in their conviction and imbibe the urgency of positive action in the coming elections.

With Us, A New Nigeria is Possible.

GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Thank you all for coming

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by thinkmoney(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
nickyvil:

Please let's see the letter. Now I know you need help. Let's see the letter as proof
What do you make of this

Re: Peter Obi Signed Pension Bill For Former Anambra Governors in 2011 by Lauraobd1: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
You will soon be paid to investigate when Po had his lunch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Replies Wike On "Plot To Plant Dollars And Guns In His Residence" / Activities Of Bandits Have Surprised Me ― Buhari / Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.