Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) (30029 Views)

My Vegetable Soup Recipe Using Frying Method (pics And Video) / My Yummy Beans And Plantain Recipe (frying Method).. Guys Come In And Learn / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by ariesbull: 5:51am On Dec 04, 2022
Mercury12:

You just deluded. It is better you stop talking trash on this beautiful thread.
na your papa is deluded with your mama
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Mercury12(m): 6:04am On Dec 04, 2022
ariesbull:
na your papa is deluded with your mama
Ahan! I see. This is typical ipob intolerant ethnic bigot!
You seams to wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
I respect my parents.
I don't wake them with kicks in the morning like you and your lots lol.
Las las you will be fine. cheesy
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by ariesbull: 6:24am On Dec 04, 2022
Mercury12:

Ahan! I see. This is typical ipob intolerant ethnic bigot!
You seams to wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
I respect my parents.
I don't wake them with kicks in the morning like you and your lots lol.
Las las you will be fine. cheesy
aha I see the typical Afonja oduduwa intolerant clown badly raised kid
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by BRATISLAVA: 8:04am On Dec 04, 2022
Another thread where a woman consciously plays around with an abusive, misogynist cyber bully in the name of food.

Until it hits home, people will always play with their demons.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Mercury12(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2022
ariesbull:
aha I see the typical Afonja oduduwa intolerant clown badly raised kid
Omoluabis respect their parents as well as other people parents and elders.
We don't curse other people parents or wake them up with kicks.
So who is badly raised?
Perhaps it mkpiru mirri or Buhari economy that is negatively affecting your mental health undecided
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Crumbian: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Oh that's great.
I will get the pictures of the vegetables and its alternative names and mention you.

So I did a Google search and discovered that scent leaf is something I'm actually very familiar with. It grows at the back of our house every year. It's used by people around for medicinal purposes.

Scent pepper on the other hand is a little confusing. I may have seen it before.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by BanyXchi: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2022
ariesbull:

Igbo have given Nigeria many foods

j
okwuru they non igbo call it okro ...but the real igbo name is okwuru (meaning to stand )okro tree is tall and stands that's why Igbo call it Okwuru but non igbo copied it and name it okro

ugu is another igbo vegetable

without igbo many tribes like yoruba and ebira will be eating trash
Delusional Ipob terrorist.
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by tyav7: 11:20am On Dec 04, 2022
Kollins11:
I'm even perceiving the aroma through my phone. I just dey lick my phone screen. I swear you sabi cook.

Abeg give me egusi make I chop, then after eating, I will still eat the other egusi in between your legs.
Shebi na mummy GO you dey talk to like this

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by elijahkayode(m): 11:26am On Dec 04, 2022
#DJHOLYNIGERIA" PRESENTS TIMELESS HOLYMIXTAPE VOLUME 1

We cry Holy Holy holy is the Lord God Almighty
Hello My people this is your Favourite DJ DjholyNigeria and Am here on the beat right now and am giving you this timeless mixtape so you enjoy and worship the Lord cause the the Lord is Good and worthy to be praise
Peace out my people, myholypeople

Tracklist
#.1 You are holy Paul Enenche
#2. For your Name is Holy Paul Wilbur
#3. "Holy" Chidinma Nigeria

#4. Echo Holy Red Rock worship
#5. Holy Dunsin oyekan

#6. Revelation Song Mathew Smith
#7. Emi Mimo(Holy spirit) Mike Abdul
#8. Holy Anthem Frank Edward

#9. Holy/Mimo Shola Allyson
#10. Mimo Loluwa tope Alabi
#11. Holy Ghost Gabriel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ooezfAyrI

What's up my holypeople
This masterpiece is collated by #DjHolyNigeria
@DJholyNigeria I feel your vibes

All praise be to the holySpirit for guidance and inspiration and i hope
Everyone can listen and enjoy this special songs

You can follow me on Twitter.com/@DjHolyNigeria
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
Crumbian:

So I did a Google sear ;Dch and discovered that scent leaf is something I'm actually very familiar with. It grows at the back of our house every year. It's used by people around for medicinal purposes.

Scent pepper on the other hand is a little confusing. I may have seen it before.

grin

Scent leaf can be seen everywhere. We use to cut it like grass back then cos it was growing all over our house.

Yellow scent pepper is spicy and has a unique flavour it adds to any meal its prepared with.
You can get it in any market especially where Igbo women sell.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by ariesbull: 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
BanyXchi:
Delusional Ipob terrorist.
delusional is a afonja barawo
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by culf: 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2022
I'm soo much bookmarking this thread, am so trying this out, I pray it comes out fine.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
YoungDaNaval:
Ofe egusi with scent leaf? Ewwww! Can't imagine

A trial will convince you. Add a little scent leaf to test try.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
jelel6:
Looks really good. I reckon it'll taste even better.

I guess the scent leaves has to be added in small quantity because it has such a strong aroma that it might put people off.

I'll try this but without the scent leaves. My major problem is usually gathering all the ingredients - just hate the markets nowadays.

A little scent leaves will just be fine. You can use a blend of scent leaves with Ugu leaves or Uziza leaves. They are all amazing.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2022
Richy4:
I like Egwusi soup, but the thing no like me at all... That soup, no matter who cookAm,..I will always visit the toilet in few minutes...I have tried to unfriend the soup long time ago but the throat no just allow me..,If I remember the taste, it's usual contents in the soup, I no just fit.. Egwusi weakness I guess embarassed

Try to cook it by yourself and check where the stomach upset comes from.
Egwusi once added to the pot must be cooked for not less than 25 minutes depending on the quantity being cooked.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
fantastic1:
I just want you to know I’m your biggest fan here. All of your recipe I tried was a banger back to back.
Keep doing what you do.

Wow! Thank you for your feedback.
It's so encouraging.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Kvngkester:

As in the attention of Interpol too
For this economy ���

Aah, for a pot of Egusi soup?
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
Probz:

(As far as I know) she’s a married woman, you silly little boy. How dare you. How bloody dare you.

Get your tapped self out of here and go flirt with someone who’s actually on your jobless level.

His audacity is baffling.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
Probz:

I’ve actually often thought about it but seeing this recipe more-or-less confirms that it would hit right. I don’t think many people realise exactly how beneficial Igbo nchuanwu (effirin to the Yoruba, not that Yoruba people generally seem to know what to do with most greens) is. It’s a game-changer for so many foods. When my mum introduced me to it (a long time ago) I knew it was a vegetable that would probably increase my lifespan.

My mother cooked most of her Egusi soups with Nchuanwu (scent leaf) and it was everything delicious.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
culf:
I'm soo much bookmarking this thread, am so trying this out, I pray it comes out fine.

It will, just follow the procedure and you will enjoy it.
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Richy4(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Try to cook it by yourself and check where the stomach upset comes from.
Egwusi once added to the pot must be cooked for not less than 25 minutes depending on the quantity being cooked.
I will try it myself again.. I used to know my way around the kitchen until I got lazy... Thanks by the way..

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by culf: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by culf: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Kvngkester(m): 7:16am On Dec 05, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Aah, for a pot of Egusi soup?
The Pot of egusi soup value is a national threat and Climate change issue lolz...
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2022
Kvngkester:

The Pot of egusi soup value is a national threat and Climate change issue lolz...

Hahahhaahhaaaa
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Probz(m): 12:37am On Dec 07, 2022
Listen, can one add okazi and uziza to this particular variant of egusi?
Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by Probz(m): 12:40am On Dec 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

His audacity is baffling.

I’ve literally just got back from a bizarre three-day ban for simply speaking the truth about something (you can’t make it up) so I’ve got to watch what I say about some of the people we have roaming this forum but I absolutely agree. I don’t know who dey-dash him such audacity but I’m just going to try and believe that he didn’t know you were married with kids.

In the meantime I guess I’ve got a metaphorical Ghana-must-go bag full of chin-chin and other December staples to unpack on here if I want to make it to Christmas without another pointless, random ban.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2022
Probz:

I’ve literally just got back from a bizarre three-day ban for simply speaking the truth about something (you can’t make it up) so I’ve got to watch what I say about some of the people we have roaming this forum but I absolutely agree. I don’t know who dey-dash him such audacity but I’m just going to try and believe that he didn’t know you were married with kids.

In the meantime I guess I’ve got a metaphorical Ghana-must-go bag full of chin-chin and other December staples to unpack on here if I want to make it to Christmas without another pointless, random ban.

I think the spam bot ban has happened to most people without cause.

I was banned too for 3 days sometime ago.
I figured out that the frequency with which I responded to people in the food section made the spam bot think am a robot grin

Your chin chin is almost ready cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) / Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.