Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) (60348 Views)

Celine Dion At Grammy: Picture / Photos Celine Dion Makes A Big Comeback After Battling With Stiff-person Syndrom / Celine Dion's Look In The 1990's Vs 2019(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by nlfpmod: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_mb-zUG30

Celine Dion has been diagnosed with a neurological disorder that ultimately leaves sufferers as human statues as it progressively locks the body into rigid positions, leaving people unable to walk or talk. This is so sad

https://twitter.com/virgosgrooviest/status/1600835370765422593?t=u4V0s66utokNgbWBrHjTzA&s=08

Celine Dion diagnosed with 'Stiff Person Syndrome', an incurable and extremely rare neurological disease

The singer revealed the news via her Instagram page

Celine Dion took to Instagram on Thursday to reveal the shocking and devasting news that she's been diagnosed with an incredibly rare and life-changing disease known as Stiff Person Syndrome.

As the name suggests, the disease causes the body's muscles to seize up which over time it became progressively worse, eventually leaving those suffering with the disease looking like statues, often unable to move their body at all.

Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for the disease, but there are a few ways of slowing it down and minimizing the symptoms.

Dion bravely revealed the news via her Instagram in a post that was captioned: "I've been dealing with problems with my health for a long time, and it's been really difficult for me to face these challenges and to talk about everything that I've been going through...It hurts me to tell you that I won't be ready to restart my tour in Europe in February."

"I've been dealing with problems with my health for a long time, and it's been really difficult for me to face these challenges and to talk about everything that I've been going through."

She's been forced to cancel her European tour following the diagnosis.

The singer revealed that the spasms are already affecting her day-to-day life. "Unfortunately, these spasms affect every aspect of my daily life sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I'm used to", she said.

Dion assured that she's working closely with her team of doctors and that she is receiving plenty of support from her close family.

This is the latest tragedy the Candian singer has had to deal with after having to deal with the death of her husband back in 2016.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrities/2022/12/08/6391d700e2704e48908b4575.html

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by ahnie: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
This idol is really going thru alot.
A shoulder to lean on at this stage of her life is really much welcomed.

Firstu commendus

261 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by sofeo(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ooooppss.

Wishing you divine healing and grace sis!

155 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by NobleSeed(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
get well soon global icon. one of the brightest artists of the pop culture of all time.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by meobizy(f): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
If she rage quits from life now, these troglodytes on Nairaland will claim she was a coward. Such a condition is a go ahead for euthanasia. Pray from now till the next thousand years, no god will reply your messages. For a god to answer, he or she has to exist first.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Viridis(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Quick recovery
I hate her type of song I don't think there is any Nigerian that will like it apart from oversabis with there fake love for western life

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by LaSenior: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by chatinent: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
A beautiful woman.

Wish her faster recovery ..even when I understand they said it's incurable.

Sha, una don buy house? Visit www.tenderlyhomes.com

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by nony43(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sickness no good at all, the way this woman take age ehh. Chaii.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by buygala(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
I wish her well

Superstar lady with Superstar disease cry

Celine has really had a rough life

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Amuluonyenaego: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ehyaa, Celina Ndiona I wish you quick recovery though they said incurable but what God cannot do does not exist.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by emmanuel596(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Which one be stiff person syndrome
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Naturalgbola(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
let's talk about love.... Immortality.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by money121(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Realists(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
ahnie:
This idol is really going thru alot.
A shoulder to lean on at this stage of her life is really much welcomed.

Hope she has her own biological kids to look after her, for she wealth, but she can't love from Nursing house's.
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by abobote: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Get well soon, the legend with a golden voice

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Johel(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Get well soon queen

5 Likes

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Whobedatte(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ojo iku, l'ojo isinmi walahii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Johel(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Realists:

Hope she has her own biological kids to look after her.

Yes she does

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by WibusJaga: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022

Stiff Person Syndrome. shocked

I for say this kind sickness na handwork of village people, but dem no dey for that side.
Quick recovery.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by ahnie: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Realists:

Hope she has her own biological kids to look after her.
No idea
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by gimakon2(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Biko nu which one is stiff person syndrome?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by chieveboy(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Effect of being a 'walk in'
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by wiseone28: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ever green

My crush those years..

White people disease.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by edwardaigb: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
God help her.
Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
The disease causes the body's muscles to seize up which over time it became progressively worse, eventually leaving those suffering with the disease looking like statues, often unable to move their body at all.
Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for the disease, but there are a few ways of slowing it down and minimizing the symptoms.

Get well soon our Darling Celine.
Prayers going up.
We love you ❤️

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
Chaiii

God save Celine Dion oh

Queen of Pop

Get well soon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by TheChameleon: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
angry

"Falling into you" great song.

There's suffering and pain in this world .... different forms.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) by Truckman2022: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
Cf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alexx Ekubo Receives Range Rover Autobiography Gift From Friend (Photos, Video) / Check Out Picture Of Tiwa Savage In The 1980’s / Mercy Johnson Returns To Movie Set, Flaunts Hot Boobs On Set (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.