Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,508 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria (6197 Views)

350 IGBO VILLAGES OCCUPIED BY FULANI AND SHUWA ARAB MERCENARIES – BARONNESS COX / APC Built Train Stations In Villages Of PDP Chieftains – Amaechi / 'Dozens Killed' As Boko Haram Attacks Villages, IDP Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Define population density.
You claim they abandoned one place and moved to another . You just made that up. It is fiction
The purported reason for the fictional abandonment is your concoction .............more fiction

Where did you get all this nonsense from?
DId Igbos control the Bight of Biafra?
Arochukwu people controlled the bight of Biafra. It's funny you are so shallow and still want to argue.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

But same applied to yorubaland, as for the we, I'm talking about modern era. The British have drawn the map based on all anthropological methods of classifying an ethnic group. Eg, while Austria was part of Austrian empire together with Hungary, the main Germany was independent city states but later Austria and Germany were classified as the same ethnicity despite not being in the same country
Irrelevant
You claim to be democrats but had several kings and did not allow women to inherit land or their father's property
You practised Osu caste system
Not democratic

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Irrelevant
You claim to be democrats but had several kings and did not allow women to inherit land or their father's property
You practised Osu caste system
Not democratic
Germany had no empire but Austria had Austrian empire and they are Germans

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Arochukwu people controlled the bight of Biafra. It's funny you are so shallow and still want to argue.
Arochukwu were not Igbos and they did not control bight of Biafra obviously you are ignorant they sold slaves through Calabar .
The Aros were a conquered enclave ruled by Akampa/Akpa kings just like Fulani rule Hausas. They did not at anytime during the slave trade identify as Igbo.
The so called Bight of Biafra was controlled by different Ijaw clans d

What is Bight of Biafra exactly name the landings ?
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Germany had no empire but Austria had Austrian empire and they are Germans
Mot relevant to this thread You were not democrats
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

No How did Arochukwu control Bonny?? Please explain

Bonny was the main slave port in the Bight of Biafra which extended to Gabon and Sao Tome
? How did Arochukwu control Gabon or Calabar or Bonny?
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Arochukwu were not Igbos and they did not control bight of Biafra obviously you are ignorant they sold slaves through Calabar .
The Aros were a conquered enclave ruled by Akampa/Akpa kings just like Fulani rule Hausas. They did not at anytime during the slave trade identify as Igbo.
The so called Bight of Biafra was controlled by different Ijaw clans d

What is Bight of Biafra exactly name the landings ?
Walter Roodney who wrote that very popular book is from Tanzania. Akamkpa and Abbi are Igbo in cross River State, but Aros were from somewhere around Ebonyi before conquering the land of Ibibios

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Mot relevant to this thread You were not democrats
The most relevant is that we were the most democratic in pre colonial Africa

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Walter Roodney who wrote that very popular book is from Tanzania. Akamkpa and Abbi are Igbo in cross River State, but Aros were from somewhere around Ebonyi before conquering the land of Ibibios
Not only somewhere around Ebonyi Somewhere around Sambisa

You have no clue what you are talking about and are just vomiting rubbish
Akpa people are NOT igbo
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
No How did Arochukwu control Bonny?? Please explain

Bonny was the main slave port in the Bight of Biafra which extended to Gabon and Sao Tome
? How did Arochukwu control Gabon or Calabar or Bonny?
You see the ignorance I have been talking about? Aro Confederacy stretched to Cameroon
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Not only somewheer around Ebonyi Somewhere around Sambisa

You have no clue what you are talking about and are just vomiting rubbish
Akpa people are NOT igbo
Akamkpa and ABI are igbos. I met someone in Minna who claimed he was igbo, when I asked people where the man is from they said "don't mind him, na Calabar man"
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Akamkpa and ABI are igbos. I met someone in Minna who claimed he was igbo, when I asked people where the man is from they said "don't mind him, na Calabar man"
Yes even Fulanis are Igbos I met some in Disney wonderland yesterday They came with some Igbo cows

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

You see the ignorance I have been talking about? Aro Confederacy stretched to Cameroon
Evidence? Is Cameroon Bonny?

Most Igbo slaves were sold through Bonny

Aros did not control Bonny
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Evidence? Is Cameroon Bonny?

Most Igbo slaves were sold through Bonny

Aros did not control Bonny
And Aros were the ones who sold igbo slaves. Bonny and Opobo today are like Igbo/Ijaw mix due to Aro control during the Confederacy. King Jaja was kidnapped from Owerri by Aros before moving to Opobo through the Imo River

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Yes even Fulanis are Igbos I met some in Disney wonderland yesterday They came with some Igbo cows
Akamkpa are just like Igbanke in Edo, Bros you know nothing about the extent of Igboland. Check British colonial maps
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by GoodLife4live: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
owobokiri:
We have the best villages in the whole of Africa! No cap...
Don't argue about that..., Just show us examples of f better places..
That is not a boastful comment. That is a statement of fact.
Visit Anambra and Imo States and have peace in your life.. Enugu and Ebony can do better but they're quickly catching up..
I am super proud of the achievements of my people in this area. It's stunning!
Villages like Awka Etiti, Neni, Adazi them, Urualla , Akokwa, Mbaise, Nnewi , Abiriba them are so lavishly populated with the type of stunning mansions that you won't see in any such villages across the continent.

Even when compared with the villages I have seen in Asia, our hometowns are in another level! It is a thing of pride really..
The culture of building stunning edifices in the villages should be encouraged. It helps provide modern living standards to the old ones left in the villages.
What we need do going forward is to have a government cordinated master plan to bring the much needed basic infastructures and amenities such power lines, transportation systems, landlines, tarred roads and water pipes to these villages. That is the quickest way to take them to world class standards
nwanne men una too dey celebrate mediocrity achievements why ? That lekki for ajah NAA some people village....anufia clamoring poverty as achievements...shio
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
GoodLife4live:
nwanne men una too dey celebrate mediocrity achievements why ? That lekki for ajah NAA some people village....anufia clamoring poverty as achievements...shio
Those places are not villages because it's now cosmopolitan and built by non indigenous persons. Owerri, Enugu onitsha, Aba are also people villages but they can't be called village anymore so understand the context of the thread

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Akamkpa are just like Igbanke in Edo, Bros you know nothing about the extent of Igboland. Check British colonial maps
I know other Igbos with sense would be embarrassed to read this desperate twaddle

THey ARE NOT igbo
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

And Aros were the ones who sold igbo slaves. Bonny and Opobo today are like Igbo/Ijaw mix due to Aro control during the Confederacy. King Jaja was kidnapped from Owerri by Aros before moving to Opobo through the Imo River
Aro did not control Bonny during the slave trade Whether or not they are Igbo Ijaw mix today is NOT RELEVANT
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Aro did not control Bonny during the slave trade Whether or not they are Igbo Ijaw mix today is NOT RELEVANT
Aro controlled igbo, ijaw, efik, ibibio up to Cameroon. Aro westward advance was slowed down by Awka people who were blacksmith and produced weapons, by the time Aro besiged onitsha after forming alliance with Obosi, the British had already established in Onitsha. A British naval reinforcement force them to retreat.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Aro controlled igbo, ijaw, efik, ibibio up to Cameroon. Aro westward advance was slowed down by Awka people who were blacksmith and produced weapons, by the time Aro besiged onitsha after forming alliance with Obosi, the British had already established in Onitsha. A British naval reinforcement force them to retreat.
Controlled How? Did they colonize them of conquer them? What was the nature of the control?
You just wake up and start typing rubbish

Aro DID NOT control Bonny EVER

Aros were not Igbo

For the first time I am hearing of an Igbo Empire that extended to Cameroon

Are you not funny?
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
I know other Igbos with sense would be embarrassed to read this desperate twaddle

THey ARE NOT igbo
grin read what is written under the drawing

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

grin
What is your point?
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
What is your point?
Map of Igboland. Areas covering the location of akamkpa and Igbanke are within the map
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Controlled How? Did they colonize them of conquer them? What was the nature of the control?
You just wake up and start typing rubbish

Aro DID NOT control Bonny EVER

Aros were not Igbo

For the first time I am hearing of an Igbo Empire that extended to Cameroon

Are you not funny?
Not an empire but a Confederacy that was more Economic control than political control

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Not an empire but a Confederacy that was more Economic control than political control
Aros were not Igbo
They DID NOT control Bonny

This revisionism where you are now trying to sell an idea of an Igbo Empire is very amusing
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Map of Igboland. Areas covering the location of akamkpa and Igbanke are within the map
Map of Igboland according to whom? Who did the survey?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Map of Igboland according to whom? Who did the survey?
British
Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

British
Evidence?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

British
Tell us the date that British did survey in Nigeria to say which is Igboland , Ijaw land,Ogoniland and so on and where it was published?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2022
omonnakoda:
Aros were not Igbo
They DID NOT control Bonny

This revisionism where you are now trying to sell an idea of an Igbo Empire is very amusing
Economic Confederacy not political empire, guy if you are this empty stop engaging in argument. The book "how Europe underdeveloped Africa" is very popular in universities. Go to page 122 and see where the author from Tanzania said that Aro traders controlled the bight of Biafra. Don't worry I will get snapshot of the page tomorrow but this was my thread regarding the topic last year. Go and verify

Re: Igbo Villages Are The Best In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Economic Confederacy not political empire, guy if you are this empty stop engaging in argument. The book "how Europe underdeveloped Africa" is very popular in universities. Go to page 122 and see where the author from Tanzania said that Aro traders controlled the bight of Biafra. Don't worry I will get snapshot of the page tomorrow but this was my thread regarding the topic last year. Go and verify
Aro did not control Bonny I do not need an author from Tanzania or Kathmandu to tell me that

Aro confederacy was in Arochukwu and not Ijaw land or Cameroon
Bight of Biafra is the atlantic ocean And Aro people were not seagoing

Itwas a very extensive place going all the way to Gabon

So talk about the Land

The Bight of Biafra is today called the Bight of Bonny and the most important place as far as slave trade was concerned was Bonny
Bonny was not controlled by Arochukwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is Gloria .B. Tinubu From The American Universities Year Book / National Assembly Website Hacked . . . / Hoodlums Regroup In Oshodi, Dispossess Motorists Of Valuables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.