Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) (30069 Views)

Fact-check On Tinubu’s BBC Interview On State Of The Nation Before APC Took Over / Nigerians React To Bola Tinubu’s BBC Interview / Bola Tinubu's Chatham House Speech & Interview (Full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Wilson212: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hoelujohn:
He said IMF has investigated the accounts of Lagos State. Please let's verify
He is right there is al loan given to States IMF and only three was able to access it because they have to look deep into your records before they will give you . Lagos have gotten the loan ,edo and I think kaduna so jagabam is right

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by femisplash: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
Babysho:

You want Nigeria to do well, I get it but Tinubu is not that guy. Peter Obi isn't the ideal guy for me but he is a way better option than Tinubu just by being younger. That's how low Nigeria is rn. If you're not wise enough to recognise this reality, I'm sorry to say but you're a dunce.
If you want a younger guy, then vote Sowore, SDP candidate or the young Professor. I don't take kindly to a packaged fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Kaysalas(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

Okay brother, no problem. It is your choice and it is to be respected.
Same respect accorded yours wink
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Babysho(m): 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
Kaysalas:

Sorry O, I know you didn't also quote me but I need you to stop thinking we Yorubas supporting Tinubu are doing so for other reasons apart from competence. Obi asides from being younger doesn't beat Tinubu in any area. And it's foolhardy to call Obi young where SDP candidate and sowore dey Dia. So what exactly is Obi's selling point?

You're wanting to hire Tinubu for his economic competence just like we hired Buhari for his military competence only for him to throw the country into more insecurity and chaos. Tinubu is gone. I know Tinubu and that is not the Tinubu that "built" Lagos.

Don't you learn from history? It's not even history as it is still happening. Bro, if APC comes in again, how are we going to uncover all the atrocities committed in the present administration. Don't you understand the reason for opposition? In fact, anybody supporting Tinubu and APC probably loses memory of their day's events every night they go to bed.

Obi gets my vote just by claiming to have good track records like the rest, being younger and being under another party. It's stupid I know but that's how low Nigeria is rn.
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Intrepid01(m): 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:
Not good in the sense of persuading undecided voters to vote for him or leaving any sense of what a voter might gain personally from voting him
His claims about security are out of tune with reality? Bandits have taken over the forests all over the country, they break into jails at will to release their accomplices and government has no answer
He has not given any tangible solution to security.

He evaded the question about personal wealth talking about Warren Buffet, what is the connection?

Tinubu does not believe in persuading anyone to vote for him. He believes in money and party structures to deliver.

because that is what delivers political result in Nigeria, unfortunately. Majority of voters don’t even have light to watch debates.
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2022
Cyberterror:
Truly Jagaban is different. Turkey has a President from Istanbul the commercial capital and it is reverberating across the whole Turkey. Nigeria will have its first President from Lagos the commercial capital and the whole country will balance well.

what has erdogan coming from istanbul got to do with the state of turkey at the moment?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Kaysalas(m): 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
Babysho:

You're wanting to hire Tinubu for his economic competence just like we hired Buhari for his military competence only for him to throw the country into more insecurity and chaos. Tinubu is gone. I know Tinubu and that is not the Tinubu that "built" Lagos.

Don't you learn from history? It's not even history as it is still happening. Bro, if APC comes in again, how are we going to uncover all the atrocities committed in the present administration. Don't you understand the reason for opposition? In fact, anybody supporting Tinubu and APC probably loses memory of their day's events every night they go to bed.

Obi gets my vote just by claiming to have good track records like the rest, being younger and being under another party. It's stupid I know but that's how low Nigeria is rn.
The same buhari who said that he belonged to everybody and nobody (a direct affront to Tinubu)
Tell me, since when have you started holding one man responsible for the sins of another?
How many atrocities have previous governments uncovered and what has been the impact?
Obi gets your vote because he is younger but sowore and SDP candidate who areuch younger won't get your votes. Indeed, it is stupid grin
All the best bro

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wilson212:
He is right there is al loan given to States IMF and only three was able to access it because they have to look deep into your records before they will give you . Lagos have gotten the loan ,edo and I think kaduna so jagabam is right

bros when did lagos state get loan directly from IMF? hows that possible?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Babysho(m): 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
femisplash:

If you want a younger guy, then vote Sowore, SDP candidate or the young Professor. I don't take kindly to a packaged fraud.

Atleast, Obi talked about it and explained what he did. If them open Tinubu own, e go make this thread reach page 15.

I'm not even going to debate Obi or Tinubu corruption because normally, I know all politicians are not clean but if you let the ruling party that threw Nigeria into this mess win again, Tinubu go really know say all of us too mumu.

The only reason why you hear about the atrocities in our govt is because the party ruling was changed. We need that to keep Nigeria fairly sane.
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by theredaddy: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
Babysho:

Femi calm down lol I didn't even quote you. I'm also a Yoruba man like you and I've grown to love Nigerian people a lot and want all of us to do well.

Don't you see Nigeria collapsing because we let a very old man oversee it's affairs for 8 years
. Apart from the terrible monetary policies, the lack of supervision/corruption is what is eating up Nigeria gan gan and you want to repeat the same mistake?

If you're voting along tribal lines, mo fi olorun be e, DESIST! I've read several books on pan-africanism and always, the answer is UNITY. The reason why we Black Africans are not still living in Upper Egypt enjoying the fruit of our ancestors' labour is disunity.

See Peter Obi as your brother. Let's finally move on to the engine that drives developed countries. Let's finally move from unity of language to unity of purpose. The purpose being to stop wasting our commonwealth and build our nation for our enrichment.

See person reason, i would really love for you to justapose with young governors we have across state, ac

If quality of good governance depends on Age, america won't vote Donald & Biden that are over 70yrs respectively

Kim JONG-UN, ASSIMI GOITA, ASSIMI GOITA, EMMANUEL MACRON, those are names of young president in the world (less than 45yrs) ... what is spectacular about them compared to the older ones.

oga what we need is Good head, all that young or old bullshit don't count in real sense

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by ManOfSon: 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
Tinubu is simply pathetic. He actually put himself, Lagos State and prudence in the same sentence. His fingers were shaking uncontrollably though, and he was doing his utmost best to ensure they were firmly under the table.

Majesty2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw8xKpOY97I
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
Kaysalas:

The same buhari who said that he belonged to everybody and nobody (a direct affront to Tinubu)
Tell me, since when have you started holding one man responsible for the sins of another?
How many atrocities have previous governments uncovered and what has been the impact?
Obi gets your vote because he is younger but sowore and SDP candidate who areuch younger won't get your votes. Indeed, it is stupid grin
All the best bro

how is buharis statement that he belonged to everybody and nobody a direct affront to Tinubu?

how is everything you typed correlated with the following?

"You're wanting to hire Tinubu for his economic competence just like we hired Buhari for his military competence only for him to throw the country into more insecurity and chaos. Tinubu is gone. I know Tinubu and that is not the Tinubu that "built" Lagos.

Don't you learn from history? It's not even history as it is still happening. Bro, if APC comes in again, how are we going to uncover all the atrocities committed in the present administration. Don't you understand the reason for opposition? In fact, anybody supporting Tinubu and APC probably loses memory of their day's events every night they go to bed."
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2022
theredaddy:

See person reason, i would really love for you to justapose with young governors we have across state, ac

If quality of good governance depends on Age, america won't vote Donald & Biden that are over 70yrs respectively

Kim JONG-UN, ASSIMI GOITA, ASSIMI GOITA, EMMANUEL MACRON, those are names of young president in the world (less than 45yrs) ... what is spectacular about them compared to the older ones.

oga what we need is Good head, all that young or old bullshit don't count in real sense

whiuch good head are you saying that we need?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Wilson212: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

bros when did lagos state get loan directly from IMF? hows that possible?
oga use your Google not only Lagos two other states got it even the Senate have to approve it .The rigorous procedure is the reason most state did not apply

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Babysho(m): 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
Kaysalas:

All the best bro

Just think deeply about what I said. You're more interested in back and forth nonsense they practice on NL.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by femisplash: 9:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
Babysho:

Atleast, Obi talked about it and explained what he did. If them open Tinubu own, e go make this thread reach page 15.

I'm not even going to debate Obi or Tinubu corruption because normally, I know all politicians are not clean but if you let the ruling party that threw Nigeria into this mess win again, Tinubu go really know say all of us too mumu.

The only reason why you hear about the atrocities in our govt is because the party ruling was changed. We need that to keep Nigeria fairly sane.
Open it na, why can't you open it?.. You can even go to court and sue Tinubu. Vote your fraud in peace and stop yapping bullshit here.
Bye

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
poncedeleon:
wow. one thing about him is that he is so confident on himself.

That's Aries people for you
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by zachanalysis: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Nwaezeudo:
And also a Bala Blu! Old and senile Drug Lord that should be playing with his grandchildren in Iragbiji is disgracing himself all over the place! What a shame!
let's leave sentiment aside, this guy is fucking intelligent. How do you know a 'can do' leader? First is having confidence in your own product. That comes with getting results in the past. Not many of us can deny the fact that Tinubu left a positive footprint for subsequent administration in Lagos to build upon. Like him or hate him...He still remains the best among the lots...... I would rather trust a thieving Tinubu who knows what it takes to create national wealth than trust a charlatan like Peter Obi with very unrealistic and surreal understanding of economic transformation strategy. Being a successful trader does not translate to having hands on knowledge about creating wealth that will not go into your account but put means of livelihood in the hands of the people. That's what transformational economic strategy is all about and in my reckoning, Tinubu is better suited to deliver this than mr Obi and Mr Atiku Abubakar.

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wilson212:
oga use your Google not only Lagos two other states got it even the Senate have to approve it .The rigorous procedure is the reason most state did not apply

since you have google to use, am surprised that you cant answer the simple question...when did lagos state get loan directly from IMF? hows that possible?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
poncedeleon:
wow. one thing about him is that he is so confident on himself.

why wont he be confident of himself? is there any politician in nigeria who isnt confident of his or herself? is being confident peculiar to tinubu?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Pepper them

I over love this man's confidence

is confidence peculiar to tinubu? is the journalist interviewing him not confident?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Moh247: 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

is confidence peculiar to tinubu? is the journalist interviewing him not confident?

I over love Tinubu's confidence

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Babysho(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
theredaddy:

You better start using and learning from your own immediate history as an African man. How many times have you been educated not to use countries that impoverishes you every day as yardsticks?

I'm not going to vote in the same party and the same age grade that tried to make my life harder. Which kind risk be that? When there are other candidates? Only a fool would do that.
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Wilson212: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

since you have google to use, am surprised that you cant answer the simple question...when did lagos state get loan directly from IMF? hows that possible?
https://businessday.ng/amp/business-economy/article/200m-world-bank-loan-is-for-execution-of-lagos-light-rail-project-lai-mohammed/
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
seunmsg:
Great interview. I love his response to the question about who he would have voted for between Obi and Atiku if he’s not running for president.

His brilliance, confidence and arrogance is why I like him. Even the western world would be afraid of the kind of groundbreaking impact Tinubu will bring to the country if elected president. He has the right mindset, ideas and track record to really turn this country around. He will make a very good president.

why would the western world "the western world would be afraid of the kind of groundbreaking impact Tinubu will bring to the country if tinubu is elected president"? what exactly will make thema afraid of tinubu?

what is the right mindset that tinubu has? what are the ideas and trackrecord does tinubu have to turn this country around? is making buhari president one of those ideas?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Moh247:

I over love Tinubu's confidence

i know but is confidence peculiar to tinubu? is the journalist interviewing him not confident?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Wilson212: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
[quote author=CheapHomes1 post=118959074]

since you have google to use, am surprised that you cant answer the simple question...when did lagos state get loan directly from IMF? hows that possible?[/quoteo]https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/188351-senate-approves-75-million-world-bank-loan-for-edo.html
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Wilson212: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/188351-senate-approves-75-million-world-bank-loan-for-edo.html
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wilson212:
https://businessday.ng/amp/business-economy/article/200m-world-bank-loan-is-for-execution-of-lagos-light-rail-project-lai-mohammed/

jesus christ of nazareth. earlier you said IMF gave lagos state government loan. i asked you and you still insisted it was IMF loan. now the link you sent said world bank loan. is IMF and world bank the same thing abi you dont know what you are saying?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wilson212:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/188351-senate-approves-75-million-world-bank-loan-for-edo.html

you are confidently ignorant. is IMF and world bank the same thing? did you even read the link you sent?
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Moh247: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

i know but is confidence peculiar to tinubu? is the journalist interviewing him not confident?

No buts, I love Tinubu's confidence
Do you love Tinubu's confidence?!
Re: Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video) by Antoeni(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
idiot
Moh247:
cool

Pepper them

I over love this man's confidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abia Cattle Market Killings: Arewa Youths Give ‘last Warning’ / Nnamdi Kanu: Goodluck Jonathan Was A Weak & Incompetent President" / Government Tompolo Congratulates Bola Tinubu On The Occasion Of His Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.