Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question (1455 Views)

Ladies... Maybe You Need To Pick Just One (photo) / An Open Letter To Emeka My Ex Boyfriend / If You Were To Date Any One On Nairaland Who Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by Lacrissa: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
For example, if you are to go study abroad and choose between the UK where you've always wanted to go to see a different side, meet new people or the US where you have your love/sweetheart, which would you choose and why?

It is just an open question for opinions. Thanks
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by pendo89(f): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
grin grin
my dear this question of yours is funny but this is what grin

In Uk I get 2 things ie new (cold) people and see the different side(boring)
In US I get 3 things ie new(crazy)people,see the different side(variety) and see my sweetheart.
So which one wins? the US of course cz that's where the other half of my heart is.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lacrissa:

For example, if you are to go study abroad and choose between the UK where you've always wanted to go to see a different side, meet new people or the US where you have your love/sweetheart, which would you choose and why?

It is just an open question for opinions. Thanks

If i were i will go to US purely cos of ur gf.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
pendo89:

grin grin
my dear this question of yours is funny but this is what grin

In Uk I get 2 things ie new (cold) people and see the different side(boring)
In US I get 3 things ie new(crazy)people,see the different side(variety) and see my sweetheart.
So which one wins? the US of course cz that's where the other half of my heart is.

No cold in US?
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
Japan (before the earthquake)
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by Lacrissa: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

No cold in US?

I think she meant cold as in mean/wicked
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MsPotato(f): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
UK / US I dont see any difference really so for me I will choose my love and go to the US. I would rather try to work out my relationship as we are all not getting any younger and if you take too long, he might just run and find someone else. Love takes time and hard work. As for the UK, you both can go visit and take a short holiday or sumthin someday
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by pendo89(f): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

No cold in US?
I saw this coming grin

Lacrissa:

cool
Americans and Britons. I have my views on both. lipsrsealed
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lacrissa:

That is everywhere, if you are afraid of that then u will never live anywhere else.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by pendo89(f): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^ you choose the lesser evil.
I love applying probability everywhere.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by Lacrissa: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

That is everywhere, if you are afraid of that then u will never live anywhere else.

I agree, was saying I think that's what Pendo meant when she said "cold"

Ms. Potato:

UK / US I dont see any difference really so for me I will choose my love and go to the US. I would rather try to work out my relationship as we are all not getting any younger and if you take too long, he might just run and find someone else. Love takes time and hard work. As for the UK, you both can go visit and take a short holiday or sumthin someday

That's right
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
pendo89:

^^ you choose the lesser evil.
I love applying probability everywhere.
There are more killings in US as its in the UK, i'm tempted to say. . its even worst in US considering their gun law.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lacrissa:

I agree, was saying I think that's what Pendo meant when she said "cold"

That's right

People in the UK are more open minded, US tend to know only about. . . US basically.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

People in the UK are more open minded, US tend to know only about. . . US basically.

That's for anyone who doesn't travel outside of their country/continent and educate themselves about cultural diversities without depending on CNN. 

I can say the same thing about Africa.  Lord knows!

America must be very open minded if they are helping everybody else but their own.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by pendo89(f): 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

There are more killings in US as its in the UK, i'm tempted to say. . its even worst in US considering their gun law.

Justwise you could be right.Don't forget the size of the country as well, so if you go adding up the number of killings per state,the total will surpass that of anywhere else.
What I mean is its very easy to chat up an american than a briton.
I find them too cautious,rigid and mean. I wont talk racism cz that is everywhere.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
pendo89:

Justwise you could be right.Don't forget the size of the country as well, so if you go adding up the number of killings per state,the total will surpass that of anywhere else.
I find them too cautious,rigid and mean. I wont talk racism cz that is everywhere.

There are equally amount of killing EVERYWHERE ELSE and the only reason why people know about the killings in America because it is OPEN AND TELEVISED. 

You won't see local media broadcasting Jungle Justice in Africa unless it is a local who videotaping with their phones/cameras. 

America population is bread crumbs compare to Nigeria.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

That's for anyone who doesn't travel outside of their country/continent and educate themselves about cultural diversities without depending on CNN.  

I can say the same thing about Africa.  Lord knows!

That is true and Americans travel less, Africans know more about America and the UK than those countries know about themselves cos we learn alot about foreign history in school and visit those countries than they do visit Africa.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
pendo89:

The other way round is the case with me, I don't see them as friendly as i see British pple, maybe younger generation Americans will change that.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by claremont(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

Very true! US is head and shoulders ahead of the UK in terms of violent crime, yet their police all carry guns as compared to the UK police!

@OP: If I were you, I will still choose US; but the difference between both of us is that I will be making my decision based on the availability of career opportunities, rather than making a life changing decision because of a girl friend.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

That is true and Americans travel less, Africans know more about America and the UK than those countries know about themselves cos we learn alot about foreign history in school and visit those countries than they do visit Africa.

Studying about America in a classroom and traveling to America are two DIFFERENT things.  There are Global studies in American universities as well as in grade schools.  Do not be fooled.  

The American embassies in other countries aren't there just to issue out traveling visas to those escaping their homeland but merely to advocate American tourists.  

Just because Americans aren't flooding Africa doesn't mean they do not travel elsewhere.  It also doesn't help when you have African embassies telling you it is not safe to travel because of wars and political corruptions.  

Again, you are forgetting the Americans that are doing Humanitarian work in other countries including Nigeria.  That's Americans traveling more.   wink
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by pendo89(f): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

The other way round is the case with me, I don't see them as friendly as i see British pple, maybe younger generation Americans will change that.

Really? interesting.Well am talking out of experience.A briton will put a fake smile.
I dont know but they radiate some coldness.The other fellows are just there.
Infact they can go out of their schedule to do something for you.But not the briton.
rigid is their middle name.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
pendo89:

Really? interesting.Well am talking out of experience.A briton will put a fake smile.
I dont know but they radiate some coldness.The other fellows are just there.
Infact they can go out of their schedule to do something for you.But not the briton.
rigid is their middle name.

He knows Brits are less open minded and expressive than Americans.  He is pulling your legs. 

One thing I can say about America though at least we have a Black President and can move up the corporate ladder compared to UK.

Speaking of killings and violence, a bomb exploded in Abuja.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by pendo89(f): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
undecided
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

He knows Brits are less open minded and expressive than Americans. He is pulling your legs. 

One thing I can say about America though at least we have a Black President and can move up the corporate ladder compared to UK.

Speaking of killings and violence, a bomb exploded in Abuja.

Actually you are. . . wrong, grin grin Americans doesn't do it for me, you got to worry for a country that produced the likes of Sarah Palin who thinks she can see Russia from her bedroom and thinks that Africa is a country. grin grin
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

Actually you are. . . wrong, grin grin Americans doesn't do it for me, you got to worry for a country that produced the likes of Sarah Palin who thinks she can see Russia from her bedroom and thinks that Africa is a country. grin grin

You like UK and that's okay. No tears shed.

What's worse in your opinion, a redneck white American woman who isn't well traveled thinking Africa is a country or a Nigerian man thinking Cubans aren't hispanic and DC has the largest HIV/AIDS infections in the world? undecided
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by Russialane(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
these two countries are over rated their time is up africa is the new underdog grin
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You like UK and that's okay.  No tears shed.  

What's worse in your opinion,  a redneck white American woman who isn't well traveled thinking Africa is a country or a Nigerian man thinking Cubans aren't hispanic and DC has the largest HIV/AIDS infections in the world?   undecided

That is worse considering her position, she policies could be dangerous. . .Tea Party for example. . . what unknown Nigerian thinks doesn't matter.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by BABE3: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

justwise:

Uncle Wise, are you among of my mind? lol. Chei! You spoke my mind. Americans (generally speaking) are very funny peoples.

@ OP: So you're trying to choose between your Sweerat and studying abroad/Meeting diff. people---?. Well, the choice is yours. Draw your scale of prefrence and choose which is more important to you.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

That is worse considering her position, she policies could be dangerous. . .Tea Party for example. . . what unknown Nigerian thinks doesn't matter.

A fool is a fool is a fool position or not.  There are dumb politicians everywhere included Nigeria and UK. 

God help us!  They think Sarah Palin is the epitome of America.  We are doomed. 

By the way, Sarah Palin isn't even in the running so she doesn't count. Any other politicians?
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2011
BABE!:

Uncle Wise, are you among of my mind? lol. Chei! You spoke my mind. Americans (generally speaking) are very funny peoples.

@ OP: So you're trying to choose between your Sweerat and studying abroad/Meeting diff. people---?. Well, the choice is yours. Draw your scale of prefrence and choose which is more important to you.

grin grin grin na true now.
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

A fool is a fool is a fool position or not.  There are dumb politicians everywhere included Nigeria and UK.

God help us!  They think Sarah Palin is the epitome of America.  We are doomed. 

By the way, Sarah Palin isn't even in the running so she doesn't count. Any other politicians?

That is true though we seems to have more of them in America.

Sarah Palin maybe not be running but the damage is done already by the Tea Party members elected. Bunch of pple going into politice just to say NO to everything and to bring down white house
Re: People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question by MrsChima(f): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
justwise:

That is true though we seems to have more of them in America.

You surveyed all politicians huh? Where is your source? Assumptions aren't facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happens / Answer This / Should She Leave Or Stay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.