Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,258 members, 7,846,183 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? (5213 Views)

Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / She Said "All Men Deserve To Be Slaves To Women" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2011
lol Sagamite, my brother Nigerian women are not worst or better than the other women, we want the same thing:
A guy who loves us and make us feel woman smiley

Pendo yes completely it's a cultural thing! kiss
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Sagamite(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2011
Nayah:

lol Sagamite, my brother Nigerian women are not worst or better than the other women, we want the same thing:
A guy who loves us and make us feel woman smiley

Yep, I know. I have a PhD in Womantology.

Nothing wrong with that desire. Many decent men are happy to give it.

What is wrong with most Western African women is to think it is an entitlement and something they do not have to work for, and they can (and should) still get it while being an utter shythead.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2011
Sagamite, be patient, it will change because the world is changing wink
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
The poster is right.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Sagamite(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nayah:

Sagamite, be patient, it will change because the world is changing wink

Amen.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
pendo89:

Habari Naya,

You know av been on this forum and I have come to one conclusion. Majority of 'nigerian men' either fear or detest classy or women who have the muscle to bring food home. I read a thread asking if a man would be scared of approaching a lady with a car.I couldnt believe it.
I seriously don't know what the problem is with the working class ladies there.Do they pose a challenge? and if so what challenge?
Everyday a thread opens saying nigerian women are gold diggers and all that. And I wonder,is there NO single working class nigerian lady who is not a gold digger? is there no lady that pays her own bills,drives her car,without depending on a man for maintanance? Really? is there none at all?
Is it a society problem that makes it criminal for a woman to be self reliant? do you get ostracised if you fail to depend on the man?
It shocks me to read about small things like recharge,meals etc when I know that some single ladies take care of bigger stuff like rent,food,clothings etc without relying on any man. And they have very stable relationships as well because its a matter of 50/50.
Seems like having no money as a lady in nigeria is a problem and having it is even worse problem! so what do u expect your ladies to be?? undecided undecided
I think the men there are contributing to this menace.
Its almost law that for a guy to get a lady he must buy recharge cards,meals,clothes balablabla.
If I came to nigeria and I refuse all those things then will I be considered abnormal? What if I turn tables and I decide to buy the guy the cards and fuel his vehicle,pay for meals and pay the hotel for 2 days while he pays for 2? Will I still qualify to be called a lady?

Habari yako??

You missed it completel, atleast from my own point of view,

Dont let this site deceive you

I dont have anything against nigerian women been successful or not.

As a matter of fact, I love it when the women are independent. But some nigerian

women and their way of thinking is just  lipsrsealed

I mean common, it is the muthafucking 21st century. Things have changed. its not like

in the olden days where tradition overtook all, Whoever i did end up with, i will give her

all her heart desires. i dont expect anything from her but if such a girl is classy enough, she did

realize that she did need to surprise me someday with a gift or smt, I rest my case.

Talking about nigerian women alone is enough to write a best seller than would sell. i should really

consider writing that piece,

@ Nayah

Hey beautiful, How you doing??

Contrary to what you may think, I have never dated a nigerian girl before but i hear stories on a daily bases and

believe you me, its aint funny, Can i have your email now? nakupeda nayah wink
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^sawasawa.

@ Nayah cool sis kiss
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
lol Moonraker!
Asante sana!  wink about my email I though I was clear about privacy last time, I'm sure you know it's kind not clever putting my e mail on here  smiley

Sagamite as for Nigerian women, one word: SELECTION
@ Pendo Ndio sister! kiss
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by premechaz: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^^ Me likey your big b/-o-obi/es
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
Premechaz, and me like your rudness lol smiley
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2011
cool
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by premechaz: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nayah:

Premechaz, and me like your rudness lol  smiley

Awesome.

What part of France do you reside in?  Hold on, will give you my email very soon.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by premechaz: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2011
moonraker:

heres mine *short time"

Whatz your problem small boy, GTFOH
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

Whatz your problem small boy, GTFOH

do yourself a favour, hang yourself,
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
grin grin Nayah

sasa umeleta vita! tuliza basi tafadhali grin
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2011
pendo89:

grin grin Nayah

sasa umeleta vita! tuliza basi tafadhali grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I rest my case,
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
pendo loooooool grin grin grin
Mooraker and Premechaz, please just talk about the thread asante
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by kandiikane(m): 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

Awesome.

What part of France do you reside in?  Hold on, will give you my email very soon.

Do you ever work?
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nayah:

pendo loooooool  grin grin grin
Mooraker and Premechaz, please just talk about the thread asante

wacha uchoyo dada patiana mail.  grin grin
moonraker:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I rest my case,

hapana. mvumilivu hula mbivu.
grin grin
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by claremont(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2011
Thread derailers are getting so brave and callous these days that they don't even mind openly using their own dialect to derail some other person's thread! SMH
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
claremont:

Thread derailers are getting so brave and callous these days that they don't even mind openly using their own dialect to derail some other person's thread! SMH

I am sorry for derailing the thread

pendo89:

wacha uchoyo dada patiana mail.  grin grin
hapana. mvumilivu hula mbivu.
grin grin

Kweli lakini kama unaweza kuona, kuna ushindani. I rest my case

P.S Very sorry swahili yangu ni kutu
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
moonraker:

P.S Very sorry swahili yangu ni[b] kutu[/b]

grin grin

am sorry and am out. small episode.

claremont angry
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
Claremont, I think it's not fair, your statement is overreacted, don't tell me we always talk in swahili, and who told you we talk about people on here, some people insult in their language but we don't even pay attention on it, just ask if you don't know before accusing, you shouldn't take this for you

Moonraker I didn't know you speak Swahili too
Pendo my dear habari oh
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nayah:

Claremont, I think it's not fair, your statement is overreacted, don't tell me we always talk in swahili, and who told you we talk about people on here, some people insult in their language but we don't even pay attention on it, just ask if you don't know before accusing, you shouldn't take this for you

Moonraker I didn't know you speak Swahili too
Pendo my dear habari oh

Am cool kabisa. His swa has kutu grin grin

Nayah tuliza.dont forget this is a nigerian site.So hes right.
Now leave it to rest b4 we get mob justice cz i can assure you we wont survive grin
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by ndahbros1: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
In this age of escalating ratio of single girls,old maids, or chronic spinsters,a husband is a divine gift.Women should always remember to do a Thanksgiving Service weneva they are LUCKY enuf to get married.These days, a girl at 30 years of age is still talking abt boyfriends up and down because MEN ARE SCARCE.Sometimes they manage to settle with a man they would not hv given the time of day 10 years ago when they were still fresh.My submission therefore, is that for a man to be merciful enuf to propose to a modern-day Nigerian girl who would have been a spinster at 56, that girl shd show some appreciation and shower him with gifts.If he decides to go nko?no be haert attack?when the next one go come again?
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by claremont(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
ndahbros1:

In this age of escalating ratio of single girls,old maids, or chronic spinsters,a husband is a divine gift.Women should always remember to do a Thanksgiving Service weneva they are LUCKY enuf to get married.These days, a girl at 30 years of age is still talking abt boyfriends up and down because MEN ARE SCARCE.Sometimes they manage to settle with a man they would not hv given the time of day 10 years ago when they were still fresh.My submission therefore, is that for a man to be merciful enuf to propose to a modern-day Nigerian girl who would have been a spinster at 56, that girl shd show some appreciation and shower him with gifts.If he decides to go nko?no be haert attack?when the next one go come again?
. . . and the above-mentioned, my friend, is currently the best comments I have seen on this thread so far. The earlier they take notice, the better for them! cheesy grin
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2011
Pendo lol of course it's a Nigerian forum, and I respect that but I think the tone was a bit rough, anyway, miss u tough my sister
Ndahbros 1 yes having a husband is a wonderful thing for me but N[b]OT FOR EVERY WOMAN[/b], and having a husband at any price, might not be the best choice
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
This engangement stuff being blown out of proportion.
What is engagement? who is engaging who,how,where and why.
Engagement is not a favour. Its an honourable thing.

r u on skype nayah? dont paste if you do.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Nayah(f): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
Pendo yes un but don't go there very often but I can start
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by pendo89(f): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
ok i dnt yim.pefer skype.
nway l8tr.back to work
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by whyMMM: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2011
yeap

my wife gave me a packet of condom angry
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by emofine(f): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
Princek12:

don't the women also get the gift of the man in question? educate me.

Yes, they do "get the gift of the man" . . however the man obligatory presents the symbol of their union.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am In A State Of Dilemma- Should I Give My Boyfriend A Phone? / I Went To Visit Titilayo And She Unzips My Trouser And She Starts.... (pics) / What Do You Hate About Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.