Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* (1247 Views)

Kwankwaso & Tinubu Will Struggle For 3rd Position. Fulani & Nyamiri 1st And 2nd / How Can Me An Aboki Vote Peter Obi Nyamiri / Does The North Really Want Igbos (Nyamiri) To Join #NorthIsBleeding Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by Arda1000(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2022
kettykin:

So before the war , what did the Hausa call igbo
did you read the it understanding or did skip d reading?
Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by Arda1000(m): 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
asanausana91:
are wrong. It was after the war, the igbos were begging the Nigerian soldiers for water
there’s was no historical evidence of that happening Biafran even rejected food supplies by the Nigerian government as far as history is concerned
Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by Arda1000(m): 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2022
GeneralPula:
Fake news..
then go ask older ones who have lived in the north before the war
Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by sunboy(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
HenryWilliams:
The Hausa observed the eating habits of the igbos . Eating heavy food like akpu and such with little water taken during meals..

This is what the Yoruba mean by “Ajokuta mamumi “ one that eats (heavy food) stone without water.

Every tribe also call Hausa people mallam or aboki but Mallam = teacher, Aboki = my friend.
Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by sunboy(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2022
illicit:

Yeah sure
Its actually a compliment and not meant to be derogatory in any form

Another appellation is "Omo Nna"
Nna's child
I can't explain this

For the “Omo nna” since Ibo folks call them selves Nna men when having a conversation, we pick it up and call them Omo nna… there’s nothing derogatory about that too for sure.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by BanyXchi: 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2022
Arda1000:
look at an average Igbo man even Igbo women to an extent they are of different stock, they have more muscle mass than let’s Hausa or Yoruba, Hausas tend to be lanky and skinny while Yoruba tends to be boggy and huge but lacks fiber and muscle,being big isn’t good enough when you don’t have muscles and it all comes down to their indigenous diets..
Sorry I know it hurts u to accept the truth but that’s the truth.
you are very delusional, you just wrote a whole bunch of nonsense.
Re: The Origin Of The Word *nyamiri* by Arda1000(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2022
BanyXchi:
you are very delusional, you just wrote a whole bunch of nonsense.
yes truth sounds like that when it’s truth grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Igbo Want President They Should Support Tinubu / My Neutral And Unbiased Analysis Of The Alleged Audio / If Religion Is Not Important, Why Didn't Tinubu Choose A Christian Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.