Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 (27347 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by NofiuFade(m): 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Yeh! Mother’s of all lies.

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by oneMalik: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
To further high the inflation and thereby cause more hardship .

Were still suffering from the one OBJ did and now you ?

Thank you for your intending contribution .

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ask yourself if you can think, will he force State Government to pay? Those who have not been able to pay 30k minimum wage.

Use your head Slap44
SLAP44:
The good times are here again grin grin grin

I will buy a car as soon as Peter Obi wins

I will marry

I will build a good house

There will be enough work because industries will be built

There will be security because these utchins and miscreants disturbing us will finally be forced to work grin

Zero inflation, Peter Obi and his VP understands the economy better than the rest of the pretenders.

Vote for better life, vote for Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
triple996:
Lies grin
Nigeria day depends on crude oil
Where is d money coming from?

Professor Soludo was the Chief Economic Adviser to Obasanjo and the Chairman of National Planning Commission. It was the NEEDS (National Economic Empowerment Development Strategy) document he produced for Obasanjo government that gave him the CBN governorship.

I tried to avoid OBI and LP so as not to waste my time. We should ask Prof Soludo , Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Oby if what these people are saying are logical and workable.

The elites know they cannot win. I don't understand why Atiku should be wasting his time with these people by attending a debate with them. This is not humility. This is not Islamic tenet but wastage of his useful time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by DaveHarry(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
What dey cannot do wen dey assume office. No politician is trustworthy.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by SLAP44: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Ask yourself if you can think, will he force State Government to pay? Those who have not been able to pay 30k minimum wage.

Use your head Slap44

Yes he can, he is not a lazy sick leader like buharri.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by NLPoliceWoman: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
RTR

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Geniuelander: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Christistruth00:

Sorry correction Peter Obi didn’t pay his workers for 3 years

From the record Peter Obi started ruling Anambra from March 2006..

The screenshot says The news was August 2006 grin grin

So please can you explain March to August 2006

How was that 3years
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by meditator(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
SLAP44:

I will marry

There will be security because these utchins and miscreants disturbing us will finally be forced to work grin

Zero inflation, Peter Obi and his VP understands the economy better than the rest of the pretenders.

I will not argue with you. But one thing which I'm certain of is that, Buhari will only handover to a Nigerian President not a Biafran

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Latakia(f): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Naira20:
Thinkers
That manifesto surprise APC,PDP and mainstream journalists.
u mean the copy copy manifesto where Obi Pandora owned teachers, doctors and other civil servants salaries during his 8 miserable years as a governor of the erosion state grin

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by COMPAQ(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
fkj950ax:

I am also wondering how they intend to pay these salaries.
80k salary comes with pension and bonuses and 13th month and misc.
Is it from the economy that has achieved negative earnings year on year and currently borrowing to stay afloat?

It's pretty easy.

First implement Orasanye report. Close some agencies and merge others. And sack useless, unproductive staff. Left to me over 3years those on government payroll need to reduce by at least 30%.

Second, minimum wage should cater to lowest workers only. Someone earning N500k a month should not be adjusted for now. That helps to close the gap between the bottom and the top earners.

Third, we remove subsidy. That frees up some cash.

Fourth, We reduce other wastages in government. We can save tens of billions by being very intentional in reducing overhead and admin costs.

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Blaze14k: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
favor914:
Where will The Federal Government get the money to pay 100k minimum?

Maybe by 2035?

Oga the reason why u believe its impossible is because u r use to corruption. Ur brain is wired to believe nigeria can never be better. That is y most of u believe when one of ur family member get a federal job he will recruit u and ur entire village.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by favor914: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
nkemoma:

Oga shut up and think!!!!

Low Minimum wage is the number one problem in this country after insecurity

Because the minimum wage is so poor, lab our is soooo cheap and buying power of the average Nigerian is so weak...

When you see good ideas, don't let hatred make you say it is bad... That is witchcraft and sorcery
You have no value to add, that is why you remain in a supposed minimum wage.

Ie. Export 150, 50kg gallons of palm oil every month to Europe, please try and think out the box, too many lazy minded people Olin Nigeria.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by rajiedreez: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
That's what they want to hear. Unrealistic promises
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by IamR: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
SLAP44:
Lol

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Coronavirus1: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol.

Labour party and its daft presidential candidate will just be spewing figures around like an amateur. Just look at the ignorant kids jubilating above.

Is this achievable economically and financially? You want to wreck the country down. In a country where even a common continous payment of subsidy is taking a toll on the country.

Labour party think we are all fools who dont know how things works.
It is more like telling a kid you will buy aeroplane for him/her . How?
You lie is untenable how much is house of Asembly salary
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by SLAP44: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
meditator:
I will not argue with you. But one thing which I'm certain of is that, Buhari will only handover to a Nigerian President not a Biafran

He has no choice, it's the people that will decide.

Nice to see you agree that Peter Obi will surely win.

What happens after he wins is not in your capacity to determine.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
From which money angry

The one you kept somewhere right?

Or enlighten us how he's going to do it.
Even the announcer said THEY'LL BE LOOKING AT, they didn't make a promise
SLAP44:

Yes he can, he is not a lazy sick leader like buharri.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Emir01: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
Labour party will buy aeroplane for all the youths �

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by SLAP44: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
From which money angry

The one you kept somewhere right?

Or enlighten us how he's going to do it.
Even the announcer said THEY'LL BE LOOKING AT, they didn't make a promise

Think right, be positive, a new Nigeria is very POssible
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Devil1Messenger: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
favor914:
I believe the pegging of the salary structure of a state is the jurisdiction of a State’s House of Assembly?
Lolz
He proposed it the state assembly and it was approved
Obi will block all the stealings goin on
Ur budget will be well spent. Nothing like missing funds again
The elites know these, that is why they are doing everything possible to stop him. Its so painfully to see people that suffering and poor as a result of successive bad govts attack obi that mean for the people
If we miss this man,
Nigeria may never recover in the next decades. Tinubu and Atiku are coming to continue the old order
God help us
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by favor914: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blaze14k:

Oga the reason why u believe its impossible is because u r use to corruption. Ur brain is wired to believe nigeria can never be better. That is y most of u believe when one of ur family member get a federal job he will recruit u and ur entire village.
This is Nigeria, stop living in an utopia, the more I hear Peter Obi talk, the more it is confirmed the Apga Judas has nothing to offer, he is just an egotistic individual having fun deceiving the political gullible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Shikena(m): 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
SLAP44:

I will marry

That cheap burukutu go soon clear for your eyes grin

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by BigBashiru: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
gypsey:
I don't understand how your brain works grin you must hate your life so much, the party promised to increase your wages from 30,000 to 100 000 and lessen your suffering and you are calling them desparate and clowns? I mean, what do you have to lose? What would be the alternative? For APC to continue paying 30,000?

No mind them....
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by fredoooooo: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sowore want to do 250,000 minimum wage ..
All of una are on a long thing ... grin

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by moskush1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Naso Buhari take put Nigeria for multidimensional poverty with messianic promises
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by BigBashiru: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolz
He proposed it the state assembly and it was approved
Obi will block all the stealings goin on
Ur budget will be well spent. Nothing like missing funds again
The elites know these, that is why they are doing everything possible to stop him. Its so painfully to see people that suffering and poor as a result of successive bad govts attack obi that mean for the people
If we miss this man,
Nigeria may never recover in the next decades. Tinubu and Atiku are coming to continue the old order
God help us

At bolded = words on marble....
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Blaze14k: 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
So what's the minimum wage of Anambra workers?

Pandora Obituary can continue riding on the back of obituarists.

This picture is clearly meant for tinubu urchins who is mentally and physically colonized by a tyrand who dictects who answer questions and appoint a governor to answer question on security when he fail to secure his own state

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Britishpea: 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Should be thought about but difficult until we have a strong economic policy to stabilize the country. Next president has a lot of work to do. Economy is downturned. It is messy. Buhari is confused already. Nigeria has no money like the time of Goodluck. There’s nothing like excess crude oil account sharing like we had during Gejs.

We need a leader who can think out of box like Tinubu to lift us out of this mess. Then we can talk about salary increment. If we try it now, we are in for it. Many states can never ever pay it. Even federal government will face challenges if they try it.
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Invest4growth: 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Deception galore. Where will the funds to pay be sourced. You need 160 percent of expected revenue to service debt in 2023. That is Waiting for the incoming administration. Political power will become a no-go area when You consider the deep rooted issues to be confronted. Nigerians are not willing to accept deception. So parties are urged to properly dimension the issues on ground
Re: Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 by Torosk1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
No promise weytin u no go fit do Mr man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PDP NEC Picks Jonathan As Sole Presidential Candidate For 2015 / Kashamu Under House Arrest, To Appear In Court Monday - NDLEA / Oshiomhole Forecloses Automatic Tickets For Kogi, Bauchi, Kaduna Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.