Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) (57334 Views)

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by ZooOga: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
Many more Blessings Mr. OP, you have done well. Wishing you two a very happy marriage and for many years into old age!

1 Like

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by ipobarecriminals: 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2022
sad sad If you see the list the People of OKOTAS go give suitors,U go fear
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Entanglement:
bride price should only be paid if the said woman is a Virgin

You were right.

"Are".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by arantess: 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hmmmm

This list expensive oo

Congratulations bro
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Entanglement: 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
advanceDNA:
And somebody will still pay all these for woman several men have slept with, with significant number of abortions to match....

What a risk.....

.Good luck to all the risk taking men out there

later in life they will start disturbing the oracle for a child

Marrying a Virgin will have solve 90% of marital issues

3 Likes

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by ZooOga: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
wiseone28:
No money but people still dey marry

A colleague once told me that she loved her husband so much that she would live under a fly-over bridge with him if they ever suffered extreme misfortune. Her words have stuck with me for many years.

1 Like

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by dvkot(m): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
Did material finish when you were sewing your trouser?
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by oneclickng: 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2022
Bride price there is cheaper than what is obtainable in Akwa Ibom

2 Likes

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Clinton14(m): 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:
I'm from The Yoruba Part of Nigeria too.

However; As an Agricultural Journalistic Entertainment Tourist (AJET); I Travelled Down To Cross River State and Have Settled in Ekori, Yakurr Local Government Area for about 2 Years since I left The Year 2020 EndSars Protest in Ikeja, Lagos State.

They are selling their daughter.
I guess she becomes your property after the wedding.

To The Glory of God Almighty;

I'll be getting Married To My Bossom and Missing Rib Whom I Met This Year as an MTN Customer Care Representative when i went to retrieve my line at The MTN Office in UGEP Town.

We will be getting married Next Weekend - December 9, 10; 202.

All Nairalanders are invited grin

As a teacher on Nairaland; She's now a nairalander too...and I'm teaching her to teach other people on Nairaland How to bank "Customer Care Representative" Jobs with Brands and Top Companies.

(For Your Information; UGEP is The Town That Yearly Host "MISS LEBOKU" which is One of The Paramount Rural Tourism Attractions for Business Initiators and Investment Tourist.

My Present Wife-To-Be attended to me very respectfully, selflessly and sacrificially like MTN was Her Papa's Office.

And Since I loved her selflessness and respectful manners - Somehow Today; The rest is HISTORY.

Below is The Bride Price Provided to me from her family.

This is exactly what is obtainable in The South-South; Precisely UGEP.
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Thesaint141(m): 10:45pm On Dec 03, 2022
jeromestarks:
Only a virgin woman deserves your love and devotion.

Don't pay bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of in-laws just to have a woman who was fvcked in her best state (virgin) by a man who paid nothing.
You're not a fool.

Imagine how she moaned to another man's dicky before yours.
A woman whom u did nothing t disvirgin will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market.
Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin. Nothing good comes easy.

Better to suffer to get a virgin woman and have a lasting peaceful marriage than to marry any girl and suffer in your marriage.

Marry a virgin or train another man's child and leave your inheritance for a child you did not father.

Oga who vex u?

1 Like

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Bensam2040(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:
This Brief Tale Leads Us To The Question of The Obvious:

If You are about to be married within Very Very Soon:

1) How Did You Meet Your Wife-To-Be ?

or

If You have been Married Before Now;

2) How Did You Meet Your Wife ?

I've briefly explained mine.

What's Yours?

The Floor is Opened To The "About-To Geng" and "Married Men Geng".

Congratulation brother.
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Joetttimua1811(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
Op drop the address maybe I fit attend as NL family representative grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Centmelody: 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2022
[quote author=menix post=118862525]Congrats bro...
Just as someone rightly said earlier, cannibals full that ugep, this I know... U knw ntin
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by TheChameleon: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2022
grin
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by TheChameleon: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
I pity chestbeating developers.

After Aboki and Afonja demons don mercilessly terrorise the toto of a yamlegger...

Na one coward chestbeater go carry am with 35 page lists. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by mrkings84(m): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:

There are wiser ways to ask for requests instead of sounding this rash, demeaning and disrespectful.

Obviously, I mentioned the state within my article but you were too hasty to generalize and want to pick up an unnecessary fault.

There are better ways to engage people for the good of your Online/Offline Business.

Na the lazy youth be that way Buhari talk about......., dem no dey ever for read b4 commenting grin

But you too, to just tell am say na Cross Rivers u no fit but u come get power write plenty straight up responses........ cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Iykenuwa(m): 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:

It was what I was told too when I first visited Yakurr Local Government Area 2 years ago.

The people of Ekori said this to me too because of the historical happenings that the have occured in UGEP when they ate up some soldiers who were deployed into the village.

However, this was a very long time ago.

And this nature of cannibalism only happens amidst some particular tribe in UGEP.

YES, I am very safe. Thanks for asking. wink

The Ekori people till today call the people of UGEP as:

U - United
G - Group
E - Eating
P - People.

grin cool shocked

Fear no gree let me enter here to stay for over 2 years as the people of Ekori no dey gree let me come over here based on "protection".

But, it's all totally fine.

That's what they told you, better be prayerful.

They still do it till tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by udumosam23(m): 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2022
dalass:
This bride price of #15.00 is funny.

However the Papa, Mama, relatives, community money and demands self is more than bride price grin

Wisdom no go Kee some people.

What you're adding with bags of rice, big cans of tomato paste up to 3 different seasonings

Hilarious cheesy cheesy grin

The bride price is traditional thing and must not exceed that amount, and must be paid with different Nigerian currencies. Although some clans have modified the amount to 1,885 to enable all currencies to be represented.

Every other rights are negotiable depending on the strength of the suitor. The yakurr women generally are homely and receptive, respectful and kind. There are still a few terrible ones though.

Cannibalism amongst the yakurr people is a long past history. Although their traditional and cultural activities still pictures these thoughts, they're now far from reality.

I am myself a yakurr man and I married from my community Idomi 8 years back. I also paid #15 bride price and other kepon and lezima expenses took about 130k and it was lauded to be an expensive marriage rites, I was hailed as a man amongst my Kingsmen.

He is blessed whose wife is a yakurr woman. They don't leave their husbands easily.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by GreyLaw(m): 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:

There are wiser ways to ask for requests instead of sounding this rash, demeaning and disrespectful.

Obviously, I mentioned the state within my article but you were too hasty to generalize and want to pick up an unnecessary fault.

There are better ways to engage people for the good of your Online/Offline Business.

That guy asked that question in pidgin English and it was jovial.

You are too sensitive. Your type if you be lecturer, of vourse for Nigeria wey una dey chop 'respect', your students go hear am!

1 Like

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by staga: 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2022
udumosam23:

The bride price is traditional thing and must not exceed that amount, and must be paid with different Nigerian currencies. Although some clans have modified the amount to 1,885 to enable all currencies to be represented.

Every other rights are negotiable depending on the strength of the suitor. The yakurr women generally are homely and receptive, respectful and kind. There are still a few terrible ones though.

Cannibalism amongst the yakurr people is a long past history. Although their traditional and cultural activities still pictures these thoughts, they're now far from reality.

I am myself a yakurr man and I married from my community Idomi 8 years back. I also paid #15 bride price and other kepon and lezima expenses took about 130k and it was lauded to be an expensive marriage rites, I was hailed as a man amongst my Kingsmen.

He is blessed whose wife is a yakurr woman. They don't leave their husbands easily.

Same can't be said for the men.

2 Likes

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by udumosam23(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
menix:
Congrats bro...
Just as someone rightly said earlier, cannibals full that ugep, this I know...

No, you are wrong bro. Probably long time ago yes, but even then, only a few warriors practices such gory act.
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Bensam2040(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
My dad collected #5 for bride price community price was like #500 old man refunded #455 back to the dude las las dudes(inlaw is bless with for boys in ikom local government area of the same state):*:*
MessiahMARLIANS:
I'm from The Yoruba Part of Nigeria too.

However; As an Agricultural Journalistic Entertainment Tourist (AJET); I Travelled Down To Cross River State and Have Settled in Ekori, Yakurr Local Government Area for about 2 Years since I left The Year 2020 EndSars Protest in Ikeja, Lagos State.

To The Glory of God Almighty;

I'll be getting Married To My Bossom and Missing Rib Whom I Met This Year as an MTN Customer Care Representative when i went to retrieve my line at The MTN Office in UGEP Town.

We will be getting married Next Weekend - December 9, 10; 202.

All Nairalanders are invited grin

As a teacher on Nairaland; She's now a nairalander too...and I'm teaching her to teach other people on Nairaland How to bank "Customer Care Representative" Jobs with Brands and Top Companies.

(For Your Information; UGEP is The Town That Yearly Host "MISS LEBOKU" which is One of The Paramount Rural Tourism Attractions for Business Initiators and Investment Tourist.

My Present Wife-To-Be attended to me very respectfully, selflessly and sacrificially like MTN was Her Papa's Office.

And Since I loved her selflessness and respectful manners - Somehow Today; The rest is HISTORY.

Below is The Bride Price Provided to me from her family.

This is exactly what is obtainable in The South-South; Precisely UGEP.

1 Like

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by LincolnOnyeabor: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2022
vince96w2:
true..s family friend shared similar story

Care to share??
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2022
icold:

Im still searching bro.

Wow...

Are you seriously searching or "freestylingly" searching ?

I can show you how to rightly search for your right woman if you are serious about it and opened to ideas.

1) Face Your Business Squarely.

2) Attend Morning Church Services like that of "Covenant Hour of Prayers" which is organized by Winners Chapel.

3) Attend The 2 Weeks Ministerial "WOFBI" which is Year Organized at Winners Chapel For Year 2023. This is Essential. "WOFBI" Redirected My Life for GOOD. And I'll make sure I advance my Ministerial Career at Winners Chapel for Winning has Become A Hobby with God Almighty Being in Charge.

(If your church handles programs like "WOFBI" You may want to Attend That of Your Church).

"WOFBI" means "Word of Faith Bible Institute"

The FIRST Thing I was Able To Achieve After Graduating As A Minister from WOFBI was To Create A 2 Weeks Financial Freedom Institute (FFI) which I Named "The Psychological Skills of Selling Financial Freedom Institute (TPSOSFFI)" which was an Inspiration I got inside the church in one of my WOFBI Sessions in church.

"TPSOSFFI" Became My Breakthrough I was able to Convert My Teaching Skills into Founding A Digital Online Institute of Learning which is Affiliated with The POVERTY ALLEVIATION COIN (PAC) which you can see below.

I'm deep with you on this because I used to be an "ATHEIST".

A Very Stoic One. And many of my Atheistic Writeups are right here on Nairaland.

But all of that is HISTORY Now.

"I'm Fortunate To have Found GOD ALMIGHTY Who is LOVE.

Find LOVE;

You'll Find GOD.

Find Your Wife; You'll Obtain Favour from GOD ALMIGHTY.

4) Always Pray To Your God To reveal to You The Right Woman. Soft Prayers in Your Mind (No be by shout. You don't shout at your Earthly Father, so Why Shout at Your Heavenly Father ?)

5) Your Wife will be revealed to you w

2 Likes

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by udumosam23(m): 11:11pm On Dec 03, 2022
Franzinni:
Dem still dey chop people for ugep?

I know one ugep guy he come work for me that guy entire family nah tiff

His father ... Tiff (retired)

His mother ... Innocent

Him ... Tiff ( active ) he stole my entire office and even swept the room and left with the broom afterwards but he is not the main guy.

His younger brother ... Tiff ( PhD) everything that he touches even if it's in his mind ... It just vanishes ... The guy is So good that he will follow you to babalawo and still babalawo go confuse ... That guy men ... Noooo! That guy nah talented tiff!

Sorry bro, you met the wrong family. We have them in every tribe though.
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by karmaolu1(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
after paying all this things then the woman come die. no be small loose
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by gonkin(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
See another one here.

2 Likes

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by udumosam23(m): 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
vince96w2:
true..s family friend shared similar story

All these stories are just figments of people's imaginations.
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by udumosam23(m): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2022
Joetttimua1811:
Op drop the address maybe I fit attend as NL family representative grin grin grin grin grin

I don book myself already bro. Make im just provide one canopy for nairalanders.
Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by udumosam23(m): 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
staga:

Same can't be said for the men.

I honestly can't vouch for the yakurr man in marriage. Like the Yoruba men, we are generally polygamous in nature and are very notorious of been irresponsible to our children. But that also is changing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) by Joetttimua1811(m): 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2022
udumosam23:

I don book myself already bro. Make im just provide one canopy for nairalanders.

Op come out come respond oooo, we dey ground for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / "Stop Using Hotels On Your First Night Of Marriage" Lady Advises Newly Couples / See The Groom's And Bride's Mothers' Outfits /Dance That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.