Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? (1094 Views)

I Have The Most Worst Father On Earth / The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2022
Recently I was promised by someone in Lagos he promised to send me TP, also he promised accommodation and feeding for a week will be at his own expense.

So I was overjoyed, I put my hope there and was eager to finally go and know Lagos.
I intended to look for any menial job like washing cars, going to restaurants to help wash plates or even sell water and gala so that I won't depend on him and become a burden to him.
Also since I sold my wheelbarrow and use it to train myself and learnt tailoring as a skill and handwork, I planned to will hustle there and buy a sewing machine so that I can train myself to further my education, since i don't have anybody to sponsor me...
Long story short, the man completely ignored me and choose not to say anything to me .
Now all my hope and dreams died down and most of the people that I told them about the journey made me their laughing and mockery topic, you know how village is nau, with these experience I now believe to trust anyone help comes from only God but am fully disappointed.
No sewing machine for me.
No travel for me
And no work for now

Never trust anyone.
Share your experience

Link to previous thread:https://www.nairaland.com/7458891/finally-going-travel-lagos-very

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by Foodqueen(f): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2022
It's well
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2022
I couldn't bang Aunty Ngozi's big yellowbone ass before she moved to the UK with her husband and kids. The day we were supposed to bang she had asthma attack.

Otilor

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by ecolime(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2022
Got hospitalised a day before a big final job interview with no opportunity to reschedule.

A remote international job worth thousands of $$$ monthly cry

Painful but I thank God I have my health.

We move

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by luluosas(m): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
Despite being in debt, I was scammed of 10k and it
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
Having to deal with the boring emojis on Nairaland for another 365 days.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by GboyegaD(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
crood:
Recently I was promised by someone in Lagos he promised to send me TP, also he promised accommodation and feeding for a week will be at his own expense.

So I was overjoyed, I put my hope there and was eager to finally go and know Lagos.
I intended to look for any menial job like washing cars, going to restaurants to help wash plates or even sell water and gala so that I won't depend on him and become a burden to him.
Also since I sold my wheelbarrow and use it to train myself and learnt tailoring as a skill and handwork, I planned to will hustle there and buy a sewing machine so that I can train myself to further my education, since i don't have anybody to sponsor me...
Long story short, the man completely ignored me and choose not to say anything to me .
Now all my hope and dreams died down and most of the people that I told them about the journey made me their laughing and mockery topic, you know how village is nau, with these experience I now believe to trust anyone help comes from only God but am fully disappointed.
No sewing machine for me.
No travel for me
And no work for now

Never trust anyone.
Share your experience

Link to previous thread:https://www.nairaland.com/7458891/finally-going-travel-lagos-very

If you have a radio app on your phone I will advise you listen to "Sharing life issues" on Inspiration FM 92.3 Lagos tomorrow.
Try to call into the program, speak to Aunt Landa, she might be able to bring you to Lagos, get you a temporary residence in their shelter, while you work to buy your sewing machine.
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by TheCongo2: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
GboyegaD:

If you have a radio app on your phone I will advise you listen to "Sharing life issues" on Inspiration FM 92.3 Lagos tomorrow.
Try to call into the program, speak to Aunt Landa, she might be able to bring you to Lagos, get you a temporary residence in their shelter, while you work to buy your sewing machine.

Can we put money together and help OP fulfill his dream ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by TheCongo2: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
Can we offer OP a trip to Lagos ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by GboyegaD(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheCongo2:

The question is how does she survive in Lagos? Her going to Lagos shouldn't be the most important if not accommodation. The very reason she should try reach out to Aunt Landa's foundation. When she has a roof over her head, other things will follow.
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by TheCongo2: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
GboyegaD:

The question is how does she survive in Lagos? Her going to Lagos shouldn't be the most important if not accommodation. The very reason she should try reach out to Aunt Landa's foundation. When she has a roof over her head, other things will follow.

My question is if Aunt Landa's foundation can do it. Why we, as Nairaland community, can't do it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by Nko1: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
God is good nevertheless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by GboyegaD(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheCongo2:

My question is if Aunt Landa's foundation can do it. Why we, as Nairaland community, can't do it?

To pay for someone's accommodation as individuals? We can't achieve compared to a foundation that already has a shelter and people are offered bed spaces. If there's a roof, then we can think of helping by fixing her at a shop where she can do her business and if need be, get her 1 machine while she collaborate with the shop owner on paying some monies (rent) to use other tools.
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by TheCongo2: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
GboyegaD:

To pay for someone's accommodation as individuals? We can't achieve compared to a foundation that already has a shelter and people are offered bed spaces. If there's a roof, then we can think of helping by fixing her at a shop where she can do her business and if need be, get her 1 machine while she collaborate with the shop owner on paying some monies (rent) to use other tools.

Com'on ... even a single person can be able to help OP with all that you have mentioned.
And here I am talking about a community called Nairaland coming together to help OP and you think we will fail?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by GboyegaD(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
TheCongo2:

Com'on ... even a single person can be able to help OP with all that you have mentioned.
And here I am talking about a community called Nairaland coming together to help OP and you think we will fail?

In that case, take it up with TEHN (not sure of the name) i.e. the Nairaland Foundation. Individually, trying to take up all those roles might not be the best since we don't have the mechanism to verify and run the logistics.
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 5:29am On Dec 06, 2022
TheCongo2:
Can we offer OP a trip to Lagos ?
please make my dream come true
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 5:31am On Dec 06, 2022
GboyegaD:

don't worry about the survival Just help me achieve my dream please
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 5:33am On Dec 06, 2022
TheCongo2:

please let's do it I will always remember how u showed me Kindness and I too will help others that's how to make the world a beautiful place
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 5:35am On Dec 06, 2022
GboyegaD:

if I can get the machine I can survive from there
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2022
For me the worst disappointment must be from when I visited my aunt earlier this year.

In the evening, I spotted two American cockroaches and I thought maybe they entered through the back door and there I was busy chasing after them and wanting to kill them, I even asked my cousin to help me out because those things are super fast and they can fly.

Finally we managed to kill them, everything was just fine and we went to bed but I didn't immediately fall asleep. Somewhere in the night I got up, decided to charge my phone and I had to switch the light on in order to look for the charger.

Immediately I switched on the light, I was shocked by what I saw, about 8 or 10 American cockroaches in the room having a party, I then ran out of the room and went knocking on my aunt's door and asked her to come and help me kill them.

She looked disturbed and told me I should've just scared them away because they're not harmful, this is not just any cockroaches, but American cockroaches and those things are big in size. I was kinda surprised because my aunt is the most judgemental person I know, always looking down on other people and talking of how some people are unhygienic.

She tried getting rid of them for my sake, but some managed to run and hide within the room, I suggested that we move some of the things in the room and kill them all, but she told me she was tired and going back to sleep.

I couldn't sleep in the room that night anymore, so I stayed in the living room until morning. The following day I went and bought two insecticides and sprayed around the room, I had to move some of the things in the room so I could reach some spaces I couldn't. And there I was thinking that I was victorious and conquered some American cockroaches, but I was wrong, I later found out that the entire house was infested with American cockroaches, especially the kitchen and the storeroom. It kinda explained why my aunt and cousin didn't really seemed bothered by them because they were already used to living with them.

So I decided to look for a pest control company that could come and help with the infestation and I told my aunt about it and she seemed fine with it.

The quotation of the entire house was emailed to me of which required my signature, I signed it and made some payments.. Everything was going as planned and we had even decided on the day that they would come and exterminate the cockroaches. I was no longer in my aunt's house, but I was willing to help give the people directions to the house.

The day before the exterminators were expected to come, my aunt called me and told me to cancel the whole arrangement, that she doesn't have time to move some of the things from the house and clean it, so they could find it clean when they come.. I asked her to ask my cousin for help, but she told me my cousin is lazy. I was really shocked and disappointed, this is the woman who's job only requires her to work for only two days in a week and has enough time on her hands.

I suggested that we could postpone the day to the following week, but she told me to cancel it.

She also asked me how do I think the neighbors would think of her when they see the exterminators and find out that she has cockroach infestation.. like I was really disappointed in her and just gave her a hot slap in my head.. I asked my mom to intervene, but she told me of how she doesn't want to get involved because she knows how stubborn and easily offended her little sister is.

In the end, the extermination never did happened and I don't think I'll ever sleep over at my aunt's house ever again.
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by jalodo2: 10:12am On Dec 06, 2022
crood:
Only if they know who u are. You ALWAYS learn work with no money to buy tools, mostly sewing machine or barbing tools, sometimes u are a phone repairer. I cant count how many monikers you have used to beg for money to buy sewing machine. Most times u come as ophan or you have a mum u feeding or sick mum. For years you have being on this cashing out. Oh! before I forget, u are always from Kogi/ Abuja / Zamfara/ Benue. Running round from one section to another opening threads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by jalodo2: 10:20am On Dec 06, 2022
crood:
Another thing i learnt about u is that whenever you come out with a new thread with ur stories, one or two of ur old monikers will b there urging pple on or showing solidarity. You can only scam people who wont do background check up. Christmas is here now, cant count how many stories u came up with, using different male and female monikers

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by jalodo2: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2022
TheCongo2:

grin Ole

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2022
jalodo2:
Only if they know who u are. You ALWAYS learn work with no money to buy tools, mostly sewing machine or barbing tools, sometimes u are a phone repairer. I cant count how many monikers you have used to beg for money to buy sewing machine. Most times u come as ophan or you have a mum u feeding or sick mum. For years you have being on this cashing out. Oh! before I forget, u are always from Kogi/ Abuja / Zamfara/ Benue. Running round from one section to another opening threads.
guy you don't know me why are you spoiling my name and helper ?
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by chocolatee(f): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
I saved my NYSC allowance to start a jewelry business but no customer, I did sponsored ad, pay 2 for exhibition, I sell little now I am in debt, please patronize me, my IG and Facebook handle is @topjewelrycollection
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by crood: 8:47am On Dec 07, 2022
TheCongo2:

please call me sir 2349048693850
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
None to the glory of God.

Thank you Lord.
Re: What Is The Most Worst Disappointment You Have Received so far This Year? by JOACHINpedro: 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
None and glory be to the father.
I don't expect from people any longer. Life without expectation is bliss

(1) (Reply)

MY Girl Friend Is After My Life / My Aunt Owes Me Some Money / Funny Things Our Kids Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.