Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1510 Views)

Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? / Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only) / Video Recording With 2 JW Elders After WT Child Sexual Abuse Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by pinkylovely: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2022

5 Likes

Re: . by oteneaaron(m): 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2022
POMO here.

I am not in your shoes to say that I know exactly how you feel, but I have an idea how difficult it is, going through the motions when your heart and mind isn't there anymore.

For me, it got to a point that when I was in the Kingdom Hall, I stopped using the new world translation and sometimes, I was reading something completely different from what was discussed during the meeting.

Keep your mind strong and don't let anybody intimidate you.

You have found out the truth about the truth and that should be your greatest joy.

The fact that you're a PIMO simply means that you're open minded - keep it up and keep training your mind...

Hopefully, soon you'll become independent so that you can make your own choices without any external influence.

Cheers mate!

5 Likes

Re: . by pinkylovely: 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2022

3 Likes

Re: . by oteneaaron(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
pinkylovely:

Quite happy to read through this! I'm at that phase where I no longer use the NWT Bible at the kingdom hall anymore. I still listen and follow up with the watchtower study articles though.

I can imagine.

Take it nice and slow.

Have you read this book by former governing body member Raymond Franz titled - Crisis Of Conscience?

If you haven't, it is a must read.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. Really. If you don't mind, I'll love to reach out to you.

Sure thing

Send me a PM and I'll respond via mail.

Cheers!
Re: . by pinkylovely: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
I haven't. It's a book I've always wanted to read. Once had a PDF file of it but for some reason, can't find it any more.

Alright. Will definitely send you a message via email
Re: . by oteneaaron(m): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
pinkylovely:
I haven't. It's a book I've always wanted to read. Once had a PDF file of it but for some reason, can't find it any more.

Alright. Will definitely send you a message via email

Very well, I got you.

Here is a link to download the pdf copy of the book - http://library.lol/main/B5EA130B740024C21355028C996567A5

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: . by Courz: 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
pinkylovely:
To start with, I'm aware that this will spark some negative reactions from JW PIMIs but please if you are a strong member of the JW denomination, avoid being part of this discussion.

Just in case you are wondering, PIMO is an abbreviation for Physically In Mentally Out. At this point in my life, I've realized a lot of wrongs about the JW denomination and their belief system. From the criticisms with going for higher forms of education, the kicking against blood transfusion (but accpetance of blood fractions�), the idea that the GB are meant to 'control' us since they are the only channel in which God passes through, the outright discrimination against other denominations with the belief that they all are destined for destruction, down to the disfellowship arrangement for people who question the belief system! All of these makes me see that a lot about the denominational belief system is faulty.

But as most PIMOs, I am at this point FORCED to keep being part of the JW denomination especially because I'm not completely independent at the moment. It has been a battle. I have been HEAVILY criticized for voicing out what has been weighing my heart all these while.

And as a human, chances are, I feel down sometimes. I'm just looking to reach out to any other PIMOs here. Thanks for reading up to this point.

I am POMO. First of all, Congratulations on knowing The Truth about 'The Truth'. Your eyes are now open and trust me, there is a deep rabbit hole to go through as you continue to research this Cult. Don't stop researching. You will be amazed at what you will find. You have seen why JWs are always accused of twisting the Bible and turning it upside down. When I Was still in, I never understood that accusation. But when I woke up, all the scales fell from my eyes and I began to see everything clearly. I myself have stopped using the NWT and ever since I did that, the Bible began to make more sense to me as long as I maintained reading the Bible alone.

It is not easy to be a PIMO in this Cult. It is like living a double life. And I have seen many JWs in this situation. Some only attend conventions or Memorial and after that you won't see them again. But it is part of the reasons why JWs are regarded as a Cult. Leaving isn't easy when your whole family is PIMI and when you still are dependent. Leaving is easier once you change location and become independent. Some change congregation and fade away to oblivion.

One advice I would give to you is, I know how much you really want to express your thoughts and findings you must have made about the religion. But try as much as you can to avoid discussing your doubts with PIMIS. It never ends well and will bring undue attention and pressure onto you that will affect you psychologically. The word 'Apostate' will be flying around you and the Elders will have to keep an eye on you. See? This is why JW is a Cult. If you need an avenue to vent, you could go to ExJw reddit. There are many PIMOS there. Here in Nairaland, there are posts made where you are free to discuss with people like us. PIMOs that eventually became POMOs had to do it the slow and steady way. Although, there are some bold people out there who just leave without a word. Depending on your circumstances, play along but make sure you do it to the barest minimum.

How active are you? Do you still report for field service?

4 Likes

Re: . by pinkylovely: 6:21am On Dec 05, 2022
Courz:

I am POMO. First of all, Congratulations on knowing The Truth about 'The Truth'. Your eyes are now open and trust me, there is a deep rabbit hole to go through as you continue to research this Cult. Don't stop researching. You will be amazed at what you will find. You have seen why JWs are always accused of twisting the Bible and turning it upside down. When I Was still in, I never understood that accusation. But when I woke up, all the scales fell from my eyes and I began to see everything clearly. I myself have stopped using the NWT and ever since I did that, the Bible began to make more sense to me as long as I maintained reading the Bible alone.

It is not easy to be a PIMO in this Cult. It is like living a double life. And I have seen many JWs in this situation. Some only attend conventions or Memorial and after that you won't see them again. But it is part of the reasons why JWs are regarded as a Cult. Leaving isn't easy when your whole family is PIMI and when you still are dependent. Leaving is easier once you change location and become independent. Some change congregation and fade away to oblivion.

One advice I would give to you is, I know how much you really want to express your thoughts and findings you must have made about the religion. But try as much as you can to avoid discussing your doubts with PIMIS. It never ends well and will bring undue attention and pressure onto you that will affect you psychologically. The word 'Apostate' will be flying around you and the Elders will have to keep an eye on you. See? This is why JW is a Cult. If you need an avenue to vent, you could go to ExJw reddit. There are many PIMOS there. Here in Nairaland, there are posts made where you are free to discuss with people like us. PIMOs that eventually became POMOs had to do it the slow and steady way. Although, there are some bold people out there who just leave without a word. Depending on your circumstances, play along but make sure you do it to the barest minimum.

How active are you? Do you still report for field service?

Exactly. I agree to all you've said. Can't wait to be physically out because it's emotionally draining already. Well, I still attend the meetings regularly when I visit home. I still report for field service as well. But I barely go out for the field service organized by the congregation.

2 Likes

Re: . by Templee333(m): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2022
pinkylovely:

Exactly. I agree to all you've said. Can't wait to be physically out because it's emotionally draining already. Well, I still attend the meetings regularly when I visit home. I still report for field service as well. But I barely go out for the field service organized by the congregation.
whatever decision you'll make,just make sure you do what is ok 4 u.Depending on the environment you live and the people around u, being an ex-jw has its own challenges too.

3 Likes

Re: . by Courz: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2022
pinkylovely:

At the bolded, Very good. You cannot be awake and do the bolded. It will affect you psychologically. Keep at it. Don't worry, It will pass. You just need a thick skin. And remember, the only power they have over you is the one you give to them. Take away that power by researching the Cult. Do a very deep research.

3 Likes

Re: . by pinkylovely: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2022
Courz:

At the bolded, Very good. You cannot be awake and do the bolded. It will affect you psychologically. Keep at it. Don't worry, It will pass. You just need a thick skin. And remember, the only power they have over you is the one you give to them. Take away that power by researching the Cult. Do a very deep research.

Thanks so much. Sincerely appreciated. God will see me through.

3 Likes

Re: . by Courz: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2022
pinkylovely:

Thanks so much. Sincerely appreciated. God will see me through.

He will. He never fails. smiley

How long have you been PIMO? The Pandemic has woken up a lot of JWs.

3 Likes

Re: . by pinkylovely: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2022
Courz:

Maybe up to 3 years, I believe. But it had really been a gradual process. And yes, you are right about the pandemic-ish.

3 Likes

Re: . by Courz: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2022
pinkylovely:

Maybe up to 3 years, I believe. But it had really been a gradual process. And yes, you are right about the pandemic-ish.

It is gradual indeed. Mine started that way but I was hopping from PIMI to PIMQ interchangeably since my teens. Even while I was a Teenager, a lot of things didn't make sense to me. I pushed my doubts aside for years until I heard about the Child Sexual Abuse cases which gave me the courage to research this Cult and here I am now, a proud Whistle blower. grin grin

Once again, welcome and feel free to share your thoughts with us whenever a topic presents the opportunity. smiley

1 Like

Re: . by Bondatt: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2022
POMO here.

Executed my fade recently. I wish you well as you try to escape the Organization.

Feel free to reach quote this comment and reach out if you ever need to talk.

Are you M or F?

4 Likes

Re: . by pinkylovely: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2022
Bondatt:
POMO here.

Executed my fade recently. I wish you well as you try to escape the Organization.

Feel free to reach quote this comment and reach out if you ever need to talk.

Are you M or F?

Hi!! smiley smiley. How's it been so far being a POMO? Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I'm a female. I'll definitely reach out to you soon.
Re: . by reubenobi(m): 8:51am On Dec 06, 2022
It is well.. may GOD see you all through. I have a good friend who is a Jehovah Witness, i just hope that GOD opens his eyes.

2 Likes

Re: . by Bondatt: 9:40am On Dec 06, 2022
pinkylovely:

Hi!! smiley smiley. How's it been so far being a POMO? Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I'm a female. I'll definitely reach out to you soon.
Being POMO has it's challenges, but I wouldn't trade my freedom for the world.

I planned my steps of action; Made sure i had my finances in order.

It's not easy replacing the social network lost, especially since only exjws can truly understand what you went through and most of my new social network are not exjws. But there's progress there too.

In all ramifications I'm doing better as a person: better financially, better emotionally (no more heart palpitations and panic attacks caused by Fear, Obligation and Guilt), better physically.

I'll open up more to the specifics when you do reach out.

As to your situation, patiently plan out your exit strategy. You have our support. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: . by Templee333(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2022
reubenobi:
It is well.. may GOD see you all through. I have a good friend who is a Jehovah Witness, i just hope that GOD opens his eyes.
at the same time he (your jw friend) is also praying that God opens ur eyes to understand their truth.that's how it goes.

4 Likes

Re: . by Bondatt: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2022
Templee333:
at the same time he (your jw friend) is also praying that God opens ur eyes to understand their truth.that's how it goes.
He thinks his JW friend is lost, his JW friend is convinced he is marked for Destruction. Funny world.

The JW Organization is false from its foundation to the top. Yet, this does not mean that the other Christian churches existing are any better.

It is important that people especially "concerned" folks like the you quoted learn that as exjws, we are not seeking sympathy or a pity party. We took a stand against falsehood even at the great cost it came.

We don't even want to start with the religion of the person you quoted. That is an entire seperate kettle of fish.

3 Likes

Re: . by Templee333(m): 10:54am On Dec 06, 2022
Bondatt:

He thinks his JW friend is lost, his JW friend is convinced he is marked for Destruction. Funny world.

The JW Organization is false from its foundation to the top. Yet, this does not mean that the other Christian churches existing are any better.

It is important that people especially "concerned" folks like the you quoted learn that as exjws, we are not seeking sympathy or a pity party. We took a stand against falsehood even at the great cost it came.

We don't even want to start with the religion of the person you quoted. That is an entire seperate kettle of fish.
you know, when i left the jw organization,every other religious group i met was trying to convince me that jw is wrong,as if they were the ones who led me out of the organization. i just wonder how long it will take humans to realize that going to church isn't the solution to real problems.

2 Likes

Re: . by Templee333(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2022
Courz:

some exjw groups i've found on facebook are often full of western people. I would like to know if any of you have found a group where exjw in Nigeria could mingle. it's clear to me that those jw who are unserious and non jw don't realy understand what it means to be a former jw.

1 Like

Re: . by Courz: 11:15am On Dec 06, 2022
Templee333:
some exjw groups i've found on facebook are often full of western people. I would like to know if any of you have found a group where exjw in Nigeria could mingle. it's clear to me that those jw who are unserious and non jw don't realy understand what it means to be a former jw.

You are right. The exjw groups are filled with foreigners but I have seen a couple of Nigerians in their midst as well commenting. I have also searched for Nigerian Exjw groups but I haven't seen any. I hope that somehow a group will be created in the future.

Unserious JWs are usually still drunk with the Watchtower cow dung. They are still indoctrinated. I keep saying it that only people Born into this religion truly understand it better than anyone. But it isn't a must that they must understand. What matters is recognising Bullshit and running for your life exactly as the Bible asked us to.

1 Like

Re: . by Courz: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2022
Bondatt:

At the bolded, Exactly! People believe just because you choose to leave JW, you must find another denomination to attend. There is no such thing in the Bible. Many denominations are a Mess and I choose to Worship God and follow Jesus from my house. There are non denominational churches as well. The Beauty about leaving JW is the freedom to choose. Following Christ in itself is Freedom. No load or burden.

After reading the Bible alone, I realised denomination isn't a must. As a Christian, your focus should only be on God and Jesus.

As for leaving JW, the whole process shows it is nothing but a Cult. A Satanic one.

1 Like

Re: . by Janosky: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2022
reubenobi:
When your 3 deities could not open the eyes of your fellow Trinitarian worshippers that tithing is not scriptural and very unacceptable, you want your 3 deities to do what?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by Janosky: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
The thread where sifia pained WAILERS come and console themselves typing GIBBERISH. cheesy
Re: . by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
Janosky:
The thread where sifia pained WAILERS come and console themselves typing GIBBERISH. cheesy

pinkylovely:

if you are a strong member of the JW denomination, avoid being part of this discussion.

1 Like

Re: . by Aemmyjah(m): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
Janosky, you better leave this group for them
Laugh wan nearly kill me

Max, laugh wan nearly kill me
They say there are happy and have found me but claim they are looking for a group to identify with around them

Courz that has been shouting has no organization... Did one is hoping to find a brotherhood of such ones in Nigeria called exjws so they can console themselves with ranting.

Like a lion looking for an cave in a tree to live

So Mr Courz is to hoping to find his organization online

What a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Courz: 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:
I am not having rest from my precious Masonic Cult being exposed left right and center. Watchtower warned me to stay away from Apostates but I just can't listen to them.
Watchtower has washed my brain with Bleach. There is nothing in there except fantasies of Watchtower like this last Sunday Watchtower study.

You claim you can't use the actions of the few to judge a whole people but you JWs have already been taught to judge everyone that is not JW. You teach that they will be destroyed at Armaggedon. You call them Worldlies. You claim to be better than them when you equally sin like them. You also judge them because they don't share your beliefs even though you can find good and decent people amongst them. You are Hypocrites!

You claim you JWs are not focused on Money yet your Governing body in your broadcasts are always begging for Money. Your congregations are always having deficit to pay Watchtower. You have monthly contributions per publisher to pay Watchtower as shown below. Conventions are big avenues for Watchtower to make money like a Bank. Money flows from you JWs to Watchtower, Not the other way around. Watchtower cannot even think of giving to you JWs as a registered NGO. Charles Taze Russell said Watchtower was formed to be a Business NOT a Religion as shown in the pics below. Aemmyjah, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is a Business, a Book publishing company that is also a Real Estate company with their huge portfolio of buildings and Kingdom halls they sell off. and you are here talking nonsense! Watchtower even print Bibles for other denominations for profit as a Book Publishing business. Watchtower is obviously pulling a Scam on all you JWs. They lied to you that they are God's spokesmen yet They are a Business! Wonderful scam! And guess who takes all the money and donations you give to Watchtower? Your Freemason JWs aka Anointed! They are the Shareholders! So, you JWs are working for a Business Corporation for free, building structures for free and giving all your money and time to make a few special people rich. Sorry that you all fell for the scam!

Who told you the Good news hasn't already been preached worldwide before you JWs came into existence? You guys only popped up in the 1800s. Everyone knew about God and Jesus before your Freemason god Charles Taze Russell formed Watchtower. You JWs are not the only ones who preach outside. So, shove your boastings into your throat and save it. Nobody is buying your nonsense boasts else you won't be loosing members everywhere and people won't be rejecting you when you preach. Nobody cares about what you have achieved. Nobody cares about your stupid boring convention dramas. People care about your Satanic nature. For you to have a high rejection rate when you preach shows there is something wrong with you JWs. Even JWs are rejecting you. Wow! If you like, boast from now till thy Kingdom come, people will continue to reject you because You are a Satanic Cult.

You JWs are obsessed with asking people for their denominations so that you can have what to base your arguments on. It won't work. Christians have their allegiance to Jesus and Almighty God only regardless of denomination. We are not obsessed with Denomination. You JWs are obsessed with denomination and have uplifted your denomination to a Godlike status. You JWs worship your denomination Not Almighty God. Obsession with denomination is Idolatry. Your Watchtower even said so in your publication that Placing Salvation on an organisation is Idolatry and that's exactly what they teach you in that Cult. So you JWs being obsessed with denomination are practising Idolatry. Your focus should be on Jesus and Almighty God NOT denomination. This shows how little you know about your Bible and the lack of understanding of The discussion between Jesus and the Samaritan woman. Go and read those verses and get knowledge. You JWs are very backward in Bible Knowledge.

Aemmyjah, you JWs are practising Idolatry without even knowing it.

Re: . by missidy: 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
Pinkylovely When you finally leave, please don't just start going to any church. Tell God to direct you to a Bible believing church that will give you fulfilment. He will direct you. Take some time off to pray so that you don't end up moving from church to church.
Re: . by Templee333(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:
Janosky, you better leave this group for them
Laugh wan nearly kill me

Max, laugh wan nearly kill me
They say there are happy and have found me but claim they are looking for a group to identify with around them

Courz that has been shouting has no organization... Did one is hoping to find a brotherhood of such ones in Nigeria called exjws so they can console themselves with ranting.

Like a lion looking for an cave in a tree to live

So Mr Courz is to hoping to find his organization online

What a shame
no my dear u don't understand,anyone (including u) can leave the jw religion when its ur time,it is possible. it is what will happen whenever u are ready to stop pretending and asuming that u know the whole truth. I take it kindly with u guys sometimes because i was once in ur shoes. But to be honest, the level of absurdity of ur organization stings to outsiders. No offence intended, I love u all brainwashed kids,if there's a way to help u out i would

2 Likes

Re: . by Aemmyjah(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2022
Templee333:
no my dear u don't understand,anyone (including u) can leave the jw religion when its ur time,it is possible. it is what will happen whenever u are ready to stop pretending and asuming that u know the whole truth. I take it kindly with u guys sometimes because i was once in ur shoes. But to be honest, the level of absurdity of ur organization stings to outsiders. No offence intended, I love u all brainwashed kids,if there's a way to help u out i would

1 You were once in my shoes...
2 You love me
3 You'd have helped me out if you would
4 The organization is absurd to outsiders

The same you that was asking me basic questions we answer people in the ministry about God and suffering. If not for the insight of my dear brother Max, I would have wasted precious time. Maybe if I should leave, I will start to ask people what God name is and what the future holds

1. You were never in my shoes, you and I can't be in the same shoes. My shoe size no be your shoe size so de mind the kind thing wey u de talk
2. You only love yourself and not me
3. There's no help I need from you and there's no help you can help me. A man that has relocated to a ghetto cannot help someone living in the white house
4. Attendance is now increasing, Bible studies have skyrocketed
and people, since we resumed public ministry are begging us to come study with them or their children but we have never been pleasing or try to be pleasing to the outsiders. Ancient Israel was surrounded with enemy nations and when they tried to be 'pleasing to those outsiders', they lost JEHOVAH'S favor and he sold them to the enemies. Jesus christ was not even pleasing to the Jews in his time. He was without honor in his hometown and he was killed. The first century Christians were a stench to both Jews and Greeks. Noah was also absurd cos he was righteous (NOT FROM HUMAN STANDPOINT) but in JEHOVAH'S eyes. How they must have laughed at this seeming old fool spending several years in building a wooden ark and preaching when there had never been a drop of rain, how much more a global flood. We are not Community Witnesses or Traditional Witnesses. We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. Anyone who is stung cos we seem absurd to them is not our concern. Our aim is to be pleasing to our loving father, Jehovah and not our neighbors

I'd rather pray to die right now than to spend a million years without my Jehovah

Besides, I am not pretending. Where in my quotes have you sense any form of pretense.

You're just not happy, that is it. You no longer serve the happy God and you think you'll be happy. Happy is the nation whose God is Jehovah. Those who feel they can leave such group cannot find the happiness, only torment...
Keep finding exjws on facebook na for comfort, love, brotherhood, shepherding and encouragement as you see the DAY DRAWING NEAR. Day of judgement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE CALL CHRISTAIN? / Help! I Wish To Know If Trully Homosexuality Is A Sin / Dcicons:dominion City's Youths Social Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.