Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him (41658 Views)

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) / Woman Returns From SALAH Feasting Only To Find Her House On Fire / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Belleful: 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
My own na for where all this retired force men Dem take see millions dey buy properties?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Tvoice: 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
Nothing we nor go see for lagos

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Chetas81(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
80% OF THE NIGERIA CITIZENS REMAIN SICK NOT ORDINARY SICK BUT EXTREMELY GOING WITH THE MORDEN DAY MENTA ILLNESS --- I COME IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Golan007: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
Did they enter into a pre-contract agreement?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by nedekid: 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
cmecproblem:
Wahala! Now landlady may lose because the court case will drag until one of them dies without paying or receiving money.
The house has been sold. The man will move out based on his expired lease. The new owner will take possession. The man can then go one his wide goose chase appeal.
The business of sale of the house I believe is different from his tenancy.
He wants to be smart by half by retaining possession of the property.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by oluwaseyi0: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
cmecproblem:
Wahala! Now landlady may lose because the court case will drag until one of them dies without paying or receiving money.

Landlady can't loose

Landlady already collect money from the latest buyer and hand over property

He wants landlady to refund the buyer and then sell the house to him

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Kooldon(f): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
Nayturalistic:

Stop being so daft Chinedu
That Chinedu kee you there. Ode meta
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Golan007: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
greggng:
I cannot blame that tenant ...if you look at that matter very well without being sentimental ...you can see that the tenant suffered some injustice ...imagine selling two properties in other to meet up the payment of a house and the same house was not given to you ...despite making such effort to complete the money ...There is a place in our law where landlords who intend selling a house that has tenant...has to first give them first right ...if they refuse or unable to pay ...then the offer can be thrown open. In this case this tenant ade great effort ...only greed on the side of the landlord that made her deny the innocent tenant the opportunity.. The truth is that he has seen a bigger offer ...not minding the sacrifice of the tenant .

They should have entered into a contract.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by brain54(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
Only if he could prove she made him sell his family’s property..,

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Hailstone: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
This tenant has crazy nerves. He’s still went ahead to appeal the judgment. Good grief! Over someone’s property? If the house was sold out, am sure there many others out there that he could buy, but seems he’s a troublemaker.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by oluwaseyi0: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
The way to avoid this type of silly case is to make the person who file the case pay fine to the government for wasting court time, also he will be the one to pay legal fee of the landlady he sued

He can't expect mama to be wasting money on lawyer over his useless case
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Emola12(m): 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
So far wey be say the man name nah onitiju I skip my comment
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
4.5million rent yearly... Retired commodore. Still get 135million naira to buy house

This country military just dey thief money upandan

Anyways.... I get 4 bedroom building for lease @ Abeokuta. Everything dey inside from furniture to cookware to solar power. Call or text digits on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by oluwaseyi0: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
brain54:
Only if he could prove she made him sell his family’s property..,
How? Isn't he meant to get the money anyhow he deemed fit, if he like he should sell himself

So far there's no written agreement or part payment there's no case

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by ufuosman(m): 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by oluwaseyi0: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
IbroMaka:
4.5million rent yearly... Retired commodore. Still get 135million naira to buy house

This country military just dey thief money upandan

Anyways.... I get 4 bedroom building for lease @ Abeokuta. Everything dey inside from furniture to cookware to solar power. Call or text digits on my signature.

I swear, how much is his salary?[url][/url] embarassed embarassed money meant for weapon acquisition gone
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
My thoughts exactly!

Belleful:
My own na for where all this retired force men Dem take see millions dey buy properties?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by moppie123(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
The real question to ask is where did a former Air commodore see N90m to N100m to negotiate and where did a former colonel see N135m to pay. Nobody should say salary or gratuity please... If only 2 people in the military,that are not even at the highest levels of their careers can quote millions like this, imagine what will be going on in the military.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Well the perception of audacity is wrong
There are a number of things in law which he failed to establish otherwise he would have had a case.
He lost the case NOT at all from the audacity angle.That is not why he lost which is to say similar cases with different facts could succeed.

It is important to grasp the legal reasons why his case failed not the visceral response it triggers in us

This scenario is described legally as GAZUMPING it is possible and legal in some countries and NOT in others. He said he will appeal . It is a very interesting case and would add to jurisprudence in Nigeria
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Idamond: 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
Christistruth00:
Entitlement Mentality
it seems this entitlement mentality you don't know the meaning of it..
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Cantonese: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

But his name is contradictory to his actions Sha.

Please read the part where the man told the court that he did not have evidence of the account into which he deposited the N135m. He was asked if the landlady asked him to sell his two houses and he answered no.

Read o.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

I swear, how much is his salary?[url][/url] embarassed embarassed money meant for weapon acquisition gone

You can imagine retired colonel come buy the house las las at 170million.

American veteran generals no see this kind money
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Moh247: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
You sure say Chief Tenant never bury Juju for the house
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Phraences: 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
Abroad he could win o! Did she give him some sort of hope that if he raised the money she would sell to him?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Phraences: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
moppie123:
The real question to ask is where did a former Air commodore see N90m to N100m to negotiate and where did a former colonel see N135m to pay. Nobody should say salary or gratuity please... If only 2 people in the military,that are not even at the highest levels of their careers can quote millions like this, imagine what will be going on in the military.

Embezzled money for weaponry and ammunition.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Deogratias0030(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

You think he has a good case?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Phraences: 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
And i am sure that house is cheap at that price.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Phraences:

Abroad he could win o! Did she give him some sort of hope that if he raised the money she would sell to him?
Abroad where? Ghana?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by jamesversion: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Franzinni:

What is the meaning of Onitiju??
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Na by force to live for Ikoyi?

Abeg make baba commodore just gather 100millon go buy a dozen houses for Abeokuta.

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Major7: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Reporting34:
A very sharp tenant

Sharp or lack wisdom? He just wasted money on suing and would waste more appealing.he should have kept his money for relocation purposes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Landlord Throws Graduate-Tenant Properties Outside In Uyo During Heavy Rain-pics / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.