Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku (26230 Views)

I’m Not Tinubu’s Campaign DG, Says El-rufai / We, Not FG, Developed Ebonyi – Umahi / Odumakin: Money Generated By Lagos Not Reflecting In The Lives Of Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Mrtaye: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2022
Prometaho:
Why didn't same fg develop other part of Nigeria?
Attention was on Lagos as the federal capital then

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Elidrisy20: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2022
Everybody knows since the beginning of time,Lagos was developed by tinubu
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Taiw(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2022
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria had some point. I was already the most developed state in Nigeria before a Tinubu came in and before it was moved to Abuja. I grew up in Lagos and clearly remember how Lagos looked under Tinubu. It was a mess. Oshodi, Ketu/mile12, and obalende, including other areas were full of dirt. lagos under Tinubu was full of beggars, people with different diseases, and miscreants. The same Lagos had people stuffed in molues. same Lagos that had people killed by strayed bullets. it was chaotic under Tinubu. my uncle was shot in Lagos during his era. As a Lagos state teacher, my mom used to complain about his administration. The beach was smelling. Fashola came to cleanse Lagos. Fashola was the one who gave us a new Lagos. He brought in BRTs, chased away bikes, and different innovative solutions. Fashola built a legacy in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by onuman: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2022
Tinubu and Atiku - slug it out between yourselves.
Both of you conspired in 2014 to chase away a progressive govt.

APC and PDP are the same.

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Viraltrends123: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2022
EvangDrGeo:

Nice picture of Lagos water corporation you just posted.

But do you have tap water running into your house in that Lagos?

When will you have sense?

I do idiot, you think everywhere is like Anambra. Except in very localized areas far from where people stay, there are taps and tanks everywhere, majority are built by the state government. When something is good, say it's good,
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by 2016v2017: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2022
madapcmod:
Thieffnubu can only deceive those born in the 90s.

I was in Lagos when Thieeeefnubu was Governor and Akerele Bucknor was the deputy Governor.

The structures you have in marina were all there before he took over, the bridges the military built were there.

In fact Thieeeefnubu messed up Lagos under his watch, Obalende was a no go area, you jump molue while it's moving and the queue extended to ikoyi cemetery.

Oshodi was a den of thieves and criminals, on several occasions my Aunt gold earrings were snatched while in oshodi traffic from her ear.

Thieeeefnubu built no single bridge or fly over in Lagos. So what did he build?

APapa gridlock was hell under Thieeeefnubu. He could not maintain federal roads built in Lagos until Fashola came and started rehabilitating the roads and putting things in order.

Below are pictures of Lagos under Thieefnubu
I went to holidays in Lagos state in the 80s and lived there till 2007 before I japa, Lagos already has lots of federal government infrastructures .
Remember that Lagos was once federal capital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by christistruth01: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2022
2016v2017:

How can you compare once a federal capital to ordinary states ?

Calabar and Lokoja were Capitals of Nigeria
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Parachoko: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2022
2016v2017:

How can you compare once a federal capital to ordinary states ?
Lagos State was never the capita of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Viraltrends123: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2022
matrixme:

You will just sit down in the slum of Makoko with your cheap android phone and Nairaland zero data mode and be typing rubbish on the internet. When did Abuja become a dump to you? You need to see how Abuja people cast disdainful looks on Lagos. The kind of life here is a dream to you people, so keep dreaming. Your Lagos landlord will return shameless come 2023
LoL,. so who will win grin
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by aidameoryou: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2022
MoneySEASON:

If this is true, i can help you get him, from his name, you'll know he's from Akwaibom and and an indigene of this same state ripped me off 120k from a crypto in 2020. business.

Ok nice yes I think he's from awka ibom
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Villa12(m): 11:54am On Dec 06, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Osun state was ruled by Tinubu minions and his party for twelve years
Why didn't Osun develop to Oyo state level at least?
Instead it went from bad to rotten under the party
Chinedu was Tinubu the governor of Osun State? Has Tinubu ever govern Osun State Biko?
Most of you obingo are too dumb and daft like Naanu
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Viraltrends123: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
This Mumu has never been to Abuja. Urchin living in Sango Ota.

Abuja is miles ahead of Lagos infrastructure wise, Abuja is saner, has more roads and better landscape than Lagos
Oga, I live in Abuja, Lagos is by far the most developed place you can be in west Africa. Though there are many things to be done, we cant continue like this. But, when someone does good, say it the way it is.

meanwhile, I'm not saying you shouldn't vote for Atiku for his achievements in Abuja, let's all come out and vote who we like, the majority wins
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by uniquetechng: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2022
Parachoko:
FG didn't develop Lagos State.

Asiwaju and his boys have made Lagos the 5th largest economy in Africa.

FG also built roads and bridges in Adamawa,Abuja, Anambra, Oyo, Enugu,Rivers State, Borno, Kaduna and the rest of the states in Nigeria.

If not for Asiwaju and his boys, Abuja go don dust lagos, and Lagos would have been a dead city like Warri.

Warri suppose to dey contest with Ikeja, Yaba and Lekki if toh say leaders with vision like Tinubu ruled the state, Tinubu would have made the City of Warri better than Accra, Ghana and people like Atiku would have tell us is the FG that develop it.

I wander why Atiku didn't tell us why Warri can't compete with the likes of Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna and PH again, the PDP government in Delta State have ruin the city of Warri

No one is condemning the PDP Governors who have ruled Delta State for turning Warri to a dead city, but una go dey cry about Asiwaju who have elevated Lagos State to the 5th largest economy position in Africa.

Atiku have nothing to campaign with.
Stop saying nonsense, Mobolaji, Col. BubaMaruwa and Jakande did far more in Lagos than Tinubu, even Fash contributed more to Lagos than Tinubu who was only after enriching himself.
In the 80s Lagos was actually more beautiful than it is today, Apapa were we lived was as beautiful as many places on the Island is today.
Babangida as military head of state built the major infrastructure in Lagos not Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:56am On Dec 06, 2022
Prometaho:

May God keep us alive. Maybe in 50years to come, Abuja will become a state and Federal capital territory will be moved to another place. Then 1 governor will come out and say that he built Abuja.

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by christistruth01: 11:56am On Dec 06, 2022
Elidrisy20:
Everybody knows since the beginning of time,Lagos was developed by tinubu

Lagos Island was the Capital not Lagos State

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Viraltrends123: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2022
Taiw:
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria had some point. I was already the most developed state in Nigeria before a Tinubu came in and before it was moved to Abuja. I grew up in Lagos and clearly remember how Lagos looked under Tinubu. It was a mess. Oshodi, Ketu/mile12, and obalende, including other areas were full of dirt. lagos under Tinubu was full of beggars, people with different diseases, and miscreants. The same Lagos had people stuffed in molues. same Lagos that had people killed by strayed bullets. it was chaotic under Tinubu. my uncle was shot in Lagos during his era. As a Lagos state teacher, my mom used to complain about his administration. The beach was smelling. Fashola came to cleanse Lagos. Fashola was the one who gave us a new Lagos. He brought in BRTs, chased away bikes, and different innovative solutions. Fashola built a legacy in Lagos.
LOL, countering yourself, FG built Nigeria, and lagos was a mess during Tinubu reign, then it because cool. during Fashola reign. I now understand how. hatred deals with the brain
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by christistruth01: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

May God keep us alive. Maybe in 50years to come, Abuja will become a state and Federal capital territory will be moved to another place. Then 1 governor will come out and say that he built Abuja.

Lagos is 700 years Old

Abuja ( not Suleja) was a newly built City just like Awolowo built Ikeja from the Jungle Ikeja then included the all the Coast of Lagos except for the Lagos Island
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by uniquetechng: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Oga, I live in Abuja, Lagos is by far the most developed place you can be in west Africa. Though there are many things to be done, we cant continue like this. But, when someone does good, say it the way it is.

meanwhile, I'm not saying you shouldn't vote for Atiku for his achievements in Abuja, let's all come out and vote who we like, the majority wins
Lagos is not developed in anyway, the Lagos I grew up in the 70s to 90s was actually more beautiful and more organized than the Lagos of today.
And please you need to visit tiny Abidjan to know that Lagos has a long way to go as a city, no central water and sewage system, the two major attributes of a major city.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by FatherOfJesus: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2022
christistruth01:

Remove Island from Lagos, Lagos is shit
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Parachoko: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2022
uniquetechng:
Stop saying nonsense, Mobolaji, Maruea and Jakande did far more in Lagos than Tinubu, even Fash contributed more to Lagos than Tinubu who was only after enriching himself.
In the 80s Lagos was actually more beautiful than it is today, Apapa were we lived was as beautiful as many places on the Island is today.
Babangida as military head of state built the major infrastructure in Lagos not Tinubu.
List out the major infrastructure projects Babaginda start and finish in Lagos State.

Hope you know Babaginda didn't start the 3rd mainland bridge construction? So I don't expect you to mention the 3rd mainland bridge.

Nah you use your mouth talk say Babaginda built the major infrastructure in Lagos, so am waiting for you to list out this major infrastructures you are talking about
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by FatherOfJesus: 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
christistruth01:

Remove Ikoyi, VI, Onikan and Marina, Surulere, Apapa and lagos mainland developed by FG, Lagos is shit

2 Likes

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by bakynes(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
Some of you folks don't seem to understand when they say Tinubu and his guys ( His successors) built the new Lagos. I know particularly Fashola transformed Lagos to what it is today but Tinubu placed him there because he felt he shared his vision. LAGOS was a den of criminals pre- 1999 and a refuse dump of a state.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by gonkin(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
Tinubu taking credit for the good works of fashola and ambode

1 Like

Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Spiff20(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
If tomorrow Abuja becomes a state, one governor will now claim he built Abuja. A state was capital for more than 60 years, what do you expect. With federal government presence everywhere. Resources from other states where sent to federal coffers to develop Lagos and someone claims he built Lagos.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by FatherOfJesus: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Lagos is not developed oga, Lagos is just a commercial hub.

Lagos no get roads, streetlight no Dey work. Everywhere is shitty and rowdy expect ikoyi and VI.

I was born and bred in Lagos and I have been to Abuja many times, Abuja is light miles ahead of Lagos
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by blackpanda: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
Prometaho:

abi o
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Arab1234567: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mindlog:
Na Tinubu build Festac Town, build National Theatre, Third Mainland bridge, Ikorodu road, Carter bridge etc cheesy

Even the Iju water treatment plant commissioned by Lord Lugatd in 1915 was built by Tinubu. cheesy

In fact, Tinubu happens to be one of the Portuguese merchants who gave the State's name, Lagos. cheesy
Lol. Third Mainland Bridge way Babaginda build. You better go and read history
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Pathfinder2090: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
Prometaho:

Because Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria before it was moved to Abuja.
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by Zetty177x: 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
Ezeama400:
Ask Tinubu question how he's going to govern Nigeria, he would tell you I will make Nigeria like Lagos.. That's is slogan.. lol grin grin grin

If not for Lagos that made Tinubu what he is today, he would have remained at Iragbiji doing what his people are known for..

Maybe tomorrow If Abuja becomes a state like Lagos that was once a capital territory for ages, one charlatan will crawl out from his hole and tell us he made Abuja what it's ....

Tinubu should stop ridiculing himself with that idiotic narrative he's pushing that he built Lagos... It's making him to sound foolish !!!

You said it all ...just to add below
In 1997, law school was existing before Abacha forcefully relocated it to Abuja for his daughter to attend law school. Abi na Tinubu build am too
Re: FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku by christistruth01: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Remove Ikoyi, VI, Onikan and Marina, Surulere, Apapa and lagos mainland developed by FG, Lagos is shit

I think Lekki and Ikeja are nice

Surulere Apapa Lagos Mainland were all in Awolowo's western Region

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help / Nigeriens Angry, Believe Tinubu Is Waging War Against Them - Umar Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.