Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,696 members, 7,813,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku (26190 Views)

I’m Not Tinubu’s Campaign DG, Says El-rufai / We, Not FG, Developed Ebonyi – Umahi / Odumakin: Money Generated By Lagos Not Reflecting In The Lives Of Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by jcross19: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Go and learn the difference between Lagos State and Federal territory of Lagos, so you will cure yourself from this ignorance y
can you now see the meaning of blabulubalalala....state of Lagos and federal capital of Lagos... Oh I see . one day another fool will claim that he built abuja..
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Dreamhighnow(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:
FG didn't develop Lagos State.

Asiwaju and his boys have made Lagos the 5th largest economy in Africa.

FG also built roads and bridges in Adamawa,Abuja, Anambra, Oyo, Enugu,Rivers State, Borno, Kaduna and the rest of the states in Nigeria.

If not for Asiwaju and his boys, Abuja go don dust lagos, and Lagos would have been a dead city like Warri.

Warri suppose to dey contest with Ikeja, Yaba and Lekki if toh say leaders with vision like Tinubu ruled the state, Tinubu would have made the City of Warri better than Accra, Ghana and people like Atiku would have tell us is the FG that develop it.

I wander why Atiku didn't tell us why Warri can't compete with the likes of Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna and PH again, the PDP government in Delta State have ruin the city of Warri

No one is condemning the PDP Governors who have ruled Delta State for turning Warri to a dead city, but una go dey cry about Asiwaju who have elevated Lagos State to the 5th largest economy position in Africa.

Atiku have nothing to campaign with.

Lagos has been the commercial center for the most populous black nation on earth
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by AlphaTaikun: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:

FG also built roads and bridges in Adamawa,Abuja, Anambra, Oyo, Enugu,Rivers State, Borno, Kaduna and the rest of the states in Nigeria.

If not for Asiwaju and his boys, Abuja go don dust lagos, and Lagos would have been a dead city like Warri.

Warri suppose to dey contest with Ikeja, Yaba and Lekki if toh say leaders with vision like Tinubu ruled the state, Tinubu would have made the City of Warri better than Accra, Ghana and people like Atiku would have tell us is the FG that develop it.

I wander why Atiku didn't tell us why Warri can't compete with the likes of Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna and PH again, the PDP government in Delta State have ruin the city of Warri

No one is condemning the PDP Governors who have ruled Delta State for turning Warri to a dead city, but una go dey cry about Asiwaju who have elevated Lagos State to the 5th largest economy position in Africa.

@Parachoko,

Word!

Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN rapidly industrialised the Old Western region in the 1950s with the establishment of Ikeja GRA and several industrial estates such as Ikeja, Ilupeju, Iganmu [Ikeja, Ilupeju, Iganmu... and over 90% of today's Lagos State land mass was carved out from Awolowo's Western Region, in the May 27, 1967, 12 new states creation by Gen. Yakubu Gowon into the new Lagos State].

Oluyole industrial estate in Ibadan was also among Premier Obafemi Awolowo's legacies, which the Old Eastern and Northern regions copied in the 1950s to the 1960s in a healthy competition to form the Trans-Amadi and Kakuri industrial estates in Port Harcourt and
Kaduna.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Parachoko: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
jcross19:
can you now see the meaning of blabulubalalala....state of Lagos and federal capital of Lagos... Oh I see . one day another fool will claim that he built abuja..
So a fool like you does not know it was under IBB and Abacha Abuja started witnessing development? Or you thought it was angel from heaven that came down to develop it?

Clown grin
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by dododawa1: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
YORUBAS developed LAGOS and others southwest states,ONE tribe trying to SPOIL them,obatala,Ogun and sango will strike them alllllllllllllllll.

2 Likes

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by blueAgent(m): 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
Viraltrends123:
But you couldnt build Abuja, Abuja was a mess 10 to 20 years agos, and its still a mess sef

Even your boss , Obasanjo, Acknowledges what Tinubu is doing in lagos in 2003, watch the video in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/7342241/throwback-video-obasanjo-appreciating-tinubus

after acknowledging Tinubu in the old video, he then further said now that we see what Tinubu is doing, we will replicate his good work at federal level.

Have you ever seen a president saying he will replicate a governors good work at federal level.

Atiku shouldn't even be talking for the things we know him for, just that Nigerians do forget things easily.

The only presidential candidate that should be countering Tinubu is Kwankwaso and Obi.

If Atiku is wise he should get his team closer, from Kwankwaso, to Obi to Wike, he will beat Tinubu hands down. This people need thinkers around them and thats the number one problem. They are only interested in powerful and rich people.

E pain u die grin

Anybody with functioning brain knows that Tinupoo did nothing in Lagos.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by uniquetechng: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
Petie33:

Hahaha how you use your keyboard
I state out facts , I don't indulge in tribal bigotry because at my age I should be productive with my time, even my 24 years old son wont be stupi dvto defend crooked politicians who are the same people that has made the nation what it is today.
I am more Lagosian than many of you because my 6th generation were born here down to my own parents who were born around Cardoso at Ijora.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by jcross19: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:
So a fool like you does not know it was under IBB and Abacha Abuja started witnessing development? Or you thought it was angel from heaven that came down to develop it?

Clown grin
you are a fool!! That money came from abuja right? And the money used to developed Lagos state during the military regime as federal capital came from where sir? You are fool and buffoon!!
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Parachoko: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
jcross19:
you are a fool!! That money came from abuja right? And the money used to developed Lagos state during the military regime as federal capital came from where sir? You are fool and buffoon!!
You're extremely dumb grin

Make i com down to your level, nah oil money develop Abuja and Nigeria.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Bluntemperor: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:

Or you mean,Atiku has nothing for those in the sun listening to him yesterday and unfortunately,he couldn't confront the Truth of his life!
-Atiku was a Custom Officer in Lagos,yet till today,that Office, as Director General,is still occupied by the North!
- All the PDP Offices are being shared and Ayu on the NBILLION in which Govnr Wike said was given to him,no one is talking about this monumental Corruption in PDP!
- Atiku made a U- turn on the agreement that this Presidency is for the Southerners affairs,he pretends as if nothing is happening!
- Atiku insulted our collective reasoning by saying ' the Southerners Votes are not needed' but he will protect the North! He should tell us how he wants to win without Southerners Voters!
- Atiku deleted Twitter on Deborah that was killed just to percify some interest!
Indeed,he just want to use money wrongly because he believes money can buy the Presidency!
Mind you,many good people of the North are not following Atiku because they know an injustice in PDP matters will not make Nigeria great!
Nonsense!
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by crackhouse(m): 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2022
Question should be "is Lagos developed"
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
Yorubas developed Lagos. Period
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by arantess: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
tuoyoojo:
This old lie of tinubu developing lagos must stop undecided

His supporters are quick to compare lagos with other states in terms of development despite all the FG did for lagos

Look at abuja that has been the capital for some years, can u compare lagos with abuja

But the time fashola wants to contest for president, l wonder which achievement he would use to campaign, seeing that the "answer question for me" master had allocated all the development to himself
its nauseating really
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by occfx: 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Nwadu:
The argument on who developed Lagos would make you think that Lagos is one Dubai in Nigeria..

A state that still has slums ghettos and trenches...

I was born in Lagos I still live in Lagos
Went for a childhood friend's wedding and I found out that I have aged more than all my friends...

Reason: Lagos is a hell of a State.. is it the heat the traffic or the fake lives .

Lagos mainly land is lacking oxygen. If oxygen is 21% other places, it's 15% in Lagos mainland. You will age quickly and will lack some nutrients due to excessive co2. Either move to the island were there is ocean breeze and see animals constantly replacing the depleted oxygen or run away from Lagos.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Richy4(m): 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
jcross19:

He isn't smart at all and those type are the ones that are always quick to call someone dumb just to cover their inadequacies
smiley
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by nedu666: 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Villa12:
Hahahahaha

A state which 1 LG can feed your poor barren region for life?

Lol

Yrt there are so many poor people in the LG. Maybe they should start the feeding from there
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:
The same thing I have been telling them here even some Yorubas who claim it is their development, it is like Gbagyi people laying claim to the development of Abuja after 77 years of been FCT of Nigeria just like Lagos, who does that.

Lagos belongs to Yorubas but the development belongs to all Tribe and Tinubu is the worst governor of Lagos since its creation
Development belongs to yorubas
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Oluwaiphee: 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
ClearFlair:
Obviously. Anyone who says Tinubu built Lagos is either a blatant liar or an ignorant person.
My brother, the latter is the case Sir.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Gingerbreadman2: 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2022
Villa12:
Chinedu

Why didn't FG develop other states like Lagos bikonu?

Kareemu be acting as if you don't know that Lagos was formerly capital of Nigeria
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by nedu666: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol
Tinubu governed Lagos for eight years and you attribute every thing happening after he left office to him because he chose the governors from those who worked with him
Meanwhile his commissioner for works whom he installed in Osun governed for eight years and handed over to his cousin, all on the party her founded and you say he never governed Osun.
Who is daft and dumb between you and I

Oga pity the mumu.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by chatinent: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
The way they boast about Lagos, one would thing it's Dubai. No bi Lagos wey bi like slum again? Abi we appreciate only urban slums?
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Villa12(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2022
Gingerbreadman2:

Kareemu be acting as if you don't know that Lagos was formerly capital of Nigeria
Chinedu is Lagos the only former capital state? Why are other former capital state not as developed as Lagos biko?
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Christistruth00: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2022
jamesversion:

The Seaports in Apapa and Airport in Ikeja was built by who, since you claim only Lagos Island was Capital?

I don't know why it's difficult to accept truth.

Lagos Island the FCT was already Overcrowded and had run out of Land

and the Colonial Government requested that the Western Region Colonial Governor

grant them Permission and. Land as a favour to build the Airport at Ikeja on Land from the Western Region under a British Governor

When Nigeria was shared into Regions in 1956 Lagos Airport became the Property of the Western Region but the Western Region
didn’t treat it as such it was still operated for the benefit of all Nigerians

Apapa Port was built in the 1920s from money that was generated in and belonged to Lagos ?

Were would the FG have placed the Port and Airport on the already overcrowded Lagos Island

Lagos is over 700 years old
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by statutory: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2022
Make una take this one relax jare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LckkM1PnGRI
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by jcross19: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:
You're extremely dumb grin

Make i com down to your level, nah oil money develop Abuja and Nigeria.
you are definition of balabulubalaala a typically urchin!!
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by MohSlayer: 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2022
Don’t mind the tinubu urchins. Some like Moh247 claim such, yet they don’t know Lagos has been developed since because it was once a Federal Capital. And they will still tell me they’re educated
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by MohSlayer: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:

Weldone! Weldone!!

No urchin work, no pay.... Lol. Poverty Na disease

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Elidrisy20: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2022
christistruth01:

Lagos Island was the Capital not Lagos State
anyone shaa
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by seunjungle1(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
All those roads in Eko and Ikeja were spring out from the ground right?
Somebody that doesn't have any good thing to campaign with he's trying hard to ridicule a presidential candidate that people can testify to the good work he did when he was a governor...

It was federal govt that brought high court to Lagos,
It was federal govt that change the face of Lagos from shanties to modern day Lagos,
It was federal govt that built those numerous flyover bridges we now see in Lagos,
It was federal govt that built trade fare zone
It was federal govt that brought Eko Atlantic city to Lagos.,...., if we should continue counting them..they are very plenty.

Atiku should campaign base on what he had done before not trying to any away
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Christistruth00: 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Elidrisy20:
anyone shaa

Lagos Island is less than 3% Of Lagos State

2 Likes

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by AlphaTaikun: 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
jcross19:
You are the one that is getting things mixed up. Tinubu NEVER said all that trash that you these guys are saying all over the place. I watched the video of his visit to the East of Nigeria, and he CLEARLY said in Yoruba: "BALA BALA, BALA BOLO", which MEANS "GIBBERISH" in Yoruba language, NOT the NONSENSE you people have been typing online that he said. I am embarassed at the complete LACK of truth and honesty among many of you. Somebody pointed out the full video here on NL of Tinubu's visit to the East of Nigeria and that is when I understood what Bola Tinubu said.

The administrative capital of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991 has NEVER been Lagos State. Lagos Island was the administrative capital NOT Lagos State! Lagos Island belongs to indigenes, just like Calabar [which was also the administrative capital of the British] has indigenes.

Lagos State only came into existence on May 27, 1967. The absence of DETAILED history classes is majorly responsible for you the younger generation mixing up Lagos Island [or Lagos for short] with Lagos State which are 2 completely different land masses or geo-political entities. Lagos Island is a city within Lagos State with Yoruba folks as the indigenes. The REAL indigenes of Lagos State are the Ijebu-Yorubas, Awori-Yorubas, Ogus, with Egba-Yoruba immigrant populations that came centuries back and have become indigenes.

Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN rapidly industrialised the Old Western region in the 1950s with the establishment of Ikeja GRA and several industrial estates such as Ikeja, Ilupeju, Iganmu [Ikeja, Ilupeju and MORE than 90% of today's Lagos State land mass was carved out from Awolowo's Western region, in the May 27, 1967, 12 new states creation by Gen. Yakubu Gowon into the new Lagos State].

Oluyole industrial estate in Ibadan was also among Premier Obafemi Awolowo's legacies, which the Old Eastern and Northern regions copied in the 1950s to the 1960s in a healthy competition to form the Trans-Amadi and Kakuri industrial estates in Port Harcourt and
Kaduna.

It is TIME for the Lagos State government to make it mandatory OR THROUGH persuation for all the media houses to have 5-10 minute slots to broadcast the TRUE history of how Lagos State came into existence on May 27, 1967, because a lot of ignorant people are confusing Lagos Island with Lagos State, and FALSELY claiming that the whole of Lagos State was the Federal Capital which is NOT! History must be taught in schools as well. It's getting annoying that we have to keep explaining these things to the younger generation and some older folks who DON'T READ history books!

Cc: Parachoko, Christistruth00, sukkot

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Christistruth00: 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
seunjungle1:
All those roads in Eko and Ikeja were spring out from the ground right?
Somebody that doesn't have any good thing to campaign with he's trying hard to ridicule a presidential candidate that people can testify to the good work he did when he was a governor...

It was federal govt that brought high court to Lagos,
It was federal govt that change the face of Lagos from shanties to modern day Lagos,
It was federal govt that built those numerous flyover bridges we now see in Lagos,
It was federal govt that built trade fare zone
It was federal govt that brought Eko Atlantic city to Lagos.,...., if we should continue counting them..they are very plenty.

Atiku should campaign base on what he had done before not trying to any away

You cannot claim the result of the Vision that Awolowo and his predecessors slaved and were jailed for
In those days all Major Highways And Bridges were built by the Nigerian Government Including the ones at Jebba, Onitsha.,Idah, Lokoja And Highways in every part of Nigeria

It was awolowo that built ikeja and it’s Surroundings out of a Thick jungle that was Swarming with Antelopes, Monkeys , Leopards, Gorillas And Elephants
Into the Commercial Capital of the Western Region , Under awolowo ikeja Division included all the Lagos Coast outside Lagos Island

The Dream that made Lagos into an Economic Power was awolowo’s Dream and in 1962 awolowo was Jailed for that Dream

.Below is the 1962 Map of Lagos

The dot at the bottom was where the Capital Was all the rest was under the Western Region

You can see that more than 97% of Today’s Lagos was in Awolowo’s Western Region

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Benin City For The APC Presidential Rally Scheduled For Thursday / Election Litigation: Can Peter Obi Again Alter Nigeria’s Election Calendar? / Troops Destroy Illegal Crude Oil Refineries & Kidnapers Camp In Niger Delta.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.