Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House (6055 Views)

Ex-head Of State Linked To UN House Bombing / Boko Haram Reveals UN House Bomber’s Name / Boko Haram Attack On UN House: FBI Agents Storm Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Josh316(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2011
GEJ's statement reminds me of a Basket mouth joke, while a chic was ON TOP while beating shyt out of the boyfriend, the mumu boy was shouting, 'I WILL KILL YOU TODAY', grin grin grin
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by blacksta(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
NA youth corper union grin
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by cold(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
After the London riots David Cameron requested for help from a US retired cop who had been involved in gang violence for a while in spite of the resistance from Scotland Yard.US police officers still go to Israel to learn from the experts on how to deal with terrorism.GEJ should stop all these posturing and request for help from those who have been there & have the capacity to deal with these type of issues
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tjtough: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2011
they are always on top of the situation angry
during Nigeria's 50th anniversary last year,a bomb went off very close to the eagle square--they were on top  cry
when the police headquarter was bombed this year--they were on top
now that the UN building has been bombed too--they are still on top
will they be on top till all the country is bombed?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by honeric01(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2011
Terrorism is a global problem, it's our own turn, brace up says GEJ 27th of August 2011.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
It's Nigeria turn to experience terrorist attack, how could this be coming from a president,God this GEJ Must be high on something
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by premechaz: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2011
GEJ is phocking the situation, glad to know that!

Sai GEJ
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by oderemo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they are always on top of the situation
during Nigeria's 50th anniversary last year,a bomb went off very close to the eagle square--they were on top
when the police headquarter was bombed this year--they were on top
now that the UN building has been bombed too--they are still on top
will they be on top till all the country is bomb
gbam gbam
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by EkoIle1: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
This dumb clown GEJ is even worse than I thought. Why is he still the president of Nigeria?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Rhea(f): 1:02am On Aug 28, 2011
shadrach77:

gej is a disgrace - how can the president of a nation dress in such a shabby manner? shocked shocked

What did you expect him to wear. Pant red?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by LoveKing(m): 1:17am On Aug 28, 2011
this man is not a leader. he cant even make a rousing speech
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Myluv1: 1:26am On Aug 28, 2011
On top of the situation = bleepin tha situation (i.e, givin it belle), for those like me wey no enta skul at all tongue
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by efisher(m): 1:34am On Aug 28, 2011
FG is NOT on top of the situation. It is obvious we are losing the battle against terrorism. The only way forward now is foreign intervention. The earlier we beg for help, the better for us. There is no use playing ping-pong with these terrorists anymore. Let the yankees come in and have a filled day with their seals and drones!
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tosino3: 2:06am On Aug 28, 2011
If Yar'adua was alive, he would have made a serious attempt at dialogue.
In fact, is it a matter of dialogue?
I have seen the positive and peaceful side of Islam, but now that people are killing in the name of Islam, shouldn't the Sultan and even leading Moslem scholars from Al-Azhar and other centers issue statements to condemn their acts and also explain that the Quran didn't send them? Or did the Quran actually send them?
Is Boko really Haram? Is Boko Halal?
Who should weigh in on this question? YOU, ME, Scholars of Islam, Imams, Almajirai, Sultan, Muslim children, Muslim celebrities, Muslim politicians.

http://bokohalal..com/2011/08/does-quran-call-muslims-to-kill.html
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by solomon229: 2:21am On Aug 28, 2011
After reading through most comments here I can but wonder what we NL political forumites stand for.
I was one of d people that did everything within our personal abilities to see Buhari or Ribadu win the Presidential election. But I knew even in a 100% free and fear election and the circumstances of the election time PDP would have still carried the day.

Now we have a President that needs our constant, consistent but CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms to keep him on his toes. Thanks to many critics on this forum and other fora GEJ has just "acted" for d first time like a President that values lives and properties of his subjects.

Lives have been lost, properties have been destroyed, and future consequences are still being expected and the only thing many people see in GEJ visit is what he is wearing and how cool he is looking or otherwise. Instead of people to take his words, charge him into action in their own little ways, and continue criticizing every single step he puts wrong we are here "comicalizing"  his visit.

For those who possibly do not understand the implications of GEJ government failure and really wish he fails, these are possible unfolding consequences for all of us that wake up 5 o clock everyday and come back 9 o clock:

* Our friends and family members travelling through/ to the hot zones are constantly being exposed to attacks and various forms of insecurities on daily basis
* GEJ continue failure means :Nigerian economy continue failure:Nigerian Banks failure: More bankers to go : No Bank ready to lend for investment.,.,.
* I expect our revenue from oil and gas sales to the west to shrink in the coming months for following world issues: America current credit rating and d compromise agreement btw DEMO & REPUB to cut deficit and spend less, UK will continue cutting costs and spending, Spain and Italy which are ones of largest buyers of our LNG are gradually slipping into red financial zone

* Less sales from oil means less revenue to the states and LGA and more bad roads, no electricity.,.,.,
* For those Lagosians that believe as long as Fashola is doing fine GEJ can fail for all they care remember Lagos economy in a function of success of the Nigeria National economy.

* For those who are planning to run abroad : This week a Nigerian jumped to his death in China because the Chinese police were going to check his visa, visits visa to UK that normally takes days before now takes months, and many Nigerians are being deported from many Western countries on a daily basis, An American bank refused an account with a church once they discovered it was a Nigerian church, Malaysian government are currently worried and planning to act on the influx of Nigerians into the country.

Agreed, GEJ is weak and not fit to be a President BUT vast majority of Nigerians have chosen him to lead us until 2015. We have no other home and we should always act to improve our nation in spite of the odds.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by NegroNtns(m): 2:42am On Aug 28, 2011
If Nigeria would need foreign intervention to quell Boko Haram menace, then truthfully, we will not be able to defend against a foreign invasion of our country.

Massob and Ibos have a great window of opportunity to break Biafra off now.

Nigeria is handicapped.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by cecegorz(m): 4:45am On Aug 28, 2011
Why is this President's speech ever so UN-INSPIRING!
'May be it is now our turn' Gooosssh!
With this kind of fear-filled, clueless gibberish, global terrorists will be thanking their stars for having a cosy home here.
Forget about Obama even, didn't Jonathan listen to relatively unknown Norwegian President's Speech after their incident? And how swiftly the police rounded up the attacker?
This is a Duuuuuumb! Statement coming from the mouth of C in C of Nigeria!
It simply translates to ' let us fold our hands and accept our lot, there's really nothing we can do about it'!
Duuuumb! Duuummb!! Duuuuuuuuumb!!!
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by BABE3: 5:22am On Aug 28, 2011
"Maybe it's the turn of my people to start dying from terrorist attacks" <--- That's coming from a President? Wow. I never knew Terrorist Attack was a "turn by turn" thing sef. The interviewer should have asked him if the countries on the 'list of attacks' are in Alphabetical order.

Not being an Orator doesn't mean he should lack lucidity in his speech(es) na.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by premechaz: 5:24am On Aug 28, 2011
BABE!:

"Maybe it's the turn of my people to start dying from terrorist attacks" <--- That's coming from a President? Wow. I never knew Terrorist Attack was a "turn by turn" thing sef. The interviewer should have asked him if the countries on the 'list of attacks' are in Alphabetical order.

Not being an Orator doesn't mean he should lack lucidity in his speech(es) na.

There is time for everything and it seems like THIS is our time.

Our time to be killed has come. Hopefully, it will get to Asorock's turn and lets see what he would say.

Turn by turn lada ile aye, No? And your turn, who knows when that would be, BABE!. Do you know?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 28, 2011
Is the Government responsible for the Boko Haram bombings? YES!!! See reason below

1. The Nigeria Govt. under the leadership of Pres. Goodluck sent Soldiers into Maiduguri to curb the spate of killing in the northern city. During their campaign, the Sect leader of Boko Haram (the man with the blueprint) was captured and detained in Military custody, only to secretly exterminate him extra-judicially.
Who instructed the extermination? Why?
What do they have to hide?If they have carried out intelligence on the captive via interrogation & investigated the findings, will be have been in the dire straight we now find ourselves? Why the hasty and secretive unconstitutional killing of the captive?
The Govt under the leadership of JEG must render unreserved apology to the family of the victims for the role it plays in the build-up to these mess and furthermore, go ahead to demonstrate to Nigerian that as the Commander-in-chief of the armed force and the Security officer of the country they are committed to safeguarding live & property of every Nigeria Citizens/Residents

2. Stop paying lip service to security by sanitizing the police, custom and border immigration (perhaps, they were more interested in being "rogered" by the perpetrator of these dastardly acts, who of course must have smuggle their bombs in despite these idiots) They set up roadblocks all over the place, but are only interested in extorting money from hapless Nigerians (of course ammunition smugglers and militants will thrive in these condition)
After being humiliated by the police, many no longer feel safe in their presence talk much of reporting suspicion to them.

3. Aid and abet fellow corrupt but incompetent fools into office. in the process use the services of this evil souls to achieve their ambition, eventually the chicken will always come home to roost. The oppression of the downtrodden by the elite in the north is mind-boggling. This natural leads to frustration and susceptible to dangerous ideas
(A) Either by coming to a situation where they started seeing Education as evil/sacrilege; being the factor that create the gap in the first place. (The same education that create the disparity in the first place, the same education that the power that be made impossible for this class of people, the same education that has now gone to the highest bidder)
(B)or Being manipulated by some extremist Cleric/cohorts of the ruling class who find a way to blame the evil on Igbo, Christians or any of the others, insofar the elite are not mentioned. The same elite who are friends and associate of the Government.I saw footage of victims and picture of all these carnage and I wept. I'M HURTING!
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by BABE3: 5:32am On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

There is time for everything and it seems like THIS is our time.

Our time to be killed has come. Hopefully, it will get to Asorock's turn and lets see what he would say.

Turn by turn lada ile aye, No? And your turn, who knows when that would be, BABE!. Do you know?

--- Oloun maje. Mo taka Oshi danu mehn.  grin

It's either your President is really intellectually-challenged, or he just doesn't know how to talk. My choice is leaning towards the former.  
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by okadaman2: 6:01am On Aug 28, 2011
^

My bet is on both. Shey ka ko?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by BABE3: 6:08am On Aug 28, 2011
^^No, I don't want to ko.

It's possible you're right.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Meristem: 6:47am On Aug 28, 2011
ABUJA – BARELY 24 hours after a suicide bomber rammed his car into United Nations, UN, building in Abuja, killing at least 25 people and injuring over 40, President Goodluck Jonathan, Saturday, paid an on-the-spot assessment visit to the scene of the blast.

President Jonathan, after seeing the extent of damage, assured Nigerians and the international community that Nigeria is on top of the situation, to uncover those behind the rising pace of terrorism in the country.

He vowed that Nigeria will continue to collaborate with the international community on the war against terrorism, and expressed Nigeria’s appreciation to her friends and allies, especially world leaders for their solidarity with the country in these trying moments.

“One thing is very clear, terrorist attack on any individual or any group is a terrorist attack to the rest of the world, it is not just about the UN office in Nigeria. We will work with the UN and all the world leaders, of course, many of them have contacted me between yesterday and today”, he said.

Asked if the attack has adverse effect on the image of Nigeria, the President said, “of course, wherever you have terrorist attack in any country, Nigeria is not an isolated case. Many countries have suffered from terrorists attacks, may be it is the turn of Nigeria. But we are on top of the situation”

Jonathan had arrived at the venue exactly 12.02 pm hours, with his aides and was received by the National Security Adviser, Ministers of Information, Police Affairs, International Affairs and Ministers of State for Foreign Affairs and Defence, Olusola Obada
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Meristem: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2011
Abeg, how did we get this mu.mu into Aaso Rock sef? Ok, I recall. He was the best choice at the time: Having contested against Ateeeku and I Bee Bee.
I have a gut feeling he is totally clueless about what to do, he said the very same thing after the Louis Edet House explosion. "We are on top of the situation speculations"
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Merc: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2011
Oh i miss OBJ!
grin
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Onuohasworld(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2011
thunder go fire all those useless politicianss, we re on top of the situation, una fada there, we il apprehend the suspect, police una dey mad, make boko haram jam una family, idiots, na 2 day we begin hear am, president condemns,senate condems,,the actions of the boko haram, when you fools cant do any thing bout it, na 2 just sit down 4 office dey condemn, ewwwwwwwwwu
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Builder: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2011
GEJ says we are on top of the situation, this fool things he is on top his wife, he should be awarded the nobel prize for been the most incompetent idi.ot of all time
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Demdem(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2011
"Nigerians dont panic, terrorists attacks happens everwhere" - GEJ
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by okadaman2: 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
Nigerians are too impatient sef, my president is on top of the situation nah embarassed

"terrorist bomb blast attack is turn by turn, it is now our turn" - Big Boss GEJ
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
On top of which situation?

Boko haram's?

Who da hell does GEJ's adminitration think they're fooling?

Where are the ragtag SS/SE who were proud to vote for him with their 99% votes? Nonsense.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by slimghost(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

On top of which situation?

Where are the ragtag SS/SE who were proud to vote for him with their 99% votes? Nonsense.

Nah! u got it all wrong my friend, you should be telling the ragtag Northerners to allow peace reign and stop shedding innocent blood. learn to deal with issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala / Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.